Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” (58410 Views)

Why Nigeria's Economy Is Failing: Case Of Amcon And Silverbird / Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by coolscott(m): 10:39am On Jun 26, 2016
princetom1:

Oga, The guy on top was trying to say, all these were happening during GEJ era and they always go Scot free. Look beyond the surfaces sometimes. Imagine if these money are readily available to be pump into businesses right now. Can u envision how many thousands of job that will be created? No big deal in owing, either through connection (Oga at d top) or merit, pay ur debt or service it, so that the masses u are claiming to help can also has an opportunity too in borrowing if need be
[size=13pt]Make I speak pidgin english for you small.

Them no dey do "oga at the top" for borrowing money in the banks.

The bank version of "oga at the top" them dey call am, "Guarantor"

Guarantor mean say you go sign with your own hand say if the person no pay na you go pay.

Anything order than that where loan day, you no be "oga at the top" (and nobody dey look your face)

So from where you imagine say GEJ or other govt official do "oga at the top" for
any of these borrowers in any of the banks across Nigeria?
[/size]

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 10:40am On Jun 26, 2016
rusher14:

I'm simply a well travelled Nigerian who understands names are not always exclusive to tribes.

Being Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or Ijaw is not a shame and one should be proud of his/her heritage.

Nevertheless, I'm consider myself a Nigerian first before identifying with my Ijaw/ Itshekiri roots.

Oh so you knew that you're well traveled, and you were quick to lie that osigwe was an Edo name

I should have asked your tribe, before wasting my time replying you. You're an ijaw/itsekiri and you're arguing with me about my place. Mtchew. I even thought I was correcting someone who wanted correction. Didn't know I was wasting my time

I hope you won't go and say Mohammed Adelusi is from Kano tomorrow.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by alt3r3g0: 10:40am On Jun 26, 2016
opendo89:
Isn't it an anomaly that 95% of these loans were taken between 31st Dec 2010 (last day of the financial year) and 31st March 2011. Was this a conspiracy?

Thats when Amcon bought the loans from the bank

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Charmarlegne: 10:41am On Jun 26, 2016
The irony of all these is that some people still think Jonathan was the best thing since slice bread. My prayer is that the bank managers and all those bank officials involved in granting these dubious loans be investigated. There's no way kickbacks were not involved in these loans. Banks and politicians are in the top 3 problems of this country.

3 Likes

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by rusher14: 10:41am On Jun 26, 2016
Etinosajay:

Oh so you knew that you're well traveled, and you were quick to lie that osigwe was an Edo name

I should have asked your tribe, before wasting my time replying you. You're an ijaw/itsekiri and you're arguing with me about my place. Mtchew. I even thought I was correcting someone who wanted correction. Didn't know I was wasting my time

I hope you won't go and say Mohammed Adelusi is from Kano tomorrow.

This is the point I'll tell you to stop talking rubbish.

There are Igbo people who bear the name Osigwe so as you have Auchi people who bear the name Osigwe.

Are you too thick or obstinate to understand that?

3 Likes

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by omolola15(m): 10:41am On Jun 26, 2016
MeanChris:
So Dangote does not owe a dime?? NAh come on... Even if its not the alleged 209billion or so.., he's gotta be owing some money

The ones on these list are probably bad debt. They are not servicing their loans. If dangote is servicing his loan. They won't publish his name.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by tbaba1234: 10:42am On Jun 26, 2016
989900:

. . . and he is busy playing big man, dashing 100 million Naira.

Essentially dashing out depositors money

2 Likes

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Niceiroko: 10:43am On Jun 26, 2016
phemmyutd:
All these thing happened from 2010 when Gej became Nigeria President.

No wonder he said he made so many Nigerians Billionaire.

How will economy not collapse with all these debts?
2007 Liar
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by ibietela2(m): 10:45am On Jun 26, 2016
Love Machine:
If these debtors have collaterals,i don't think Nigeria need amcon to take over their companies.The banks should sell off the collaterals to rêcover their debts.

You no dey hear? Amcon paid the banks now the debtors are Owings Amcon instead of the bank.

The bank doesn't have any relationship with these guys
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 26, 2016
See the Selfish people milking Nigerian tax payers Dry and their kids travel abroad to have their weddings!
Most annoying is they do not even Pay Tax!
And bloody FIRS comes harassing small businesses like us who even try to comply.
Not Miliions but Billions..wao!

2 Likes

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Niceiroko: 10:47am On Jun 26, 2016
Keneking:
One triliona Naira in the hands of characters taking undu e advantage of poor corporate governance and PDP membership.

Jonathan sef cry
dnt b bias check its 2007
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Niceiroko: 10:51am On Jun 26, 2016
Tolexander:
This is where Name Checker Association of Nairaland is needed, not the usual tribe bashing threads.

All the dates of purchase coincide with the time Goodluck Jonathan became the president of Nigeria.

Well, Goodluck Jonathan's destiny was to bankrupt Nigeria!
u r bias check it was 2007 BT his time it srted
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 10:52am On Jun 26, 2016
rusher14:

This is the point I'll tell you to stop talking rubbish.

There are Igbo people who bear the name Osigwe so as you have Auchi people who bear the name Osigwe.

Are you too thick or obstinate to understand that? [/b]

Goodluck with your delusions. Throw it at someone else. I've figured you out already. I've engaged just too many knucleheads in the past who sit behind their phone and just know everything in the world. Therefore I'm not interested in exchanging insults with you. I'll appreciate you don't quote me anymore, and keep what you think you know to yourself. Enjoy your day.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by rusher14: 10:54am On Jun 26, 2016
Etinosajay:

Goodluck with your delusions. Throw it at someone else. I've figured you out already. I've engaged just too many knucleheads in the past who sit behind their phone and just know everything in the world. Therefore I'm not interested in exchanging insults with you. I'll appreciate you don't quote me anymore, and keep what you think you know to yourself. Enjoy your day.

It is evident your pride would never allow you expand your knowledge base.

Simply do some research rather than rely on the basic things you know.

Tata.

2 Likes

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by tinsel: 10:55am On Jun 26, 2016
MeanChris:
So Dangote does not owe a dime?? NAh come on... Even if its not the alleged 209billion or so.., he's gotta be owing some money
The lists you see are people that don't service there loans. They see it as gifts.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 10:58am On Jun 26, 2016
rusher14:

It is evident your pride would never allow you expand your knowledge base.

Simply do some research rather than rely on the basic things you know.

Tata.

Google naming, and educate yourself. Your comments keep sounding dumber and dumber.

A last name spells the origin of a person. Why would I expect you to know that?
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by elvis07: 11:01am On Jun 26, 2016
U dey talk of osigwe, wat of dat maduka motor parts company owned by hausa
kayfra:

Edo name. Why is it important?

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by rusher14: 11:01am On Jun 26, 2016
Etinosajay:

Google naming, and educate yourself. Your comments keep sounding dumber and dumber.

A last name spells the origin of a person. Why would I expect you to know that?

You know why I wouldn't let up?

Because I have family friends who go by that name.
They are from the community I have mentioned yet your stubbornness resists such reality.

Who is to say such a name may not be found in Malawi or even Benin Republic?

Try to expand your horizon and stop being unnecessarily difficult.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by alabiyemmy(m): 11:04am On Jun 26, 2016
MeanChris:

If he is actively servicing his debt his name need not be there.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 11:05am On Jun 26, 2016
rusher14:

You know why I wouldn't let up?

Because I have family friends who go by that name.
They are from the community I have mentioned yet your stubbornness resists such reality.

Who is to say such a name may not be found in Malawi or even Benin Republic?

Try to expand your horizon and stop being unnecessarily difficult.

Google Anyiam osigwe michael.

Anyiam osigwe chinyere

Anyiam osigwe chukwuka

Where does it say they are from?
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by logica(m): 11:20am On Jun 26, 2016
coolscott:

Guarantor mean say you go sign with your own hand say if the person no pay na you go pay.

Anything order than that where loan day, you no be "oga at the top" (and nobody dey look your face)

So from where you imagine say GEJ or other govt official do "oga at the top" for
[/size]
Dude, what people are driving at was AMCON bought those huge debts but did NOT actively go after those debtors. If Jonathan did not lose to Buhari, it is possible these guys would've gotten away with it. And of course, guess where the money AMCON used to buy these debts came from? Aha.

2 Likes

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by cenjyl: 11:20am On Jun 26, 2016
Just 50 million naira Is what i need, I will create jobs.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by areeyor(m): 11:30am On Jun 26, 2016
19.Hotel De Island.Director Buruji Kashamu Family-10.80billion naira.so this man can owe up to this amount why his son will be flaunting thousands of dollars on IG

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by shawl: 11:38am On Jun 26, 2016
Ok, I am beginning to get the pinshur now. These guys are big time debtors right? Then the IB came along. So they got him to set up the AMCON thingy in order to evade loan servicing, right? And the IB forming creating the highest number of billionaires in Africa, right (remember the kenya private jets show)? And now that we have the no-nonsense sheriff in town, AMCON is made to sit up and truely recover the funds from the assets of the original debtors, right!

2 Likes

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Enahi(f): 11:48am On Jun 26, 2016
rusher14:

Speak to the limit or your knowledge.

Stop making emphatic statements.

I insist that Osigwe can be found in Auchi.
And I insist it is not found in Edo state, not found in Auchi. Nobody bear such names and it's also rare to the ikas and igbankes.

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by princetom1(m): 11:51am On Jun 26, 2016
coolscott:

[/size]

Let me clarify some things. No one said they all borrowed under GEJ, we saying, under GEJ, AMCON underperforming. And who told u OGA AT THE TOP doesn't play a role in d bank. Are u living in Nigeria. How many crimes are commited through these banks, how many blackmail? Defect? How come these big men's borrow without collateral? Or which collateral does some of them have? To borrow huge amount of many from different bank? How come banks hasn't taken possession of the collaterals? Oga, we are in nigeria. Pls, don't misjudged bcoz i mentioned Jonathan, i have no qualms with any of them. As long as am concerned, apc, pdp, they are same. When we see truth, lets admit it. During baba iyabo tenure, money missing, why GEJ not investigate and prosecute. I now see wailers, wailing wen some are being investigated and prosecuted. The question SANE NIGERIANS should be asking is, is those investigated really guilty? I don't care what ever reason else. If apc are realy witch hunting, they can only hide, they can run forever. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by histemple: 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2016
MeanChris:

Dangote's exclusion from that list doesn't suggest he isn't indebted. This list captured only serial defaulters hence the appendage "Chronic Debtors.

From all I know, Dangote is more indebted than all of them joined together.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by ibitzbarlow(m): 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
Tolexander:
This is where Name Checker Association of Nairaland is needed, not the usual tribe bashing threads.

All the dates of purchase coincide with the time Goodluck Jonathan became the president of Nigeria.

Well, Goodluck Jonathan's destiny was to bankrupt Nigeria!

You need to understand the difference between date of purchase of the loans and the date the loans were acquired. Date of purchase refers to the date AMCON bought over the non-performing loans and not when the loans were granted to the defaulting companies. Most of these loans were bought over by AMCON after years of non-performance to save the granting banks from liquidiy issues.

One of these loans - the one involving Seawolf comes to mind as an example. It was original granted in 2007 but bought over by AMCON in 2010 or thereabout.

Pls understand issues before you cast aspersions.

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by histemple: 12:08pm On Jun 26, 2016
olapluto:
These are the people Nigerians should fight tooth and nail to get to pay. We are here playing silly ethnopolitical games while thieves of all tribes triumph by taking BILLIONS of naira.
Mr Ifeanyi Ubah is owing over 100 Billion Naira. That is the IGR of Oyo state for 80 months, or 6.5 years.

You can now see why he wanted to become the Governor of Anambra State by all means possible.

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by taheer88(m): 12:11pm On Jun 26, 2016
kiss good. Job amcon

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Frankiss44(m): 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2016
osagix:

BIG LIES,!!!
MOST OF THE DEBTS IN QUESTION OCCURRED PRE2008 BEFORE THE BANK / STOCK MARKET CRASH IN 2008.
GEJ WAS THEN NOT PRESIDENT.
GET UR FACTS RIGHT

Bros why you dey waste your time dey lecture online miscreants?
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by coolscott(m): 12:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
logica:
Dude, what people are driving at was AMCON bought those huge debts but did NOT actively go after those debtors. If Jonathan did not lose to Buhari, it is possible these guys would've gotten away with it. And of course, guess where the money AMCON used to buy these debts came from? Aha.
[size=13pt]No. That is not what they are driving at.
This is how they have driven so far.

1) "They took these debts under GEJ. Corrupt GEJ draining the nation."

Once they saw that the dates fell within the GEJ days because that was when the debts where being bought over by AMCON to prevent the banks from bending over...

2) They insinuated these guys used "oga at the top" influence to acquire these loans

Once they saw the foolishness in suggesting GEJ influenced the bankers in deciding who to give their money to as in the form of loans...

3) You now say AMCON did not actively go after those debtors...

...of course, assuming most of us are not aware of what has been happening with AMCON over the years. Please, I for one know that AMCON has recovered debts (but not much) and their travails in trying to recover these debts has been in the public news. The challenges with regards to debt collection in general, and relationship management especially when the debt handlers have been changed, have been discussed in the public domain.

I know you don't know much about this and that just like most other Nigerians, their attention has now been draw to AMCON on account of the recent move against a senator who just happens to be popular. If that move had not been made, folks would not be freely making uninformed statements about AMCON. In fact, there are many here who had not heard the name before.

But just to throw some light on what folks in the industry know to have been the challenge of AMCON...

1) As you can see from their statement, they have 12,744 obligors

2) Are you aware they have to study all 12,744 cases individually and understand them?

3) Are you aware that they then have to establish relationships with all 12,744 individuals/legal entities?

4) Then they have to do the work of actually restructuring the debts (which of course is done on a case-by-case basis)

5) Now this does not include the personal follow ups (threatening + petting ) that must be carried out on all 12,744 (twelve thousand, seven hundred and forty four) cases

6) Some cases will need the court (will involve some court processes). How many did they end up being? 200? 100? 300?

7) These 12,744 (twelve thousand, seven hundred and forty four) legal entities are not all based in one city in Nigeria.

If you want to go after GEJ you've got to use something else. This one just doesn't cut it.

I for one would not have voted for GEJ last year if not that they pitched someone I considered a bad alternative but that does not in any way make GEJ the one who initiated the request for loans by business entities across Nigeria, nor does it make him the internal reason why these businesses failed to pay their debts.

In fact, the very thing he did, which was done publicly, was create AMCON and begin recovering the debts (to protect the banks from hurting and causing a negative effect on our economy)
[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do We Have Any Of These Helicopter gunships In Nigeria? / Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa / ISIS Envoys Attend Swearing-in Of Sani Shuwaram As New ISWAP Leader In Lake Chad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.