Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki (51812 Views)

I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu / I Can’t Be PDP Chairman At All Cost, I’m Ready To Vacate Office – Sheriff / I’m Ready For Probe - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by DONSMITH123(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
Following his cases in several courts, the Senate President, Bukola Saraki has insisted that he would rather go to jail than yield to some nefarious agenda of a few individuals who are out to destroy democracy.
Saraki said this in a statement he issued shortly after he appeared at a Federal High Court in Abuja alongside three others for alleged forgery of senate rules.

The Senate President who is also facing criminal trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, for false assets declaration described his latest legal battle as proof of the “persecution and distraction” he is currently enmeshed in.

The statement reads, “Today we the leaders of the Nigerian Senate reiterate our innocence against the charges filed by the Attorney General of the Federal Government of Nigeria at the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) High Court on the allegations of forgery of the Senate Standing Rules document.

“In our view, the charges filed by the Attorney General represent a violation of the principle of the Separation of Powers between the Executive Branch and the Legislative Branch as enshrined in our Constitution. Furthermore, it is farcical to allege that a criminal act occurred during Senate procedural actions and the mere suggestion demonstrates a desperate overreach by the office of the Attorney General. These trumped up charges is only another phase in the relentless persecution of the leadership of the Senate

“This misguided action by the Attorney General begs the question, how does this promote the public interest and benefit the nation? At a time when the whole of government should be working together to meet Nigeria’s many challenges, we are once again distracted by the Executive Branch’s inability to move beyond a leadership election among Senate peers. It was not an election of Senate peers and Executive Branch participants.

“Over the past year the Senate has worked to foster good relations with the Executive Branch. It is in all of our collective interests to put aside divisions and get on with the nation’s business. We risk alienating and losing the support of the very people who have entrusted their national leaders to seek new and creative ways to promote a secure and prosperous Nigeria. As leaders and patriots, it is time to rise above partisanship and to move forward together.”

Saraki stated that a nefarious group within the government of President Buhari have seized the apparatus of Executive powers to pursue their selfish agenda.

“This latest onslaught on the Legislature represents a clear and present danger to the democracy Nigerians fought hard to win and preserve. The suit filed on behalf of the Federal government suggests that perhaps some forces in the Federal Republic have not fully embraced the fact that the Senate’s rules and procedures govern how the legislative body adjudicates and resolves its own disputes,” he said.

The Senate President maintained that he would continue to rise above all persecutions and distractions.

“Let it be abundantly clear, both as a citizen and as a foremost Legislator, I will continue to rise above all the persecution and distraction that have been visited on me. In the words of Martin Luther King Junior, “the ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at a time of challenge and controversy”.

“I will remain true and committed to the responsibilities that my citizenship and my office impose on me. Without doubt, the highest of those responsibilities is the steadfast refusal to surrender to the subversion of our democracy and the desecration of the Senate.

“This is a cross I am prepared to carry. If yielding to the nefarious agenda of a few individuals who are bent in undermining our democracy and destabilising the Federal government to satisfy their selfish interests is the alternative to losing my personal freedom, let the doors of jails be thrown open and I shall be a happy guest,” Saraki added.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/27/im-ready-to-go-to-jail-saraki/

12 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by evy1(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
grin grin Jail ko Jail ni.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by emerged01(m): 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hmm
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by Airforce1(m): 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
No peace for the wicked.

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by druxy(m): 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
as long as corrupt Alfas exist in ilorin...Fg can't get this yeye man

karma is coming for you.....

#ilorin mesujamba

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
launch impeachment proceedings against PMB. Wield your legislative power for once!

115 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
what do you mean?
druxy:
as long as Alfas exist in ilorin...Fg can't get this yeye man
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by DONSMITH123(m): 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
“This is a cross I am prepared to carry. If yielding to the nefarious agenda of a few individuals who are bent in undermining our democracy and destabilising the Federal government to satisfy their selfish interests is the alternative to losing my personal freedom, let the doors of jails be thrown open and I shall be a happy guest,” Saraki added.

Abeg, who go help me open gate na.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by DONSMITH123(m): 5:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
angels09:
launch impeachment proceedings against PMB. Wield your legislative power for once!

hian

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by Sealeddeal(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
druxy:
as long as Alfas exist in ilorin...Fg can't get this yeye man
you're quite funny. Na Alfas dey defend him for court or certified lawyers?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by tomakint: 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
Stupid rogue trying aimlessly to whip up unnecessary emotions among his dumb supporters undecided jail you shall go as you have declared.

140 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seems he has surrender. No hope again

Even pdp ain't power to help me

4 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by nerodenero: 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
Inasmuch as I'd have wanted Sarakill to resign from that post which I know he won't or be jailed over all these allegations coupled with how his family reduced Societel Generale Bank to nothing and the looting when he was Governor of Kwara State, the present administration has refused to look inward to also bring to book many APC members that have been enmeshed in corruption charges. Bubu's eyes aided by thick lenses doesn't see how his loyalist have fraudulently enriched themselves and his ears despite being fixed in the UK only listens to progress report on how some perceived enemies are been hunted by EFCC.

Yes, Sarakill should be jailed but what happens to other polithiefcians loyal to PMB that are as corrupt as Sarakill? Good that people are being investigated but it shouldn't be one-sided.

This simply shows that any administration in Nigeria, there are some untouchables!!! Sarakill was one of the untouchables until he played smart to become Senate President, the reason for the witch-hunt and PMB plus APC won't rest until he is removed.

If we continue to treat corruption cases like this, there's no ending to it.

50 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by druxy(m): 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
Sealeddeal:
you're quite funny. Na Alfas dey defend him for court or certified lawyers?
this might sound odd...but don't underestimate the power of spiritual/religious personalities..... He has their full support....

7 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by henrysam(m): 5:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
DONSMITH123:

Abeg, who go help me open gate na.
Search for the key and open it yourself. Abi na mekuturu u be?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by DONSMITH123(m): 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
henrysam:

Search for the key and open it yourself. Abi na mekuturu u be?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by SweetLove0(f): 5:34pm On Jun 27, 2016
tongue
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by SweetLove0(f): 5:35pm On Jun 27, 2016
nerodenero:
Inasmuch as I'd have wanted Sarakill to resign from that post which I know he won't or be jailed over all these allegations coupled with how his family reduced Societel Generale Bank to nothing and the looting when he was Governor of Kwara State, the present administration has refused to look inward to also bring to book many of APC folds that have been enmeshed in corruption charges. PMB has failed in this aspect.

Yes, Sarakill should be jailed but what happens to other polithiefcians loyal to PMB that are as corrupt as Sarakill?

This imply shows that in any administration in Nigeria, there are some untouchables!!! Sarakill was one of the untouchables until he played smart to become Senate President and PMB and APC won't rest until he is removed.

If we continue to treat corruption cases like this, there's no ending to corruption.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by babdap: 5:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
Saraki can lie, am not surprise he is from the same state with lia mohammed. Lies and Kwara politicians are like Fayose and wailing.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by Achuwa1(m): 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
zombies wount like diss,,,,but the fact there is tht saraki has come to stay & he will serve his full 4 yrs & anoda 4 yrs if the need arises.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ahhh
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by veekid(m): 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2016
Why won't you go to jail; when you know you thief true true; ole

3 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by Teemoney11(m): 6:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
Why

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by aare07(m): 6:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
T
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by bigerboy200: 6:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
U aren't better than the criminals in kirikiri

6 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by admax(m): 6:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
Have a safe trip sir btw do you need transport money?

7 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by looseweight: 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
OK oooo

IAMLOOSWEIGHT
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
I hope Dino is ready to go with you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by Flexherbal(m): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
The law will decide.
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
Good. Then, let's wait & see how it will unfold.
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki by Akshow: 6:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
And jail you shall go. Ole

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ambode Reacts To Plan To Defect From APC / Man Ate At A Canteen In Kano & Paid N30, Mob Threatened To Beat Him / Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.