Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,999 members, 7,799,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters (11330 Views)

PDP, Treasury Looters Are Conniving To Bring Down Our Govt – Lai Mohammed / Why FG Hasn’t Prosecuted Some Treasury Looters – Osinbajo / FG To Publish Names Of Treasury Looters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by hushshinani(m): 11:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
– Its chairman, Ibrahim Magu said he is on a mission to return stolen money back to
the treasury

– He said regardless of party affiliation, any guilty person will be brought to book

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has revealed that it is going after thieves that have looted the country’s treasury.

The anti-graft agency has become more vibrant since President Muhammadu Buhari took over power with some high profile persons who served during the administration of Goodluck Jonathan facing investigation.

Ibrahim Magu, chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commisson

About N3 trillion has been recovered from looters so far but EFCC chairman insists there is more work to be done.

Vanguard reports that Magu vowed to investigate anyone suspected of corruption and promised not to spare anyone regardless of political party affiliation.

He said: “There is no sacred cow as far as this fight against corruption is concerned.
We will go after anybody who has committed an offence. We will collect the money back, so that it will go back to the treasury and be used for the original purposes.

“I don’t care whether you’re black or white or you come from party A or Party B; the
moment it can be established that you have stolen from the public treasury, we will go
after you. Even right here [in EFCC], if we discover that you’re corrupt, we will kick you out. And we are already doing that. So we don’t go after innocent people. We are going after the thieves of state resources.”

Meanwhile, a group, the Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP) called on President Muhammadu Buhari to sack the national security adviser, Mohammed
Monguno and Magu over various allegations against them.

The CNPP in a statement issued on Wednesday, June 22, said the duo should be
sacked based on shady deals and corrupt indictments made against them.

source... https://www.naij.com/871486-efcc-reveals-key-people-going.html?source=category_latest_page

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by ikaboy: 11:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
I and a million patriotic Nigerians are strongly behind u Magu.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by dammytosh: 11:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
ikaboy:
I and a million patriotic Nigerians are strongly behind u Magu.

That is the spirit bro.

Irrespective of party affiliation we want our money back.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by Jirate(m): 12:02am On Jun 25, 2016
Start in Alphabetical order, Ameachi, bukola Saraki then Fashola Oshiomhole........etc. cool cool

29 Likes

Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by NaLaugh: 8:07am On Jun 25, 2016
The more aggressive the EFCC is against office holders, the better for Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by eph12(m): 8:07am On Jun 25, 2016
Is that not what he has been doing?
3 trillions has been recovered? Hmmmm. Well maybe the author of this article just added his/her own because if pressed as to where this money is they will say they are still in the process of recovering it.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by brunofarad(m): 8:07am On Jun 25, 2016
Nice one

Tho,
I fear they made this speech because of FAYOSE,

1 Like

Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by ellechrystal(f): 8:08am On Jun 25, 2016
I hope the hunt includes the APC saints, because if it's the one sided battle you guys fight only opposition parties, then u ain't doing anything.

Abeg find our looters in APC , abeg

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by SageTravels: 8:08am On Jun 25, 2016
dammytosh:

That is the spirit bro.

Irrespective of party affiliation we want our money back.

Talk is cheap my brother. We want to see him in Action. I will not applaud him until he book APC members

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by Daslim180(m): 8:09am On Jun 25, 2016
Hunt d treasury looters as you have been doing before
Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by veekid(m): 8:09am On Jun 25, 2016
At least; four years on corruption don do you; illiterate president
Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by ChappyChase: 8:10am On Jun 25, 2016
Abeg talk another thing!
Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by aminho(m): 8:10am On Jun 25, 2016
Allah ya taya riko

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by Acidosis(m): 8:10am On Jun 25, 2016
Finally!

Please start with the late Audu Abubakar! He stole N11Billion, promised to return if he wins election, but Kogi people killed him with prayers and curses.

https://www.naij.com/582488-apc-governorship-candidate-promises-return-11billion-stolen-fund-elected.html

Present Governor of Kogi state Yahaya Bello. He has diverted 3 months allocation to Kogi state. People are starving in Kogi. No pensioner has been paid since January. Schools have been shut down including Kogi state university.

Fashola of Lagos state - N80m website
wink

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/188365-how-i-spent-n78-million-on-website-mobile-applications-others-fashola.html

Fayemi of Ekiti state - 2 Beds for N50m wink
www.nairaland.com/1966787/full-story-photos-fayemi-explains

Amaechi of Rivers - Billions for a demi train line that leads to Jupiter. wink

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by QEU86: 8:10am On Jun 25, 2016
Naso make dem arrest them make we collect our money frm them
Jirate:
Start in Alphabetical order, Ameachi, bukola Saraki then Fashola Oshiomhole........etc. cool cool

1 Like

Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by Cashcard1(m): 8:10am On Jun 25, 2016
we are strongly behind u
Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by Akshow: 8:10am On Jun 25, 2016
We are solidly behind you. But pls no selective treatment. Both ex pdp and APC governors pls
Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by chimah3(m): 8:11am On Jun 25, 2016
Stewpeed EFCC!

tongue
Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by MARKone(m): 8:11am On Jun 25, 2016
Magu and the FG should do us the honours of Naming the Yam and national cake eaters, as such act will boost the confidence Nigerians will have with the commission.
Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by MAGNETIC(m): 8:11am On Jun 25, 2016
Vowing since 1960. Mtcheew

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by Fedayeen02: 8:12am On Jun 25, 2016
I wil take you serious when i see amaechi fashoka and oshimole in the dock

1 Like

Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:14am On Jun 25, 2016
Jirate:
Which Tim them go come reach Yerima, Yari and Yahaya Bello?
Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by Bern1992(m): 8:14am On Jun 25, 2016
I too like this man.

Over confidence dey worry am.
Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by Dream369: 8:16am On Jun 25, 2016
EFCC pls Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello. He wants to/has diverted three months allocation. That guy should be seriously checked.
Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by Fmartin(m): 8:19am On Jun 25, 2016
Jirate:

“I don’t care whether you’re black or white or you come from party A or Party B; the
moment it can be established that you have stolen from the public treasury, we will go
after you.

If you have any proof that the people you mentioned loot their various states treasury, run to EFCC asap and file a petition.

Goodluck grin

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by gen2briz(m): 8:20am On Jun 25, 2016
Please start from South West oooo, especially OYO, Ondo and OSUN I don't think ekiti is necessary for now....
Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by hhgg77kk: 8:21am On Jun 25, 2016
energetic magu , some regions are not happy with .your work while some regions are solidly besides
you. Move on.
Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by gozmok1(m): 8:22am On Jun 25, 2016
This confused, biased, clueless, dictatorial and evil APC government headed by the uneducated Buhari is out to destroyNigeria with unnecessary distractions, economic destruction, social disorder and political instability and unrest. This is what you get when you vote a clueless bigoted illiterate tyrant as President. Nigerians are not happy with the present state of theeconomy yet the coconut head is busy chasing shadows with zombies cheering him on. When the time comes zombies would be the worse hit.
Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 25, 2016
I need our money
Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 25, 2016
When will it get to Amechi's turn be fast about it
Re: EFCC Vows To Go After State Treasury Looters by truthspeaks: 8:23am On Jun 25, 2016
grin Efcc is still vowing after the drama they v bn acting over a year for this govt? grin I laff in Halliburton. Even Magu is not clean if u do a background check on him. Buhari sef

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jide Sanwoolu A Muslim? / Aftermath Of Resignation: Jostle Begins For Vacant Ministerial Positions / Doyin Okupe Calls On God To Expose Boko Haram Sponsors Via Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.