Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror (2344 Views)

Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US / David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU / UK Votes To Leave The European Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by crownprince102: 5:39am On Jun 24, 2016
Britain wakes up a Disunited Kingdom today after Tory Brexiters and Labour heartlands in the north and Wales tipped the nation to Brexit.
A Labour source called for David Cameron to consider his position after Leavers triumphed on 72% turnout in a night of drama.
Supposed Remain areas - from Birmingham to Sheffield to Swansea - tipped in favour of Brexit while turnout collapsed to 56% in the heartland of Glasgow.
The pound plunged to its lowest level since 1985as jubilant Nigel Farage faced outrage for saying Brexit had been achieved "without a single bullet being fired"- a week after Labour MP Jo Cox was shot dead.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/eu-referendum-results-live-brexit-8262829

seun, lalasticlala,
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 24, 2016
Change is always constant...Nigeria should vote to leave African Union...and so we continue grin
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by bolaino(m): 5:47am On Jun 24, 2016
delivite:
Change is always constant...Nigeria should vote to leave African Union...and so we continue grin
mr Genius, why would Nigeria vote to leave the African Union?

1 Like

Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Fanyogoyogo: 5:48am On Jun 24, 2016
delivite:

Nigeria should vote to separate.
What has Nigeria done for AU? Abeg jor

1 Like

Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by jimharry21(m): 5:55am On Jun 24, 2016
Guess people will criticize and blame PMB for this as well? Britain destroyed Nigeria and massacred Biafrans! Nemesis is gradually catching up with them. Russian will show them pepper!

1 Like

Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Fanyogoyogo: 5:58am On Jun 24, 2016
jimharry21:
Guess people will criticize and blame PMB for this as well? Britain destroyed Nigeria and massacred Biafrans! Nemesis is gradually catching up with them. Russian will show them pepper!

Go cure your ignorance please. This ain't the place or time to type like a local champion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by sainty2k3(m): 6:03am On Jun 24, 2016
all the best to them. I knew they will all toll this path the day the Queen spoke in favour of Brexit
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Trapping(m): 6:04am On Jun 24, 2016
Good! Bia... loading... very soon e go happen!
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 24, 2016
bolaino:
mr Genius, why would Nigeria vote to leave the African Union?

You people always getting hot under the collar...read well before you start typing na...

1 Like

Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 24, 2016
I need someone to open a thread that highlights the advantage and disadvantage of this bre-exit.
I know the UK's economy is going to take a major hit but is there anyway Nigeria can quickly take advantage of their economy collapse? I dont even know why people ITT (in this thread) are talking about biafra and AU. Nigerians and small mindedness.
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by IstandWitBuhari: 6:17am On Jun 24, 2016
With EU exit the Uk economy will wax stronger
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by crownprince102: 6:20am On Jun 24, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:
With EU exit the Uk economy will wax stronger
May be later later...... Not now sha.

Their economy will suffer the worst recession in history.

It's only a matter of Ego, they are not just comfortable with Germany's dominance.

1 Like

Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Trapping(m): 6:21am On Jun 24, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:
I need someone to open a thread that highlights the advantage and disadvantage of this bre-exit.
I know the UK's economy is going to take a major hit but is there anyway Nigeria can quickly take advantage of their economy collapse? I dont even know why people ITT (in this thread) are talking about biafra and AU. Nigerians and small mindedness.

We are hoping that the new government that will be ushered in will be a government of progressives, with the likes of Nigel Farage, and they've clearly stated that they will give Africa back its inheritance. In order words, they are not interested in any form of neocolonialism as we are presently witnessing in Africa and this is the reason IPOB has been praying for Brexit. Not saying that it has anything to do with Biafra, don't get me wrong, we are only expressing the hope that as they promised, they will not continue the oppressive regime Britain has been implementing throughout Africa.

So if IPOB holds her protest again in London, perhaps 10 Downing Street will support our independence, as enshrined in the UN charter of self determination. Just as we are hoping also that Trump will have such disposition.

5 Likes

Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Trapping(m): 6:22am On Jun 24, 2016
crownprince102:

May be later later...... Not now sha.
Their economy will suffer the worst recession in history.
It's only a matter of Ego, they are not just comfortable with Germany's dominance.

Trash! UK has no business in EU. Ab-initio

2 Likes

Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by crownprince102: 6:26am On Jun 24, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:
Nigeria tend to benefit a lot...... Only if the people in power act intellectually.

As a Sport person, the first real benefit is that the EPL will loose it value and their will be less demand from outside the Shores of Uk.

Investors will run away, which will give chance to a little rise in the local league........ If LMC act sensibly enough ooo.
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by crownprince102: 6:31am On Jun 24, 2016
Trapping:

Trash! UK has no business in EU. Ab-initio
We will both see very soon......

Just wait and see how investors will run away from the country.

Wait and see how the EPL will loose it value and financial might and the Pound falls.

Wait and see how no free trade in EU zone will hurt them badly.

Wait and see how their will be massive tax increase, even for footballers who already pay 45%.

Just wait and see..... We will by then know who is speaking trash.
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by xelly: 6:31am On Jun 24, 2016
I hope Nigeria is learning? This is something that should have been done in the case of Biafra instead of incarcerating Kanu that has attracted so much sympathy for Biafra. If a vote for #Biaexit is conducted today, it will be 90% leave than before that it would be so. 90% leave with all the treatments mated upon the region by Buhari. Do you now agree that Buhari is a tribal bigot? Well, count your teeth with your tongue.

7 Likes

Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 24, 2016
That is normal. it would stabilize again. The Euro also fell by some percentage.
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Adminisher: 6:33am On Jun 24, 2016
jimharry21:

What a very IGNORANT post?. Do you even know the issues here?
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Mynd44: 6:36am On Jun 24, 2016
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by crownprince102: 6:36am On Jun 24, 2016
Trapping:

We are hoping that the new government that will be ushered in will be a government of progressives, with the likes of Nigel Farage, and they've clearly stated that they will give Africa back its inheritance. In order words, they are not interested in any form of neocolonialism as we are presently witnessing in Africa and this is the reason IPOB has been praying for Brexit. Not saying that it has anything to do with Biafra, don't get me wrong, we are only expressing the hope that as they promised, they will not continue the oppressive regime Britain has been implementing throughout Africa.

So if IPOB holds her protest again in London, perhaps 10 Downing Street will support our independence, as enshrined in the UN charter of self determination. Just as we are hoping also that Trump will have such disposition.
Hehehehehehehe....

So you believe the words of these people?

Brexit is led by David Cameroun who has contributed immensely to Neo-collonialism.

Biafra might be easier if UK vote otherwise as Chuka Umunna will gain more ground and might fight for you guys.

But now.... Chuka has lost the people's support as brexit triumph
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 24, 2016
crownprince102:

We will both see very soon......

Just wait and see how investors will run away from the country.

Wait and see how the EPL will loose it value and financial might and the Pound falls.

Wait and see how no free trade in EU zone will hurt them badly.

Wait and see how their will be massive tax increase, even for footballers who already pay 45%.

Just wait and see..... We will by then know who is speaking trash.
nothing is going to happen. UK had one of the strongest economy in Europe before joing the EU. It would still have one of the strongest after the exit. They never used the Euro currency anyway as it was not as strong as the pound stirling.
Investors would come in. The uk market is not one to be ignored. The biggest banks in the world are british banks and have remained so before the EU. Manufacturing companies would spring up again like in the past.
Aspa the no free trade .... commonwealth countries would fill in the gap.
The EPL had always been strong before EU and would still remain strong. The strenght of an economy is not determined by rich footballers.lol

1 Like

Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by ochukoccna: 6:48am On Jun 24, 2016
Good for them undecided undecided
Great news for Scottish independence grin grin cos Scotland will demand a new referendum which the SNP will WIN wink
Pompous Brits will now find out that they are an 'also ran' nation who believed Brexit will BRING BACK great British empire whose sun never set embarassed embarassed
The world may have ONCE revolved round Britain but that was eons ago
Britain is well managed but they should face it that the once great power is not coming back
Also Dodgy Dave Cameron legacy will be the Prime Minister who broke up 2 unions

1 Like

Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by bolaino(m): 6:55am On Jun 24, 2016
delivite:

You people always getting hot under the collar...read well before you start typing na...
my Apologies
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Gbawe: 6:56am On Jun 24, 2016
Trapping:

Nigel Farage a "progressive"? What is with you IPOBians and your readiness to call the devil a saint if such benefit your clamour for secession? You must link every single thing to Biafra with a total insensitivity for appreciating what is best for others. As usual it is the scaremongering talk of 'neo-colonialism' when it is obvious you don't know what you are talking about viewing Farage as a benevolent entity. The anti-immigration sentiments that prompted Britain's exit from the EU not a good thing because it is coming at a time when the world is eschewing liberalism and the notion of supporting the less fortunate in favour of a 'me, myself and I' protectionist approach which will harm us all in the end.

With lunatics like Trump becoming more popular and racists Parties in Europe seeing an upsurge in their fortune, I will see how this benefits your clamour for Biafra since you don't understand that you are black and a racist will never consider your wellbeing his priority. He may broadly support your agitation because he is small-minded, protectionist, extremely territorial and driven by a desire to exist with his "own kind" but you will get no long term benefit from racist and protectionist government as their core view is that "my wahala na my wahala and your wahala na your wahala". Their broad mindset, which is very wrong, is that "others cause our problem and we would thrive if we cut them off". Similar to the view you IPOBians have of other Nigerians.

You all deserve each other anyway so let us see what the world will look like in ten years with the rise in popularity of 'misanthrope' leaders who are encouraging us to hate/distrust each other and make racists/discriminatory distinctions everyday like Donald Trump who advocates the dismissal and exclusion from America of anyone who does not share his parochial view of what 'Americaness' should be.

2 Likes

Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 24, 2016
As we celebrate Brexit, we must also consider if we need a referendum in this country. In all fairness, those who gave the President 97% support and those who gave him 5% support are totally treated differently.

Natural justice demands that we conduct a Brexit type referendum.

In peace, not in war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by crownprince102: 7:36am On Jun 24, 2016
Billyonaire:
As we celebrate Brexit, we must also consider if we need a referendum in this country. In all fairness, those who gave the President 97% support and those who gave him 5% support are totally treated differently.

Natural justice demands that we conduct a Brexit type referendum.

In peace, not in war.
Will Biafrans go back home for Referendum?

You guys are scattered like a tattered kite through out the west.

Are all Igbos in Lagos ready to move back. That is the first condition for referendum.
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by abumeinben(m): 7:45am On Jun 24, 2016
Are they dissolving Commonwealth as well?
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 24, 2016
crownprince102:

Will Biafrans go back home for Referendum?

You guys are scattered like a tattered kite through out the west.

Are all Igbos in Lagos ready to move back. That is the first condition for referendum.
Actually, I didnt mention tribe, I am at the moment, not a tribalist, Because I am way too intelligent to reason on tribal lines at the moment. I do not think Biafra as a country, was ever an Igbo affair as I learn from the scant history. It might help if you can read a little about it on the internet.

By the way, any foreigner in Nigeria will require VISA and residence permit to be in Nigeria, and I guarantee that Nigeria needs foreigners. If Biafrans pull out their resources from Nigeria, dont you think the Economy will collapse further ?
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by obailala(m): 8:03am On Jun 24, 2016
Ekwensu eromancia mamiwata! shocked shocked grin

Now there has to be a referendum in Nigeria for a return to regionalism.
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by crownprince102: 8:15am On Jun 24, 2016
Billyonaire:
Actually, I didnt mention tribe, I am at the moment, not a tribalist, Because I am way too intelligent to reason on tribal lines at the moment. I do not think Biafra as a country, was ever an Igbo affair as I learn from the scant history. It might help if you can read a little about it on the internet.

By the way, any foreigner in Nigeria will require VISA and residence permit to be in Nigeria, and I guarantee that Nigeria needs foreigners. If Biafrans pull out their resources from Nigeria, dont you think the Economy will collapse further ?
This is not an avenue to fool anyone. Only a gullible fellow won't realise what your comment depict. So, are you asking for Referendum for Arewa Republic? You guys never fails to amaze one.

"Our Oyel"..... Exactly where the problem started. We are inside this shit today because of this thing you call oyel. We fail to invest in key areas because of corruption the bemounted the oyel.

I guess it is time they go with their oyel and let them use it for their own benefit. It surely belongs to them.

Before oil, the west has being the heart of the country's economic. Even when the country's capital was taken away from us, we never seize to be and till date we still remain the economic heart.

If Oyel goes..... We have Minning, Steel, Agriculture, Aquaculture, Tourism, Industrialization to bank on..... Last are check, Lagos and Ondo are oil producing state.

So let the referendum come through peace and not war, I hope your people gladly accept it.
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by crownprince102: 8:17am On Jun 24, 2016
obailala:
Ekwensu eromancia mamiwata! shocked shocked grin

Now there has to be a referendum in Nigeria for a return to regionalism.
Complete Seccession will be better....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n / Melania Trump Poses With The First Granny Of France / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.