Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror (2350 Views)

Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US / David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU / UK Votes To Leave The European Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by obailala(m): 8:28am On Jun 24, 2016
crownprince102:

Complete Seccession will be better....
Full secession comes with an incredible lot of baggages and is totally not a good idea at all in this day and age. Forget all the emotions running high all because some people hate the current leadership, outright secession would most likely spell a major doom and certainly lead to chaos especially on the seceeding side.

A proper federal system is all we need.
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by crownprince102: 8:36am On Jun 24, 2016
obailala:
Full secession comes with an incredible lot of baggages and is totally not a good idea at all in this day and age. Forget all the emotions running high all because some people hate the current leadership, outright secession would most likely spell a major doom and certainly lead to chaos especially on the seceeding side.

A proper federal system is all we need.
the Igbo.es shout Biafra with passion.... They say the voice of The people is the voice of God.

Let them go with dream nation. Everyone going on his way is quite better.

I dont think our leaders have the IQ to rule a population of 180 million people.
Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 24, 2016
crownprince102:

This is not an avenue to fool anyone. Only a gullible fellow won't realise what your comment depict. So, are you asking for Referendum for Arewa Republic? You guys never fails to amaze one.

"Our Oyel"..... Exactly where the problem started. We are inside this shit today because of this thing you call oyel. We fail to invest in key areas because of corruption the bemounted the oyel.

I guess it is time they go with their oyel and let them use it for their own benefit. It surely belongs to them.

Before oil, the west has being the heart of the country's economic. Even when the country's capital was taken away from us, we never seize to be and till date we still remain the economic heart.

If Oyel goes..... We have Minning, Steel, Agriculture, Aquaculture, Tourism, Industrialization to bank on..... Last are check, Lagos and Ondo are oil producing state.

So let the referendum come through peace and not war, I hope your people gladly accept it.

My good friend. I think from my experience that the Northerners are the most sincere people in business in the country and I know that their potentials are diminished by the few oil oligarchs amongst them. If the North was to be a separate country. They will be more prosperous than the rest of us. They dont hate each other as much as we do hate ourselves down here and they do not cheat in business. Ignore that Boko haram nonsense that is powered by poverty and fueled by foreign religion and politics. An average Northerner is your best friend until we corrupt them. There is marginalization of the SE/SS but largely we are hopeful that we can have a common uniting factor. Whatever you think...I am a universal human and I believe nature didnt create countries..so if we chose to have countries then every peoples have the right to seek independent existence.

Let there peace..in the end we will all die and be forgotten.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brexit: UK Vote To Leave EU...... As The Pound Fell Record Low - Mirror by Gbawe: 10:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
ochukoccna:
Good for them undecided undecided
Great news for Scottish independence grin grin cos Scotland will demand a new referendum which the SNP will WIN wink
Pompous Brits will now find out that they are an 'also ran' nation who believed Brexit will BRING BACK great British empire whose sun never set embarassed embarassed
The world may have ONCE revolved round Britain but that was eons ago
Britain is well managed but they should face it that the once great power is not coming back
Also Dodgy Dave Cameron legacy will be the Prime Minister who broke up 2 unions

I have to agree with you here but I will be glad to be proven wrong. I think it will be obvious to Britons soon that they have damaged trade with others immensely and created a paradigm shift in thinking whereby other European nations, because of her past, always overlooked the UK's limitation to view Britain as a noble and great nation within the EU. I think there is a lot of hype about the UK's real economic ability and potentials. Now others will take stock and begin dealing dispassionately with the UK similar to how divorced couples deal with each other. Others will begin to consider pragmatically what they really want from a UK outside the EU they cannot get elsewhere cheaper or more beneficially- be it goods or services. The leave crew voted to make the UK more independent without understanding that this would also make her less competitive and less of a free market while placing a burden on the nation to be more self-sufficient.

The UK will have to be less dependent on others and I think the leave voters have grossly over-estimated the ability and capacity of their Country to achieve this and still remain prosperous. Life would become considerably more expensive delivering an opposite effect to what people expected and voted for. Switzerland is an example of a well-run 'independent' nation that is terribly expensive partly because of her non-EU status but the Country and her people do okay because of a relatively small population (8.2 million) which is not the case for the UK.

The argument of Britain always having an independent and strong currency, i.e the pounds sterling rather than the Euro, holds no water as currencies are really an exponent of a nation's ability to trade and how strong/productive her economy is. The pound, from a position of strength that saw it viewed as one of the world's strongest currency, could literally become worth far less as many examples, like Zimbabwe, have shown us.

I personally think Britons will quickly realise that immigrants are not the problem. The main problem is a fixation with past glory , while doing not much to consolidate upon that past 'greatness', which leads a people to believe ignorantly that immigrants are the problem and that
once a more 'independent' UK curbed their entry into the Island then everything will be great. I think Britain's membership of the EU hid a lot of the Country's flaws and gave her a status she does not necessarily deserve. Interesting times ahead anyway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Earthquake Off Indonesia Triggers Tsunami Alert / PHOTOS: The Beautiful Pictures Of Kenya's Westgate Shopping Mall Before Terroris / 17 Photos That Show The American Military’s Water-survival Training Is No Joke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.