Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP (12047 Views)

Ronke Shonde’s Sister Denies Lekan Shonde’s Claims / Lekan Shonde Arrested Over Ronke Shonde's Death / Ronke Shonde's Murderer, Lekan Shonde, Wanted By Lagos Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by samson15(m): 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2016
Samson Folarin

The Directorate of Public Prosecutions, Lagos State, has ordered that alleged wife killer, Lekan Shonde, be tried for murder.
The DPP, in its advice dated June 16, 2016 by the Chief State Counsel, Mr. T. Adewoye, stated that evidences available revealed that the dock worker killed his wife, Ronke.
Our correspondent had reported that 51-year-old Shonde allegedly killed his wife of eight years at their home in the Egbeda area of Lagos.
He was alleged to have locked the door on the corpse and their two children, before the incident was discovered by a housekeeper and later reported to the police.
The man, who surrendered himself to the police after days in hiding, claimed that he only slapped the deceased during a disagreement on the night of the incident.
An autopsy report on Ronke’s death had, however, revealed that she died from respiratory seizure before the Lagos State Police Command decided to arraign him for the crime.
On Friday, an Ebute Meta Chief Magistrate’s Court, said the legal advice was ready but the court adjourned till July 8 after the counsel to the defendant, I.B. Mohammed, said he had yet to get the advice.
The Chief Magistrate, O.I. Adelaja, advised the counsel to obtain the Certified True Copy before the adjourned date.
Saturday PUNCH , which exclusively obtained a copy of the advice, learnt that Shonde would be tried for murder.
The advice read in part, “From the facts in the case file, it is clear that the victim died. However, it cannot be established that an act of omission of the suspect caused the death.
“From the duplicate case file, there is no eyewitness account of the circumstances leading to the death of Ronke Shonde. The issue to be determined is whether or not the circumstantial evidence available in this case is strong enough to secure a conviction.”
The advice said since the suspect admitted to slapping his wife before her death, he was culpable.
“The suspect admitted that he slapped the deceased, which is in consonance with the autopsy report that the deceased had deep tissue-bruising of the cheeks. Though the suspect said there was an argument between them and the deceased held on to his shirt, he did not however express what led to the deceased holding on to his shirt and challenging him to a fight, neither did he state how he freed himself from the deceased.
“Secondly, there has been a history of violence against the deceased in the past, confirmed by the complainant/landlord and Bolatito Bewaji (sister). It was also stated that he would beat his wife, lock her inside and take her phone away to prevent her from getting help from neighbours. Same thing happened on May 5 and 6, 2016.
“Thirdly, the autopsy report states succinctly that the death of the deceased was not natural neither was it by a terminal disease but all the indices related the death to the possibility of a fight, leading to a brain injury and thus respiratory failure and ultimately leading to her death.”

source: http://www.punchng.com/lekan-shonde-stand-trial-wifes-murder-dpp/

1 Share

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by montezz(f): 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2016
She could have just packed up and leave, but she did not visualize what's beyond ahead....
Hmmm...R.I.P

Lalasticlala do the needful please.

3 Likes

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by samson15(m): 9:49pm On Jun 25, 2016
The advice dey predictable.
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Coolgent(m): 5:42am On Jun 26, 2016
Ok but how about husband killer? That godsaken so called lawyer

8 Likes

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by nanauju(f): 6:37am On Jun 26, 2016
anything less than a murder trial would have been unacceptable. But if he can prove his innocence, so be it

2 Likes

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by veekid(m): 7:57am On Jun 26, 2016
Marriage memes
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by brunofarad(m): 7:57am On Jun 26, 2016
Ok
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by oyetunder(m): 8:00am On Jun 26, 2016
All these deadly stories oozing out of marriages should be lessons to all the singles! Sadly however, those coming are flatly refusing to learn. The tell-tale signs are always flashing during courtships, but the 'monumental greed' being displayed by single guys and ladies is unrivalled in blinding their eyes to admit realities. Also, so many, especially ladies have 'parents' and brainless 'friends' who fuelled their greed for rich dudes without character! A friend of mine wisely refused to go with his car on the day he first met his girl's parents, the girl's father tactically refused to allow her daughter marry him. That a guy or lady is from a rich home, with a fat salary or intimidating certificate is not a guarantee that all is well. Yes, even religion could be a deceptive veil, it is not about speaking in tongues or leading the jumat... It is not always about how handsome or beautiful, not frequently about his height or her feminine apparatuses.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by lordhugo(m): 8:00am On Jun 26, 2016
May Justice be delivered.
Acquitted or condemned!
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by teekay213(m): 8:03am On Jun 26, 2016
o cryo
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by SmithHumble50: 8:06am On Jun 26, 2016
Ayah...
I pray Justice is served...
Only him and the late wife knows what really happened!
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Icecomrade: 8:08am On Jun 26, 2016
Bad
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by SmithHumble50: 8:08am On Jun 26, 2016
Coolgent:
Ok but how about husband killer? That godsaken so called lawyer

I guess bcuz she's a lawyer...with connections... They are stalling her trail and possible conviction..
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by blackboy2star(m): 8:14am On Jun 26, 2016
And she did lol ... RIP

montezz:
She could have just packed up and leave, but she did not visualize what's beyond ahead....
Hmmm...R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 26, 2016
Our legal system is a joke. This is why I love the western world and forensic analysis. How can they conveniently leave out what the coroner discovered during the autopsy report where he clearly stated the deceased had water in her brain which is medically known to cause respiratory failure and heart attack as the water applies pressure to the brain and are now focusing on her external bruises even when the same coroner also said those bruises could not have caused her death.
Water in the brain is caused by what is known as
Water intoxication, also known as water poisoning or dilutional hyponatremia, it is a potentially fatal disturbance in brain functions that results when the normal balance of electrolytes in the body is pushed outside safe limits by over-hydration. Under normal circumstances, accidentally consuming too much water is exceptionally rare. Nearly all deaths related to water intoxication in normal individuals have resulted either from water drinking contests in which individuals attempt to consume large amounts of water, or long bouts of intensive exercise during which electrolytes are not properly replenished, yet huge amounts of fluid are still consumed. Moreover, water cure, a method of torture in which the victim is forced to consume excessive amounts of water, can cause water intoxication.Water, just like any other substance, can be considered a poison when over-consumed in a specific period of time. For example, in 2003, Walter Dean Jennings, a freshman history major at SUNY Plattsburgh, died while pledging to a campus fraternity. On his last night of hazing, the 18-year-old was forced to drink gallons of water through a funnel, which caused his brain to swell from water intoxication and ultimately resulted in his death.

If indeed she engaged in a marathon sex romp for a weekend then its possible that she consumed a large amount of water quickly over a short period and this caused water poisoning.

This man may end up being jailed for what he didnt do as to me this case is a case of accidental self inflicted death on the part of the deceased.

7 Likes

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by chillbabe(f): 8:16am On Jun 26, 2016
Respiratory failure occurs when disease of the heart or lungs leads to failure to maintain adequate blood oxygen levels (hypoxia) or increased blood carbon dioxide levels (hypercapnia).[1] 

Hypoxaemic respiratory failure is characterised by an arterial oxygen tension (PaO2) of <8 kPa (60 mm Hg) with normal or low arterial carbon dioxide tension (PaCO2).
Hypercapnic respiratory failure is the presence of a and PaO2 <8 kPa.
Respiratory failure can be acute (develops within minutes or hours in patients with no or minor evidence of pre-existing respiratory disease), acute on chronic (an acute deterioration in an individual with pre-existing respiratory failure) or chronic (develops over several days or longer in patients with existing respiratory disease).[1] 

Aetiology
Common causes of type I respiratory failure
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Pneumonia.
Pulmonary oedema.
Pulmonary fibrosis.
Asthma.
Pneumothorax.
Pulmonary embolism.
Pulmonary hypertension.
Cyanotic congenital heart disease.
Bronchiectasis.
Acute respiratory distress syndrome.
Respiratory illness associated with HIV infection.[2] 
Kyphoscoliosis.
Obesity.[3] 
Common causes of type II respiratory failure
COPD.
Severe asthma.
Drug overdose, poisoning.
Myasthenia gravis.
Polyneuropathy.
Poliomyelitis.
Muscle disorders.
Head injuries and neck injuries.
Obesity.
Pulmonary oedema.
Adult respiratory distress syndrome.
Hypothyroidism.
Presentation
The cause of respiratory failure is often clear from a thorough history and physical examination. See also the separate Respiratory System History and Examination article.
If hè has a good lawyer hè might walk

2 Likes

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:17am On Jun 26, 2016
wud he b killed
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by missvera(f): 8:18am On Jun 26, 2016
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Phi001(m): 8:21am On Jun 26, 2016
poor thing........
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 26, 2016
Maybe Nigeria go change soon
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 26, 2016
chillbabe:
Respiratory failure occurs when disease of the heart or lungs leads to failure to maintain adequate blood oxygen levels (hypoxia) or increased blood carbon dioxide levels (hypercapnia).[1] 

Hypoxaemic respiratory failure is characterised by an arterial oxygen tension (PaO2) of <8 kPa (60 mm Hg) with normal or low arterial carbon dioxide tension (PaCO2).
Hypercapnic respiratory failure is the presence of a and PaO2 <8 kPa.
Respiratory failure can be acute (develops within minutes or hours in patients with no or minor evidence of pre-existing respiratory disease), acute on chronic (an acute deterioration in an individual with pre-existing respiratory failure) or chronic (develops over several days or longer in patients with existing respiratory disease).[1] 

Aetiology
Common causes of type I respiratory failure
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Pneumonia.
Pulmonary oedema.
Pulmonary fibrosis.
Asthma.
Pneumothorax.
Pulmonary embolism.
Pulmonary hypertension.
Cyanotic congenital heart disease.
Bronchiectasis.
Acute respiratory distress syndrome.
Respiratory illness associated with HIV infection.[2] 
Kyphoscoliosis.
Obesity.[3] 
Common causes of type II respiratory failure
COPD.
Severe asthma.
Drug overdose, poisoning.
Myasthenia gravis.
Polyneuropathy.
Poliomyelitis.
Muscle disorders.
Head injuries and neck injuries.
Obesity.
Pulmonary oedema.
Adult respiratory distress syndrome.
Hypothyroidism.
Presentation
The cause of respiratory failure is often clear from a thorough history and physical examination. See also the separate Respiratory System History and Examination article.
If hè has a good lawyer hè might walk

Funny enough the autopsy report clearly stated she had water in her brain and she died from respiratory failure and this speaks clearly of dilutional hyponatremia as that is the only thing that can cause water retention in the brain and the result of water in the brain in 100 out of a 100 cases is respiratory failure.

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 26, 2016
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by grandstar(m): 8:50am On Jun 26, 2016
So sad. Killing your bae.

The man may be a narcissist
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Missonas(f): 8:52am On Jun 26, 2016
naijadeyhia:

This man may end up being jailed for what he didnt do as to me this case is a case of accidental self inflicted death on the part of the deceased.

This reminds me of what someone once told me that some people are living corpses. So when you see them spoiling for a fight unnecessarily you avoid them cos even a small push can kill them and turn one to a murderer.

On the real tho' I just hope the man in wise enough to get a good lawyer that can prove all these facts beyond reasonable doubt. Nigerian police and their warped investigation already giving advice that the man is quilty

2 Likes

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by grandstar(m): 8:54am On Jun 26, 2016
Missonas

Yes some people are walking corpses!

A case like that in my secondary school.

A senior jumped someone in a fight and that was the end A case like that in my secondary school.

A senior jumped someone in a fight and that was the end

Anyway, the man na professional wife beater
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 26, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Funny enough the autopsy report clearly stated she had water in her brain and she died from respiratory failure and this speaks clearly of dilutional hyponatremia as that is the only thing that can cause water retention in the brain and the result of water in the brain in 100 out of a 100 cases is respiratory failure.
haba oga! They said she had brain injury that led to respiratory failure. How water come take enter her head. I beg read am again.
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 26, 2016
Missonas:

This reminds me of what someone once told me that some people are living corpses. So when you see them spoiling for a fight unnecessarily you avoid them cos even a small push can kill them and turn one to a murderer.

On the real tho' I just hope the man in wise enough to get a good lawyer that can prove all these facts beyond reasonable doubt. Nigerian police and their warped investigation already giving advice that the man is quilty

Yeah Nigerian Police are not educated or exposed enough to handle medical mysteries like this. If her death is being attributed to water retention in her brain which resulted in respiratory failure all they would be seeing would be respiratory failure just like they said she grabbed his shirt but he didnt say how he was able to break her grip. In their small minds they would feel he probably chocked her to death as if that is the only way respiratory failure can occur.
Silly law enforcement.
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 26, 2016
IbnIslam:
haba oga! They said she had brain injury that led to respiratory failure. How water come take enter her head. I beg read am again.

Oga u need to read the autopsy report. Nowhere did it say brain injury. What it said was water in her brain and that she died from respiratory failure.

Nobody is asking questions like, what causes water retention in the brain and what are the results of that.

Note the report did not say she had FLUID in her brain which could stand for any kind of liquid including blood.... it specifically said WATER in her brain.

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 26, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Oga u need to read the autopsy report. Nowhere did it say brain injury. What it said was water in her brain and that she died from respiratory failure.

Nobody is asking questions like, what causes water retention in the brain and what are the results of that.

Note the report did not say she had FLUID in her brain which could stand for any kind of liquid including blood.... it specifically said WATER in her brain.

Oga no one has seen the full autopsy report except the CPS and other agencys involved
Dont go by faulty journalism reporting
From what they reported it doesn't make sense anyway

The decision to take this to trail would have been after the autopsy report and other evidence has been taken into consideration
Lets wait until the trial
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by 4nobody4every1: 9:34am On Jun 26, 2016
oyetunder:
All these deadly stories oozing out of marriages should be lessons to all the singles! Sadly however, those coming are flatly refusing to learn. The tell-tale signs are always flashing during courtships, but the 'monumental greed' being displayed by single guys and ladies is unrivalled in blinding their eyes to admit realities. Also, so many, especially ladies have 'parents' and brainless 'friends' who fuelled their greed for rich dudes without character! A friend of mine wisely refused to go with his car on the day he first met his girl's parents, the girl's father tactically refused to allow her daughter marry him. That a guy or lady is from a rich home, with a fat salary or intimidating certificate is not a guarantee that all is well. Yes, even religion could be a deceptive veil, it is not about speaking in tongues or leading the jumat... It is not always about how handsome or beautiful, not frequently about his height or her feminine apparatuses.
Epic and well said cool
Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by lastpage: 9:37am On Jun 26, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So, what is the direct connection between a "Weekend Sex Romp" that she had.... and this Water poisoning?

Did she drink water through the John Thomas of her "away Lover"?

Abeg, me l nor go school o!

Break it down, bikonnu!

Lastpage!

Women! Pushing their husbands beyond limit, since Adam and Eve

2 Likes

Re: Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP by HVILLE: 9:52am On Jun 26, 2016
montezz:
Hmmm...R.I.P

am not going to support a man been physical with is wife or girlfriend to me that is stupid, but u lady's can behave like demon at time,

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo / Kidnappers' Den In Omuma, Rivers, Discovered By Abia Police / South African Police Issues Warning To South African Ladies About Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.