Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Fuel Importation Will End In 2019 – Kachikwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Importation Will End In 2019 – Kachikwu (759 Views)

FG Grants Fuel Marketers Special FX To Resume Fuel Importation / I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu / We Will Save $10bn From Fuel Importation- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Importation Will End In 2019 – Kachikwu by wordychap: 1:11am On Jun 24, 2016
The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, on Thursday said the country would end fuel importation by 2019.

He said there was an ongoing investment drive towards meeting the infrastructure requirements for local refining of crude oil and that by 2019, Nigeria was expected to become a net exporter of refined products.

Kachikwu spoke in Abuja as the guest speaker at the 10th Annual Business Law Conference of the Nigerian Bar Association’s Section on Business Law.

The event had as its theme: ‘Law reform and economic development’, but the minister spoke on the sub-theme, ‘Future prospects for the oil and gas industry’.

He said for the refineries to function optimally, about $50bn was required to fill the infrastructural gap, adding that the existing refineries were currently working at about 40-50 per cent of their combined installed capacity.

Kachikwu added that the ongoing investments effort were aimed at raising the output of the plants to 90 per cent capacity or more, and build the needed infrastructure.

He said Nigeria was expected to reduce fuel importation by 2018 and stop it completely the following year.

Kachikwu said, “I have faith that if we put the money where we should and quickly, my eyes are set on 2018 or 2019, and even if I’m not here, somebody’s eyes will have to be set on that. The whole idea is that from 2018, we must have achieved a 60 per cent reduction in importation of petroleum products; and in 2019, we must be able to exit importation completely.

“To do that, we have a lot of work to do and a lot of funding to put in place, and we’re working hard to achieve this. I have hope. I’m a very strong optimist.”

He also gave a clue on why the refineries were still working at low capacities, saying, “How do the refineries work if the pipelines supplying them are out most of the year and so they can’t supply crude? You can’t refine a. n empty space.”

http://www.punchng.com/fuel-importation-will-end-2019-kachikwu/
Re: Fuel Importation Will End In 2019 – Kachikwu by STARGREEN(m): 1:28am On Jun 24, 2016
Yes of course when PDP must have taken power . We are glad you didn't say tomorrow as usual
Re: Fuel Importation Will End In 2019 – Kachikwu by GloriaNinja(f): 1:31am On Jun 24, 2016
That might happen in the next 50 years, Nigeria and their incompetence.
Re: Fuel Importation Will End In 2019 – Kachikwu by dotG(m): 1:36am On Jun 24, 2016
nigerians lieing to themselves....honestly there will be more importation sef.
Re: Fuel Importation Will End In 2019 – Kachikwu by aloeman15(m): 1:37am On Jun 24, 2016
Actually, that's a lie.
The hope is for dangote to come onstream and boost the production of LOCALLY REFINED PETROL. What everyone always neatly sidesteps is this:
Because that refinery is in the free trade export processing zone, NIGERIA WILL HAVE TO IMPORT DANGOTE'S PETROL and PAY HIM IN DOLLARS.
Don't believe it?
All you need to do is ask questions.
Re: Fuel Importation Will End In 2019 – Kachikwu by chriskosherbal(m): 1:38am On Jun 24, 2016
Okay i see
Re: Fuel Importation Will End In 2019 – Kachikwu by Fairytales: 2:48am On Jun 24, 2016
All things being equal
Re: Fuel Importation Will End In 2019 – Kachikwu by FreeWorld23: 3:23am On Jun 24, 2016
Hmmme
Re: Fuel Importation Will End In 2019 – Kachikwu by FreeWorld23: 3:24am On Jun 24, 2016
Fairytales:
All things being equal
Re: Fuel Importation Will End In 2019 – Kachikwu by Fairytales: 3:29am On Jun 24, 2016
[quote author=FreeWorld23 post=46870567][/quote] undecided
Re: Fuel Importation Will End In 2019 – Kachikwu by agabusta: 3:30am On Jun 24, 2016
If the Buhari administration can indeed end importation of fuel products by 2019, that will definitely be regarded as a brilliant performance in the petroleum sector.
Re: Fuel Importation Will End In 2019 – Kachikwu by Nobody: 3:33am On Jun 24, 2016

I am not only happy that the importation of fuel will stop, but my joy lies in the fact that there will be creation ofrefinery and of such there will be more job for the masses.

Look at the implication below.
Self producing fuel nation
Creation of refinery
Creation of more job
Gains from the by product gotten from petroleum
Increase in the amount of megawatt generated if at all Nigeria is not ready to use coal and solar for electricity.

This news is palatable cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Acting As If He Is The One Running For Election – Ize- Iyamu / Checkout This Epic Throwback Photo Of Governor Fayose & His Wife / Alleged Fraud: Lawyer Asks Fayose To Resign Or Be Forced Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.