Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,799 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) (902 Views)

We Are Not Probing Kyari – EFCC / Boss Mustapha: Profile Of The Secretary To Government Of The Federation (SGF) / Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 7:27am On Jun 27, 2016
The All Progressives Congress, APC-led Federal Government is not focused on probing members of the party, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Mr. Babachir Lawal, has said.
The SGF, in an interview, weekend, affirmed that the government would, in the light of declining revenue, reprioritise the 2016 budget with emphasis on the administration’s priority projects and would not prioritise the constituency projects inputted by the National Assembly.

Lawal, in his first major interview since assuming office last August, also gave reasons for the failure to name ambassadorial nominees in certain states just as he justified the recent recruitment into the Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS and the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN. Lawal, in the interview, said the report of the 2014 National Conference organised by the Goodluck Jonathan administration was not a priority of the Muhammadu Buhari administration. Saying Buhari was too busy to study the report of the National Conference, Lawal said: “The government has not taken a decision on the 2014 National Conference.

I understand that some Nigerians want it implemented but the government has been too busy with key areas of governance to talk about an exercise that we thought was essentially diversionary and a sort of, maybe, a “job for the boys.” “If you remember, it was reported that almost everybody in the committee got N7 million and we consider it essentially as job for the boys.
They probably produced a document that is good and commendable but I mean, this government is too busy with very more vital areas of governance and we are not intending to spend our time reading reports. “The exercise of governance is not about reading reports. The reports are here, so many volumes that, for example, it would take me like seven days to go through and I wonder what happens to my work while I am reading it; while the economy needs attention, unemployment is there, insecurity is there, people are blowing up pipelines and so on.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/why-were-not-probing-apc-members-sgf/

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) by jtwest(m): 7:29am On Jun 27, 2016
Space booked, make I go read d post
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) by ogba20: 7:35am On Jun 27, 2016
jtwest:
Space booked, make I go read d post
Nigerians are in serious trouble.i am seriously counting the days left for this men.nawaoooooooooo.
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) by fulanimafia: 7:36am On Jun 27, 2016
What a deceptive headline which smacks of blatant falsehood.

After careful examination of the article and source site, it is crystal clear that there is nowhere that the SGF made that statement in that interview, and at the end no single reason why 'APC members are not being probed' was given. It appears to be a malicious and mischievous inference by Vanguard as stated in the first paragraph.

That publication has been trying to incite unrest with their provocative headlines of recent, and it would only be a matter of time before their true motives are investigated. Chief Sam Amuka (publisher) should be reminded that freedom of the press comes with responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 27, 2016
I don't really care if you probe APC members or not for corruption because I know that corruption is not the number one enemy of Nigeria. We blame every of our woes on corruption and that way celebrate corruption. we have a foundational problem but we continue to adjust the roof of our collapsing structure. The very problem of Nigeria are these people who cannot decipher our problems. They are just confused. The nation is coming to an eminent end and they are too blind to see the coming reality.
If Nigeria is ever going to remain a single indivisible entity then the implementation of the recommendations of the national conference report is a must especially as regards true federalism and forms of governance. Buhari should not learn everything from experience, it will do him lot of good if he learn from the errors of others. Nigerians deserve better!
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) by youngest85(m): 7:39am On Jun 27, 2016
Mr Lai has infected all of dem!
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) by SeverusSnape(m): 7:39am On Jun 27, 2016
"therefore, If any man (or woman) joins APC, He/she is a new creature, old things are past away; All your sins are washed away, and all things are become new" - Epistle to the zombies, Chapter 4 vs.19

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3088738_img20151115154440_jpeg8f611b6c9cc8cd0928a56ef1049ea06d
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) by jtwest(m): 7:40am On Jun 27, 2016
ogba20:
Nigerians are in serious trouble.i am seriously counting the days left for this men.nawaoooooooooo.
Ohhhhh this is naija! Where craze is the order of the day, even if pdp return to power, they will still run and jump into the party like b4, no single ounce of integrity anywhere, #selfishinterestrules.
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) by crazygod(m): 7:42am On Jun 27, 2016
I didn't read a single reason y they ain't probing.
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) by SeverusSnape(m): 7:43am On Jun 27, 2016
fulanimafia:
What a deceptive headline which smacks of blatant falsehood.

There is nowhere that the SGF made that statement in that interview, and it appears to be a malicious and mischievous inference by Vanguard as stated in the first paragraph.

That publication has been trying to incite unrest with their provocative headlines of recent, and it would only be a matter of time before their genuine motives are investigated. Freedom of the press comes with responsibility.
Still doesn't change the fact that this corrupt government doesn't probe it's corrupt members.
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) by luvinhubby(m): 7:43am On Jun 27, 2016
Nonsense.
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) by koboko69: 8:00am On Jun 27, 2016
I have said it before. DSS needs to keep a close watch on Vanguard. The manner at which they report is to stir up anger and instigate violence. They do the same thing when reporting about militants activities.

I read this now, i can't make any meaning out of it,

No reason for not probing

They said he justified FIRS and CBN recruitment, no justifications found in the report.

Then they suddenly have reasons for confab report, which does not even tally with the title..

This is kangaroo journalism, and a junk silly piece of article

1 Like

Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) by Bruteforce101: 8:11am On Jun 27, 2016
koboko69:
I have said it before. DSS needs to keep a close watch on Vanguard. The manner at which they report is to stir up anger and instigate violence. They do the same thing when reporting about militants activities.

I read this now, i can't make any meaning out of it,

No reason for not probing

They said he justified FIRS and CBN recruitment, no justifications found in the report.

Then they suddenly have reasons for confab report, which does not even tally with the title..

This is kangaroo journalism, and a junk silly piece of article

Watch the mods rush it to the FP while the jobless ugandans congregate to troll there life away.
Re: Why We’re Not Probing APC Members –secretary To The Govt Of Federation (photo) by Mynd44: 8:14am On Jun 27, 2016

(1)

Mimiko Sponsors Massive Protest Against Buhari, Imports Youths With N3000 / PENGASSAN Goes On Strike – Expect Fuel Scarcity, Gave Reasons For The Strike / Nigeria’s Presidential Jets Are Available For Hire – Odigie-oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.