Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,879 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

First Time Traveller - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Time Traveller (1290 Views)

Uk, US Or China, Which On Is Advisable For A First Time Traveller In Case Of Vis / Flight Boarding: Need Help As A First Time Traveller. / Pregnant Traveller To The U.s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Time Traveller by jossy26: 12:10pm On Sep 04, 2009
First tytm
Re: First Time Traveller by dinggle: 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2009
intend exchanging some naira to lyk ₤2000 hope itsnt too mch 2 hold cos I dnt v tym to apply 4 a mastercard and also wat shd I xpect at the immigration

@poster while nairaland is a place for information and advise, you should also understand that in Nairaland the good, urgly and bad prevails. So dont write to make ur self vunerable to scrollers. I believe u should have said some money instead of stating the specific amount! So now, that u've bn exposed u might wanna be wary of info plus anyone tryin to contact u!, good luck,

Basically as long as ur sch is picking u up, u re good to go, at the Nigeria exist point, it is simply
Tender - Stamp - Board
Re: First Time Traveller by hamjola: 1:03pm On Sep 04, 2009
Let me first congratulate u on ur being granted a u.k visa.Their is always a first time in everything. You dont need to worry much,u only need a good travel agent dat will take care of ur flight ticket and ur boarding pass and who also will be wit u when u r checking in ur loads and when u finally depart.u need to have all d copies of ur admission letter handy.U may need to get a small bag or waist bag where u can keep dat wit ur passport and boarding pass.2,000 pounds is ok  to carry but nigeria immigration officers can be funny and might ask why a student like u is carry dat amount.u can tell them u need it to sort out some things in school cos u dont what to be a burden to anyone.since the the school is picking u up at heathrow u dont have much problem.just be calm and confident.safe journey.
Re: First Time Traveller by jossy26: 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2009
@hamjola nd dingle,tnx so mch m vry much aware of naija peeps nd wrond advises so no wahala as per dat.a gud travel agent is d problem to help me out nd m kinda nervous
Re: First Time Traveller by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2009
Don't declare how much you have got to anyone in Nigeria!!
They are greedy and might start saying crap since you are JJC!!

Nothing to worry about except don't fly Bellview grin
You are allowed to carry as much money as u like, You only declare above $5000 I think.
£2000 is not too much!!!
Re: First Time Traveller by candylips(m): 2:30pm On Sep 04, 2009
** Time Traveller shocked **

oops its something else grin
Re: First Time Traveller by EAsY6: 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2009
jossy26:

Hello guys I v jst bn granted a uk student visa and I wish to travel soonest but I v a problem;I am a 1st tym traveller and my first tym in an airplane pls I wnt experience guys to help me out in getting a gud travel agent to book my flight ticket any idea as per d ticket fare to heathrow, wat nd wat shd I nt take along wt me, intend exchanging some naira to lyk ₤2000 hope itsnt too mch 2 hold cos I dnt v tym to apply 4 a mastercard and also wat shd I xpect at the immigration departing 4rm naija nd arriving in the uk my school already made arrangement of airport pickup in d uk so dat is cleared. inshort everythin I need to know I be otondo I v nt travelled b4.make una help me ooo.tnks nd God bless

Congrats to you, Well I am a student like you and just arrived in the UK, There's no big deal regarding a flight.Like someone said, the only thing you need not do is fly bellview. Just take a cab or enter bus to MMA, (you don't need all those fake agent of NL  lipsrsealed) You will find B.A.,V.A. airlines on the second floor, they are both reliable, a bit expensive but they will give you a good deal, you know you need to get here in time, so get on it,

Keep your visa letter and school document in your hand bag,(Also, be prepared to answer question on your course of study lol) If you can,have an xray done or just don't worry, you will have one done at the port of entry which ever way. Regarding the money, you no need broadcast, I had MUCH more  grin than what you mention  when i arrived here and there was no problem,  Good luck and be safe!
Re: First Time Traveller by noblegas2(m): 9:17am On Sep 07, 2009
aysometin:

Don't declare how much you have got to anyone in Nigeria!!
They are greedy and might start saying crap since you are JJC!!

Nothing to worry about except don't fly Bellview grin
You are allowed to carry as much money as u like, You only declare above $5000 I think.
£2000 is not too much!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol, i tend to see dis everytime

(1) (Reply)

American Visitting Visa / Travelling To Uk With British Passport / Help Sending Luggage To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.