Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu (39607 Views)

Governor Ikpeazu Receives Obasanjo In Abia As He Arrives For A Burial Ceremony / Jubilation In Aba As Nnamdi Kanu Is Granted Bail (Photos) / Uche Ogah Arraigned For Forgery And Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by kahal29: 6:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
THERE was jubilation in Abakaliki and Umuahia following a court ruling by an Abuja Federal High Court mandating the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC to immediately issue Certificate of Return to Mr. Uche Oga who took second position at the last Peoples Democratic Party, PDP primaries in Abia State.

Hundreds of indigenes of Isukwuato Community in Abakaliki on hearing the news took to the streets chanting solidarity songs in support of the ruling by the court.

The President of the union in Ebonyi State, Mr. Philip Egwu who described the judgment as victory for democracy commended the judiciary for living up to its responsibility.

Mr. Egwu noted that Mr. Uche Ogah would not just transform Abia State but would also use his wealth of experience to rebuild the state and make it a destination point for investors.

Mr. Egwu who described Mr. Uche Ogah as a detrabalized Abia man noted that Abia state and its environs would witness unsual development and called on the people of the state to support Uche Ogah to enable him take the state to the next level.

In a telephone interview with some leaders of thought in Abia state, they described the judgment as a sign of better things to come for Abian noting that Aba and other commercial cities in the state would be happier with Uche Ogah as the new Governor of the state.

Mr. Chidiebere Ogbonna, a Community leader in Umuahia said that Abia people and indeed the People’s Democratic Party faithfuls yearned for Mr. Ogah as their Governor and regretted the evil manipulations of some few individuals that thwarted the plans of God for the state.

He appealed to Governor Okezie Ikpeazu to accept the court verdict and relinquish the office to a more experienced and better candidate that would take Abia to its pride of place.

A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja had today ordered the Governor of Abia State, Okezie Ikpeazu, to vacate office immediately for submitting false information to his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, for the party’s governorship primary in December 2014.

Justice Okon Abang in a judgment today ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC to immediately issue a certificate of return to the plaintiff, Uche Ogah, who polled the second highest number of votes in the primary. Ends

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/jubilation-abakaliki-abia-court-orders-inec-issue-certificate-return-uche-ogah/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by henrysam(m): 6:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
Is there any abakaliki in abia? The one I know is in ebonyi state

16 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by kahal29: 6:36pm On Jun 27, 2016
henrysam:

Read the second paragraph again..... It says....

Hundreds of indigenes of Isukwuato Community in Abakaliki on hearing the news took to the streets chanting solidarity songs in support of the ruling by the court.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by doyinisaac(m): 6:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
henrysam:
Learn to read the content of a news and not just the topic...

18 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by Godyke(m): 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
Me too I was confused at first when I saw the title of the post not until when I read the second paragraph. Please rearrange the title to avoid controversy

2 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by Branzy(m): 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
another round of court action.. Supreme Court last bus stop

6 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by DaBullIT(m): 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
Severussnape

Do you still want to place that bet?

4 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by Ufranklin92(m): 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
wink
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by Flexherbal(m): 8:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hope you will fulfil your promises after power has been given to you?
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by orimion(m): 8:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
Is this sack least? Do they have the authority?

1 Like

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by Bsc(m): 8:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
After this storm ... Inyerere of APC ...will drag him to court too.. All aspirant now wanting her share of the bail out fund.
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
Pictures of the people jubilating or u know the rest.
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by olapluto(m): 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2016
This doesnt sound right. A man who never campaigned is handed the governorship. Why not order a rerun?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by Mcowubaba: 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2016
This Man (Ugah) will be definately better than Ikpeazu
That fat creature.....
How many years will Okezie spend in Courts, before u know it, 2nd tenure campaign will start....

He has not completed any road project since 1 year...
Abia State has the worst roads in the entire Nigeria...
Umuahia is among the least developed Capital in the Country...

I read online that he had working in Aba, but I went to Aba 2 weeks ago, I didnt see any damn freaking work, osisioma, ogbor Hill Roads sad angry angry...

I don't hate Ikpeazu, I have nothing against him, but Abia State has suffered so much with bad wicked Governance, for Orji Uzor Theif to Theif A Orji... Haba.. Na curse dem curse the state.....

8 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by yomalex(m): 8:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
olapluto:
This doesnt sound right. A man who never campaigned is handed the governorship. Why not order a rerun?
of what? Party primaries?

2 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by dunkem21(m): 8:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
Mcowubaba:
That fat creature.....
How many years will Okezie spend in Courts, before u know it, 2nd tenure campaign will start....
I read online that he had working in Aba, but I went to Aba 2 weeks ago, I didnt see any damn freaking work, osisioma, ogbor Hill Roads sad angry angry...
I don't hate Ikpeazu, I have nothing against him, but Abia State has suffered so much with bad wicked Governance, for Orji Uzor Theif to Theif A Orji... Haba.. Na curse dem curse the state.....

Stop this already.. Okezie tried and is still trying but doesn't change the fact that Uche is sound.

11 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ok
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by psucc(m): 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
They would use judiciary and Shetttima to destroy whatever is left of the PDP.
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by BABANGBALI: 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
Dis guy too resemble me walahi

1 Like

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by onepluone: 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
Mcowubaba:
This Man will be better than Ikpeazu

U hide and come out only to support evil everyday here on nairaland. Why?

How are we sure ur not an evil spirit?

2 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by haconjy(m): 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
hhhh
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by shugaboy6102(m): 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
But okezie is working now its a shame he forged he's certificate.well i wish Abia well.
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by shamecurls(m): 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
[size=38pt]#IStandWithUcheOgar[/size]

grin grin grin grin
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
supreme court will give it to okezie

2 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by Ikwokrikwo: 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ikpeazu is governor till supreme court's judgement

4 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by united101: 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2016
This is fantastic. But can someone educate me? Does the status quo remain while he appeals or he has to vacate the seat.

Sometimes, they say they should remain in tbe office while they appeal.

I need light on this please.
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by excel4us: 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
kedu maka OkeZuo Abia?
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by Mcowubaba: 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
onepluone:

U hide and come out only to support evil everyday here on nairaland. Why?

How are we sure ur not an evil spirit?
Lwkmd, who be dis 1 shocked shocked
U dey monitor me, do I knw you undecided undecided
Which evil do I support, Uche Oga na Evil......

Pls stop skipping ur Alzheimer disease medication

2 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
The Target is Ochendo Theodore Orji(

2 Likes

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by walozanga(m): 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
abakaliki in abia state... hhhmmmmh
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
Mcowubaba:
That fat creature.....

Ahhhh... isn't this all Buhari's fault? Oh, y'all suddenly remember that youve had Governors these past 16 years?

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Confirms Rochas Okorocha's Arrest / Gold Discovered In Bagwai And Shanno LGA In Kano (photos) / Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.