Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,932 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation (1936 Views)

‘House Husbands’ More Prone To Infidelity –Study / He/she Is 'just A Friend'.12 Signs Of An Emotional Infidelity / Facts About Marriage And Infidelity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation by JustGood(m): 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2009
This group has now confirmed that women cheat more, in Britain, than men.

http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/Leeds-United-Kingdom/Opera-North/52817663594?_fb_noscript=1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1210444/Four-10-women-cheated-partners-compared-just-THREE-10-men.html#ixzz0Ps52pnQG

Four in 10 women have cheated on their partners (compared to just THREE in 10 men) By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 2:11 PM on 01st September 2009

It's widely assumed that when it comes to long-term relationships, men are more likely to stray.

But a poll of 3,000 people has turned this assumption on its head - with four in 10 women admitting they have cheated on a partner, compared to just three in 10 men.

Nearly half of the female cheats ended up kissing someone on a night out, while almost a quarter got carried away with a colleague at a work do.
Affair: A quarter of the women who cheated on their partners said they got carried away with a colleague at a work do
And more than a third of the women claimed their indiscretion happened 'by accident' when their flirting got out of hand. Four in 10 of those surveyed admitted that men 'often got the wrong idea' because they were so flirtatious.
Builders, gym instructors and figures of authority are particularly tempting for women, the survey found, and it seems the old cliche about women loving a man in uniform is also true.
But while a quarter of respondents had embarked on a long-term affair, the majority of women said they had cheated on a partner just once.

Many blamed becoming bored in their relationship as the trigger for their indiscretion, while 21 per cent said it only ever happened when they'd had too much to drink.

However, a surprising 12 per cent of women claimed they could never be completely monogamous in a relationship, because 'life is too short'.
The survey was conducted by Opera North to coincide with the opening of the opera  Cosi fan tutte, which deals with the issue of infidelity and translates as 'All Women Are Like That'.
'The poll seems to suggest many women consider flirtatious behaviour as harmless and can easily forgive themselves the odd 'indiscretion', said a spokeswoman.
Re: British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation by JustGood(m): 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2009
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/women/2009/09/03/women-more-likely-to-be-unfaithful-than-men-finds-new-survey-86908-21644635/

Women more likely to be unfaithful than men, finds new survey
Sep 3 2009 Craig McQueen

We're used to thinking men are more likely than women to stray in a relationship - but it seems the roles are being reversed.

A new survey suggests that it's women who are more unfaithful, with four in 10 admitting that they have cheated on their partner.

By comparison, three in 10 men said they had done the dirty on their nearest and dearest.

It also emerged that four in 10 cheats ended up snogging someone whilst out clubbing, while almost one in four got carried away with a colleague at a work do.

More than half of women said they loved attention from men. More than a third said men often got the wrong idea because they were so flirtatious.

More than a third of women also claimed their "minor indiscretion" happened by accident because their flirting got out of hand.

According to sex and relationships expert Alex Hooper-Hodson, the survey results reflect current trends.

He said: "There has been a massive change in this issue compared with previous years.

"In the 80s, an academic called Annette Lawson wrote a book called Adultery in which she said the rate of infidelity among men was 60 per cent over the course of a marriage and 40 per cent for women.

"But the book also showed that the rate of increase in infidelity was higher among women, so it was likely they would overtake men.

"What you're seeing now is the result of that trend.

"It could be put down to women being more fussy, more picky, more confident and more in charge of their lives than they were 20 years ago.

"In a sense, they're behaving like old-fashioned men. They're having their cake and eating it."

The research showed that 58 per cent of women who have cheated have kissed someone other than their partner, while 27 per cent have had sex with someone else.

And 47 per cent admitted they cannot help dancing provocatively with men whenever they are on a night out.

A fifth of girls said they get a thrill from cheating on their partner and, despite knowing it is wrong, want to do it again.

The survey also revealed 27 per cent of women find strangers attractive and love the thrill of chasing them on a night out.

One in four said they cannot resist the temptation of a man in uniform, while almost one in five tend to cheat with those in authority.

Builders and gym instructors are common targets for women, as one in 10 said they cannot help flirting outrageously with them.

Suzy Miller, creator of Britain's first ever divorce fairs, feels the figures could simply point to women being more honest.

She said: "I think these days there is less social stigma attached to infidelity and people regard it as more normal, which is not a good thing.

"In places such as France and Italy, the culture is much more relaxed about these things, so perhaps our attitudes are becoming more continental "I think women are also more willing to give reasons for their infidelity, such as being unhappy.

"I can imagine there being a lot of women out there in long-term relationships who feel neglected, while their partners become complacent.

But Suzy did admit that more women in relationships are indulging in "minor indiscretions" in places such as parties and nights out.

She said: "A lot of that goes on as people are drinking so much alcohol and doing so much going out and partying. The idea that you only do that when you're young isn't true at all. Nowadays, we keep going for as long as we possibly can.

"But I'd be surprised if there are actually greater levels of infidelity now than there were in the past.

"I think it's just that people are more able to talk about it and there is less stigma attached to it.

"At least if we're more able to talk about these things, we're more likely to look at what's going wrong."

Hooper-Hodson agrees that our changing social lives could be contributing to the problem.

He said: "Society has changed to some degree and it's changed women's outlooks.

"It's almost an extension of the lad culture. Women are effectively taking up that male role, while men are becoming a bit more sensitive.

"The drinking and clubbing culture has increased massively over the last 30 years and it's a whole different ball game in terms of going out and having fun.

"That's certainly the case with younger people but you also have to look at people in their 30s, 40s and 50s who are being unfaithful.

"Even though people know they're doing something they shouldn't, they want to have a bit of excitement and drama in their lives."

The poll for Opera North marks their production of Cosi Fan Tutte, an opera looking at the nature of infidelity.
Re: British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation by candylips(m): 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2009
british women are dogs now
Re: British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation by JustGood(m): 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2009
Re: British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation by JustGood(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2009
Young brothers admit boys' attack

One boy was found unconscious near a wooded ravine
Two young brothers who lured two boys, aged nine and 11, to a South Yorkshire ravine before carrying out a brutal attack have admitted the assault.

At Sheffield Crown Court the brothers, aged 10 and 12, admitted causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

One of the victims also had a sink dropped on to his head during the attack in Edlington, near Doncaster.

The brothers were arrested on 4 April after the younger victim, covered in blood, escaped and raised the alarm.

Attempted murder charges over the attack were dropped by prosecutors.

Reports are being prepared on the boys ahead of a sentencing hearing, expected to be held in November.

The victims met their attackers as they played football in a park.

They were lured away by the brothers, who promised they would show them a toad they had found, but instead they were subjected to a horrific assault.

The older boy had a sink dropped on his head, one had a noose put around his head and one was burned with a cigarette on his eyelids and ear.

The younger boy had a sharp stick rammed into his arm and cigarettes pushed into the wound.

He also tried to ram a stick down his own throat after he was told to "go away and kill himself" by one of his attackers.

The pair, who were both seriously injured, had bricks thrown at them and were repeatedly stamped on.

The nine-year-old managed to stagger to a nearby house to raise the alarm, covered in blood from wounds to his head and arm.

The 11-year-old boy was later discovered unconscious in the nearby wood.

The brothers have each pleaded guilty to robbing one of the boys of a mobile phone and the other of cash.

They also admitted two counts of intentionally causing a child to engage in sexual activity.

The brothers were later charged with attempted grievous bodily harm with intent and making a threat to kill in connection with a separate attack on another 11-year-old boy in Doncaster a week earlier.

The pair had denied these offences, but each have pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

The court heard the brothers picked a "discreet" location for the scene of their first attack, in trees by a stream.

I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die - that's what I kept repeating in my head

But they were interrupted by a passer-by.

The victim of that attack said: "They got me into these bushes, and then the fat one punched me.

"They stamped on my head. After, like, twenty minutes of them hurting me, this man came and said 'Oi, what you doing?', and they said 'You've got twenty seconds to run' so I ran as fast as my little legs could carry me.

"I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die. That's what I kept repeating in my head."

A week later the brothers chose a "more isolated" place for the attack on the two boys.

The boys were led to a large mound of timber, described as a "den", which was hidden from public view, where some of their injuries were inflicted.

The brothers then moved their victims to a second site, at the foot of a 15ft ravine. It was here that a broken sink was used to inflict the more serious head injuries on the 11-year-old.

Det Supt Mick Mason said the victims suffered a "traumatic experience" but were "recovering well".

"The victims are still suffering, certainly mentally, and also recovering from the physical wounds," he said.

The mother of the eldest victim said she was "pleased" with the guilty pleas.

She said the families were not upset about the decision to accept pleas to lesser charges and she was happy the boys did not have to be put through a trial.

Nicholas Campbell QC, prosecuting, described the offences as "grave crimes".

The prosecutor said on the day of the second attack, the two brothers should have been at the police station being questioned about the earlier assault.

He said: "Instead, they went out and attacked [the two boys]."

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said the decision not to pursue the attempted murder charges was taken in consultation with the victims' families.

Doncaster Council said a serious case review was now under way to establish if there are lessons to be learned by any agency involved.

The judge, Mr Justice Keith, will visit the site of the attacks before the boys are sentenced.
Re: British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation by Fhemmmy: 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2009
This is just another way for the men to know who rules in the game of cheating or should i call it "eat and clean mouth" ?
Re: British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation by JustGood(m): 5:28pm On Sep 04, 2009
DEM PIKIN

Young brothers admit boys' attack

One boy was found unconscious near a wooded ravine
Two young brothers who lured two boys, aged nine and 11, to a South Yorkshire ravine before carrying out a brutal attack have admitted the assault.

At Sheffield Crown Court the brothers, aged 10 and 12, admitted causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

One of the victims also had a sink dropped on to his head during the attack in Edlington, near Doncaster.

The brothers were arrested on 4 April after the younger victim, covered in blood, escaped and raised the alarm.

Attempted murder charges over the attack were dropped by prosecutors.

Reports are being prepared on the boys ahead of a sentencing hearing, expected to be held in November.

The victims met their attackers as they played football in a park.

Map: Where the attack happened

They were lured away by the brothers, who promised they would show them a toad they had found, but instead they were subjected to a horrific assault.

Jenny Hill, BBC News, Sheffield Crown Court
The crimes that these brothers committed, the injuries they inflicted, were considered so severe that they were initially charged with attempted murder.
They pleaded not guilty to attempted murder but guilty to a lesser charge, grievous bodily harm.

The court has accepted that lesser charge.

The Crown Prosecution Service and South Yorkshire Police said they believe this is the right decision because of course it stops the victims having to relive the traumatic attack during a trial which would have taken certainly two or three weeks.

The decision was taken in accordance with the families of those victims, who say they are particularly relieved that the boys would not have to relive what had happened to them.

The maximum sentence for grievous bodily harm is the same as the maximum sentence for attempted murder, so the feeling here at the court is very much that the difference in charges really doesn't actually affect the outcome of this.

The older boy had a sink dropped on his head, one had a noose put around his head and one was burned with a cigarette on his eyelids and ear.

The younger boy had a sharp stick rammed into his arm and cigarettes pushed into the wound.

He also tried to ram a stick down his own throat after he was told to "go away and kill himself" by one of his attackers.

The pair, who were both seriously injured, had bricks thrown at them and were repeatedly stamped on.

The nine-year-old managed to stagger to a nearby house to raise the alarm, covered in blood from wounds to his head and arm.

The 11-year-old boy was later discovered unconscious in the nearby wood.

The brothers have each pleaded guilty to robbing one of the boys of a mobile phone and the other of cash.

They also admitted two counts of intentionally causing a child to engage in sexual activity.
The brothers were later charged with attempted grievous bodily harm with intent and making a threat to kill in connection with a separate attack on another 11-year-old boy in Doncaster a week earlier.

The pair had denied these offences, but each have pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

The court heard the brothers picked a "discreet" location for the scene of their first attack, in trees by a stream.

I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die - that's what I kept repeating in my head

But they were interrupted by a passer-by.

The victim of that attack said: "They got me into these bushes, and then the fat one punched me.

"They stamped on my head. After, like, twenty minutes of them hurting me, this man came and said 'Oi, what you doing?',  and they said 'You've got twenty seconds to run' so I ran as fast as my little legs could carry me.

"I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die. That's what I kept repeating in my head."

A week later the brothers chose a "more isolated" place for the attack on the two boys.

The boys were led to a large mound of timber, described as a "den", which was hidden from public view, where some of their injuries were inflicted.

The brothers then moved their victims to a second site, at the foot of a 15ft ravine. It was here that a broken sink was used to inflict the more serious head injuries on the 11-year-old.

Det Supt Mick Mason said the victims suffered a "traumatic experience" but were "recovering well".

"The victims are still suffering, certainly mentally, and also recovering from the physical wounds," he said.

The mother of the eldest victim said she was "pleased" with the guilty pleas.

She said the families were not upset about the decision to accept pleas to lesser charges and she was happy the boys did not have to be put through a trial.

Nicholas Campbell QC, prosecuting, described the offences as "grave crimes".

The prosecutor said on the day of the second attack, the two brothers should have been at the police station being questioned about the earlier assault.

He said: "Instead, they went out and attacked [the two boys]."

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said the decision not to pursue the attempted murder charges was taken in consultation with the victims' families.

Doncaster Council said a serious case review was now under way to establish if there are lessons to be learned by any agency involved.

The judge, Mr Justice Keith, will visit the site of the attacks before the boys are sentenced.
Re: British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation by Fiona0007: 10:58pm On Sep 04, 2009
Unfortunately the survey result seems to reflect the reality.
No wonder professionals now disregard all the paternal test results when it comes to check out on the baby's blood group when still inside the womb, and other similar genetic testing.
Re: British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation by agathamari(f): 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2009
yea except how many people on here think kissing is cheating? how many women in nigeria cheat how many nigrian men? do the same survey here and the numbers will be different/higher. look at the topics on here alone to see how cheating is "normal"
Re: British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation by mamagee6(f): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2009
British women behave somehow.
Re: British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation by candylips(m): 9:36pm On Sep 05, 2009
yea
Re: British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation by English1(f): 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2009
Don't generalise -it makes you look stupid.
Re: British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation by ayomidej(f): 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2009
Its not a surprise, when most white British women are drunk that is it. grin
Re: British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation by candylips(m): 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2009
binge drinkers
Re: British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation by JustGood(m): 4:17pm On Feb 28, 2011
Binge drinking is British culture these days

(1) (Reply)

Husbands, Sometimes Your Wife Just Wants To Have A Good Night's Sleep. / Am I Still Normal? / Mother Vs Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.