Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,556 members, 7,801,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. (4174 Views)

RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna / ***breaking News - G-unit Signs Mode 9 *** / Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by Caliente(m): 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2009
[size=13pt]Can't believe it. I had Bad Man track by Mode 9 no doubt bad instrumental for shizzie. If it were somebody whose bad with voices he would've been like; that's MI for shizzie. Is it just me or is Java's god (M9) copying MI's style. Please just listen to the song and share your thoughts.[/size]
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by khanye(m): 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2009
@ poster

U'r a Fool! cool
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by dunzy: 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2009
at all dey re very diff, m.i is supreme
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by dejiariyo: 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2009
are u saying modenine sounds like lil wayne cos we all know M.I sound like lil wayne and i listened to the same track u talking about, modenine dont sound like lil wayne
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by kaydee(m): 4:58pm On Sep 04, 2009
M.I doesn't have a voice so no one can sound like him
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by lawrence83: 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2009
did u listen to the song at all?, cos he was even dissing someone in the song, that is a generic version of lil wayne,

so why on earth will he want to sound like lil wayne, which MI sounds like.
bad instumental? i concur but sounding like MI? not at all
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by chrisical(m): 9:01am On Sep 05, 2009
They are different.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by javalove(m): 9:42am On Sep 05, 2009
so dere r still fools on NL?
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by chrisical(m): 10:30am On Sep 05, 2009
javalove:

Who are the fools
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by semid4lyfe(m): 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2009
Another silly M.I adoration thread.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by TOYOSI20(f): 11:03pm On Sep 05, 2009
khanye:

@ poster

U'r a Fool! cool
javalove:

u apparently just ticked off the real Mode 9 fans up in here!! lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by MrCrackles(m): 11:04pm On Sep 05, 2009
TOYOSI20:

u apparently just ticked off the real Mode 9 fans up in here!! lipsrsealed cheesy
Toyosi you are a Mode 9 bum hugger too! tongue
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by TOYOSI20(f): 11:18pm On Sep 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

Toyosi you are a Mode 9 bum hugger too! tongue

nahhh, . . . .not a fan at all shocked, . . .his song wid Nnena was cool, . . .what was it again, . . .CRY or something, . . . undecided
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by A40(m): 11:23pm On Sep 05, 2009
First off i dont think Mode sounded like M.I on this joint.Secondly where do you guys get that whole M.I sounds like Wayne he only did that in one song so u guys should cut it out.Thirdly on current form M.I is the best rap cat out there
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by rapjunkie(m): 10:23am On Sep 06, 2009
Caliente:

[size=13pt]Can't believe it. I had Bad Man track by Mode 9 no doubt bad instrumental for shizzie. If it were somebody whose bad with voices he would've been like; that's MI for shizzie. Is it just me or is Java's god (M9) copying MI's style. Please just listen to the song and share your thoughts.[/size]

@poster

u must be really stupid
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by fdigital(m): 1:54pm On Sep 06, 2009
@poster u are fool for saying that . . . MI n M9 voice never sound's alike and secondly M9 can never rhym like MI. . . All he does is to wear big shoes and big chains and make noice on a mic like a hungry tiger, .so never u compare the two of em again c.os MI is far bera than Mode9. . .and for those of ya that said mi mimick's lilwayne . . Go get the right cd c.os the one's ya got is pirated
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by eldee(m): 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2009
Whose got the song??

Unlike some fucktards, I'll like to examine the poster's evidence.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by rapjunkie(m): 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2009
eldee:

Whose got the song??

Unlike some fucktards, I'll like to examine the poster's evidence.

u havnt heard 'badman'

few links here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-300487.0.html
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 06, 2009
Hey guys there is this new Nigerian artiste i was listening to,his name is FEMI, his music is really good just thought id let you know, u can listen to his songs on www.myspace.com/femigotsoul or http://www.sturvs.com/Music/Ma_Pa_Mi_By_FEMI_Featuring_Ego/
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by eldee(m): 9:34pm On Sep 06, 2009
That is what I call SHAMELESS SWAGGER JACKING!!!

For Bleep's sake. . .

I'm disappointed . . . Modenine should be ashamed of himself.
Here I was wondering why all the Modenine fans went on the defensive!!!
This is a disgrace.

So because we talk about his crap delivery on the web the best he could do was steal M.I's signature??
All of you should be ashamed of yourselves . . . desperately trying to cover the truth.
Even those that have been on M.I's back for sounding like Weezy/Ye/Jigga/T-Pain came here to defend Modenine??
Where has integirity gone to??
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by eldee(m): 9:36pm On Sep 06, 2009
el: chill, wanted you to listen to this song

Sleek Gene: which song

el: http://www.esnips.com/doc/4158b871-226a-43a4-9f00-f113104d16a8/Swaggerman-dope---mode9-ft-A1

Sleek Gene: pls, not anoti again

el: lol, nah

Sleek Gene: ok

el: tell me who the person sounds like

el: who does he sound like??

el: listen carefully

Sleek Gene: hold on

Sleek Gene: M.I.

Sleek Gene: he sounds like M.I.

el: it's unbelievable

Sleek Gene: he's a cheat

YIM convo between Sauron and Myself this evening
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by Sauron1: 9:38pm On Sep 06, 2009
eldee:

For mess's sake. . .

This is a disgrace.

So because we talk about his crap delivery on the web the best he could do was steal M.I's signature??
All of you should be ashamed of yourselves . . . desperately trying to cover the truth.
Even those that have been on M.I's back for sounding like Weezy/Ye/Jigga/T-Pain came here to defend Modenine??

Without a shadow of a doubt, Modenine had M.I. on his mind when he was rapping on that song.
His style here was totally different to anything he spat on in the past.
This new style is M.I.'s style.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by eldee(m): 9:40pm On Sep 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Without a shadow of a doubt, Modenine had M.I. on his mind when he was rapping on that song.
His style here was totally different to anything he spat on in the past.
This new style is M.I.'s style.

I can't stop laughing . . . it's hilarious.
Funny thing is, on this same song he said sumone is the 'generic version of Lil Wayne'
This is pure biting.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by Sauron1: 9:43pm On Sep 06, 2009
eldee:

I can't stop laughing . . . it's hilarious.
Funny thing is, on this same song he said sumone is the 'generic version of Lil Wayne'
This is pure biting.

Too early to tell but i will be watching out for his other drops.
M.I. is really giving Mode-9 a run for his money in Naija.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by eldee(m): 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Too early to tell but i will be watching out for his other drops.
M.I. is really giving Mode-9 a run for his money in Naija.
What message is Modenine sending to the kids?? 'If you wanna be the best, sound like the best' grin grin
I don't care what he does with his other songs but let no one tell me this ain't swagger jacking.
Come on . . . this is like KRS-One doing Lollipop cheesy
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by Sauron1: 9:53pm On Sep 06, 2009
eldee:

What message is Modenine sending to the kids?? 'If you wanna be the best, sound like the best' grin grin
I don't care what he does with his other songs but let no one tell me this ain't swagger jacking.
Come on . . . this is like KRS-One doing Lollipop cheesy

Letz wait for the defense of the modestans. . . . .
Who knows. . . . .Mode-9 might have used this style before M.I. hit the limelight.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by kaydee(m): 11:12pm On Sep 06, 2009
eldee:

For mess's sake. . .

This is a disgrace.

Even those that have been on M.I's back for sounding like Weezy/Ye/Jigga/T-Pain came here to def a end Modenine??

U're just a blind hater!!!! M.I's signature which yeye signature M.I get? I heard M.I wayback when he was coming up and i know what he sounded like back then before jacking Lil Wayne & Khanye,

It's obvious your point of view held punches and why look up to sauron(No 1 Mode hater) to corroborate ur statement?As long as it's coming from both of U, na lie!!!!!!!!!!!!! And don't ever accuse anyone of jacking M.I's style again,it's impossicant
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by Sauron1: 11:14pm On Sep 06, 2009
@ Kaydee,

I don't hate Mode-9. I have all his albums.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by kaydee(m): 12:07am On Sep 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

@ Kaydee,

I don't hate Mode-9. I have all his albums.

Man!!! U're born again!!! Waz xpecting U to do it ur usual way, Now i believe U and Wordsmith just wanna see pple lose it, Lol, cuz i know both of U know better.

@ Topic

yeah! This is Mode outta his element but still lyrical.I've been waiting for Mode to sell out and appeal to non heads cuz Dude paid his dues already and this is close and still dope. When i heard the track at 1st,i was like why did he feature Djinee too because A1 dude was just going on like Djinee on the Safe track.I heard Mode too and i was like why is he tryna sound like Weezy or one of em southern Cats but it's what i've been praying for cuz i want him to blow and hammer real big and everyone is luving the track, When i heard the Wayne line,i got the message and i luv the track more.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by slimshay(m): 8:14am On Sep 07, 2009
FFS the track had a southern beat, what was he meant to do, keep his steady hardcopre typa flow? And then ya'll hear people coming on here about how he ruined the beat. Anyways beat , flow or not, lyrics still coming out on point. Methinks Mode has learnt switch styles to flow with the beat, hell, thats not a bad thing. Heard the track with mo-chedda? he did his thing in the first verse and in the end of second verse he switched to some jayz-ish kinda flow. Folks been going on about how he's too hardcore, now he's switched styles on a track and here comes another accusa. Abeg!!!

@ Lord Sauron, na lie, you don yab mode tire fopr this Nl. abi no be so?!
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by DBR: 8:38am On Sep 07, 2009
U dont get called a hater cos u hate.
U r only called one cos hate is ur heart.
wat arrant puke?!
@Eldee- ur reply is always predictable, u cant help it, can u?.
Saurone, c'mon u ma man but times u trouble ma judgement of u being unbaise.
Obviously M.i switched style, e'rone knows he sounds like Weezy, He himself agrees
but says he's confident of makin good music irrespective of who he sounds like,
and i dont have any problem wit that, i luvv the dude to death.

Drake sounds like Ye, Young chris sounds Jay, and so on, nobody is dyin'
Badman, M9 sounds like M.i, puhhhhleaseeeee!
If AT ALL u wanna go that route it's beta u say he sounds like Weezy, cos we all
know that's who M.i took his swag from(And i dont have a prob wit that).
But the prob is dat i dont see Weez in the Badman track.

Now for reference, there couple of songs that M9 sounds kinda "hoarse"
Kinda like the way he sounded on Badman.
Quick top of mind is "the game needs me".
And i'm a Big fan of both M9 and M.i, so dont get it twisted.
oNe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download: Cassper Nyovest – 428 To SA #ashes2ashes (AKA Diss) / Olamide - Infinity Lyrics / Help:does Any One Know Jacob Akinyemi Johnson (jaj) Of Silverbird

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.