Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures (23608 Views)

LIVE RADIO: W.E.D.N.E.S.D.A.Y Gidi Let's Do This! On Priorityradio - Listen Here / Nicki Minaj Hot SEXIEST Moments On Live Performance 2017 Viral / My First Experience With Sexy Voice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
My First Experience On Live Radio...

On Thursday 23rd of June at exactly 1: 51pm, I got a message on my phone which I was just reading about fifteen minutes after it has been delivered. I stared at the phone to be sure I read right, of course I did but I was surprised as I was not expecting it. At first a negative thought came to my mind that it could be a scam but then the person included his full name which made it look a bit convincing. So after some minutes I decided to call the no back ,that moment I discovered the no had called me twice even before the text message.

***The voice from the other end " yes ma, this is Oladapo Ojo I work with radio Nigeria Gold Fm Ilesha, Osun state I called you to confirm if you would be available for our program come Monday 27th of June "

Did it sound unbelievable to me ? Well yes but the voice was confident and sounds convincing.

So I asked the question "how did you get my no please?"
I found how they got my no on my blog. I remember I have dropped my no on my blog's "About page".

I got home and told my mom, it was a very hilarious moment when my mom told me it might be 419 or evil people trying to manipulate somethings(typical of an African mother ) and until she confirms from a reliable person about the radio station and the presenter before before I can go. So she did and finally she was convinced too and I started preparing.

I was to speak on "how youths of today can use the social media outlets to better their lots" I had several thoughts on what to say about the topic but they kept conflicting themselves in my thoughts until Sunday night when I finally decided I was just going to be myself and let the inspirations flow freely. So I took a pen and jotted down some few points and reflected on them before going to bed.

I got to the radio station this morning anxiety writen all over me and I was trying hard not to show how timid I was but surprisingly it was all gone when I got on the program to talk finally. The nervousness seized and I just let myself feel comfortable and it worked brilliantly well. Before I knew it the show was over faster than I thought or even imagined.

I got calls and texts from friends around osun state telling me how they benefited real good and learnt a lot from the program. I was happy I was able to inspire youths out there in my own little way.

Someone might say " why so much fuss about this " well it means a lot to me because there is always a starting point no matter how little.

Never give up on your dreams...and don't wait for your dreams to come to you, pursue it with passion and just sets out to do that which you have always wanted to do. It is not going to be rosy at the beginning not at all
but eventually it will pay off.

***The world awaits your greatness.

You can check up my article on the topic here on my blog..
.http://damidemi..com.ng/2016/06/how-youths-today-can-leverage-on-social.html?m=1

60 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Bbsharon(f): 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
More pictures...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by davdandam(m): 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
That's MA gal.. .keep it up

1 Like

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by davdandam(m): 3:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
Bet you dunno who this is though lol

2 Likes

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Seeeeeeee: 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hope you didn't say hello viewers at home?

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by MrKamar(m): 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
Oh you are a girl! You sounded like a boy grin

14 Likes

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
Cool
Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Victorakats(m): 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
That's a great beginning... Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by ritzybaby(f): 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2016

13 Likes

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by TheArchangel(f): 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
Good girllll

2 Likes

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by darealsola(m): 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
congrats. shey pple sha hear ur program

1 Like

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by johnwizey: 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nice one OP but e remain small make you enter control room go snap grin

16 Likes

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by softvio(m): 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
hmmm na gurl u be... well kudos to you

1 Like

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Lovexme(m): 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
Congrats

1 Like

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Sirrexninefour(m): 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
Soar higher bae!

The sky is certainly your take off point!!

1 Like

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Okijajuju1(m): 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nice...
Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Swagt101(m): 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
*double checks the 5th pic* Op abeg shey u change wears for the studio?... tongue

9 Likes

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Stanleywaxy(m): 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
grin

14 Likes

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Tjohnnay: 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2016
Na only 1 pic i see u for studio ooo, d rest na outside ehn undecided

Gals and pics lykundecided

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by pendusky(m): 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nice one OP...

Memory Lane; My love for football comments on Fb took me to UniuyoFM 100.7fm Uyo for football live talk show every Saturday 1pm, I did that for few months before I finally resigned. grin coz of the nature of my work...

We also form audience for Teezers (One drink like that ) sponsored program on NTA Uyo every week, where they will play music and ask audience to tell the title and artiste..

OP hope they employ you.. grin

3 Likes

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by druxy(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
applaudizez

2 Likes

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by cruzita(f): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
A journey of a thousand mile begins with a step

keep flying the sky will be your starting point

1 Like

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
This is reali good onli iv we youth could b serious nd spend our time on thingx that will benefit like dis.
Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Tjohnnay: 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
MrKamar:
Oh you are a girl! You sounded like a boy grin

WickedWicked grin
Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by andymofia(m): 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
You try jare
Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by ourchoice(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
In Nigeria, women succeed faster in blogging and media because Nigerian men are freaky about anything on skirt cheesy

This was part of what made Linda Ikeji, Bella Naija, and all the popular female bloggers/presenters to become popular.

Nigerian men can do anything to help a female blogger or media personality grow, dunno ygrin

Even here on nairaland, nairaland owner and male moderators are so obsessed with female bloggers; nairaland male mods made lailasblog.com popular by pushing all her threads; good or bad to the front page.

Nairaland male mods helped viviangist.com become popular by pushing all her news to the front page....they do same for virtually all female bloggers but will never move a male bloggers' thread or news to front page, Nigerian men una well done o!!!

To all good looking girls out there, tap into Nigerian men's mumu button to make a name/wealth for yourself o....Naija men are just too freaky about girls such that they can give up their life to help a girl succeed, but many girls no no this secret lol

Congrats Dami

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by IamOpemipo(m): 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
Op u fine o, I dey lesh,..lets hook up on ma personal show grin

1 Like

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by spatiakrux(m): 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
Way to go girl. Keep it up. Next could be the popular COOLFM in Lagos. Cheerios!
Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by ichommy(m): 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seeeeeeee:

cheesy
Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Benblaq(m): 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
johnny just come

so if u wer to b me dat ws called to advice buhari on hearing tips, d whole world could v heard of it

Lol benblaq z jst teasin o

Congrats bt wait.....

Ws it for free?

1 Like

Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nice
Re: My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures by Ezedon(m): 5:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
Fine

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics / Finally It Is Here! Andy Blaze - Wida Na (music By A Nairalander) Download!!! / Why Nigerian Music Videos Cost So Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.