Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,482 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo (8367 Views)

Applying For First-time British Passport In Naija / How Does One Qualify To Get British Passport? / Travel To The Usa With British Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo by thameamead(f): 11:19am On Sep 04, 2009
hi! all

has anyone ever travelled to Nigeria on a British Passport without a Nigerian passport or a visa, was he or she allowed in with a little something for the immigration officers or he or she was sent back to the UK. am trying to visit my family that i have not seen for 9 years asap but do not have the time to visit the Nigerian embassy here in london. i have bn told if i bribe immgration when i get to Nigeria, they would let me in and 've also bn told they will send me back to d UK on next flight, i need ur honest opinion my people, would be nice to hear from people dat have travelled to nigeria without a visa, am so confused,
would the people @ the nigerian embassy accept a little something if i offer it to speed up my applicatn for the nigerian passport, i don't want to spend the whole day @ d embassy ere in london,
lookin 4ward to hearing from you all smiley smiley smiley
Re: Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo by vanitty: 11:23am On Sep 04, 2009
Better safe than sorry my friend. Not everyone take a "little something"
Go get a visa.
Re: Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo by dinggle: 11:51am On Sep 04, 2009
This is insane coming from some one who lives in a civilized society. You should know better!, You had 9yrs in the UK and out of the 9yrs you couldnt take out 2weeks if need be to process a Nigerian passport or visa and now u wanna do the wrong thing! The british immigration must be insane to allow you board a flight with a UK passport that has no Nigerian visa. I dont know what is wrong with us as a people. Nigerians at home are looking and hoping those like you who have seen the light of civilization will come back home to set the record straight but u are saying to them, the norm continues.
Re: Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo by ichommy(m): 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2009
lol grin grin
Re: Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo by EloSela(f): 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2009
You may be able to pay someone on the Nigerian end but Airlines in the UK will not even allow you to board if you don't have the relevant authority i.e. visa stamped in your passport. You are best advised to spend a day at the embassy getting a visa otherwise you are only going to incur more costs and stress when you are not allowed to board the flight.
Re: Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 04, 2009
EloSela:

[b]You may be able to pay someone on the Nigerian end but Airlines in the UK will not even allow you to board if you don't have the relevant authority i.e. visa stamped in your pas[/b]sport. You are best advised to spend a day at the embassy getting a visa otherwise you are only going to incur more costs and stress when you are not allowed to board the flight.

Exactly what I wanted to say!!! You won't be allowed to board a plane to any country without the neccessary documents to enter the country.
Forget it, you won't get past Heathrow (or wherever you intend to fly from)!!
Re: Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo by chrisj2(m): 10:06am On Sep 06, 2009
It is tempting to try to risk it but its not worth it at all.

I am in the same situation but I have applied for the VISA by post. I think the system is perhaps OK and it should not take more than 2 weeks. Having said the above, the people there appears rude, stressed and think they are god.

The postal service is actually easy although the documents have to be 100% correct or they will tell you off. It costs £70 (tourist - months) and £20 postal order for processing. 2 special delivery envelopes, letter of invitation and copy of passport of inviter (not necessary I was told if you have a nigerian name) and just include WAEC or NYCS certs if you have one.

BTW, its not easy to find time to go to the Embassy in London to get a Visa. One thing is you dont kno how long it might take - it is not always automatic. They only open from 10-12pm, so has to travel the night before if you leave far away from London and then when you get there the place is like a cattle market. Lots of fights, bad behaviour from Embassy staff and customers - you could even be punished for simple things like not answering your name quick enough. Your photo might not satisfy them even though it is good enough for thr UK and US etc.

I have 3 weeks holiday having worked solidly for 6 months without a day off and I have been waiting for 1 3-wks block of holidy for about 2 years.
Re: Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2009
Re: Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo by busybody20: 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2009
thameamead:

hi! all

has anyone ever travelled to Nigeria on a British Passport without a Nigerian passport or a visa, was he or she allowed in with a little something for the immigration officers or he or she was sent back to the UK. am trying to visit my family[b] that i have not seen for 9 years asap but do not have the time to visit the Nigerian embassy here in london. i have bn told if i bribe immgration when i get to Nigeria, they would let me in [/b] and 've also bn told they will send me back to d UK on next flight, i need your honest opinion my people, would be nice to hear from people dat have travelled to nigeria without a visa, am so confused,
would the people @ the nigerian embassy accept a little something if i offer it to speed up my applicatn for the nigerian passport, i don't want to spend the whole day @ d embassy ere in london,
lookin 4ward to hearing from you all smiley smiley smiley

You need to be careful what you type on nairaland. . . You never know whos reading.

Its people like you that promote corruption in nigeria, later una go dey shout say nigeria is corrupt. You know the right thing to do yet you want to get a shortcut and it doesnt cost you much to do the right thing. How can you say you dont have time to apply for a visa at the nigerian embassy  in london  but you have time to fly all the way to nigeria!  undecided   

It might be possible to allow you enter nigeria but i can promise you that it wont be a pleasant experience. By the time you are asked to step out of the queue and you are invited into an interrogation room and you treated like a COMMON CRIMINAL then you will ask yourself if it was worth all the trouble!  tongue   tongue    grin    grin
Re: Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo by noblegas2(m): 4:31pm On Sep 06, 2009
@ Poster, sharaaaap dere, wu do u want to bribe? i pity U, i know ppl like u, dat was d same tin dat happened to a woman wu came to nIgeria from Atlanta wit an AMERICAN P, wen she got here she was speakin American english and afterwards wen dey told her she could not enter, she started speakin begging in yoruba but d Immigration resisted and denied her entry to nIgeria, as we were standin dere,,dey collected her return ticket and she was reconfirmed back into d Delta Airline dat brought her from Atlanta to Lagos, so ma advice 4 U is either to apply for A NiGERIAN PASSPORT OR VISA or else, d rest ll be History
Re: Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo by FBS: 8:22am On Jun 14, 2012
This is insane. I bet the OP is joking!!! cheesy
Re: Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo by Krucifax(m): 10:25am On Jun 14, 2012
@ OP I hope for your sake this is a prank,giving you the benefit of the doubt i'd say this. DON'T EVEN ATTEMPT IT!. Because you would have purchased a ticket you'll never use,go and get your visa and while in Naija get your passport done.That's what i did because the Naija High Commission office @ Charing Cross is a mad house!

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Direction To Ikoyi / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport / Chinese Visa Enquiry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.