Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,168 members, 7,780,191 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:40 AM

How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. (9699 Views)

3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros / How To Make From $200-$2000 Building Mobile App With Zero Code..drag And Drop / Nigeria 3D Animation Studio Highbreed Animations Portfolio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 7:55am On Jun 26, 2016
People ask me, how much can you make out of animations? Do studios pay well? And all that stuff? Well they r not wrong wi dis questions but in reality, its like puting d cart before d horse. Re-phrasing this question is like saying "how much do race car drivers make? Or simply and locally "how much money do actors, engrs or doctors make?"

In life, you can be lucky sometimes but cant get away with it all d time, so "flash-in-the-pan" images that cuts corners may work until you attempt to step up to the big leagues where your true potential and creative side is put to the test. This is where the $4000/mth is. This is where the real monsters resides. Here, mocap wont help you and that "uchiha sharringa" you so claim to have developed is what will keep u there.

What i'm i saying? Thinking of the possible earnings you'll make shldnt be d first thing that comes to your mind. Get really good at animations then the doors of opportunities will begin to open for you.

In summary, "Learn how to animate well".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 4:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
Yeah and by the way, here's another rendered version of my latest animation "gerrarrahere mhen". [url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlgBEBSpeCE[url][/url]

The short was lit and rendered by Liquid Cenema, another CGI powerhouse here and in Nigeria as a whole. This is the full version guys, check it out.
Plus i'll be coming back with more updates on the topic above.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2016
Nigerians n money. I opened up two topics and the one with money is leading the other by over 50views. Na wa o.
Anyways welcome to my world and back to the topic. Making money in animations is directly proportional to how good u are. Yup, everyone wants to make money off whatever they invest in basically and that's the essence of bussiness and if the product u r selling is so bad that even the best marketing and branding wont help, then how r u making money? The answer is, uuumm u r not. And dat would mean wasted time, opportunities n resources to the extent that u could be black-balled. So if u r talking money in animations, it clearly means that u r dat good. Forget about those 0.5D animations ppl make noise with n about. Towing that line will lead you nowhere and if it has in times past, well the end for it is here. Then again this style could work for little children or if the storyline is very good, some adults could watch it too.
So this wont work n that wont work. What then will work?

1 Like

Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 3:48am On Jul 01, 2016
...Getting really good at Animations is what will work. This is the only way and it has a lot of gains and advantages attached to it too. Starting with Competition, delivery, making believable animations, timeliness and viewer friendliness. The thing about Animation is that it is Art. You cant confuse people into making them believe something otherwise from what they see. If it's good they can see it and they know. And if it's bad well dont kill yourself over it, you just have to upgrade or go about it from a different approach. This journey could take alot of time going about it on your own and by time, i mean about five years or more to really get that good (Anyone that's done otherwise can counter my assertions if i have erred). But nah that's not going to happen because they know exactly what i'm talking about.

Anyways, the market is getting bigger and more competitive even in Africa. If you are hoping to make any $50M to $200M like Pixar, BlueSky and DreamWorks does, then you really have to begin investing on yourself or very talented individuals that can go head to head with these Big Studios. This is going to take a lot more than watching YouTube videos and negotiating a "N100K as fees to learn" that you already think it's overrated. Well whichever way you see it, investing either on yourself or somebody has to happen. And they wont come cheap like tomatoes or as easy as ticking objectives in the exam hall. Animation is work. Get a Very good Mentor or you could as well email me on chimatic@gmail.com
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 3:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ok lets talk about content today. A gud script sells films and dat too appeals to animes. Afta puttin up a script, the voice over has to be accurately delivered, punching wherever its needed and mellowing ditto. Dat is a handful for a lot of us 3d animators here cuz of d voice actors inexperience. The area cartoon doesnt have dat problem wi d "i go crush u o". U get my point? Stil it dnt stop there, d animator on his own has to deliver same in his work if he intends to nail it. If a xter is trying to get up but finding it difficult, it should be seen in d anime without any form of audio. This little tip will help in making beta animes and in turn bring in more ching-chings.
Heck, all these consults for free, i should be putting em up on ma blog.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by Eberex(m): 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2016
reidkrugger:
Ok lets talk about content today. A gud script sells films and dat too appeals to animes. Afta puttin up a script, the voice over has to be accurately delivered, punching wherever its needed and mellowing ditto. Dat is a handful for a lot of us 3d animators here cuz of d voice actors inexperience. The area cartoon doesnt have dat problem wi d "i go crush u o". U get my point? Stil it dnt stop there, d animator on his own has to deliver same in his work if he intends to nail it. If a xter is trying to get up but finding it difficult, it should be seen in d anime without any form of audio. This little tip will help in making beta animes and in turn bring in more ching-chings.
Heck, all these consults for free, i should be putting em up on ma blog.

Hello Reidkrugger, hell i hope its not Freddie Krugger grin.

Please continue. I am a fan of animation.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2016
Eberex:

Hello Reidkrugger, hell i hope its not Freddie Krugger grin.

Please continue. I am a fan of animation.

Well unfortunately i am Freddie Krugger actually n i do d nytmares to animators n "-tions" as well.
I think i've said pretty much evry thing thr is to say on this topic basically. Making money in dis biznes means u've gotta b very gud at wat u do. Sentiments will/maybe keep u for a short while picking up crumbs n maybe breaking even "if u lucky".
This biznes is not one in which u can produce a 60min flick with N5M like they do to traditional features, still u've gat modellers, riggers, story boarders, writers, plenty animators including d voice actors etc.
It's simple, it's biznes. U've gat to do d unthinkable, something almost impossible to achieve. U think by buying d best Pc's with 100gig rams n 20gig gpu's will put u on d money making leverage? Dude, think again. It dont work like dat, it neva did n neva will. Here, skill is evrythin.
WELCOME TO ANIMATION.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by Eberex(m): 4:11pm On Jul 25, 2016
reidkrugger:

Well unfortunately i am Freddie Krugger actually n i do d nytmares to animators n "-tions" as well.
I think i've said pretty much evry thing thr is to say on this topic basically. Making money in dis biznes means u've gotta b very gud at wat u do. Sentiments will/maybe keep u for a short while picking up crumbs n maybe breaking even "if u lucky".
This biznes is not one in which u can produce a 60min flick with N5M like they do to traditional features, still u've gat modellers, riggers, story boarders, writers, plenty animators including d voice actors etc.
It's simple, it's biznes. U've gat to do d unthinkable, something almost impossible to achieve. U think by buying d best Pc's with 100gig rams n 20gig gpu's will put u on d money making leverage? Dude, think again. It dont work like dat, it neva did n neva will. Here, skill is evrythin.
WELCOME TO ANIMATION.

Are you a tutor? Do you have your own school of animation? Considering what you have said so far, its either of the two.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2016
Eberex:

Are you a tutor? Do you have your own school of animation? Considering what you have said so far, its either of the two.

Tutor but online for now.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by Eberex(m): 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2016
reidkrugger:

Tutor but online for now.

How does that work?
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hi Freddie Krugger, I'm Yomi, a professional digital artist. Would just like to meet you for some behing the door discussions.

Could U drop ur mail, and if you wouldn't want to drop it in public here, sofeco@gmail.com is my mail.

Thanks.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by Durosure(m): 8:28pm On Jul 25, 2016
please I want to learn sureboy5@gmail.com
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 11:42pm On Jul 25, 2016
Eberex:

How does that work?

Simple, i teach students whatever it is i have to about Animations but its online. Only meeting them whenever it's absolutely necessary. See it as me breaking down those Animation videos that you do not understand wink. Otherwise you wouldn't need me in the first place. Hope this is clear enough.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 11:44pm On Jul 25, 2016
Durosure:

I hear you sureboy. send me an email.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 11:45pm On Jul 25, 2016
Durosure:

I hear you sureboy. Send an email to ochelifred@gmail.com to know the requirements and cost of tutoring.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 11:47pm On Jul 25, 2016
sofeco:
Hi Freddie Krugger, I'm Yomi, a professional digital artist. Would just like to meet you for some behing the door discussions.

Could U drop ur mail, and if you wouldn't want to drop it in public here, sofeco@gmail.com is my mail.

Thanks.

Sorry about the delay. Here's my email address: ochelifred@gmail.com
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by Eberex(m): 9:50am On Jul 26, 2016
reidkrugger:

Simple, i teach students whatever it is i have to about Animations but its online. Only meeting them whenever it's absolutely necessary. See it as me breaking down those Animation videos that you do not understand wink. Otherwise you wouldn't need me in the first place. Hope this is clear enough.

Thank you, yes it makes sense. Can we go offline for quicker communication? abwuz2000@gmail.com
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 10:59am On Jul 26, 2016
Eberex:

Thank you, yes it makes sense. Can we go offline for quicker communication? abwuz2000@gmail.com

sent u mail. bt ddnt think u got it. i hv email issues. will resend wi former mail.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 10:26am On Aug 26, 2016
In the course of learning how to animate very well, i lost contact with my otherwise earthly self meaning, i no longer listened to the radio, watch t.v attend social gatherings etc, almost making me a hermit. Ok, fast-forward to last week friday trying to pass time with the decoder and i see the super striker episode on dstv.it was a wonderful feeling. one that brought about hope that a Nigerian program is respectfully aired and paid for even though they are not on par with the other BIG STUDIOS abroad.

These guys started from somewhere drawing comics and now they are here on a grander stage. The next thing you know, they might be talking of an animation block-buster in dollars. Yeah, that's how i think, in dollars and that's why i put in my all in achieving my goals because i want to be paid well. It's ok to think locally if you like but the most important thing in this trade is to learn how to Animate well. Nothing will wait for you, the world is spinning and whether you have the resources for learning how to animate or not, will not sop the rotations. An opportunity gone is an opportunity not likely to be gained. If you are thinking making money of Animations, then you could begin by learning how to animate, or look for capable hands and come as an investor.

In the next topic i'll be talking of how you can find a mentor and how you are sure that he can mentor you through the Animation Process.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 11:27am On Aug 29, 2016
As soon as i praised nepa here on NL, they started misbehaving. Its almost like someone here is thr staff monitoring me. Well, i've done nada since then, still i've been busy wi other stuffs n d time to return to construction for me is fast approaching. Ok, today i'm gon b talkin abt mentorship.
A mentor is supposed to show u d way, b ur guide n help u on ur journey or path in ur new quest. He cant giv u wat he doesn't have n u look up to him for answers to a lot of questions. A mentor is almost like google. U get d pikcha?
In animations almost everyone knows d principles n can either recite em verbartim or mk a song of em. U hear them xplain n list em out n u r like "oh boy, wow". Well it dnt work like dat sunny. Knowin n applying r two different tinz, so d fact dat he can list out diz principles dnt mk him an animator. Chances r dat u guys r on same level. Do not b decieved, in dis era of change every kobo matters so b careful abt choices.
U wanna know how good he is? Ask him for his jobs before u commit.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
reidkrugger:
As soon as i praised nepa here on NL, they started misbehaving. Its almost like someone here is thr staff monitoring me. Well, i've done nada since then, still i've been busy wi other stuffs n d time to return to construction for me is fast approaching. Ok, today i'm gon b talkin abt mentorship.
A mentor is supposed to show u d way, b ur guide n help u on ur journey or path in ur new quest. He cant giv u wat he doesn't have n u look up to him for answers to a lot of questions. A mentor is almost like google. U get d pikcha?
In animations almost everyone knows d principles n can either recite em verbartim or mk a song of em. U hear them xplain n list em out n u r like "oh boy, wow". Well it dnt work like dat sunny. Knowin n applying r two different tinz, so d fact dat he can list out diz principles dnt mk him an animator. Chances r dat u guys r on same level. Do not b decieved, in dis era of change every kobo matters so b careful abt choices.
U wanna know how good he is? Ask him for his jobs before u commit.

U neva see chomtin with Nepa...

How is the food cooking? I Cant wait to preview.

There should be exclusive preview tickets grin cool
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 2:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
kazuna:

U neva see chomtin with Nepa...

How is the food cooking? I Cant wait to preview.

There should be exclusive preview tickets grin cool

My broda, d tickets na over xclusive sef. Well wether they like it or not na dat thr light i go take finish up d animation. Almost done too but dnt just want to spend money on fuel.
Also i think i've over animated d xters as i'm confused on how or whom to focus d cam on d most since i ddnt want to shift it much. Thank God i animated everytin abt both of them. Well lets see how it goes. But i'll post a WIP or teaser b4 dis week runs out. Thanks for checkin tho.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
reidkrugger:

My broda, d tickets na over xclusive sef. Well wether they like it or not na dat thr light i go take finish up d animation. Almost done too but dnt just want to spend money on fuel.
Also i think i've over animated d xters as i'm confused on how or whom to focus d cam on d most since i ddnt want to shift it much. Thank God i animated everytin abt both of them. Well lets see how it goes. But i'll post a WIP or teaser b4 dis week runs out. Thanks for checkin tho.

Before now, u animate ur xters only when the camera is on them?
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
kazuna:

Before now, u animate ur xters only when the camera is on them?

No. I dont. Matter of fact for me the camera comes last. But if i was to animate just one xter focusing on d camera like a news cast then that would be a different story.
This shot has so much actions than neccessary n if i no capture all of them, na me loose as it would end up been a waste of animating time. And i cant afford that. I guess i'll tell one story with different shots.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by Iyke123: 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
good day NLers, can any animator send me Xray CAT plugin for 3d maxs
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2016
Up till dis moment nepa has refused to help ur broda wi thr light. So i'm just lying down here wi some projects waiting for me to complete while i contemplate eating my words n powering up d gen. They've in a way killed my morale or maybe its just me trying to do something else.
Well, dis buttresses what i always say as a first rule in animation. "Never rely on nepa if u want to go far". They'll kill ur zeal n ur dream.
I'll give them 6more hours n afta dat, Bleep em. Hmmm, or mayb i shld go work on my scripts. Eerrr, nah. Lemme chill out first.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2016
Up till dis moment nepa has refused to help ur broda wi thr light. So i'm just lying down here wi some projects waiting for me to complete while i contemplate eating my words n powering up d gen. They've in a way killed my morale or maybe its just me trying to do something else.
Well, dis buttresses what i always say as a first rule in animation. "Never rely on nepa if u want to go far". They'll kill ur zeal n ur dream.
I'll give them 6 more hours n afta dat, Bleep em. Hmmm, or mayb i shld go work on my scripts. Eerrr, nah. Lemme chill out first.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by Iyke123: 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
reidkrugger:
I'll give them 6 more hours n afta dat, Bleep em. Hmmm, or mayb i shld go work on my scripts. Eerrr, nah. Lemme chill out first.
q

baba, am guessing you use Autodeck maya, almost all 9ja 3d animators uses maya, I use 3d maxs and using morph for face rig n bone aint working for me, takes lots of time calculating stuff, kinda need xray cat plugin for 3d maxs if you got it
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2016
Iyke123:
q

baba, am guessing you use Autodeck maya, almost all 9ja 3d animators uses maya, I use 3d maxs and using morph for face rig n bone aint working for me, takes lots of time calculating stuff, kinda need xray cat plugin for 3d maxs if you got it

Oh sorry, i meant to quote u formerly. I use 3dsmax as well n i use d CAT rig just like it comes. No xtra plugin.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by Iyke123: 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2016
reidkrugger:

Oh sorry, i meant to quote u formerly. I use 3dsmax as well n i use d CAT rig just like it comes. No xtra plugin.

ok, I also use the CAT rig tool in 3d maxs, do you use morph target for your face rig,
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by nijabazaar: 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
I love this kinda bio talk, you guys now have your threads.

Its entertaining and spotlights your vairous attempts (the success and the bitting fustrations) at perfecting una work.

I wish i have enouf money, i'd open up a hub for everytging CG, all u guys will be running the thang, no beaurecrats.

Love you all.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. by reidkrugger(m): 9:57pm On Aug 30, 2016
Iyke123:

ok, I also use the CAT rig tool in 3d maxs, do you use morph target for your face rig,

Ya, i do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Portfolio As A Graphics Designer For 2016 Follow If You Love Them. / Happy New Month (I Don Port To July) / Olanrewaju Tejuoso Wins The Prix Du Ministère Sénégalais At Dak’art 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.