Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,471 members, 7,801,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again (9529 Views)

American Rap Artiste, Lil Wayne Is Dead? / D'banj In-front Of Kanye West's Album Picture / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by chic2pimp(m): 12:58am On Sep 26, 2009
eldee:

Punchlines??  cheesy cheesy
Shey u dey mind sharon? undecided

~Sauron~:

Chic2chimp, we are not analysing Fuji music here. . . . . .

A collaboration like this is generally perceived to be a battle of lyrical wits.
On the track in question, Eminem MURDERED, CREMATED and BURIED his contemporaries with guile, panache and subliminal punchlines.
Go to a thousand blogs on the net and see what fans of Kanye and Weezy are saying about the track.

Abeg comot for road jare. *Shior*.

Where is the guile,panache and punchlines? undecided I certainly can't see any.

~Sauron~:

“I’m Hannibal Lector so in case you’re thinking about saving face,
You ain’t gonna have no face to save by the time I’m through with this place
.”

No face to save??
Remember H.Lector taking off the face of a CO in "Silence Of The Lambs"?
This is a classic example of too much hype. Had Jigga come up with that line,I can bet my bottom dollar that sauron would have bwoied him.

But oh no cuz it's Em that line suddenly becomes the illest line ever cheesy cheesy.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Sauron1: 3:19am On Sep 26, 2009
eldee:

Nah . . . who didn'tgrow up on the streets??
50 Cent??
What I'm saying is, Eminem's delivery doesn't leave any space for punchlines
Artistes like Jay-Z, Bigge, 'Kiss build their lines round punchlines, Eminem doesn't.
Em's lines aren't individual, the first line is related to the last . . . for an artiste like Jay-Z each bar is a punchline in it's own right.

Every line Eminem spews is a punchline. . . . . .This is why many perceive his lines to be somehow violent.
Eminem honed his skills in the context of freestyle battle rap circuit. . . . . . . .a genre of rap where not only improvisational lyrical skills are a must, but where threats of literal violence and gruesome metaphors serve as the most potent lyrical weapons for besting an opponent.

This is why cats like Eminem, Canibus and Immortal Technique, etc always own their peers in a collabo.
It is their forte. . . . . . .Jigga got lost completely in "Renegade".
The Game conceded defeat on "We Ain't" even before the track finished and i can cite dozens of rap songs where Eminem beasted his peers.

Lil Wayne dropped more punchlines than Eminem on that track.
Em had only one punchline on Forever . . . I dare you to prove me wrong grin grin

Don't make me laugh, hombre.
The pinocchio line was a subliminal diss to Gucci Mane.
Every bar on Forever has a meaning. . . . . .

@ Chic2chimp,

Stick to your Fuji Music, abeg.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by chic2pimp(m): 9:25am On Sep 26, 2009
^^^^^ undecided undecided undecided
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by damoe: 11:43am On Sep 26, 2009
kanye had mor punchlines than jay z in run this town but i still skip the track when it is time for kanye's verse
that's te mistake some mc's make there is more to lyricism than punchlines even if it is dat eldee try downloading infinite em's 1995 lp
you go hear punchlines you go tire
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Genuflect(m): 1:34pm On Sep 26, 2009
@damoe I totally agree
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by osasp(m): 9:21pm On Sep 26, 2009
lol eldee u no dey tire
em tore up every1 on that song bro
no competition, even drake said it.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by dipo2much(m): 1:03am On Sep 27, 2009
Em Kicked everyone else on that track.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by bologzy(m): 8:59am On Sep 27, 2009
I luv drake's verse.
Guys, wot was timbaland saying about jay z ft. Drake 'of that' I heard he was insisting he wants drake verse on the track?
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by osasp(m): 12:52am On Sep 28, 2009
bologzy:

I luv drake's verse.
Guys, wot was timbaland saying about jay z ft. Drake 'of that' I heard he was insisting he wants drake verse on the track?
he insisted but the song is not for him at the end of the day
they took of drakes verse in the final cut
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by audio: 10:30am On Sep 28, 2009
@ Topic

Saw the video for this yesterday. Hands down, Eminem slaughtered all the other MC's on the track. He even had slaughterhouse in his corner (not that that had anything to do with it). Drake is aiight, but personally, i don't find him to be the messiah or whatever.

Kanye and Wayne (Very overrated) shouldn't have bothered. They were there in name only. Especially Wayne.

Frankly, all MC's really sound the same to me these days. It's all money this, money that, Swagga this, swagga that. All trying to outdo each other with punchlines, without actually saying anything tangible. All they're flows are like derivaties of the same gene pool. Nobody is really doing anything different. All instantly forgettable.

At least M's flow is his own. No one has been able to imitate it or duplicate it. That says a lot.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Genuflect(m): 11:10am On Sep 28, 2009
@audio Totally on point
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Bamsyle(m): 11:36am On Sep 28, 2009
eldee:

Nowadays rappers jst drop generic verses and force them on collabos. . . Eminem woulda still done this I go break bottle for ya head routine even if the name of the song was Let There Be Love. cheesy cheesy

grin grin

LWKMDFH

The pace of his delivery created a shock effect that got all the Stans hyping.

Co-signed.

When you compare all the verses on the track, you'll see that there ain't no biggity in Eminem's verse . . . his was just the most forcefully-delivered, aggressively-spat and fastest-paced . . . heck, this is Rap - nine points of the game is about wit and lyrical ingenuity . . . just cos Drake, Weezy and Kanye sound 'softer' does not give the crown to Eminem . . .

I saw lines like "I stuck my manliness inside this life until that b*tch came", "labels want my name beside the X like Malcolm", "hop up in my car and told my chauffeur “to the top”" and was like damn, these are quotable quotes . . . words coming from motivated/inspired minds . . .

Letz be objective, Eminem could've done better than nagging about his Hannibal Lecter routine talk . . . it's becoming boring . . . and less shocking . . . he has 'over-rapped' about stuff like this . . . this track was an opportunity to deliver sumn different . . . did he not record "Lose Yourself"??

Eminem just wanted to 'bully' as has been admitted by some folks in here . . . his verse was not on-point with the song's theme at all . . .

Goodness, I'll have even preferred Eminem repeating the lines he spat in "One Day At A Time"!!!
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by audio: 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2009
@ Bamstyle

While all you say is true, M's verse is the only one i remembered. Flow/delivery is almost 60% of a rappers skill. And M's flow is unique.
Doesn't matter what you're saying,  if i don't like the way you're saying it, you've lost me.

The reason Biggie is heralded as one of the greatest of all time is because his delivery was as sweet as what he was saying.
I don't have time to be rewinding videos or CD's to bask in the glow of some line a rapper said when the bass is almost drowning everything out.
Besides, lines like "labels want my name beside the X like Malcom" don't mean shit to me. What does that even mean? I'm not going to buy a CD for that.

Reference Notorious again: Tracks like Who shot ya opening line "who the hell is this, paging me at 5:43 in the morning/crack of dawning/now i'm yawning, immediately, i'm interested and what to know what happens next.

All these "i'm cleverer than you punchlines" are like coke. Might satisfy for the moment, but you feel hollow afterwards.

Bring back the old school man. Rap is dying
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Bamsyle(m): 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2009
Audio, I respect ya opinions mahn . . . but maybe we have different definitions of "flow" . . . I don't get it when you guys say Em's flow was the best here . . .

I wasn't using words at random when I referred to Em's verse as being the fastest-paced, most aggressive, etc . . . that's quite different from having the "best flows" . . .

I don't want to bring any drama on this issue but when you talk of flows in Rap, I'm happy you just mentioned the King - Biggie . . . known for his laid-back (folks atimes call it "lazy"wink delivery, Biggie is not known to rap fast . . . and yet he remains the best in the world of flows . . .

My point is this - guys atimes confuse fast-paced raps with good flows . . . this is wrong . . . if right, Twista or Krayzie Bone should have the best flows in the world of Rap . . .

Flow has to do with cadence, timing, rhythm . . . how the verse intertwines with the beat . . . you'll agree that all good rappers stand out for at least one thing - I'll give wordplay/rhymes to Eminem . . . flow-wise, I don't reckon - same goes for this track.

Eminem's verse was only different cos he rapped the fastest . . . and he made use of each milisecond on the track . . . that's good but what I don't get is when peops say he 'murdered' the other featured rappers cos of that singular fact . . . that the others delivered 'softer' verses takes nutin away from their shine . . . it's the same ol' typical/usual hype about Eminem . . .

One confession I haven't made so far - I wasn't impressed by this track at all . . . the overall 'sound' didn't get to me . . . but y'know what I did when I was trying to compare the verses?? I looked out for the strengths/weaknesses in each verse . . . and tried to eliminate/elevate each artiste based on that . . . generally, they all failed to live up to expectation . . . but one thing I noticed was that the first 3 dudes spat lines that had some degree of relevance to the subject . . . and those lines are fairly witty . . .

Eminem on his part had no such line . . . agreed that he rapped the fastest . . . but that doesn't move me . . . well, it's prolly cos "to whom much is given, much is expected" . . . I expected better (of course we all know that Eminem is notches above the other three rappers) . . .

And yeah, "labels want my name beside the X like Malcom" - denotatively, it means labels consider him as great as Malcolm cheesy . . . not a punchline def'ly . . . not even a stand-out line . . . my point is those lines I reproduced are more significant to the subject than everything Eminem spat . . . is the title not "Forever"?? What has Hannibal gast to do with it?? Imagine Em spittin' same lines in "Classic"??

Eminem did not outdo the other rappers - each verse on that track is just as good as it gets . . . if I have to give the crown to Eminem, my reason'll have to be sumn more than the fact that he rapped fast.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by audio: 1:49pm On Sep 28, 2009
Good Reply. Once again i agree with most of what you're saying. The track was below standard generally, considering the fact it had 4 of raps supposed heavyweights on it.  M's verse at the end made me wake up i guess.

Maybe the artists on the collabo were wrong. Too many laid back flows.
Remember flavour in your ear rmx, by Craig Mack. Biggie, Craig Mack, Busta, LL Cool J, Rampage. So many contrasting styles. So sweet. These days, all the flows sound the same.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Bamsyle(m): 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2009
audio:

Remember flavour in your ear rmx, by Craig Mack. Biggie, Craig Mack, Busta, LL Cool J, Rampage. So many contrasting styles. So sweet.

Wow . . . arguably the best 'n' hottest collabo in the history of Rap . . .
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by dawhizkid1(m): 4:54am On Sep 29, 2009
@Bamsyle, Most times i respekt U bt definitely nt times u obviously hate on Eminem. How the hell u gon say Eminem didn't have the best flow on Forever I had to put the song on repeat like 5times if i cud undastand wat u meant. Look @ ur definition of Flow, "cadence", "timing" and "rhythm", rite? Which among Drake, Wayne and Kanye got these more than Shady And about ur off topic Issue, all Rappers rap off topic nowadays. Is it me or Jay Z Rap on Rihanna's Umbrella was Wat Give me ur fav Rapper(s), I'l give u a hand ful of song he/she Rapped Off-Topic. Almost Everytime Jay Z raps about his Fame, Money, B@>*hes and Success n it is Great, Eminem Chooses to Horror theme to Rap about n it nw Stereotype n Boring.WTF And on lyrics, wtf is "label owners want my name bside the X like Malcolm" and "killing all this Rappers, u wud swear i had a Hitlist" Those r on M.I's level. M.I even got more decent Punches, No mata wat u base ur judgement on, Eminem MURDERED these Rappers on Forever. Bsides A poll was drawn n Eminem won it Hands down. Whether U like it or not, Eminem already have the Crown. NO CONTEST.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by slimshay(m): 7:19am On Sep 29, 2009
Once again on the topic 'off topic', i'm really wondering how ya'll think he should have gone 'its 09 been doin it since 96 and we are still here?', how basic is that? Em is not 'puffy ten years from now we'll still be on top', respect to Drake he didnt even go that route so that he will still be 'on topic'.

@ Bamysle, i'm sure the smiley u put after the malcolm x line means you said it on the lighter side of things. what?! And according to the topic 'forever' how does that gel, really?

Flow: Eminem by far had the best flow on that track it is that simple, its not about speed, Biggie is laid back, eminem aint. Any attempt at direct comparism is an injustice. Spitting fast on that track was a conscious move so much so he put it in the lyrics. Eminem puts time into writing his lyrics, when you listen you know. Some lines in that track even had dual meanings.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Sauron1: 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2009
slimshay:

[b]Flow: Eminem by far had the best flow on that track it is that simple,[/b]It's not about speed, Biggie is laid back, eminem aint. Any attempt at direct comparism is an injustice. Spitting fast on that track was a conscious move so much so he put it in the lyrics. Eminem puts time into writing his lyrics, when you listen you know. Some lines in that track even had dual meanings.

Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by ofokasibe: 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2009
2009 eminem is thrash ;d ;d ;d
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by ofokasibe: 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2009
@AUDIO
U SPEW HIPHOP KNOWLEGDE ALL THE TIME . REAL HEAD.

@OTHERS
Bleep EMINEM , THE SONG IS SO WACK grin
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Vuitton(m): 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2009
Geez fellaz sad
The track is sooooooooo OVER RATED!!!!!!

They were all luke warm undecided

RAP IN RECENT YEARS IS NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT IF THIS TRACK IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SHIT cry
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Vuitton(m): 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2009
Listening to the track on repeat and feeling Drake's verse sha, Kanye is ok too. . .
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Bamsyle(m): 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2009
da-whizkid:

@Bamsyle, Most times i respekt U bt definitely nt times u obviously hate on Eminem. How the hell u gon say Eminem didn't have the best flow on Forever I had to put the song on repeat like 5times if i cud undastand wat u meant. Look @ your definition of Flow, "cadence", "timing" and "rhythm", rite? Which among Drake, Wayne and Kanye got these more than Shady

Jeez . . . I ain't hatin' on Eminem.

If you read my comments carefully, you'll see me giving him props for some things . . . but giving him knocks for others . . . haterz don't do that.

Em's one of ma fave rappers . . . I prolly sound like I don't like him when Stans over-hype him . . .

On "flow", to each his own . . . whether he raps fast or slow, you'll recognize a rapper with good flows by those indices . . . but on this track, Eminem simply rapped the fastest . . . like he wanna break Twista's record or sumn . . . that, to me, does not mean he had the best flow . . .

And about your off topic Issue, all Rappers rap off topic nowadays. Is it me or Jay Z Rap on Rihanna's Umbrella was Wat Give me your fav Rapper(s), I'l give u a hand ful of song he/she Rapped Off-Topic. Almost Everytime Jay Z raps about his Fame, Money, B@>*hes and Success n it is Great, Eminem Chooses to Horror theme to Rap about n it nw Stereotype n Boring.WTF And on lyrics, wtf is "label owners want my name bside the X like Malcolm" and "killing all this Rappers, u wud swear i had a Hitlist" Those r on M.I's level. M.I even got more decent Punches, No mata wat u base your judgement on, Eminem MURDERED these Rappers on Forever. Bsides A poll was drawn n Eminem won it Hands down. Whether U like it or not, Eminem already have the Crown. NO CONTEST.

You can't compare Jay-Z in "Umbrella" with a track that's supposed to be like "Classic" (Rakim, Nas, Kanye, KRS) . . .

It's like an all-star thingy . . . and Rihanna is a diva . . . rappers are expected to bring lyrical ingenuity to the table.

And oh well, I said it - the Malcolm X line is no stand-out line . . . but it bears more relevance/significance to the song than Eminem's horror theme . . .
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Bamsyle(m): 7:46pm On Sep 29, 2009
slimshay:

@ Bamysle, i'm sure the smiley u put after the malcolm x line means you said it on the lighter side of things.

Well, we ain't fighting, are we??  cheesy

And according to the topic 'forever' how does that gel, really?

Malcolm X 'lives' forever, doesn't he??  tongue

Eminem puts time into writing his lyrics, when you listen you know. Some lines in that track even had dual meanings.

I know . . . but on the real tip, Eminem has a knack for wordplay and rhymes . . . for the sake of rhyme, a typical Eminem would spit:

so then letz go there
oh damn yes oh dear

Even if it means nada.

But I ain't taking nutin from the dude . . . and not to lose focus of the subject, all I'm saying is - when you pit Eminem's verse against the others, I don't see nutin that'll make anyone say he "murdered" them . . . and of course he's a better rapper than them all . . .

But on this track, he killed zilch.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by platinumnk(f): 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2009
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by shadyBaba: 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2009
OK. Dont argue eminem was better than the rest. wether u a fan or not. i thought everyone did fine but eminem and drake may have been just a wee bit better than kanye and wizzy
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by ravenzord(m): 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2009
For lyrical depth on that song it was Drake all the way,Eminem killed it of course cos his delivery and multis were the illest,as for Kanye,he was just normal Kanye,and Weezy wasn't as bad as everyone's saying,the line: 'Let the king talk, check the price and pay attention. makes sense 2 me. Good Song
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by eldee(m): 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2009
That's one thing I'll never understand bout NLers
They'll always prejdge people without seeing what they have to offer.

Weezy's been dropping sick lines on tracks for about two years now but they're turning a blind eye
What's the difference between Weezy and Snoop Dogg?? One rapped alongside Pac . . . c'est fini.

Eminem on that track was just fast, that's all, get your Virtal DJ software and slow it down . . . it's ordinary.
And that whole thing bout physically threatening people, erm . . . we ain't seen the whigga in prison yet.
Eminem's criminal record begins and ends with carrying an unloaded concealed gun . . . c'est fini.

So is there any other question bout the fact that Cassidy's criminal record is longer than hiphop's resident agbero??
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by slimshay(m): 8:20am On Oct 02, 2009
eldee:

That's one thing I'll never understand bout NLers
They'll always prejdge people without seeing what they have to offer.

Weezy's been dropping sick lines on tracks for about two years now but they're turning a blind eye
What's the difference between Weezy and Snoop Dogg?? One rapped alongside Pac . . . c'est fini.

Eminem on that track was just fast, that's all, get your Virtal DJ software and slow it down . . . it's ordinary.
And that whole thing bout physically threatening people, erm . . . we ain't seen the whigga in prison yet.
Eminem's criminal record begins and ends with carrying an unloaded concealed gun . . . c'est fini.

So is there any other question bout the fact that Cassidy's criminal record is longer than hiphop's resident agbero??

And Eldee changes lane, its not the song anymore. You are jus miffed Khanye got owned!!! grin
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by eldee(m): 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2009
slimshay:

And Eldee changes lane, its not the song anymore. You are jus miffed Khanye got owned!!! grin

You guys need to be a lil objective at least when you talk about stuff.
That's why it's a forum, I've dropped my opinion on what the track was like . . . and you've been screaming Kanye got owned ever since.
Does Kanye pay your school fees?? Didn't you see the part where I aid Kanye was the worst of the lot??

I commented on what Sauron said and you're here wanking like some deluded Scounthorpe fan.
No one has challenged any point I've made on this thread . . . y'all just go on with your . . . Eminem owns this B.S

We've seen Eminem lyrically murdering tracks, this one ain't one of them . . . c'est fini
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by dawhizkid1(m): 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2009
Eminem Didn't Knw Evry1 was gonna be on the 'forever' song, yet he topped Em All.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dedicate A Song To Your Mother / DOWNLOAD MP3: Kizz Daniel – Jaho / Davido – "Prayer" Ft. Mayorkun (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.