Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj (42213 Views)

DJ Cuppy: I Must Learn How To Cook Egusi For My Boyfriend / Kcee Looking Like A Physically Challenged Person As He Poses With Dbanj / 8 Lessons From Dbanj And His GOOD Music Fiasco! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by zeekeyboy: 10:54pm On Jun 25, 2016
Pandorabox:
The op made a mistake I think; let me meticulously rephrase it for him.
Five things Dbanj should learn from Wizkid and Davido

Thank me later.

or better still " FIVE MISTAKES BY D'BANJ WIZKID AND DAVIDO SHOULD LEARN FROM
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by darealsola(m): 10:55pm On Jun 25, 2016
dat oyato nd kawosoke part got me rotfl
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Francis95(m): 11:05pm On Jun 25, 2016
smudge2079:
"Wisdom is bleak, that's d word from the wise" It took me 3 years to understand dat statement
lil wayne line cool
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 25, 2016
jinwas:

Huh?

Is this some sort of joke?

There is no such thing as uncredited or credited cameo in MUSIC VIDEO.

He got credited for the 3 tracks he was featured on, off the Cruel Summer album and sure as hell racked alot of royalties in return. (I suppose you know what that means Innit?).

Y'all should get schooled about music before getting all opinionated and shii.

Bless!

you want to school me on music bro.. Lmao.....

Now, uncredited cameo simply means Dbanj was in the video but was never officially mentioned on kanye official website or acknowledged by the label...

There are tons of uncredited cameos by artist everywhere,..

Do u know that Davido appeared in Wale girls on drug video..... I doubt you dont know .... This is because it was an uncredited cameo.....
Go do more research bro.

Cheers
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by vickylincon(m): 11:16pm On Jun 25, 2016
hungryboy:
Na only for Naija, you go see Pesin were never build fence before, dey advice engineer how im go take build house,

bad guy. You nailed him o
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Bluffly: 11:16pm On Jun 25, 2016
hungryboy:
Na only for Naija,
you go see
Pesin were never build fence before,
dey
advice engineer how im go take build house,

Mr wisdom, people like you cannot be advised by your children nor your subordinates at work because you are so full of yourself. The advices are salient and it is left for the duo to check if they are on track. Let the strong take heed else he falls.
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Visteinp(m): 11:22pm On Jun 25, 2016
Dont Touch it wink wink wink wink
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by pressplay411(m): 11:47pm On Jun 25, 2016
Op abeg wetin u know?
It's easier from a spectator's POV.
As an African artist u can only appeal to international market by identifying as an African act, never sell out cos you look fake and can't do it as well as they can.
BTW I don't think there's anythg wrong with wizzy's verse on One Dance, his is prolly the best part of the hit, any yes that feature has made him a force to reckon with in the global market.
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Igbonoid: 11:53pm On Jun 25, 2016
hungryboy:
Na only for Naija, you go see Pesin were never build fence before, dey advice engineer how im go take build house,

Lols Wicked Punch Lines.
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by SSkillzzz(m): 11:56pm On Jun 25, 2016
hungryboy:

this is deep as fvck.... Fvcking savage....yu totally killed it..
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by MiracleJohn(m): 12:02am On Jun 26, 2016
Worst ever picture in the history of naija

2 Likes

Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Temysteve(m): 12:13am On Jun 26, 2016
Iamsynord:
1 ) DONT SETTLE FOR LESS - When at the international level, never ever settle for less. Prove your worth..

Dbanj was already a big artist in Africa..On getting to the world stage, he accepted a disgraceful cameo on good music the morning song where all he said was "oh oh oh (*20) ... Next was an uncredited cameo in Kanye's Mercy video , the only good music act not credited...

Dbanj was not given the status he deserved and he settled for it... Wizkid should avoid this... Any feature that will be like his verse ( or what do one call it ) on Drake one dance should be rejected.. If he continues settling for less and taking such features, he may become a certified back up artiste for international acts.

2) DO QUALITY SONGS - When eventually given good features and more track time, Use it well.. Do quality songs, ... If not a good lyricist, get a song writer to write the lyrics and sing it...

Dbanj messed up everything when he wasted his opporturnity on wack songs... like scapegoat remix ft kanye, Blame it on the money ft big sean and snoop and the rest.

Wizkid , dont waste your intl collabos and dont do any stupid remix of your old songs... I hope he is killing all his features...

3) APPEAL - Do songs that appeal to intl sense.... RnB , pop.... Feature their artist and you expect them to perform on terry g kind of beats.... Give them their style... Feature them on the songs they can do well.....

Dont go and be releasing oyato, Kawosoke and other songs that wouldnt appeal to any intl community like dbanj did.... Boost your foreign fan base... Do their songs, learn their language...

4) NAIJA JAMS - Because an artist is international does not mean he should forget his roots .... Dont go and sit down abroad and expect your popularity at home to still be soaring.

Feature local artists and help them get recognition too.. Balance the two, drop intl bangers and drop the pangolo ones too for your people at home not to forget you..

Come home, perform one or two song, shoot videos and feature on tracks... This is the balance Dbanj failed in as he sat most times overseas , abadoning his fans in the country

5) ALTERNATIVES - Change is constant...Anything can happen.. The intl label might decide to drop you anytime... Dont be caught off guard... You and chris brown may fight,. Sony may drop davido....

Be prepared for the worst and dont be caught unaware like dbanj... Make friends and connections with other stars and artistes over there... Lobby for meetings and interact so that in case any obstacle comes, their will be an available label or artiste to roll with again and still stay relevant.

Dbanj is a legend and will remain one ...

Written by iamsynord.

Twitter @iamsynord
wizkid was never sign by any 0erican artiste! On like Dbanj wey rush go meet Kanye west and ruined is career. The international artiste do calls him for features
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Temysteve(m): 12:16am On Jun 26, 2016
doyinisaac:
Yeah you are right but one does not need to cry more than the bereaved..
Correct! Even though is voice was low on that track but i think its still a kind of recognition for him both home and abroad
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by herzern(m): 12:17am On Jun 26, 2016
MiracleJohn:
Worst ever picture in the history of naija

worstest bro........disgrace to Nigeria....
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Temysteve(m): 12:17am On Jun 26, 2016
samzysam:
Dbanj really messed up his deal with good music,

he should have just remained with his ibo lord and business master , don jazzy... Look at what he did with mavin 2 0

Dbanj is still there shouting Breaking news... grin

Smh
you just said the right thing.
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by gamyy(m): 12:33am On Jun 26, 2016
smudge2079:
"Wisdom is bleak, that's d word from the wise" It took me 3 years to understand dat statement

wow...words from lil wayne...wat dos it mean?
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by ademusiwa12: 12:34am On Jun 26, 2016
[size=28pt]
Win a chance to have dinner with ademusiwa and miss toke Makinwa
ademusiwa@gmail.com
t][/size]
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 26, 2016
hungryboy:
Na only for Naija,
you go see
dey

You killed it bro, making me laugh at night ain't a easy job, Buh u did it, get ur self a bottle of Orijin at d closest store, would pay when I come around
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by litaninja(m): 12:41am On Jun 26, 2016
What is this nonsense? Mods will be sleeping now...instead of banning this kind of post.

ademusiwa12:
[size=28pt]
ademusiwa@gmail.com
t][/size]
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 26, 2016
They won't make any mistake cus dey don't have d same name
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by tianshie(m): 1:06am On Jun 26, 2016
ademusiwa12:
[size=28pt]
ademusiwa@gmail.com
t][/size]
Oga, your satellite camera don spoil?
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by redcliff: 1:07am On Jun 26, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
YOU GUYS SHOULD STOP FCUCKING UP THE USE OF THE WORD LEGEND.

DBANG,TUFACE ETC AINT NO LEGENDS PLS.

GOD BLESS YOU. Thats how someone was calling audu maijori legend. Im like is this one okay? He even carry the matter for him head
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by ladyF(f): 1:14am On Jun 26, 2016
tolutweety:

Brotherly ... grin grin

Do you still have that handout for "pull-out" tutorials?
E be like say I go need am soon ... wink smiley

shocked shocked shocked

lol...You better call me when you and bae welcome your baby boy/girl, let me be godmother. #Can'tWait grin grin grin
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Nobody: 1:24am On Jun 26, 2016
In truth a lot of things have been bastardised in this country. Mediocrity holds sway. To me, legends are Sunny Ade, Eddie Okonta, Ebenezer Obe, Victor Olaiya. Even Onyeka and Majek are not legends.
This iosnord guy should pack well o. The tin deh pain me gan.

redcliff:

GOD BLESS YOU. Thats how someone was calling audu maijori legend. Im like is this one okay? He even carry the matter for him head
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by nduchucks: 3:25am On Jun 26, 2016
hungryboy:
Na only for Naija,
you go see
dey

My friend, the greatest Presidential advisers world-wide have never run for any political office in their lives, yet they are given full credit for excellent advise by the Presidents they served, after those Presidents leave their offices.

The OPs words are words of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 26, 2016
(6) Spirituality: They should pray hard so that He-goat spirit in dbanj don't manifest in them. Amen
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Themandator: 7:11am On Jun 26, 2016
Iamsynord:
1 ) DONT SETTLE FOR LESS - When at the international level, never ever settle for less. Prove your worth..

Dbanj was already a big artist in Africa..On getting to the world stage, he accepted a disgraceful cameo on good music the morning song where all he said was "oh oh oh (*20) ... Next was an uncredited cameo in Kanye's Mercy video , the only good music act not credited...

Dbanj was not given the status he deserved and he settled for it... Wizkid should avoid this... Any feature that will be like his verse ( or what do one call it ) on Drake one dance should be rejected.. If he continues settling for less and taking such features, he may become a certified back up artiste for international acts.

2) DO QUALITY SONGS - When eventually given good features and more track time, Use it well.. Do quality songs, ... If not a good lyricist, get a song writer to write the lyrics and sing it...

Dbanj messed up everything when he wasted his opporturnity on wack songs... like scapegoat remix ft kanye, Blame it on the money ft big sean and snoop and the rest.

Wizkid , dont waste your intl collabos and dont do any stupid remix of your old songs... I hope he is killing all his features...

3) APPEAL - Do songs that appeal to intl sense.... RnB , pop.... Feature their artist and you expect them to perform on terry g kind of beats.... Give them their style... Feature them on the songs they can do well.....

Dont go and be releasing oyato, Kawosoke and other songs that wouldnt appeal to any intl community like dbanj did.... Boost your foreign fan base... Do their songs, learn their language...

4) NAIJA JAMS - Because an artist is international does not mean he should forget his roots .... Dont go and sit down abroad and expect your popularity at home to still be soaring.

Feature local artists and help them get recognition too.. Balance the two, drop intl bangers and drop the pangolo ones too for your people at home not to forget you..

Come home, perform one or two song, shoot videos and feature on tracks... This is the balance Dbanj failed in as he sat most times overseas , abadoning his fans in the country

5) ALTERNATIVES - Change is constant...Anything can happen.. The intl label might decide to drop you anytime... Dont be caught off guard... You and chris brown may fight,. Sony may drop davido....

Be prepared for the worst and dont be caught unaware like dbanj... Make friends and connections with other stars and artistes over there... Lobby for meetings and interact so that in case any obstacle comes, their will be an available label or artiste to roll with again and still stay relevant.

Dbanj is a legend and will remain one ...

Written by iamsynord.

Twitter @iamsynord

Dbanj was not 'suddenly' dropped. When Don Jazzy pulled out, Dbanj became more circumspect and either refused to continue to fund the contract or couldn't.... They signed to pay &m to West which they both ought to have shouldered.

1 Like

Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Themandator: 7:28am On Jun 26, 2016
jinwas:

Huh?

Is this some sort of joke?

There is no such thing as uncredited or credited cameo in MUSIC VIDEO.

He got credited for the 3 tracks he was featured on, off the Cruel Summer album and sure as hell racked alot of royalties in return. (I suppose you know what that means Innit?).

Y'all should get schooled about music before getting all opinionated and shii.

Bless!

You need the schooling more than those you are recommending it to. Show us where the credit is.... Jazzy got credited just like Wizkid I Drake track... In other words, they are entitled to royalty and whatever financial benefits that comes from that work... The is not the case with Dbanj features or appearances.

HE allowed his. Name to get lost in the crowd... Just like the crowd that runs around in movies scenes.
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by smudge2079(m): 7:29am On Jun 26, 2016
Justdulla:

3yrs to comprehend a statement dude,that mean it wud prolly take a century for you to understand life
oooh, i see, please explain the meaning of the statement.
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 26, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
YOU GUYS SHOULD STOP FCUCKING UP THE USE OF THE WORD LEGEND.

DBANG,TUFACE ETC AINT NO LEGENDS PLS.

Micheal Jackson is a Legend
Elton John is a Legend
Mohamed Ali is a Legend
Dr Dre is a Legend
Eminem is a Legend
Whitney Houston is a Legend
Celine Dion is a Legend
Tupac is a Legend
Fela is a Legend
Dbanj and Tuface ARE NOT Legends!!!!!
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 26, 2016
automatix:
2Face is a Legend as far as Nigeria is concerned and Africa at large but Dbanj ISN'T.

Micheal Jackson is a Legend
Elton John is a Legend
Mohamed Ali is a Legend
Dr Dre is a Legend
Eminem is a Legend
Whitney Houston is a Legend
Celine Dion is a Legend
Tupac is a Legend
Fela is a Legend
Yous son dou is a Legend
Mariam makayba!!!
Freshly ground are Legends
Dbanj and Tuface ARE NOT Legends!!!!!
Re: Five Things Wizkid and Davido Must Learn From Dbanj by UIA04(f): 7:54am On Jun 26, 2016
IamDino:
See person wey the only person wey you suppose advice na Airforce1,you con dey advice Wizkid and Davido asif them no get PR or manager sefsad.
Just quit music and be a music critic.

Looool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cameron Okoye Awarded Top Scorer At Little Tigers Football Academy / Lady Gives Ubi Franklin N50k At The Airport / Ubi Franklin Slams His 'ashawo' Colleague Over Cee-c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.