Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,954 members, 7,799,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

This Guy Stole My LG G3 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Guy Stole My LG G3 (7123 Views)

This Guy Stole My Phone And He Is Using It..how Do I Track Him Down? / This Guy Stole My Samsung Phone And Never Knew It Backed Up All His Photo / Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Guy Stole My LG G3 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 27, 2016
About 3 months ago I lost my LG G3 in traffic. I was driving and I didn't find up, a guy was hitting my car hard and as I tried to look at him to find out what the problem was his partner put his hand in my car from the other side and took my lg g3. I had both the g3 and galaxy s6 in my car, luckily he was only able to take the g3. I called him that same night , offered to give him 20k to return the phone and he said he would all back. He didn't call, I still called him when I got home, he answered and we had a deal that he drops the phone somewhere and I I'll one there to pick it and pay him 20k. Cut long story short the deal never happened as he turned off the phone.

I wiped off the phone remotely as I had McAfee security on my phone. 3 months later McAfee just informed me that someone tried to unlock my phone. Wtf.m does that mean they haven't sold this phone since 3 months and they haven't managed to flash it? The phone is currently in Kodesho street which is in computer village Ikeja. This is the picture of the technician trying to unlock the phone. Unknown to him my phone will keep taking pictures of anyone that tries to unlock it.

5 Shares

Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by cnwokike(m): 6:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
I love that technology

45 Likes

Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by toyeoye(m): 6:45pm On Jun 27, 2016
this helps a lot. how can I get it too?the phone Has been sold obviously. the ball is in your court now,it all depends on how bad you want the phone back
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by Adamsdelrio(m): 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
Wow.... Thieffing is gradually becoming more dangerous as technology keeps advancinggrin

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by DEAFandDUMB(f): 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
If the phone is yet to be flashed or unlocked, how can the software or the McAfee security snap and upload the image to their database base without network connectivity..
Please explain how this works..

14 Likes

Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by absoluteSuccess: 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
this guy is indirectly in trouble.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by dominique(f): 7:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
I don't believe that's the person that snatched your phone but the person that is trying to get access to it. Still, that doesn't make him any less a thief, hope he gets apprehended.

I'd like to install this feature on my devices, can someone shed more light on it?

2 Likes

Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by chachanga: 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:
If the phone is yet to be flashed or unlocked, how can the software or the McAfee security snap and upload the image to their database base without network connectivity..

Probably works like CleanMaster & other such Apps. You may keep accessing the phone prolly becos it binds with the firmware. I wouldn't have had any questions if it were it Blackberry product. Make hin com explain beta.

But you sef, madam! Yousure say u dey deafNdumb as u "Y'helloPackage" like dis abi dey form Dumebi jst to fall boys hand shocked?

Na dis ur packaging make Falz to dey stammer in dat MTN advert grin grin
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

Well the McAfee was pre installed on the phone. I set the security is such a way that when anybody tries to unlock it and it fails 3 times it will take a selfie of the intruder. Then when the phone was stolen, I logged in to McAfee with my acct and there I can lock the phone, set alarm or wipe it remotely, or send a number to the lock screen on phone where the intruder can call. Selfie of the intruder will be taken and sent to my email

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
dominique:
I don't believe that's the person that snatched your phone but the person that is trying to get access to it. Still, that doesn't make him any less a thief, hope he gets apprehended.

I'd like to install this feature on my devices, can someone shed more light on it?

I know that is not the thief. This picture was taken in computer village, u can see the phones behind the guy. He is probably the engineer that bought it or he's trying to flash it.
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2016
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
toyeoye:
this helps a lot. how can I get it too?the phone Has been sold obviously. the ball is in your court now,it all depends on how bad you want the phone back

I can easily track this guy if I wish to. I know kodeso street in Computer village, this guy is probably an engineer, I can take his picture to the street with policemen in mufty and make enquiry, I'm sure someone will know him. The thing is this... Is the stress worth it? I've already gotten over the phone. I brought this online because I might be lucky someone here might actually know this guy.

5 Likes

Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by DEAFandDUMB(f): 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2016
chachanga:

Probably works like CleanMaster & other such Apps. You may keep accessing the phone prolly becos it binds with the firmware. I wouldn't have had any questions if it were it Blackberry product. Make hin com explain beta.

But you sef, madam! Yousure say u dey deafNdumb as u "Y'helloPackage" like dis abi dey form Dumebi jst to fall boys hand shocked?

Na dis ur packaging make Falz to dey stammer in dat MTN advert grin grin

Bros leave matter for Mathias oooo..

As you see me so, you done see me finish.. I only hear reasonable and right thinking words here and any other words less than that goes to my deaf and dumb identity..

Now back to the matter..

I've understood how the process works, even my Avast does same thing too when I link devices to my account..I can remotely operate the device from my system.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2016
Actually I just checked the mail again and this picture was taken on March 25th. That's 3 months ago so the phone is long gone.
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by DEAFandDUMB(f): 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
greenhulk:

Well the McAfee was pre installed on the phone. I set the security is such a way that when anybody tries to unlock it and it fails 3 times it will take a selfie of the intruder. Then when the phone was stolen, I logged in to McAfee with my acct and there I can lock the phone, set alarm or wipe it remotely, or send a number to the lock screen on phone where the intruder can call. Selfie of the intruder will be taken and sent to my email

Like my Spanish friends will always say;

"Muchas gracias por su explicación"

Meaning thank you for your explanation.

Gracias..
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by OmichaelO: 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
I've Seen The Guy Before. He's Not An Engineer Per Se, More Like Streetboy (hustler). The Person Probably Sold The Phone To Him. He's Mostly At The Entrance Of Cv Opposite Affordables And Not Too Far From Slot...Unfortunately, I Don't Know His Name.

5 Likes

Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by OgaTheTop2: 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
The picture up there might not be that of the phone repair technician. Might actually be the thief that stole the phone or the innocent one that bought it. Question is, how do you now trace the phone to the technician?
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by jmichlins(m): 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2016
greenhulk:

I can easily track this guy if I wish to. I know kodeso street in Computer village, this guy is probably an engineer, I can take his picture to the street with policemen in mufty and make enquiry, I'm sure someone will know him. The thing is this... Is the stress worth it? I've already gotten over the phone. I brought this online because I might be lucky someone here might actually know this guy.
if you remember well i quoted you about helping me with any of your used device and you told me that you had a phone stolen so you do not have any phone to spare. I would have taken a screenshot of the quote but my feature phone do not have such feature. So please if not for the sake of justice or vengeance, but charity and help please get the phone and help me with it than leave it in the hands of the guy. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by Godwin978(m): 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
this my small tecon dose more than this, with SMART APP LOCK. if anybody try to unlock my phone if It fails one time. it will automatically record video and snap the person through front camera, and send it to my email account i can then see who tried to unlock it. it also have sms feature that i can send keywords to my device to lock/unlock etc is only map location dat it doesn't have.

2 Likes

Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
jmichlins:
if you remember well i quoted you about helping me with any of your used device and you told me that you had a phone stolen so you do not have any phone to spare. I would have taken a screenshot of the quote but my feature phone do not have such feature. So please if not for the sake of justice or vengeance, but charity and help please get the phone and help me with it than leave it in the hands of the guy. Thanks

I'll try and see what I can do. But I think the phone is long gone since this picture was taken on March 25th
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by jmichlins(m): 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
greenhulk:

I'll try and see what I can do. But I think the phone is long gone since this picture was taken on March 25th
its ok but if eventually you get it or you have a luxury of used device i will gladly accept. Thanks and goodnight
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by Clinton594(m): 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2016
Greenhulk trust me, SARS would like this kind of thing, and about the stress..... Leave matter for Matthias, Na the guy go pay for everything. AVG has done it's job, the ball is now in your court .

This is an easy job for SARS
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by mu2sa2: 10:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
The camera lens can be blocked rendering the security useless. This guy is a learner otherwise he would have done that.Even locating the phone by gps can be of no consequence in nigeria since the police may not be helpful in recovering it unless you are a "big man". Again, pray that your phone has not been dismantled in readiness to selling the parts piecemeal. Op just take it that your phone is gone for good - well, you may be lucky sha.

1 Like

Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by jackyraw09: 10:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
mu2sa2:
The camera lens can be blocked rendering the security useless. This guy is a learner otherwise he would have done that.Even locating the phone by gps can be of no consequence in nigeria since the police may not be helpful in recovering it unless you are a "big man". Again, pray that your phone has not been dismantled in readiness to selling the parts piecemeal. Op just take it that your phone is gone for good - well, you may be lucky sha.

people like you are the reason why we will take years to progress in this country.

abeg, are you supporting the thief or what exactly you are trying to tell us with this useless post of urs.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by mu2sa2: 10:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
jackyraw09:

people like you are the reason why we will take years to progress in this country.

abeg, are you supporting the thief or what exactly you are trying to tell us with this useless post of urs.
Not that i'm supporting the criminal.Just pointing out the challenges op will face in trying to recover the phone.

2 Likes

Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by adekola02(m): 11:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
so why are u hia tellin us...... u don reach d place with police or u dey wait make i follow u........ go and collect ur phone in Jesus name.....
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by adekola02(m): 11:06pm On Jun 27, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:
..... come on.... even common locks app can snap and save picture without any internet connectivity....... wake up dude
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by tomquest: 11:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
dominique:

Google
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by Kizyte(m): 11:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
Report him to the police
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by tomquest: 11:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
greenhulk:

Take out time on a Saturday and go there with about 2 soldiers (If you have a commissioned officer friend, he would arrange this, I don't believe in police). I believe you will get the technician. In less than 30 minutes he would bring you guys face to face with the armed robber. That's the point where the soldiers would really enjoy because the beating eh, e go be like say make ground swallow am.

It's worth it, just do it. I don't know if you are worth a billion Naira for you to tell us that recovering your well deserved property is not important.
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
Op since u have his picture report him, don't let us keep this people.
Re: This Guy Stole My LG G3 by tomquest: 11:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
mu2sa2:

This your comment is bad because you are giving similar criminals ideas to perfect their crime. Op needs POSITIVE advice I'm sure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blazing! How To Get MTN 48GB For Free / I Am Now Afraid Of Google! / How Do I Convert .txt To .jar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.