Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,873 members, 7,798,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

"Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis (65260 Views)

Bolanle Ambode Committed Sacrilege And Should Apologise — African Church Bishop / Christians Should Apologize To Gays - Pope Francis Says / Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by GuyfawkesAB(m): 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
Like play, like play, The pope is ushering in the reign of the antichrist. If you understand the book of Revelations you will know that the pope, sitting atop Babylon (The Catholic Church) has quite a role to play in the end time events. He is coming into it gradually.

Sit down there and be defending what is sinful and its condoning. I hope you don't allow your ignorance lead you to destruction. Go and search the scriptures yourself, don't wait on any man to teach you or interpret it wrongly to you. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth to you
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by hotwax: 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
This illuminati pope gan sef...

What should muslims do to gay?
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Mickael2(m): 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
Blossom023:
Please you people should just note that the Pope speaks for the Catholics not the all Christians.

I agree that killing the gay people and hating on them is not good but apologizing to them is.. I don't know... That means the lesbian I spoke to yesterday should apologize to me for speaking ill of my belief ... That means that atheist that says God accepts adultery should also apologize to me because just like you say they have their own opinion to everything and anything including their sexuality and belief . I also have the right to one.. Though some Christians take this homophobia thing over board I see no reason to apologize to them..

That would be the argument of one.

The argument of another person will be that if God was able to apologize to Noah for destroying the world with a flood then we too should be able to apologize.

My opinion is that we should all love each other irrespective of our religion, sex, gender, belief, lifestyle whatsoever.. You cannot call yourself a Christian and you do not exhibit the life of one. When Jesus came he mingled with the poor, the demon possessed, the sinners.. All types of people.. So why can't you.. You cannot change a person if you don't show them love. If you truly want this gay stuff to stop which I know it can't you should show them love.. Show them what the Christian life is all about.

Where did God apologise to Noah? I think it's not in my bible.

Anyways, God only decided not to destroy the WHOLE EARTH again because there are some people in this world who can still be saved, but God did not spare a moments thought when he destroyed Sodom and he didn't even apologise for killing Lot's wife when he turned back, and since I am made in the image and likeness of God, I won't associate with them, although I won't kill them since it's not in my disposition but I will stay away from them hence i suffer the same fate as Lot's wife, Period!
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by mrZENographer: 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
HurtgenForest:

Why are you like this?

THE CHURCH SHOULD AND MUST CONDEMN THEM.

The bible is very clear on homosexuality; it is a no no.

Just the way fornication, adultery, murder is condemned in the bible so is homosexualism condemned too.

Are you sick this man?

visijo, hurtgenforest, javispj, dfrost, absolutesuccess, bobkezel, industrialfan, teamsimple, bec1, bemnickenzie, ayohbk, Bazetu12, Airoflow, ooshinibos, eluquenson, rufaikoko, room089, saintmark88, Empredboy, techsupport, divibeappo, dosantos, sulasadat, inifrank7, uchihaitaci, ayosco85, youngaz, kobonaire, fortunachy, richidinho

conspeaker:
HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN IN THE BIBLE "condemn the act not the person" but how many times has he condemned the act... he is just romancing with them..

Wallade:
This pope is a politician; he is tactically welcoming and accepting gays and lesbians into Christianity.

I take that as his personal opinion. Gradually, the respect for Popes will diminish.

localblood:
Some people no get sense oh

Imagine; hate sin not the sinner angry

Meaning; hate killing but not d killerkiller undecided undecided

Iffahear yawa go dey!

TAKE NOTE: The Bible condemns both homosexuals and homosexuality. And the only way out of such condemnation is repentance. The part of christians is to rebuke, and exhort believers to abstain from all appearance of sin. Whether a christian be hypocrite or no, his duty is and must be to discourage others from sin and ask God for help for his own ways. What are you doing on your part to discourage sin and wickedness?

The bible is clear about the path of homosexuals. Its not the sin that is going to hell. Its the transgressor. Therefore the right thing to do is REBUKE THEM. And that is NOT condemnation as vehemently pragmented by unholy stubborn whoremongers who delight in their sinful pleasures and therefore fight/oppose the truth. As for the pope, havnt u been reading christian prophesy articles? He's actually fulfilling the duties of the "prophesied False pope" who will herald and welcome the coming antichrist before the whole world. ENDTIME IS NOT A JOKE.

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Lightening: 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
grandstar:
The Bible condemns homosexuality(1 Roman's 1:26,27) The Bible also condemns homophobia. (Matthew 7:12)

The Catholic Church is watering down God's view about homosexuality in order to conform to the world(Romans 12:2)

The Bible is clear that "fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts will not inherit the kingdom of God "(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) Yes we should not be misled, even by the Pope.

If the christians do not ridicule the thrives, fornicators, looters etc that fill up the churches every Sunday but instead reminds them of God's love and encourage them to repent, then homosexuals deserve no different. It is the same hell all of them will go if they do not repent. That is the Pope's stand point and it correct.

2 Likes

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Lightening: 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
grandstar:
The Bible condemns homosexuality(1 Roman's 1:26,27) The Bible also condemns homophobia. (Matthew 7:12)

The Catholic Church is watering down God's view about homosexuality in order to conform to the world(Romans 12:2)

The Bible is clear that "fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts will not inherit the kingdom of God "(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) Yes we should not be misled, even by the Pope.

If christians do not ridicule the thieves, fornicators, looters etc that fill up the churches every Sunday but instead reminds them of God's love and encourage them to repent, then homosexuals deserve no different. It is the same hell all of them will go if they do not repent. That is the Pope's stand point and it correct.

2 Likes

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by kosovo(m): 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
javispj:

the same way people reacted, when Jesus spoke the words of God,, they ended crucifying him..

Don't mind the clown. cheesy
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Mickael2(m): 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
GuyfawkesAB:
Like play, like play, The pope is ushering in the reign of the antichrist. If you understand the book of Revelations you will know that the pope, sitting atop Babylon (The Catholic Church) has quite a role to play in the end time events. He is coming into it gradually.

Sit down there and be defending what is sinful and its condoning. I hope you don't allow your ignorance lead you to destruction. Go and search the scriptures yourself, don't wait on any man to teach you or interpret it wrongly to you. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth to you

Are you really this stupid?

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Ifebazz(m): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
Of all the groups he said to apologize to, it's only the LGBT parts these myopics are seeing. Why not complain about apologies to widows, child labour etc?
He never said gay life styles are correct, but only acknowledging the fact that it is in not hating them that we can try to save them.
Many here condemned the woman that returned millions left at the airport, little wonder you can't read between the lines of what he's trying to say.
Holy by the lips alone christians.

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Franz15: 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
Akshow:
it also condemns adultery, encourage misogynistic tendencies, condemn eating pork, condones slavery etc

the bible didn't condem pork,acts of appostles.

Who are to judge, let's try to help them,homosexuality is a sin. HELP THE SINNER
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by kosovo(m): 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
efstore:
This is what exactly Bible tells to treat them. Why apology

You really have no brain! All these brainwashed deeper lifers

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Sunglow: 3:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
[quote author=grandstar post=46978046]The Bible condemns homosexuality(1 Roman's 1:26,27) The Bible also condemns homophobia. (Matthew 7:12)

[/quote ]Thank you for putting that up there
Sin is sin n homosexuality is wrong.

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Gabbyraze(m): 3:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
Okijajuju1:
No need for apology..

Live your life and let them live their lives.

If you have preached to them, thats all the Bible requires you to do.

If Jesus did not chase away the Prostitute that was about to be stoned by the Pharisees, then who are we to judge homosexuals? Is their sin bigger than others or are they going to a different hell from Murderers and Thieves?

Life is too short jor..

His Holiness the Pope has spoken..
Thank u for this wonderful comment,some people actually think been gay is a bigger sin than fornication,lying or stealing. Judgement day will be the most funniest of all days
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
The pope should replace England in the European Union he know pass
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by javispj(m): 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
conspeaker:
HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN IN THE BIBLE "condemn the act not the person" but how many times has he condemned the act... he is just romancing with them..
if u were regular in watching the news..on the Pope's last visit to America he condemned gay rights n was against it..now for some reason his coming out to apologize for condemning them..knowing well that condemnation is for God n him only.. read the news man
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
Mickael2:

Where did God apologise to Noah? I think it's not in my bible.

Anyways, God only decided not to destroy the WHOLE EARTH again because there are some people in this world who can still be saved, but God did not spare a moments thought when he destroyed Sodom and he didn't even apologise for killing Lot's wife when he turned back, and since I am made in the image and likeness of God, I won't associate with them, although I won't kill them since it's not in my disposition but I will stay away from them hence i suffer the same fate as Lot's wife, Period!

He said he wasn't going to destroy the world again.. fine that is your opinion.. Don't come at me with yours.. Stick to your opinion don't go out forcing it to anyone. Get my point.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Mickael2(m): 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
Gabbyraze:

Thank u for this wonderful comment,some people actually think been gay is a bigger sin than fornication,lying or stealing. Judgement day will be the most funniest of all days

Actually, Homosexuality is the sin that God hates the most, it's even in the Bible so I don't think their punishments might be the same exactly. Hell has many compartments I believe
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by j64real(m): 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
BAZETU12:
DONT EVER LOOK DIS MAN LIKE A POPE.DIS MAN IS REAL DEVIL

MAY GOD AV MERCY ON UR SOUL...
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Ayatullah(m): 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
Definitely this stand of the Pope on Christians to apologise to Gays is not only Anti-Bible, but a great offense to all decent people all over the world.

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by hotwax: 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
j64real:

MAY GOD AV MERCY ON UR SOUL...

Dont you know he is a devil? A lucifarian ?
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Mickael2(m): 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
Blossom023:

He said he wasn't going to destroy the world again.. fine that is your opinion.. Don't come at me with yours.. Stick to your opinion don't go out forcing it to anyone. Get my point.

that's the problem, you weren't making any sane point. You were twisting facts to suit what you THINK and thereby misleading others, so I believe I had to call you back, after flogging my child, I may say I won't flog him again rather I will use other methods to punish him(which is the case here, Hell was made to punish them instead of destroying everyone with them), that does not mean thesame thing as apologising
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by pippimp(m): 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
Truth is no one has the right to impose their beliefs on another. I am thoroughly against homosexuality but i cannot say because i don't like it i will hate them. As long as they do whatever they do in the privacy of their homes and don't rub it in my face, then they can do whatever they like. I know that there are some shiit i do that most people won't like. We all have, or do weird things. Live and let live.

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by izzou(m): 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
INDUSTRIALFAN:
God punished Soddom and Gomorrah but are you God? Judgement is left for God alone and not man... All the Pope meant was, it is not in our place to judge anyone. We are all sinners and all sin was condemned in the Bible. Why not leave the fight of God for him alone? God didn't ask for our help. just do what is right and move on. "HATE SIN NOT THE SINNER"

So i should apologize to the sinner for hating his sin?

Common

God has standards. Despite the fact he is so loving, he cant bring down his standards.

If a homosexual dies, his soul goes to hell, not the act.

The pope is just fufilling prophecies of the last days sha

I no blame am

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Gabbyraze(m): 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
Mickael2:

Actually, Homosexuality is the sin that God hates the most, it's even in the Bible so I don't think their punishments might be the same exactly. Hell has many compartments I believe
Bros sin na sin o,don't think dere is anything like compartment in hell.fire na fire,e no get degree,God hates all form of sin,nothing like hating one more than another.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Flirtyjane(f): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
You guys are quick to condemn homosexuals but you celebrate fornication.
Hypocrites

5 Likes

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Akshow: 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
grandstar:

It does not condone misogynism. On the contrary, the Bible promotes respect of women. It urges men to love their wives as they love their body. (Ephesians 3:28) It even goes on to say "Husbands, Continue loving your wives just as the Christ loved the congregation and gave himself up for it". Ephesians 3:25

Jesus first appeared to a woman upon his resurrection. It was to a Samaritan woman Jesus first publicly informed he was the Christ.

The Bible has a high regard for women. The Bible's author is their Creator. And the good book tells us "You will long for the work of your hand (Job 14:15)
expecting ur response to this. Explain how this is not misogynist

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Mickael2(m): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
pippimp:
Truth is no one has the right to impose their beliefs on another. I am thoroughly against homosexuality but i cannot say because i don't like it i will hate them. As long as they do whatever they do in the privacy of their homes and don't rub it in my face, then they can do whatever they like. I know that there are some shiit i do that most people won't like. We all have, or do weird things. Live and let live.

Thank you. But when they start coming out in the open and corrupting our kids, we can't just look sideways can we? We have to distance ourselves from them
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by AkumahTalk(m): 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2016
[size=16pt]Pope's on Dope[/size] The word of God does not come with apology but with instruction...

darlington15:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/26/world/pope-apologize-gays/index.html?sr=fbCNN062716pope-apologize-gays0410AMVODtopLink&linkId=25940324
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Akshow: 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2016
Mickael2:

Guys! We have a gay-atheist here. The Lad does not even believe in the Bible, how bad can that be?
typical of a fickle minded bigoted Christian. I am against child abuse and oppression, going by your myopic logic, then i must be a child to fight against child abuse

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by izzou(m): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2016
javispj:

if u deny them a place in church, God will deny u a place in heaven... woo to a man who calls him self clean n not a sinner.. foolish is a man who calls him self wise..preach the Gospel of God n do not judge, for even heaven is not sure u. it's is not to know every word in the Bible, but rather practice them as thought by the teacher Jesus Christ.. did he judge the wicked, kill those who refused the word of God,or deny the prostitutes salvation.. answer me

A Christian is a Christian

Nothing like gay Christian

They can go to church for all i care but if they die as a gay, hell straight

Stop sugarcoating sin if you are really a christian

Our goal is to make heaven and help others too, not to help them enter the church

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by javispj(m): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2016
mrZENographer:

visijo, hurtgenforest, javispj, dfrost, absolutesuccess, bobkezel, industrialfan, teamsimple, bec1, bemnickenzie, ayohbk, Bazetu12, Airoflow, ooshinibos, eluquenson, rufaikoko, room089, saintmark88, Empredboy, techsupport, divibeappo, dosantos, sulasadat, inifrank7, uchihaitaci, ayosco85, youngaz, kobonaire, fortunachy, richidinho

TAKE NOTE: The Bible condemns both homosexuals and homosexuality. And the only way out of such condemnation is repentance. The part of christians is to rebuke, and exhort believers to abstain from all appearance of sin. Whether a christian be hypocrite or no, his duty is and must be to discourage others from sin and ask God for help for his own ways. What are you doing on your part to discourage sin and wickedness?

The bible is clear about the path of homosexuals. Its not the sin that is going to hell. Its the transgressor. Therefore the right thing to do is REBUKE THEM. And that is NOT condemnation as vehemently pragmented by unholy stubborn whoremongers who delight in their sinful pleasures and therefore fight/oppose the truth. As for the pope, havnt u been reading christian prophesy articles? He's actually fulfilling the duties of the "prophesied False pope" who will herald and welcome the coming antichrist before the whole world. ENDTIME IS NOT A JOKE.
oo na u write revelations.. the Pope is the anti Christ.. Jesus him self told u..or u just speaking fr the stone uv got in ur head..

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by mrZENographer: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
Lightening:

If christians do not ridicule the thieves, fornicators, looters etc that fill up the churches every Sunday but instead reminds them of God's love and encourage them to repent, then homosexuals deserve no different. It is the same hell all of them will go if they do not repent. That is the Pope's stand point and it correct.

All sin leads to hell. But will you not understand o vain talker that sin has grades. Homosexuality is the height of wickedness. AN ABOMINATION. It is the corruption of human nature. The very things that provoked and pushed God's anger to the limit. Homosexuality rwsults to mass perversion. You cant even stay comfortably with ur fellow male friend because evil thoughts begin to spur.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

'Pastor' Caught Burying Charm In Abia Ahead Of Crusade (Photos) / How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.