Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,967 members, 7,799,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday (19858 Views)

Gov. Ibikunle Amosun And Godwin Emefiele Lead Stakeholders To Unveil Unilever / Buhari's Affordable Housing Schemes Will Turn Tenants To Home Owners - Shehu / Text Of Speech By Adeosun On Linking Capital Markets With Affordable Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by DONSMITH123(m): 4:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
The Federal Government will on Monday unveil its plans towards the provision of affordable houses for Nigerians in line with the electoral promises of the ruling All Progressives Congress.

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, will make the plan public on behalf of the government at the Affordable Housing Summit 2016 being put together by the ministry in partnership with German Development Cooperation.

A member of the summit’s Technical Working Group, Mrs. Eucharia Alozie, disclosed this to journalists in Abuja.

Alozie who is the ministry’s Head of Public Private Partnership Unit was joined at the briefing by the Principal Consultant of Value Chain Project Consultants Limited, Dr. Joshua Egbagbe and the Leader of the Value Chain Unit of GIZ, Mr. Christoph Pannhausen.

“The minister will be unveiling the Federal Government housing plan to the public during the summit. We will also produce blueprint that will be implemented very soon,” she said.

She explained that the summit would serve as a platform where the public and private sectors would share ideas and proffer sustainable strategic framework for housing delivery in Nigeria.

She said the ministry would use the opportunity of the summit to identify the challenges facing the sector and proffer solutions.

According to her, the summit was different from an earlier one where a housing roadmap was launched.

Alozie assured Nigerians that the event would not be talk shop but more of action.

She said the summit would address the five pillars on which affordable housing stood.

The pillars, according to her, are land‎; incentive and concession; off-takers strategy; housing finance; skill development and technology.

Also speaking, Pannhausen said the summit would come up with a blueprint that would be implemented in the subsequent months and years.

He said the affordable housing would be placed more on the door steps of the private sector ‎who understand the market and how to invest in it.

http://www.punchng.com/fg-unveil-plan-affordable-housing-monday/

1 Share

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by OsusuMustFlow(f): 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nice one. The Minister of Darkness

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by dondo83(m): 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
ok
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by DONSMITH123(m): 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
haba lipsrsealed

OsusuMustFlow:
Nice one. The Minister of Darkness

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Taeewo(m): 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
we hear
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Grendel(m): 4:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
if only we can be patient enough to give this Government to prove their worth..

they mean well for us.

four years is not an eternity
wink wink wink wink wink

27 Likes

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by temitemi1(m): 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
Our minister of DARKNESS grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by ammyluv2002(f): 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
Amen ooo! I pray this will happen very soon cry cry
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
I believe Fashola will deliver on this one like he did with the beautiful estate LA we can find littered across Lagos State.

Below are a few of them

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/548860_3_jpg799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9[/img]

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/645700_3_jpg799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9[/img]

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/1566078_img_758237143634890_jpeg_jpeg194d098e7ac5ece5f5eb6106e036d2df[/img]

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/579854_6_jpg18e2999891374a475d0687ca9f989d83[/img]

To all those iPob youths calling him Minister of darkness, keep it up. And make sure you applaud NDA today like you always do when they blow up gas pipelines.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked

What PDP could not do in 16+ years cry

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by chivic(m): 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
Keneking:
lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked

What PDP could not do in 16+ years cry

that's not true my brother,i applied for the one they did 2 yrs ago and was even offered the mortgage plan,but I declined.Google and find out.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by lokoloko84(m): 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
Rubbish!Sometimes when you look at the way Nigerians think,then you will realise why this country is in this present state. Coming up with jargons and making governance look like an industrial complex.
The first step is to make sure that the key materials used in building houses such as cement and roofing sheets are cheap for a start.Nigerians pay the highest amount for a bag of cement in the world and you wonder,why People live in slums and uncompleted houses.An average Nigerian will prefer to live in his own house whether completed or not and built with his own money.
The next step is reduce tarrif on other materials used in construction and as we do this,then we give incentives to manufactures for local manufacturing of building materials for affordability,employment generation and a source of revenue for the government.
Various government should stop building useless bungalows but high rising buildings with block of flats to accommodate the poor and those who are low income earners at a cheap rentage price which will accommodate more persons per one hectare of land.
Housing should be seen as an industry on its own and must contribute a chunk to the GDP of a country together with making our environment looking more beautiful and the citizens living decent lives.
What about the use of clay which is abound in making bricks instead of the current block making?All these will bring down the cost of construction and it will be better for everyone.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Akshow: 6:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
Wailers and Ipods won't like this o grin

3 Likes

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Zico5(m): 6:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
It seems there is no aorta of sanity in those calling fashola minister of darkness. U want progress and development but u are in support of those bombing the major gas installation. I wonder where some get this kind of brain from. I don't blame them though, that is to show how ipad/ipod brain works

5 Likes

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by TeamSimple(m): 6:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
Kudos to the federal government.
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Akshow: 6:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
lokoloko84:
Rubbish!Sometimes when you look at the way Nigerians think,then you will realise why this country is in this present state. Coming up with jargons and making governance look like an industrial complex.
The first step is to make sure that the key materials used in building houses such as cement and roofing sheets are cheap for a start.Nigerians pay the highest amount for a bag of cement in the world and you wonder,why People live in slums and uncompleted houses.An average Nigerian will prefer to live in his own house whether completed or not and built with his own money.
The next step is reduce tarrif on other materials used in construction and as we do this,then we give incentives to manufactures for local manufacturing of building materials for affordability,employment generation and a source of revenue for the government.
Various government should stop building useless bungalows but high rising buildings with block of flats to accommodate the poor and those who are low income earners at a cheap rentage price which will accommodate more persons per one hectare of land.
Housing should be seen as an industry on its own and must contribute a chunk to the GDP of a country together with making our environment looking more beautiful and the citizens living decent lives.
What about the use of clay which is abound in making bricks instead of the current block making?All these will bring down the cost of construction and it will be better for everyone.
leave this long tale Mr man. you think the govt hasn't put all this in consideration? Would it kill you if for once u laud the govts effort? Which administration in the past decades even remembered a federal housing scheme?

11 Likes

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Proffdada: 6:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
lokoloko84:

4 Likes

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Strongbest(m): 6:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
Good. I really hope this will be made available to the common man out there who really needs a shelter over his head.

I feel pain seeing people homeless and that's the one reason I'm so much in support of this but if the people who really need it won't benefit from it, I will be disappointed.

www.nairaland.com/1798724/.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by serverconnect(m): 6:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
apc with lies

3 Likes

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Niyinficient(m): 6:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
Be like BRF don dey stir for his new role....since dem make am minister.,,,na sleep him dey sleep....he's abt waking up
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by quincylace(m): 6:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
that's a nice nice from the present govt...... the cost of living these days have sky rocketed even bread sef person no fit buy
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by seguno2: 6:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
Like the ones that ex-governor Fasola made in Lagos.
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by SamMilla1(m): 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
Akshow:
Wailers and Ipods won't like this o grin

Won't like what?

Do you understand that this is not even the plans, it's just the announcement.
Then this is not even the announcement of the plans itself, it is a promise to make the announcement of the plans to unveil.

Check this - promise - announce - plans - unveil.

Implement is still forever away.

7 Likes

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by gabazin080(m): 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
another lie from apshit. like its for the poor

affordable my foot . IFFA EER

3 Likes

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2016

4 Likes

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by Akshow: 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
SamMilla1:

Won't like what?
I'm assuming you are not blind so put ur eye to good use and read the post.
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by larion: 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
Good

Let's see how this goes, we can use our brain.

Why should the internal partitions between toilet and rooms be of blocks, why should the partition between the sitting room and bedroom be made of blocks, cement and sand. Come of it, give it to me with wood, or any other cheaper material.

Let those who studied material science come up with innovations to coat the wood to make it fire poof and let's use it for inner partitions, why should there be partition between kitchen and sitting room or dinning, c'mon....let's go open plan, reduce the number of cement, sand and concretes where not necessary.

Tetra packs (e.g the container of chivita, "fan yogo" and 5alive juice) can be recycled and used to make roofing sheets, its already been done in Brazil, we just need to learn, with this the cost of roofing can easily be dropped from the current 2million plus to less than 1million, another savings, another reduction in our imports (cos currently a good % of roofing materials are imported), and increase in employment, and increase in our GDP all from waste.

Back to the housing matter, the goal is to give the common Nigerian a 2bedroom flat with about 4million naira, dont say ah! Its very possible with critical thinking and remarkable innovations, like from above, you reduce the numbers of cement, by going for wood or other durable partition material, your ceiling and roof comes from waste, flooring and doors can also be gotten from cheaper alternatives, then add innovative design, example the open plan kitchen where the kitchen and visible from the sitting or dinning .

With this model design plans and research into lower cost materials, the govt can now sit back and watch the private sector finance with reasonable mortgage plans.

It all about using our head.

Only if our govt is really willing to move Nigeria forward, but I doubt. They will come up with a plan that is still not affordable for 70% of Nigerians, just watch!

Modified:
Already I see some people showing some houses in Lagos state, damn it! Those houses cost 10million for a 2bedroom, how can a young new family afford that with less than 300k income per month, even after 10years of working.

Now how much will a 3 bedroom cost or a 4 bedroom house not condo style. There's more to it than just building houses or setting up a website for FG mortgage homes, we have to think and not be selfish.

If the FG wants to meet up, then something far more serious than this useless pixs showing progress in Lagos must be done.

To make matters worse, this houses been shown were all bought up by estate agents even before completion who started reselling and renting out at higher prices.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by damton(m): 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
h
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by breakeven: 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
I believe Fashola will deliver on this one like he did with the beautiful estate LA we can find littered across Lagos State.

Below are a few of them

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/548860_3_jpg799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9[/img]

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/645700_3_jpg799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9[/img]

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/1566078_img_758237143634890_jpeg_jpeg194d098e7ac5ece5f5eb6106e036d2df[/img]

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/579854_6_jpg18e2999891374a475d0687ca9f989d83[/img]

Which one concern me with avengers. It is the government I know that have given us darkness instead of light.

To all those iPob youths calling him Minister of darkness, keep it up. And make sure you applaud NDA today like you always do when they blow up gas pipelines.
Which one concern me with avengers. It is the government I know and I believe they are the one denieing us light

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by marketresearch: 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
i hope we can get it right in this country once and for all, you can imagine a country of 160 million with a housing deficit running into millions
Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by utytill(m): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
Oga fash,abeg bone.it no go work.

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday by SamMilla1(m): 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
Akshow:
I'm assuming you are not blind so put ur eye to good use and read the post.

Isn't the post just plans to announce plans.
Not even plans to start anything, they didn't make the announcement, they told us Fashola is planning to announce.
Lmao.

Of course no one should like that unless you are a Zombie.
What we like is not even the plans, we want to see the cheap houses so that poor masses can move to a better place, not plans on newspaper.

Thats what smart people like, not plans to announce

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Despite Your Lies, Nigerians Still Prefer Buhari, Shittu Tells PDP / Insecurity: Senators Demand Sack Of Service Chiefs, Security Agencies Heads.. / House Of Reps Speaks On Alleged Plan To Impeach Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.