Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected (44256 Views)

Unbiased Observations From The Opening Weekend Of The EPL. / My Predictions For The Epl/La liga/Ucl 2016/2017 Season / THE EPL FANZONE (thread For All Epl Fans, Haters And Immigrants) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by mrtantalizers(m): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
jjhf
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by utytill(m): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
Pound will nosedive.why not dollar?
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by Alexk2(m): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
All I've been reading and hearing about this brexit since morning are all speculations and more speculations..

As far as I'm concerned, the effect on EPL won't be much felt and generally, Britain will still remain strong.
Btw., I feel for David Cameron; he is the real State man.
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by mubarak001(m): 8:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
Let's start by asking this question...wt is Brexit? Using the style of piggybank to explain panama stuff.

Brexit...Britain Exit!
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by thaoriginator: 8:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
[size=15pt]I don't understand! I just wanna make this god damn money that's all.[/size] undecided
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by deleib(m): 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
I Think The British People Are Somewhat Stingy. The Only Premise They Want To Leave The EU is because of the issue of immigration. they have 4gotn dat d british is majorly bgn developd by non-british ppl. hope dis vote doesnt bkfire later on

1 Like

Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by edudguy(m): 8:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
As far as say DSTV go still dey collect high subscription the thing no go concern me
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by neocortex: 8:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
grandstar:
The Brexit was the daftest move Britain has made in decades.

It was simply a vote against immigration and nothing else.

U.K is awash with E.U migrants.

These migrants, up to 3m, are a hardworking lot and do steal jobs from the lazy British kids who take their opportunity for granted.

Truth is that there are enough jobs to go round.

The Brexit will discourage foriegn investment into the U.K.

But a weaker pound may boost manufacturing exports, a sector in which the Brits don't shine much. Their strength is in International finance.

For the Brits to do well from a Brexit, they may need to bribe companies through taX cuts and other breaks.

You don't qualify to say that since you are not a briton,
Britain will surely lose in many fronts but it is their choice
so they solely will bear the consequence.
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
pls how will Nigeria be affected? tomato price change? local economy diversified? abeg every man with his cross
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by Ifeconwaba(m): 8:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
THIS IS BAD FOR THE PREMIER LEAGUE. OVER BRAIN NO DEE GOOD AT ALL,
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by simiolu1(m): 8:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
grandstar:

These migrants, up to 3m, are a hardworking lot and do steal jobs from the lazy British kids who take their opportunity for granted.

But a weaker pound may boost manufacturing exports, a sector in which the Brits don't shine much. Their strength is in International finance.

For the Brits to do well from a Brexit, they may need to bribe companies through taX cuts and other breaks.

Thank you for this! I wish I could give you 1 million likes. The people voted pro brexit because of sentiments whipped up against immigrants. The truth is Britain is even lucky; at least E.U immigrants still have skills, work and pay taxes. What should a nation like Turkey that houses millions of refugees who aren't able to work or contribute to the economy say? The New Political Party is doing what Donald Trump is doing in the U.S to score cheap political points and gain popularity--promising jobs for the (sometimes lazy) indigenes whose jobs have been 'snatched' by immigrants' and also stiffer penalties for unlawful immigrants.

For the manufacturing, it's a fact that at least 50%of Britain's export is consumed by EU countries. Leaving the EU might bring barriers to trade such that other EU countries might source the goods bought from the British amongst other EU countries. So the pendulum might just swing either side.

However, only time will tell how Britain would survive this because there are already rumours that Scotland may call for a referendum soon to decide if they should stay with Britain or join the E.U.

6 Likes

Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
Let's Watch and see cus mere write-up can't convince me
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by amakenny: 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
English Premier Football League shall merge with Nigeria's Premiere Football League.

It has been decided in highest quarters, once Britain leaves the European Union, Britain shall develop new and stronger ties with Commonwealth countries, especially Nigeria.

Britain's exist from EU is going to make Nigeria rich. If you call mew zombie, na your girlfriend/boyfriend, husband/wife you de insult.
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by slam7000(m): 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
mysticgal:
I really can't understand this documentary, please help!

Or is it that that Britain is doomed, one way or the other, I can't fit understand angry

You can't understand what?? shocked shocked angry angry

I've been hoping to patronise and make you my solicitor once you are out of law school !!

Ibini ukpabi...this girl don kill me. I'm phucked. Imagine coming to your chamber abi na practice with complicated and lengthy court summon to explain and pull me out of wahala?

What will be your answer?
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by SamMilla1(m): 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
grandstar:

Like you said, it's simply a vote to close English Channel.

1 Like

Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by solidman59(m): 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by mysticgal(f): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2016
slam7000:

You can't understand what?? shocked shocked angry angry

I've been hoping to patronise and make you my solicitor once you are out of law school !!

Ibini ukpabi...this girl don kill me. I'm phucked. Imagine coming to your chamber abi na practice with complicated and lengthy court summon to explain and pull me out of wahala?

What will be your answer?
Guy chill, you just can't leave me like that angry ah ah, after everything.
See all I was just trying to do was understand if Brexit meant end time as I was trying to digest how Nigeria is really funked right now and now premier league would also be fvcked.... So in other words, am just using sense to calculate how much topping I go add for your fee. undecided things are pretty hard now as you can see wink

1 Like

Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by Cuteamigo1(m): 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
why isn't anyone giving an analysis that talks about both sides of the coin. Britain exited eu because they realized they were giving more than they were getting which for me I think it's smart. think of it as Lagos living Nigeria ( I hope they don't lol) who would blame them giving the fact that they put more into the federation account than they receive when it's tym to share.
those who voted for stay were those who were young and enjoyed the partying and travel across eu countries while those who voted out where the elderly which consisted mostly of the farmers and business men who could not rise to their full potentials giving the eu regulations.

3 Likes

Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by simiolu1(m): 8:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
Cuteamigo1:
why isn't anyone giving an analysis that talks about both sides of the coin. Britain exited eu because they realized they were giving more than they were getting which for me I think it's smart. think of it as Lagos living Nigeria ( I hope they don't lol) who would blame them giving the fact that they put more into the federation account than they receive when it's tym to share.
those who voted for stay were those who were young and enjoyed the partying and travel across eu countries while those who voted out where the elderly which consisted mostly of the farmers and business men who could not rise to their full potentials giving the eu regulations.

They didn't realise they were giving more than they were getting... They THOUGHT they were giving more than they were getting. There's a BIG difference between the two
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by seyoops4u: 8:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
IamMissMarvel:
Brexit Brexit Brexit, we haff hear.

Lol... I can feel ur pain .

U mk me remembered those days in school when u re to stay for 2hrs boring but compulsory 3units course.

Peleee....
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by seyoops4u: 9:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
Is there any way we can make money froM this Brexit....abi
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by realnas(m): 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
With the brexit ,epl clubs wil hv no choice but to abandon their policy of recruiting foreign talent at the expense of local talent young british players stand a better chance of landin a professinal contract with a top flight club in the epl on the other hand a weak pound wil discourage world class players from outside britain frm. Comin to britain to pl their trade hence waterin down the quality of the epl
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
simiolu1:

They didn't realise they were giving more than they were getting... They THOUGHT they were giving more than they were getting. There's a BIG difference between the two
numbers don't lie bro. go ahead and educate us better. from intelligence, to donations to the eu, jobs and migrants it's all the same story. av been following it for a longtime so I know what am saying.
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by Srallens(m): 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
DesChyko:
From the business point of view, they will be affected. But in as much as the league goes on as expected, they won't be affected much. If clubs like Monaco, Galatasaray, Shaktar Donetsk etc can rise to prominence periodically, despite not being in top leagues and not being EU members, I see no reason why the EPL will fall overnight.
. But the clubs you mentioned are owned bt European nations. Or don't u understand wat Brexit means?
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
grandstar:

Noted
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by theoneJabulani(m): 9:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
solidman59:
All you have been trying to say is that money value has reduced. Full stop.
Leave the long story
Nigerians sha. always too lazy, even to read na problem
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by itzmejerry(m): 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
Idonbilivit ---- hit like if you think this brexit is not our business
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by primus101(f): 9:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
I was only able to notice the devaluation of Pounds. That's the only thing that would majorly affect Britian and maybe withdrawal of foreign investments

1 Like

Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by wristbangle: 9:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
mysticgal:
I really can't understand this documentary, please help!

Or is it that that Britain is doomed, one way or the other, I can't fit understand angry

Well their decision will result to depreciation in their currency, slow economic growth which is affect all arms of their business but they feel it will aid security balance and reduced unemployment rate.
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by mysticgal(f): 9:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
wristbangle:

Well their decision will result to depreciation in their currency, slow economic growth which is affect all arms of their business but they feel it will aid security balance and reduced unemployment rate.
Thank you for explaining it to me jare kiss
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by meforyou1(m): 9:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
All these are small. I want uefa to ban them from participating in all uefa competitions

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Madrid Wins 2021/2022 UEFA Champions League Trophy (Pictures) / Barclays English Premier League's 2017/2018 Fixtures Released / Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Manchester United: FA Cup (2 - 1) On 16th March 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.