Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi (11737 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Replies El-Rufai On The Sharing Of Ecological Fund / EFCC Detains Babangida Aliyu Over N2b Ecological Fund / Buhari Approves Ecological Fund Projects In 11 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by demmahomidi: 11:02am On Jun 27, 2016
There is disquiet in Kogi State over alleged curious withdrawal of N450million from the state’s Ecological Fund account without due process.

The cash was withdrawn without the State Executive Council in place as required by the enabling law.

The account was drawn about two and a half weeks before the State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal delivered judgement on the polls that brought Governor Yahaya Bello to power.

But it was unclear last night what the cash was used for.

Investigation showed the cash was drawn on May 16, 2016 from the Ecological Fund Account Number: 1016623580 domiciled in UBA.

The account had a balance of N706, 102, 350.21 as at January 19, 2016.

A top source said: “The law governing the Ecological Fund says it must be discussed and approved by the State Executive Council.

“When the cash was withdrawn by government, there was no State Executive Council in place.

“There was no emergency ecological challenge in the state to have warranted such a huge spending.

“What is more baffling is that the cash was accessed barely two and a half weeks before the tribunal judgment on Kogi Governorship poll.

“The people of Kogi State want the state government to account for the whereabouts of the N450million.

“We want the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to pay attention to the ongoing developments before the state becomes bankrupt.”

Another source alleged that the state government is becoming reckless with public funds.

The source said the state recently secured a loan of N2.4bn froma commercial bank for Sustainable Development Goals.

“They’ve started spending the money despite not getting the required counterpart funding,” the source said.

He added: “The state government tried to withdraw another N450m from the infrastructure loan account with a bank but they refused, citing CBN guidelines that require transfers directly to contractors.

“Since then the state government has been using a Lebanese contractor to draw down on the funds.

“There is an abuse of the system and no respect for due process. For example, Agasa road in Okene LGA was awarded to aconstruction firm without following due process at a total cost N3.2billion with about N1.2 billion mobilization fee already paid.

“Apart from the construct ion of nine roundabouts at a cost of N100m each, a Prado jeep cost the state government N78million. The weekly cost of cleaning Government House is N16m.”

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/disquiet-kogi-curious-withdrawal-n450m-ecological-fund/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by nomi007: 11:06am On Jun 27, 2016
16 million to clean government house per month and he is refusing to pay salaries of civil servants who were employed to clean govt house because he claim no money. Total salary for all the cleaner cannot be more than 3 million a month. Diaris God oooo

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by hubaa: 11:12am On Jun 27, 2016
Chisos! That tribunal judge chop kogi money!

lalasticlala

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by evy1(m): 11:16am On Jun 27, 2016
The weekly cost of cleaning Government House is N16m.”
The house Na Buckingham palace?

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by 5oyad: 11:19am On Jun 27, 2016
This is even small- he is renovating government house with 2 billion naira. How much was the whole government house built for?

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by 5oyad: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2016
I taya ooooo, How much was the whole government house built for?

evy1:

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by obge: 11:30am On Jun 27, 2016
What do you expect from a governor that declared 64 billion asset, the whole kogi allocation is not enough for him

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by uluw: 11:44am On Jun 27, 2016
A governor that used korede bello to mock us in the state while he refuse to pay us salary, he was on stage dancing I Don get alert with korede bello.

12 Likes

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
What do you expect from a supplementary governor that has collected 5months allocation coupled with bail-out funds and yet could not pay workers salaries?

this governor go worse pass the combination ibro and wada.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
until pple rise up and say enuf is a enuf. things will continue to get worse. we need a revolution. 2019 elections shud be boycotted. pple shud lynch all these politicians and dumb dem into corcodile infested waters

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Agimor(m): 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
On a more serious note our political leaders are fantastically corrupt.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
make ur headlines more attractive

1 Like

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by olasteve0606: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2016
L
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by dammytosh: 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
demmahomidi:
There is disquiet in Kogi State over alleged curious withdrawal of N450million from the state’s Ecological Fund account without due process.
The cash was withdrawn without the State Executive Council in place as required by the enabling law.
The account was drawn about two and a half weeks before the State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal delivered judgement on the polls that brought Governor Yahaya Bello to power.
But it was unclear last night what the cash was used for.
Investigation showed the cash was drawn on May 16, 2016 from the Ecological Fund Account Number: 1016623580 domiciled in UBA.
The account had a balance of N706, 102, 350.21 as at January 19, 2016.
A top source said: “The law governing the Ecological Fund says it must be discussed and approved by the State Executive Council.
“When the cash was withdrawn by government, there was no State Executive Council in place.
“There was no emergency ecological challenge in the state to have warranted such a huge spending.
“What is more baffling is that the cash was accessed barely two and a half weeks before the tribunal judgment on Kogi Governorship poll.
“The people of Kogi State want the state government to account for the whereabouts of the N450million.
“We want the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to pay attention to the ongoing developments before the state becomes bankrupt.”
Another source alleged that the state government is becoming reckless with public funds.
The source said the state recently secured a loan of N2.4bn froma commercial bank for Sustainable Development Goals.
“They’ve started spending the money despite not getting the required counterpart funding,” the source said.
He added: “The state government tried to withdraw another N450m from the infrastructure loan account with a bank but they refused, citing CBN guidelines that require transfers directly to contractors.
“Since then the state government has been using a Lebanese contractor to draw down on the funds.
“There is an abuse of the system and no respect for due process. For example, Agasa road in Okene LGA was awarded to aconstruction firm without following due process at a total cost N3.2billion with about N1.2 billion mobilization fee already paid.
“Apart from the construct ion of nine roundabouts at a cost of N100m each, a Prado jeep cost the state government N78million. The weekly cost of cleaning Government House is N16m.”
Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/disquiet-kogi-curious-withdrawal-n450m-ecological-fund/

These are the facts we like to see in public domain.

Hear how corrupt mind will still say even though the guy is an APC Governor, it is because he has problem with TINUBU.

450 MILLION WITHDRAWN AS CASH !!!!

MEANWHILE the guy below was alleged to have stolen PLANTAIN.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by promisechild(m): 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
Yahaya pay Kogi State University lecturers their salary and stop embezzling the money meant for developmental projects in the state. Kogi state University have been on strike for the past 3months now and what this man could do is to issue a threatening letter to the lecturers. lest I forget all public schools in Kogi are currently on strike. it is only God that will help Kogi State.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by salabscholar01(m): 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
i pity for my dear state. Curruption at its peak. I have a vision, working towards it to rescue my state.... Don't ask me how I will do it. I know I will lead my state some days.

2 Likes

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by jamalnation(m): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
Yahaya bello his failing

2 Likes

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by salabscholar01(m): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
May God help us

1 Like

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by seguno2: 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
The All ProgreTHIEF Criminals, APC governor Yahaya Bello has swallowed the money just like late Audu before him.
Is that how to fight CORRUPTION?
By being a HYPOCRITE?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by tommykiwi(m): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
Lets see if EFCC will keep deaf on the matter. because it involves an APC state....APC full of croooks.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by royalfamily(m): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
wait o..prado 78milluon Naira ,how come b Gwagon.? cleaning the house for 16million weekly say wetin, na mortuary..politics na cool bizness oo I swear ..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by peter1994(m): 12:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
My State always making news for this sort of thing grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Reference(m): 12:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
grin Chai, Nigeria.....I think it is clear Buhari is just wasting his time. Anti corruption cannot work in Nigeria. Restructure now.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by TheAdvocate(m): 12:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
nomi007:
16 million to clean government house per month and he is refusing to pay salaries of civil servants who were employed to clean govt house because he claim no money. Total salary for all the cleaner cannot be more than 3 million a month. Diaris God oooo

Its N16million per week! shocked

7 Likes

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Starships4u(m): 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
APC governors are saints following UNDUE process and IGNORING set out rules like their BOSS BUHARI MOHAMADU

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by tansho(m): 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
IPOB op or wailing op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Reference(m): 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
evy1:

No, na White House Down. Maybe oil well dey dia. You know say oil spill clean up no be beans. Mungo Park go dey tink for im grave....why did I discover the Niger....God forgive me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by royalfamily(m): 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
so this man is APC it's claear this buhari is hunting opposition party N b turning deaf ear to others no wonder he's having issues with his ear the cry for his name is too much.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
Reference:
grin Chai, Nigeria.....I think it is clear Buhari is just wasting his time. Anti corruption cannot work in Nigeria. Restructure now.
The problem is who will restructure? Is it not the same corrupt politician.

1 Like

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by seguno2: 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
Agimor:
On a more serious note our political leaders are fantastically corrupt.

Just like we the citizens who elected them and allow them to rule loot us, right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ernst And Young Appointed As NDDC Auditors / Buhari, King Mohammed Discuss Nigeria-Morocco Gas Pipeline, Fertilizer Plant / Tinubu, Obi Take Battle For 2023 To Ethnic Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.