Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,546 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:45 PM

Do First Impressions Stick? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do First Impressions Stick? (3475 Views)

Ladies: What Are Your Impressions About Guys That Keep Finger Nails. / Do First Impressions Really Matter? / 10 Reasons Women Stick With Men That Beat Them... No 9 Will shock You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by tmny: 3:50am On Sep 07, 2009
I think I will like to chip in this:

Some people don't tolerate nonsense, so they judge you by your first action.

So, to those class of people, first impression will surely stick.
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by iice(f): 4:20am On Sep 07, 2009
na2day?:

wetin? can't i fit talk true again? angry angry angry

Nope grin

Secretz:

It shouldn't count, but it often does stick. . . . . . Like meeting someone on a blind date when they were having a bad 'appearance' day, thinking 'what the f***'. . . and then seeing them another time randomly and been like 'phoarrrrrr, shoulda kept in contact with you if I knew you could look this good, but only the first impression I had of you when we first met, wasn't really impressive. . . .l' ol. tongue tongue tongue

Rofl, those bad hair days grin
I'd rather have him/her surprise me though with another side to him/her. . .
The ones that annoy me is when you're like. . .okayyyy let me give him/her the benefit of the doubt and bam! Oh yeah you wonder why you even bothered grin undecided

tmny:

I think I will like to chip in this:

Some people don't tolerate nonsense, so they judge you by your first action.

So, to those class of people, first impression will surely stick.

Sometimes it's not even about first impression. The vibe might be just off.
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by na2day2(m): 5:10am On Sep 07, 2009
iice:

Nope grin

this is a free country i mean forum, i can tell the truth whenever however! angry angry angry
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by iice(f): 7:25am On Sep 07, 2009
You still dey squeeze face? grin You go soon start to look older than me cheesy

Yeah yeah, freedom of speech and preach tongue
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by mecussey(m): 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2009
It takes a a matured mind to absorb the first impression; it counts but it shouldn't count.
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by tushbobo(m): 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2009
who cares if first impressions stick or not??whats important is personality,that s what sticks to memory when all the impressions are gone
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by osbar67: 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2009
To me,It does expetially when there's no chance of meeting regularly to correct it.But when there are chances of meeting regularly it could be corrected.
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by olelle: 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2009
They say "First impressions are often wrong"
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by topup: 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2009
osbar67:

To me,It does expetially when there's no chance of meeting regularly to correct it.But when there are chances of meeting regularly it could be corrected.

Yes, I guess, sometimes the first impression is the last impression you get of a person. I still know people from back when I was younger, and they still see me as this little innocent girl. It's impressions like those that make people underestimate people.

olelle:

They say "First impressions are often wrong"

That's true, and people change.
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by rickie4us(m): 6:04pm On Sep 07, 2009
I really think that first impression matters , or how do u correlate this , "DRESS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE ADDRESSED?"
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by oge4real(f): 6:24pm On Sep 07, 2009
Yea, first impression sticks though it can later be modified with subsequent meetings.
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by na2day2(m): 7:21pm On Sep 07, 2009
iice:

You still dey squeeze face? grin You go soon start to look older than me cheesy

Yeah yeah, freedom of speech and preach tongue

i get anti aging cream, it takes 10 yrs off u in one week, na so dem write am for the container tongue tongue
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by jasmine21(f): 11:28pm On Sep 07, 2009
first impressions stick like CRAZZY! especially if the person wasnt kinda well dressed to ur expectation or wasn't fluent in speaking or smthng. first impressions usually last longer.
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by bolanleodu: 1:04am On Sep 08, 2009
I've followed this thread 4 a while and i realize you all just facing d same wall, culturing an absurd and unliberating myopic perspective of d issue in view. First impression in any of those casual situation might generally not matter, but to some it does but imagine you'r being tried 4 a capital crime and your would be counsel appears in jeans unironed shirt dreads wit a cigaret during working hour and he can't even get his language right, would you committe ur head in his hands or find out if he 1st clas
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by bolanleodu: 1:12am On Sep 08, 2009
Definitely no. Its the first impression even months or years later you'd still be sceptical about doing business with him. As regard finding the opposite sex in particular circumstance and judging from it, i think it the right thing to do, personally i cant picture a decent girl in a club, and if she not bad and rotten, the onus is on her to discharge any doubt existing against her good virtues if any,
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by topup: 1:33am On Sep 08, 2009
bolanleodu:

personally i cant picture a decent girl in a club, and if she not bad and rotten, the onus is on her to discharge any doubt existing against her good virtues if any,

What type of clubs do you have near you??

And it all depends on what a decent girl constitutes to in your personal dictionary.
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by iice(f): 1:43am On Sep 08, 2009
bolanleodu:

I've followed this thread 4 a while and i realize you all just facing d same wall, culturing an absurd and unliberating myopic perspective of d issue in view. First impression in any of those casual situation might generally not matter, but to some it does but imagine you'r being tried 4 a capital crime and your would be counsel appears in jeans unironed shirt dreads wit a cigaret during working hour and he can't even get his language right, would you committe your head in his hands or find out if he 1st clas

Doesn't count. Professionals know you have to project your professionalism cheesy

Decent girls don't go to clubs. They stay home grin
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by topup: 2:51am On Sep 08, 2009
iice:

Decent girls don't go to clubs. They stay home grin

'They stay at home' is so vague. Women could be staying at home having sex with their lovers, or having an affair, or planning to murder their next door neighbour, but as long as they aren't those indecent girls in the clubs lol.
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by iice(f): 2:56am On Sep 08, 2009
People are usually wrapped up in some notion of what a decent girl is. I've seen enough rotten 'decent' girls grin People you'd never believe do the shit they do grin

topup:

'They stay at home' is so vague. Women could be staying at home having sex with their lovers, or having an affair, or planning to murder their next door neighbour, but as long as they aren't those indecent girls in the clubs lol.

Soo right.
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by finemocha(f): 3:33am On Sep 09, 2009
it depends, if u meet someone for the first time and u continue to interact with them then no, your opinion of them is bound to change, for the worse or the better it doesnt really matter.
but if u meet someone once and you really never talk tothem or even see them, then yes your first impression will stick
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by Gamine(f): 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2009
First impressions only stick if that is the first and last time i see you.

for some. .na

Like a dude who called me when i had chicken stuck in my throat.
told him to pls call me back. .

3weeks have past, he hasnt called, undecided i gotta say that impression stuck. cheesy
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by na2day2(m): 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2009
Gamine:

First impressions only stick if that is the first and last time i see you.

for some. .na

Like a dude who called me when i had chicken stuck in my throat.
told him to pls call me back. .

3weeks have past, he hasnt called, undecided i gotta say that impression stuck. cheesy

my sweet heart of yester years, she is back! kiss
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by Gamine(f): 3:14pm On Sep 09, 2009
@na2day

hey, im gonna be around ur parts, Hopefully. . i have a wedding to attend wink
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by na2day2(m): 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2009
Gamine:

@na2day

hey, im gonna be around your parts, Hopefully. . i have a wedding to attend wink

sweet deal! shoot me the details. Is Ejero coming too?
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by Gamine(f): 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2009
negative.

its not a family thing.
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by na2day2(m): 7:25am On Sep 10, 2009
Gamine:

negative.

its not a family thing.

iight babe, send me the 411 asap, looking forward to it wink wink
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by Amjustme: 11:43am On Sep 10, 2009
First impressions stick when u just met someone for 30 mins-1hour and u dont see the person again.

But when i keep meeting that person, even if its for 1 week, first impression gives way to the real,
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by Busybody2(f): 4:02am On Sep 18, 2009
FL Gators:

angry angry angry angry angry okay then, lemme revise my post angry angry angry

@Post
It sticks, but it doesn't mean its gonna count when the person starts showing other attitude and actions.

I seriously hate meeting people, and then them begining to show attitudes I despise. ah ah, my low tolerance level again.

Guilty conscience, I kuku didn't call anyone's name tongue And how many times do I have to remind you that whenever you are posting on Nairaland, type in English, not Ekiti language angry Now go and translate the Ekiti goobledegook you wrote above to English before I open my eyes angry angry angry grin

na2day?:

lol  grin grin grin grin u like fight ooo!  cheesy cheesy

I am still following you and have years till I catch up tongue

Gamine:

@na2day

hey, im gonna be around your parts, Hopefully. . i have a wedding to attend  wink

Hmmn, why was there a wink and a twinkling in her eyes after she wrote the word wedding, means the wedding is personal and the hint about family not attending too, hmmn lipsrsealed TRANSLATION shocked Gamine is eloping to get married shocked meaning that someone has managed to sweep her off her greedy feet so the coast is finally clear and I can have my man to myself, yippee cheesy All my prayers those sleepless nights has come to fruition, wow tongue

The only thing that would give me sleepless nights now is if her man is richer than mine angry angry angry cry
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by na2day2(m): 4:30am On Sep 18, 2009
@BB

ur case still dey with my pastor, the guy still dey pray for ur deliverance tongue tongue tongue
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by Busybody2(f): 4:35am On Sep 18, 2009
na2day?:

@BB

your case still dey with my pastor, the guy still dey pray for your deliverance  tongue tongue tongue

OK you have taken "our case" as in your intention to seek for my hand in marriage to the General Overseer, aawwww, how sweet of you, I pray about us too daily kiss And of course I am going to keep this on the DL as you warned me and not let unitee hear of it, though why you don't want me to rub her face in it is upsetting me angry I am the one that should count angry angry  grin
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by Gamine(f): 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2009
Hmmn, why was there a wink and a twinkling in her eyes after she wrote the word wedding, means the wedding is personal and the hint about family not attending too, hmmn Lips sealed TRANSLATION Shocked Gamine is eloping to get married Shocked meaning that someone has managed to sweep her off her greedy feet so the coast is finally clear and I can have my man to myself, yippee Cheesy All my prayers those sleepless nights has come to fruition, wow Tongue

The only thing that would give me sleepless nights now is if her man is richer than mine

lol

aah Iyalode, time changes yesterday o grin
But i have to burst one bubble, Yezz of cozz, He is Far richer than yourzz grin
if not, this, ko possible.
Re: Do First Impressions Stick? by na2day2(m): 8:14am On Sep 19, 2009
Busy_body:

OK you have taken "our case" as in your intention to seek for my hand in marriage to the General Overseer, aawwww, how sweet of you, I pray about us too daily kiss And of course I am going to keep this on the DL as you warned me and not let unitee hear of it, though why you don't want me to rub her face in it is upsetting me angry I am the one that should count angry angry  grin

i know say na u dey plan kill me for this NL, no allow me "robo shata" in the spirit ooo! tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He Told Me I Look Old After A Fight About Him Lying About His Age. Hmm Guys Help / Naija Girls Are You This Desperate (pictures) / Types Of Friends In The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.