Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

List Of The 11 Most Lucrative Agricultural Ventures In Order of Importance - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / List Of The 11 Most Lucrative Agricultural Ventures In Order of Importance (6916 Views)

Top 17 Lucrative Farming Ventures In Nigeria & Africa In Order Of Significance / The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm / Setting Up A Profitable Agro Ventures In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of The 11 Most Lucrative Agricultural Ventures In Order of Importance by Ade3000yrs(m): 11:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
List Of The 11 Most Lucrative farming venture in Nigeria in their significant orders: Be you a Medical Doctor, Professor, Lecturer, Civil and Electrical Engineer, Chartered Accountant, Senior Banker, Politician, Architect, Business man, Clergy, or a Teacher, for a fulfilling career and long life, you will always have to embrace nature and end up a farmer as the most revered calling and profession in life. That is to say the most expensive in life surely comes freely in Nature.
The most expensive things in life comes freely in Nature. Talk about the air you breath, land, sand, trees, vegetables, food and water, little do we know that these seemingly little things which typifies everything green and graceful should be the most expensive in life but believe me they are not. People say money don't grow on trees but believe me, paradoxically it does. The sand and earth you walk on everyday is an invaluable assets but little do we know that. 
Let's say you were giving an option to chose between an acre of land in the rural area with adequate power supply provisions to keep up with the world and for media and info and also to be given another 1 million dollar to settle in the city, which will you chose, am sure alot of us will jump at the offer and option of the 1 million dollar to spend the rest of our life in the city engaging in productive venture. Believe me, the option of life in the Rural is a ticket to longer life span while the other is unnecessarily a set up for a quick funeral. The city life is the same in almost all the developed part of the world except in places like Germany, Poland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Finland and some part of Canada that's why the economic activities is far quite different from the rest of the world. 
Without any offence meant and apology, I must assert that the office of a farmer is far valuable and dignified than that of a medical doctor. Both deal with with life but the farmer provides and rejuvenate life with food provision but the medical doctor employ mechanized procedures and complex skills to preserve life. Why is d sand invaluable and equitable to wealth and life?? without sand and fresh air, possibility of life is zero. A seed sowed to the ground has the potential to bring forth more unlike the diagnosis and prognosis of a medical doctor.
Irregardless of lack of access to sufficient medical facilities and provisions, believe me, 85% of people with longer life span are people from the Rural areas with access to the tender arms of Nature. The fresh fruits and vegetables and industrial with chemical free products are far life saving compare to whats obtainable in the Cities and Urban centers. 
Continue neglect for agriculture will continue to translate financial bankruptcy, economic sabotage, hampered salary payments, hampered salary mercy and favouritism, strives, mortgages, joblessness and unemployment, food shortages, soft loans applications, grants and aides anticipations, commodity price hike, State bankruptcy and bail out from the Federal government, foreign aides and world bank that will never come and when it does, it comes with neck cutting strings attached. That God blessed Abraham in the Bible with the value of the sands of the sea is not a coincident. Believe me, there is more money in the things 95% of us least expect especially in the area of Agriculture.
Alot of us knows Brazil as a football Country but do you know that 92% of its revenue is from its export and local Agricultural ventures? Today Brazil is one of the top 5 Countries dominating the Agricultural export market; from plantain to banana, fruits, vegetables, oil palm production, soybean and livestock export products, Brazil get its fair share of the worlds market. Brazil export and prospect market are the European Countries, Asia and the Northern American countries to include the USA and Canada.
  A miseducated child is a child lost. I believe there exist a natural synergy between Music, Entertainment, Sports, Education and Agriculture which we for a tangible wealth creation for the teeming populace. Believe me, in Nigeria, I look at people in the Mega Cities and I am perplexed about the rave culture and trends as I only see lost and people primitive in thinking in an age of machine where everything should be flying and not crawling. Sometimes I wander if people ever go to school but believe me as I discovered that we Nigerians go to school more than the Europeans, Australians, Asians and the Americans as the education trend is 100% quantitative and 0.04% quantitative and if I must recommend, the regular Nigerian institution is unfit to produce youths with shimmering future.
This harsh reality is the reasons the rich won't allow their kids to school in Nigeria but rather opt to pay through their nose for their kids to have a foreign education, its as if the feasible government policies and the real determinant and hands of change for an effective change go for an all year round vacation.
  My concern is for the up coming youths still dreaming of an elusive life in the city. I have seen it all and the blue print of the structures of the Nigeria mega cities and I discovered its nothing but a tempting and a rebranded emptiness. I was born and brought up in Lagos, and having been a resident of Lekki, Ajah, Victoria Island and Surulere Axis and also had considerable time in some other mega cities and I discovered its all buried in bricks of lies. Almost Every industrialist don't pray for steep competition that will phase them out of business ,and I believe Dangote don't want you wake up from your sleep. A time will come you will be forced to throw away your neck tie and roll up your sleeves and be ready to get your hands on dirts with the sand and facals of livestock and possibly relocate from the city when the economic heat and endeared health hazards and implications are about to topple and raise the roof. I pray it doesn't hit you and I like a train unexpectedly.
 That the American dollar bill is green is not a coincidence but it is connected to Agriculture which depicts strengths, youthfulness, abundance and Agricultural strength. Same goes for the Nigerian flag and as such Nigeria as a country should be one of the worlds richest if we had followed duly the Legacy of the British modelled for Agriculture. Just as every lands appreciate in value with time just every tree and plants on earth has its economic and medicinal significance; permits me to say that truly money grow on trees and the sand you thread on everyday is money.
I was a teacher in Lagos for good 16 years before I received the light for farming which suggested my diversification in times of compressing changes. When changes and challenges stakes are way too high, its either we innovate or we die! perhaps a quick or slow financial emotional death. The only Challenge in farming in Nigeria is the problem of theft inadequacy of ample information. Even when you cannot afford the service of the Nigerian police patrol, you can employ the service of foreign breed dogs to ward off unwanted persons on your farm lands and trespassers. Dogs don't negotiate with intruders unlike security men who could be tip off agents working hand in hand with thieves. 4 to 6 dogs patrol at night on your acres of farmland is enough to make you go to bed with your 2 eyes closed. 

Little do alot of us know that, feed mill business, vegetables, tomatoes and pepper production are more lucrative than fishery and poultry business put together to a large extent as most of the imputed are farm by products, waste and readily cheaply sourced. Here are a few list of the most lucrative and cost effective agricultural venture in their relative significant order.

1. Snailery
2. Piggery 
3. Rabbit & Grasscutter  
4. Vegetables along with spice crop such as pepper, tomatoes, and root crops as such cassava, yam,  potatoes, plantain and Banana
5. Fishery 
6. Cash crops: Cowpea, Rice, Bambara but and groundnuts,  Soyabean, Cashew, Cocoa, Wheat, Bitter Cola and Kolanuts, Barley & Flour, Maize, Fruits and Mangoes for industrial plants both for local and the export markets.
7. Farm Supplies, Chemicals, Improved and exotic seedlings, herbicides and pesticides and farm tractor sales and hiring.
8. Poultry products
9. Animal Feed Mill & Processing and Branding Plants for Wheat & Flour Mill with Macaroni and Spaghetti, cash crops polishing, processing and bagging and tomatoes. This group includes Dairy plants for Cheese, Yoghurt, milk factories and fruits processing plants, Household consumable Processing plants for, Can foods,  beverages and baby foods and poultry products and cash crop processing plants. This where the elite falls and throw in their billions and billions for serious commercial agriculture and the brand names are Nestle Foods, Breweries, Guiness, Dangote, Indommie Noodles, Honey well, Gino, Obasanjo and Folawuyo farms, Cargil, Heinz foods, Kellogs, Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola. This are the people who dictate the countries economy and the stock or Capital Market to a large extent due to their blue chip and formidable brands. 
10. Ruminant animals such as goats, rams and Cattle, milk and cheese making, branding and processing with yoghurt factories. 
11. Fruits: fruit farming should be the last option in Nigeria as we lack the industrial and commercial culture for consumption of fruits and a few vegetables and salads alongside with a bad consumption culture for yoghurt, milk, cheese and dairy product. If you must venture into this last and industrial kind of production you must do your maths and count your cost because its capital intensive and its what makes Nestlé Foods and Unilever the biggest brand in the world today in baby food, beverages, dairies and house hold consumables followed by Pepsi Cola, Coca Cola in its tail today with presence in almost all the countries of the World  just as it is in Nigeria today. Agricultural practise in Nigeria due to lack of the rightful information for maximum results and has 90% of Nigerian farmers produce goes to waste due to lack of strong marketing base line, excessive inputs on chemical and fertilizers, lack of storage and processing provisions due to lack of ample information to employ conventional alternatives as it is practiced in the developed part of the world so as to maximise both the Local and Export Market, farmers suffers huge loss without a tangible return on investment. Amidst all this worries Nigeria looses alot to the tune of #800 Billion Naira to imported food as little as cash crops, rice, beans, plantain, banana, oil palm, processed starch, cassava and Garri,  mushrooms, dairy and poultry products from Benin Republic, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Chad, Kenya, South Africa, Mali, Niger, Ghana and yet Dogote, Nestle foods, Coca Cola and Pepsi, The Nigerian Breweries, Unilever still make their profit and the most of the chaos that has crippled and fested the Nigerian food production and supply system. All the heavy duty and covered long vehicles that you see plying the Nigerian high way and rail tramp you see everyday, where do you think they are going and where do you think they are coming from?? The Ongoing Bill Gates bidding to invest heavily in the Nigerian Agricultural Sector to include The Jewish, The Arab Emirate Oil Sheiks and Lebanese that comes to Nigeria to do business, where do you think they have their investment portfolio concentrated Don't let anybody fool you that this people are coming for our Oil, hotel and hospitality business. Their only interest is in Agriculture. I bet your yet to find out as alot are going on under your nose that someone does not pray you wake up from your elusive dreams and vague pursuits.
In everything in life, you can not annihilate the place of knowledge and extensive efforts and resources poured into research. Knowledge is Power and Such is Agronomy which we must make effort to best put to use.
  With the way alot of us Sardine d mega city states, Dangote prays that you and I should never wake up from our elusive dreams cos d day u do is d day his nightmare and competition tightens up and his chance of been the Richest African reduces and becomes more steep. For farming consultation, To buy your improved seedlings, farming chemicals, ideal livestock for breeding and to set up your snail farm or pen, piggery, rabbit and grass cutter,  fishery, poultry, and ruminant animal farm, and foreign breed dogs for security purposes on farmlands and in your residents, You can reach or watsapp me on 09099176956. Also acres of farm lands are still available at Ede in Osun and for 100k. For those in need of agriculture feasibility study and modelled agriculture venture proposal to solicit for funds, you can reach me as well, www.greenharrisburg..co.ke. I am trying to establish a network of relaiable downline link with prospective and intending partners where alot of potential persons can key into and benefits as this is meant to create a circle or pool of resourceful wealth. I will also want u to re edit this article and repost to your contact down lines. Let's save ourselves of expensive talk like the Nigerian legislative House and improvise actions in due course. We all complain of no money, no money but we dey chop and ATM machine dey vomit money, where are d food and money coming from?? Buharri farm, Obasanjo farm or Jonathan's farm or Bank? Nigeria is a Jewel on the belt of the Savanna and also a Jewel across the rainforest and delta of the Central and West African Belt. Nigeria are natural awesome people with fantastic energy, we must together help channel this resource elements for the greater good of our people. United we stand and Divided we fall. www.winterbaker.com

Re: List Of The 11 Most Lucrative Agricultural Ventures In Order of Importance by HeGeMon(m): 8:52am On Jun 27, 2016
Nice write up about Agriculture on your blog,a very very educative & inspiring cool
Re: List Of The 11 Most Lucrative Agricultural Ventures In Order of Importance by olakings: 12:25pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hello peeps, one of our colleague as been selected for best ideas in "global" youth citizens entrepreneurship competition , which is a global competition , but will be needing ur help to move to nxt stage by following dis link https://www.entrepreneurship-campus.org/ideas/4/1934 pls kindly vote and repost
kingjaheed Royal Palm
It is an agricultural innovative business focus mainly on palm oil production and every other resources within it .it is well known that the usage of palm oil cannot be underestimated in these present world, it is widely use in so many sector of production; from the food processing company, pharmace...
entrepreneurship-campus.org
Re: List Of The 11 Most Lucrative Agricultural Ventures In Order of Importance by tolutee(f): 4:49pm On Sep 05, 2019
Good Afternoon Pls which one is more lucrative; cocoa business or to be a Nigerian brewery distributor. Thanks a lot
Re: List Of The 11 Most Lucrative Agricultural Ventures In Order of Importance by BillyPro: 7:16pm On Mar 18, 2020
CATFISH SALES ALERT
Healthy and Fast-Growing Clarias, Post-fingerlings and Juveniles ready for sale.
Call/Whatapp: 08160616886
Waybill Services available upon request.
Re: List Of The 11 Most Lucrative Agricultural Ventures In Order of Importance by Ttalk: 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2020
Introducing Shutters Seed (Juvenile ) to Nigeria.

Healthy and fast growing juvenile.

Phone: zero eight zero three eight eight seven six nine

(1) (Reply)

Pkc Available Only In Ibadan / ASA Mangala dried fish In Cartons (pics) / Nigeria Set To Overtake Ivory Coast, Ghana On Cocoa Sustainability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.