Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? (4437 Views)

How Will U React If Yur Bf Does Such A Romantic Thing(photo) / The Most Romantic Thing Your Partner Has Ever Said To You. / What Is The Most Romantic Thing A Nigerian Girl Did For You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by disney(f): 10:22pm On Nov 20, 2005
Hi, to my Nigerian ladies, what is the most romantic thing that a Nigerian guy has ever done for you? Name it all. l know nigerian guys are not romantic but maybe they might be romantic in their own little way.

To me, l felt flattered when l told my man to arrive at the metro station 30 minutes before l get there and infact, he was there an hour before l got there. That's romantic to me. What about you?
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by icingbaby(f): 5:55am On Nov 28, 2005
i have never dated a Nigerian guy, so i don't have one. smiley
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by Renike(f): 6:15am On Nov 28, 2005
lol @ icingbaby...
true dat...neva dated one..
but seriously, they shld leave the poems at home lol
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by idiotboop(f): 4:14pm On Nov 28, 2005
Nigerian guy, Romance?mmm... does water and oil mix?
Been out with four in my life time and when ever romance was attempted it came off all wrong. I think their imagination can only be stretched so far, maybe i am too demanding? Well i dont date nigerians no mo!

L8tr
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by ocho(f): 2:10am On Nov 29, 2005
*thinking* ...........NOTHING that i can really call romantic! Nigerian guys, shame on you!
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by snazzydawn(f): 3:37am On Nov 29, 2005
ocho:

*thinking* ...........NOTHING that i can really call romantic! Nigerian guys, shame on you!
You have not met the good ones yet,so don't generalise ooo!!!
The most romantic thing a guy did for me was when he came to see me in my department.He was like,I just came to tell you something.I was like,what?He said,"I love you"I opened my mouth,closed it,opened,closed,by then he had walked away.I was walking on clouds that day!!!
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by showlankie(m): 3:26pm On Nov 29, 2005
CAN i have your attention please? where and where have you been to? who and who have you been out with? loadz of nigerian fellas could be romantinc if they wanted to, some could be if you made yourselves(ladies) for romance and some others are just romantic by birth lol. romanve in nigeria cant be all like the western side but all the same the true meaning of romance lies in our hearts...
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by allonym: 3:26pm On Nov 29, 2005
disney:

Hi ,to my nigerian ladies,what is the most romantic thing that a nigerian guy has ever done for you.............name it all. l know nigerian guys are not romantic but maybe they might be romantic in their own little way.

To me, l felt flattered when l told my man to arrive at the metro station 30 minutes before l get there and infact,he was there an hour before l got there. thats romantic to me . What about u.

If my SO tells me to be somewhere 5 minutes before they arrive and I get there 30 seconds before they do, I can be romantic by saying that I've been waiting an hour?
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by Outkast(f): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2005
I think you guys are really being unfair to nigerian men.I think it would be better to say that they're not ALL romantic, but there are alot of them. I'm fortunate to be going out with one right now. I've truly been blessed. He's always there to listen, he writes me poems, I get thoughtful gifts(I'm not talking about the occasional birthday,christmas,anniversary gifts) I'm talking spurr of the moment and yes he was born and raised in Nigeria.
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by showlankie(m): 4:12pm On Nov 29, 2005
thank you "outcast"
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by ocho(f): 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2005
yes! i have listened to y'all and i accept the fact that I shouldn't have generalized, my bad! But honestly, the ones i have met, (esp my ex) were very very far from being romantic. It's like they don't even know what that word means or they probably do and just don't care. Oh well! but if i do come across one(a romanic Nigerian guy) in the nearest future, i'll definately let y'all know grin but for now, i am sticking to my answer as being ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by snazzydawn(f): 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2005
@ ocho-no wonder you are now claiming my 2face.I now see.Because he is very romantic!!! grin
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by allonym: 7:41pm On Nov 29, 2005
most guy's i've talked to don't fully understand what women mean by romantic.

Here is an example:

A guy has a girlfriend. One day, he's at her apt when she's out. He decides to clean up her place, have food ready when she gets back, and buy flowers to freshen up the place, why - well, she usually has it clean and had live flowers. As for the food, he feels that he owes her that every once in a while. The girl gets home and is "WOW" you are soo romantic. The guy is like. . .(to himself) really. . .i didn't do anything special.

There is no strict definition of romantic. . . i think it is unrealistic to expect a guy to know exactly what you feel is romantic. If there is something you want, you gotta make it known in plain english or whatever language you like to speak. Guys aren't going to attempt to read between any lines.
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by ocho(f): 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2005
but they should! some of us(girls) do!!!! Anyway, just English? tust me, i have used hausa, Yoruba and Igbo (ok, maybe i am exagerating a little bit cheesy) but some just don't get it, it's kind of funny in a way! oh well!
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by allonym: 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2005
guys tend to be upfront and don't like hidden meanings unless they are playing some girl or flirting.  For most serious conversation, its annoying to them when someone seems to be all worked up about something and then they later find out the conversation was actually about some other topic.
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by allonym: 9:34pm On Nov 29, 2005
as to the topic, think about this: what romantic things do girls do for guys?
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by babe1(f): 7:29am On Aug 14, 2006
Well mine would be when my husband called and ordered me a nice bouquet of Roses and Wild flowers for my birthday while he was in Nigeria on business and could not be with me in the US for my birthday and since you asked , the second being when he proposed to me on valentines day and he waited till the day was almost over. I had a feeling that it( the proposal) was going to happen but i was almost giving up it might when it happened. I thought that was very romantic. Or like they said in this movie i saw, " That was very Romantical"
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by babe1(f): 7:30am On Aug 14, 2006
allonym:

as to the topic, think about this: what romantic things do girls do for guys?

You can start Your own topic with that. Just contribute to this while your here at least.
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by anniebear(f): 9:49am On Aug 14, 2006
some niaja guys r really romantic like mine, cos he cooks for me even wen i go to visit him and im suppose to do do the cooking he still assk me to sit while he do the cooking.
but wat really triped me once was, he was at my place and my clothes were scattered all over the place, he ironed everything and arranged it in my box neatly i really triped wen i saw that.
so my friends not all niaja guys r the same.
i can stand for him anytime anywhere
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by mathways(m): 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2006
well I don't what to say.Most Nigerian girls I know always say we are not romantic.I just don't understand what they mean by that.And besides, why make such generalisations?It's quite annoying.My girlfriend just read the comments fellow Nigerians wrote and was wondering if that's how all Nigerians.She always tell me that I'm the most romantic person she's ever met.
Although I've never dated a Nigerian(my girlfriend's Russian),I want all you ladies out there to know that I personally can list lots of Nigerian guys here,some going out with fellow Nigerians and they doing their stuff right.
Thatz why I find it difficult to understand why most Nigerian ladies always complain that we are not romantic.Can u explain to me what we Nigerian guys need to do that we aint doing?I'll be pleased to hear from u, as for me,though I'm not perfect,I know I'm not lagging in any way, so I await ur responses-this is to all your beautiful Nigerian queens, Ma love to y'all,
Mcyoh of spb
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by Bosdem(f): 11:04am On Sep 14, 2007
A Nigerain guy has actually washed my undies, and i think thats romantic
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by lawisong(m): 3:26pm On Sep 14, 2007
Hello dear, i think we have a serious problem here. That is the problem i'll like to refer to "social programming". It's a shame that our naija babes have been wrongly programmed since childhood to believe that for a guy to be romanitic then he must behave exactly like the characters they've been reading about in Mills & Boon, or be the stereotype the guys in those James Hardly Chase romantic novel they've been secretly reading while their parents were asleep. To worsen the situation, the emergence of nollyhood has made almost every girl to expect that all guys should behave like Ramsel Noah or Saint Obi before they can say we men are romantic. But you know what? Ladies all that one na wayo. Relationships are not bed of roses. If you must expect romantic behavior from the guys, you first have to proved to him that you deserve such? Don't expect Nigerian guys to come to your house with a bouquet of flowers and a sheepish smile like James Bond before you know we are romantic because we are nigerians and have our own style and the sooner you come to realise that the better for you because Nigerian guys are the most romantic men on earth. Learn to appreciate our own naija romantic gesture which you seem to be so ignorant of and don't expect us to play foreign romantic scripts for you, we are real men not actors.
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by toyee: 5:23pm On Sep 14, 2007
romantic u said.wen i was in school abu zaria .i was dating an airforce guy.he flew ajet over my school hostel 2 tell me goodbyewen he came visiting to jaji.
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by nero4ks(m): 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2007
hey all out of alll what u guys av said in your own ways am happy cos it make sense but i must say that the only thing that could be the best answer 4 this forum is the one that was given by lawisong u are wonderful. Anyguy that has you doesnt no wat he has. Am not playing but i feel she is the most romantic lady on earth
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by lawisong(m): 11:29am On Sep 24, 2007
Thanks Nerok for the compliment but let me set the records straight by stating here that lawisong is a guy not a babe. hahahaah. It's my fault sha, i failed to indicate that in my profile but i'm sure it is noted now.
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by afrodixie: 7:01pm On Sep 24, 2007
@Topic-----------just a plain old back rub, while scratchin' all the bumps and singing me to sleep! kiss

heavenly dreams! cool
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by osisi5: 7:16pm On Sep 24, 2007
told me I was the only sugar in his kool aid grin

the drop of carnation in his custard.

that loving me is sweeter than Asata suya
(asata is a popular neighborhood in Enugu with killer suyas )

Telling me that after God made me,he staggared back and exclaimed "The girl is good!!!!!!!!!"
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by adeboo(f): 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2007
Nope, i have dated nija guys all ma life and none of them have ever done anything romantic for me sha.
Maybe caring -probably taken care of me while i was ill (but i was pregnant with his baby) so he had to. He bought me amala and okro which was my favourite food while i was pregnant. Paid for taxi rides, clothes, etc.
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by sanrima(f): 8:04am On Sep 25, 2007
romantic! hnm, it depends om wat u feel is romantic to u cos it might not really be romantic to the next person. as for me i,v come across lots of nigerian guys dat are very romantic in their own little ways, when a guy goes out of his way to do those minor things just to relieve u of the stress even without u asking, i think thats quite romantic.
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by sallysexy(f): 8:52am On Sep 25, 2007
am married to one, my husband is veeeeeeeeeery romantic kiss
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by BASETSANA(f): 8:58am On Sep 25, 2007
l am currently dating one and hes the most romantic man l have ever
seen,hes always there when l need him the most,what more can l ask for really
l appreciate him
Re: Most Romantic Thing a Nigerian Man Has Ever Done for You? by jkpretty(f): 10:04am On Sep 25, 2007
@lawisong

Ur reply couldn't be overlooked--nice one wink

Life is a give & take, sow & reap. U can't be unromantic & expect romantic.

Some attitude of we ladies actually needs questioning, at times.

A guy gives a lady flowers-roses, d lady says "it makes him look like a dummy",

He washes/irons some of her clothes, & she says "He's too all over me, i'll prefer it if he acts like, he doesn't send me"

& when he starts this "doesn't send me attitude" u want all d love back, & scream he's not romantic angry *ask christiana millan in love don't cost a thing*

Romantic is in me, If u ur guy/lady isn't romantic u can teach how to be, wit d way u do, they'll learn. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Are A Virgin Read This / When Your Girlfriend Start Forming 'Busy' For You... / Help Please, Can My Girlfriend Be Pregnant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.