Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities (5082 Views)

University Of Ibadan Wins Moot Competition / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by HIROSHI: 9:32pm On Sep 02, 2009
Nigeria's premier university, University of Ibadan (UI) won Zain quiz competition for African Universities. Kenyatta University (in Kenya) came second and University of Lagos came third.

Looks like there is still hope for Nigerian education.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Dclique(m): 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2009
My brother there is still hope.
Hope this will show our leaders that the way we address issues concerning education isn't good. Even with those student being out of school for months,they were still able to emerge as the best school in africa academically. Am proud.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by oreoluwa(f): 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2009
OMG! i was DEF proud of dem,

Those Kenya boizzz was fillin smart 4rm s start bt guess we were beta!!! grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Tare1(f): 9:47am On Sep 04, 2009
i watched the final live and i was very scared but to be sincere am very proud of U.I they prove themselves
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by ayomifull(f): 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2009
Now this is a good one coming from Nigeria, kudos to the guys.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by djpalapala(m): 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2009
To start with, the competiton was well organized and very highly intellectual. All the schools did very well I must say. But a winner must emerge and I was so proud seeing a University from Nigeria emerge tops. The irony of the whole thing now is that the so called people we have in government will start taking the glory for the hard work this young Nigerians went out there to do. Rather than sit down to actually take responsibility for the mess in the educational sector and find a way forward.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2009
I am so proud to be a UIte! greatest of the greatest universities!!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Dclique(m): 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2009
Once again, congrats to U.I.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by gongoaso1: 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2009
so happy for them.
watched most episodes and i can testify about the robust quality of the programme
kudos to UI in fact lets sing along with them,
we are the most incredible, outta naija, straight from naija, 2face/nyc  grin cheesy grin tongue
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by allboyz(m): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2009
im proud to be a Nigerian grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by exotica(m): 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2009
Guys,

You have all spoken well. But, if I may ask, what was the academic competition all about?
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by ObamaUS: 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2009
NIGERIA WILL FLUORISH AGAIN, Can anything good come out of nigeria?YES, COME AND SEE,

A day is coming when the nations of the earth will be dying to get the NIGERIAN VISA, I BELIEVE
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by chosen04(f): 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2009
djpalapala:

To start with, the competiton was well organized and very highly intellectual. All the schools did very well I must say. But a winner must emerge and I was so proud seeing a University from Nigeria emerge tops

AM PROUD OF THEM TOO. WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF OUR SCHOOLS ARE WELL FUNDED WITHOUT STRIKES??

"nIGERIANS" WILL DEFINETLY BE MAKING WAVES ALL OVER.

Note:- my nIGERIAN started with "small letter" cos i dont believe in its existence.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by chosen04(f): 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2009
ObamaUS:

NIGERIA WILL FLUORISH AGAIN, Can anything good come out of nigeria?YES, COME AND SEE,

A day is coming when the nations of the earth will be dying to get the NIGERIAN VISA, I BELIEVE

@Obamaus, nIGERIAN CORRUPTION YOU MEAN?? smiley
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by gongoaso1: 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2009
exotica:

Guys,

You have all spoken well. But, if I may ask, what was the academic competition all about?

It was a kinda intellectual game where the students representing the schools participating answer a series of quick witted questions from the moderator ranging from politics, sports, education, geography, history and many more.
Points are acquired and the school with the least point is eliminated after each round.
The moderator did a good job too, I must say.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2009
I watched most of the Zain competition and I must say those guys from UI are gurus! Smart guys. . . I knew they were gonna win!

Anyways, quality of Nigerian students is very high, even abroad, Nigerians emerge as one of the best. . . Due to lack of facilities, our educational system is not highly rated, that shows how lame our government is! A country of intellectuals. . . Nigeria never had any sensible president except those Cows. . .

UI- Well done! smiley
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by chosen04(f): 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2009
exotica:

Guys,

GOOD QUESTION, BUT IT WILL BE BETTER IF U SHOULD ASK ZAIN!
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by mystikal(m): 7:03pm On Sep 04, 2009
oh, thats nice. I caught the programme briefly on AIT once, and I was quite impressed with the standard

We Nigerians are very smart people, don't get it twisted.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by chosen04(f): 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2009
mystikal:

oh, thats nice. I caught the programme briefly on AIT once, and I was quite impressed with the standard

We Nigerians are very smart people, don't get it twisted.

YES, "WE ARE CORRUPTLY SMART PEOPLE" abi ?? I got it STRIGHT NOT TWISTED
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by AndreUweh(m): 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2009
Greatest of the greatest UI. Greattttttttttttttttttt!. Am so proud of Unibadan and Tedder Hall.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Pelummy(f): 7:46pm On Sep 04, 2009
u guyz ar just 1daful,greattttttttttt UITE
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by iniguy(m): 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2009
I followed the competition right from the beginning, kudos to unibadan for making us proud, kudos to zain, kudos to the moderator, i was impressed by the quality of the moderator, finally shame on our incompetent leaders!
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by sley4life(m): 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2009
kip it up
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Ndipe(m): 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2009
Encouraging!
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by hammer07: 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2009
Greatest UIites!!!!!! (and Bello Hall cool
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by Remii(m): 10:52pm On Sep 04, 2009
Congratulations to UI, particularly the contestants. This again shows that Nigeria is full of high quality potentials and if given good leadership, limit is unimaginable. God help Nigeria.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by prudentcy(m): 11:23pm On Sep 04, 2009
MY KUDOS 2 UI AND UNILAG, WE ARE PROUD OF YOU, lol
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by trekkie: 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2009
greatest uites!
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by toluh(f): 12:28am On Sep 05, 2009
i knew does guys where going to win,wow they are GREAT.weldone guys.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by franklampard082(m): 12:41am On Sep 05, 2009
Keep up the good work and shame all those people that see Nigerian as scam artists & ritualists. But were they given an area of concentration or maybe a handout to read before the competition? Cuz the answers were coming out too fast.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by jesuseun1(m): 4:58am On Sep 05, 2009
I am proud to be a nigerian. I hav always been telling pple that Nigeria will be the desire of pple to live in.My wife and I watched d finals.as ex UI STUDENT ,she has to be praying for those guys to win,which dey did,she was extremely happy.

and this is happening at the right time,Now i think this feat should challenge our govt to give ASUN what they wanted.Now all of them are proud to receive the trophy.

Nigeria is just too blessed.
Re: University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities by djpalapala(m): 10:09am On Sep 05, 2009
chosen04:

YES, "WE ARE CORRUPTLY SMART PEOPLE" abi ?? I got it STRIGHT NOT TWISTED

An average Nigerian is not corrupt minded when you actually get down to the basics. But when a man is battered by situations and circumstances like we have in Nigeria then his story becomes like that of a goat that has been pressed to the wall. If only the source of the Nigerian Malaise can be treated then natural order of things will gradually return to Nigeria. The student of UI have proved once again that Nigeria is blessed with talents in all endeavours but what we seriously lack is adequate and proper managers (Leaders). God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwara State Poly H.n.d Form Is Out. / Pls, Need Mre Hints Abt Delta University College Ghana / Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.