Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. (4175 Views)

RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna / ***breaking News - G-unit Signs Mode 9 *** / Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by eldee(m): 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2009
kaydee:

U're just a blind hater!!!! M.I's signature which yeye signature M.I get? I heard M.I wayback when he was coming up and i know what he sounded like back then before jacking Lil Wayne & Khanye,

It's obvious your point of view held punches and why look up to sauron(No 1 Mode hater) to corroborate your statement?As long as it's coming from both of U, na lie!!!!!!!!!!!!! And don't ever accuse anyone of jacking M.I's style again,it's impossicant

Your defense is laughable . . .
Because it's coming from Moi, it's a lie?? Come on!!!

I know you're trying to bring up the fact that Lil Wayne has a major inflence on M.I's delivery . . . but all I see is a shameless attempt at covering the obvious truth.
I don't care what M.I used to sound like . . . I don't care to know what Uni he went to.

But one thing I'm sure is, this rapper on the track I got from Lalaboi's Businessfiles is an M.I impersonator.
Experimenting, testing . . . whatever the Bleep he's doing . . . I just liket see people tell the truth when they see it or not bother to reply at all. undecided undecided
I'm sure even Modenine won't deny it . . . saying Modenine didn't have M.I in his mind while doing this song 'is like saying Naeto C never heard of T.I'
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by eldee(m): 3:55pm On Sep 07, 2009
DBR:

U dont get called a hater cos u hate.
U r only called one cos hate is your heart.
wat arrant puke?!
@Eldee- your reply is always predictable, u cant help it, can u?.
Saurone, c'mon u ma man but times u trouble ma judgement of u being unbaise.
Obviously M.i switched style, e'rone knows he sounds like Weezy, He himself agrees
but says he's confident of makin good music irrespective of who he sounds like,
and i dont have any problem wit that, i luvv the dude to death.

Drake sounds like Ye, Young chris sounds Jay, and so on, nobody is dyin'
Badman, M9 sounds like M.i, puhhhhleaseeeee!
If AT ALL u wanna go that route it's beta u say he sounds like Weezy, cos we all
know that's who M.i took his swag from(And i dont have a prob wit that).
But the prob is dat i dont see Weez in the Badman track.

Now for reference, there couple of songs that M9 sounds kinda "hoarse"
Kinda like the way he sounded on Badman.
Quick top of mind is "the game needs me".
And i'm a Big fan of both M9 and M.i, so dont get it twisted.
oNe

Dude . . . for Bleep's sake, how many times do i have to tell you guys??
I can't be a Modenine hater . . . I've not got time to hate on anyone.

Let's not drag this . . . I know the problem here, in your opinion, Modenine is too big to bite M.I swag.
But you'll rather admit that the style comes from Lil Wayne??
At least we're halfway to the truth here. . .

But you make it look like I'm meant to be happy with your compromise . I do not care!!!
We both know the truth, we both know this is more like Area /Choc Boys than Unstoppable/Lollipop.
I really expected you to do a Javalove on this issue. . . this give me hope, I'll hold on t the fact that not all Modenine fans are fickle.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by eldee(m): 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

Letz wait for the defense of the modestans. . . . .
Who knows. . . . .Mode-9 might have used this style before M.I. hit the limelight.

Three Modestans so far on the thread . . .
One's in denial, one would rather have M9 bite Weezy than M.I, the last is just unbelievably stupid.
Believe me . . . it could have gone a whole lot worse grin grin
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by bouzymill(m): 4:37pm On Sep 07, 2009
eldee:

Your defense is laughable . . .
Because it's coming from Moi, it's a lie?? Come on!!!

I know you're trying to bring up the fact that Lil Wayne has a major inflence on M.I's delivery . . . but all I see is a shameless attempt at covering the obvious truth.
I don't care what M.I used to sound like . . . I don't care to know what  Uni he went to.

But one thing I'm sure is, this rapper on the track I got from Lalaboi's Businessfiles is an M.I impersonator.
Experimenting, testing . . . whatever the Bleep he's doing . . . I just liket see people tell the truth when they see it or not bother to reply at all. undecided undecided
I'm sure even Modenine won't deny it . . . saying Modenine didn't have M.I in his mind while doing this song 'is like saying Naeto C never heard of T.I'

Now,  you want to aact like, Yeah!!! you've got the truth and erryone can juz suckup to your judgment. Nah,  I remember that time on one of "the old modenine thread", were u not the one who said mode9's lyrics av got lots of Gangbanging stuff, etc,  Ever since then, I see you as sumone who got the meaning of hiphop from the mainstream point of view. Am not dissing ,  it's just awkward to say that Mode9 sounded like M.I  on badman,  cos that's the definiiton of Blasphemy,  Fine, Mode9 on that track was trying to do a radio friendly joint which M.I is very good at,  but that M9 sounded like,  That's not just it,

and about swagga jackin? you've just done line jacking too!!!
'is like saying Naeto C never heard of T.I'
abi no be so?

And what the Bleep is Swagga Jacking?
You sound like an African Lost in the Labyrinth of two Cultures!!!
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by kaydee(m): 4:42pm On Sep 07, 2009
eldee:

Dude . . . for mess's sake, how many times do i have to tell you guys??

Let's not drag this . . . I know the problem here, in your opinion, Modenine is too big to bite M.I swag.

But you make it look like I'm meant to be happy with your compromise . I do not care!!!
We both know the truth, we both know this is more like Area /Choc Boys than Unstoppable/Lollipop.
I really expected you to do a Javalove on this issue. . . this give me hope, I'll hold on t the fact that not all Modenine fans are fickle.

Till U realize that M.I got no swag he can call his own,U'll continue blindly like this.It's impossible for anyone to jack M.I Dude, Geddit?
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by bouzymill(m): 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ Eldee

[Quote]
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine?
« #139 on: October 01, 2007, 07:45 PM »

@Tjscale
              At least, i respect u for the fact that u appreciate good rap tunes. The simple explanation is that after rugged redefined the rap industry, naija rap started getting too hardcore and too fake. The fact is that mode is too fake for nigerians. The only way u feel his lyrics is if u actually grew up in the streets of new york, with drug dealers and drive-by gang killing. he just can't describe the agberos' and the bus drivers.(Don't mention Stylee. that was the worst piece of shit he ever spat out). And listen to rugged's opinion
[/Quote]

More,  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=8056.msg1548222#msg1548222

Eldee, This is you 2 years ago!!! How can you say a thing like this,  another post is this:

[Quote]
Quote from: kaydee on October 02, 2007, 07:05 PM
Right on man
Yeah! Save yourself the stress of schooling fools. They will never understand.Ask them who the best rapper ever is and they will tell you it's 50Cent. He's just too deep for them.
He's far above their level. I'll advice them to listen to more of Ruggedman and 2Shot,even Delicious Grin . I bet they don't know who Overdose is.
-Nas

dude, no-one is not understanding mode now, (and even if they don't, it doesn't make them fools), but the fact that they don't feel him, doesn't mean they don't understand him. and bro, i listen to more nas, jay and pac than u could ever imagine but that does not kill the fact that i need the nigerian feel in nigerian songs.  since modenine does not have that, i don't think he should be rated as the best in nigeria.
[/quote]

Nas Jayz Pac,  you two years [/b]ago

« #147 on: October 03, 2007, 12:45 AM »

[b]some people are jobless man, i mean listen to bouzymill and kaydee talk. you guys are not making sense. eldee is the shit man.(at least so he thinks) so please people leave the madman alone. abi na by force? how would you ever make sense to a person who aint got it? and eldee? you want something nigerian, i'll give it to you, oo gbon. and thats basic.

45 told you this back then,

eldee (m)
SW1A 2AA

« #176 on: October 06, 2007, 09:22 AM »

Who's got the lyrics? Mode, Who's got the fans?Rugged
U only need to check out his my space page to understand this; he's the most featured rapper in Nigeria, i.e you don't have to buy his album to listen to his songs, that who I call a sucessful artiste.
http://www.myspace.com/ruggedmannigerian
Does he still hold this stance now? Mode9, 2shotz, eldee are still ON and Banging

Now!!! See where you lost it!!! 2 years ago you barely know the true meaning of hip hop!!!! Now you come here after 2 years to add another dust

MODE SOUNDED LIKE M.I ON BADMAN

Bros,  You no try
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by eldee(m): 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2009
bouzymill:

Now, you want to aact like, Yeah!!! you've got the truth and erryone can juz suckup to your judgment. Nah, I remember that time on one of "the old modenine thread", were u not the one who said mode9's lyrics av got lots of Gangbanging stuff, etc, Ever since then, I see you as sumone who got the meaning of hiphop from the mainstream point of view. Am not dissing , it's just awkward to say that Mode9 sounded like M.I on badman, cos that's the definiiton of Blasphemy, Fine, Mode9 on that track was trying to do a radio friendly joint which M.I is very good at, but that M9 sounded like, That's not just it,
I never ever said Modenine did rhymes on drive-bys . . . I said he could relate to the average Nigerian
I made a simple point . . . the average Nigerian at that time didn't feel Modenine
Ruggedman made a career off that simple fact.

What Nigerians needed then was a soft landing . . . and there it was
Modenine came four years too early . . . c'est fini, he knows that, i know that, I'm hoping you'll recognise tht fact too.
Eedris - Ruggedman - Terry tha Rapman - Modenine/M.I
It was a transition and it finally came . . .so what for Bleep's sake is wrong with that??
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by eldee(m): 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2009
bouzymill:

and about swagga jackin? you've just done line jacking too!!!
'is like saying Naeto C never heard of T.I'
abi no be so?

And what the mess is Swagga Jacking?
You sound like an African Lost in the Labyrinth of two Cultures!!!
I'm not 'swagger-jacking', I'm making a reference . . . that's what quotation marks are for.
I'm allowed to references without using the original author's name . . . why?? cus I'm not paid to post.

Using the phrase 'swagger-jacking' means I'm struggling for my cultural identity??
What then does using the word 'biting' make you??
Dude, it's obvious that u're just clutching straws here.

kaydee:

Till U realize that M.I got no swag he can call his own,U'll continue blindly like this.It's impossible for anyone to jack M.I Dude, Geddit?

That's a weak argument . . .
We know how Modenine sounds, we know how M.I sounds, we know Modenine didn't sound like this before M.I had the Nigerian consumer in a chokehold . . . let's leave it at that.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by eldee(m): 6:04pm On Sep 07, 2009
bouzymill:

Eldee, This is you 2 years ago!!! How can you say a thing like this, another post is this:
Nas Jayz Pac, you two years [/b]ago
[b]Does he still hold this stance now? Mode9, 2shotz, eldee are still ON and Banging

Now!!! See where you lost it!!! 2 years ago you barely know the true meaning of hip hop!!!! Now you come here after 2 years to add another dust

MODE SOUNDED LIKE M.I ON BADMAN

I still listen to Nas and Jay-Z today, infact I'm staying up on the 11th for the I-tunes release of BP3, so I really don't get your point undecided undecided
Let me just add the fact all you need to identify this obvious copy-paste is a pair of working ears.
You've not made one valid point here . . . apart from the fact that Eldee loves Nas . . . Big Deal!!!
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by DBR: 6:12pm On Sep 07, 2009
eldee:

Dude . . . for mess's sake, how many times do i have to tell you guys??

@
Eldee

Yea rite! U aint no hater but u call people oppose to your views Modestan, that's so pathetic, really!
U aint no hater but u quick to jump on M9 at d foggiest gist that sounds negative bout the dude.
Are u ok?
Self delusion is seekin for next of kin and u gettin better qualified for it.
Comprehension of views that dont support urs has always been your Achilles heel and its sad.
The hottest of rappers hav jacked, and i mentioned it, i dont hav prob wit that, especially if it's style.
I was d same dude defendin M.i when he was been crucified for soundin too weezy&Yeezy.
For cryin outloud, Jay bites lyrics which is more critical than soundin like smone. Hell didntt freeze.
Ma point is if M.i didnt originate a style how can sm1 bite him.
How wld anyone bite a biter?(And it's u even callin it BITING)
Ok, M9 sounded HOARSE on the track, so wat
Lemme sound like u-since when did M.i patent or own horseness in rap game?
So much so that anyone who sounds hoarse is now bitin M.i
It's appalin how u Eldee let pple off greater hiphop crime as BITING lyrics, but will
want to commit suicide cos M9 sounded this way on this track. ,
and u aint a hater, right? u soooo F-ing ridiculous!
oNe
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by rapjunkie(m): 7:50am On Sep 08, 2009
@eldee & Sauron

How can you guys seriously say that Mode9 nicked MI's style. There is no evidence.  'badman' sounds exactly like Mode 9 to me.

To even support the suggestion proves to me that you guys lack credibility. . .    and eldee has the nerve to call people fucktards.

Sauron, why you dey blow grammer wey you cut and paste off the internet? . . . . . .i ain't impressed.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by DBR: 8:43am On Sep 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

I don't wanna get sucked into another Mode-9 debate or whatever.

By default, all Rappers write whatever they like in whatever format that pleases em and let the words make things into what ever line formation that we see fit, but regretfully, this isn't a productive means to produce consistently hot rhymes.
In order to harness creativity time after time, one needs to write their rhymes in a solid and defined structure of words, or a "style".

There are only about 28 styles in existence based on 7 fundamentally different structures.
Only 20 of them are considered usable and enjoyable to a listener’s ear/readers eyes which are based on 5 different structures
Mode-9 in his wisdom has been using a particular style in all the songs i have heard from him and his rhyme pattern/structure in the song in scrutiny is a total deviation from his usual style and by coincidence happens to be the same rap pattern M.I.'s been using.

I am not talking of the voice here. . . . .I am talking about the structure of his verse in that song.
@
Saurone
Wats up dude.
Thanks for the insight.
Now that we'v agreed that soundin Hoarse aint M.i patented zone.
As honest as ur view sounds it's still kinda flawed cos the track in Q
aint really different from some of the regular M9's.
Ok, so we move to the STRUCTURE.

Some of u guys already heard "BOOM" on the Mode over Premo mixtape.
The verses in that track happens to be the same wit BADMAN tho wit some
changes here and there, not in structure but in lyrics.
Ma Q now is how come nobody said isshhh bout the structure havin any semblance wit M.i's
or a diviation from d typical M9 pattern/structure
Lemme tell u y, cos there was no structure change!!!.

U need to listen to M9's older stuff u'l know that he doesnt have just 1 rhyme pattern/structure
Listen to Oloriburu, u cant hide, Originality rmx(which i think has same structure wit Badman)
Nobody, and lots more and tell me u dont see different rhyme structure.
oNe
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by bouzymill(m): 11:56am On Sep 08, 2009

« #139 on: October 01, 2007, 07:45 PM »

@Tjscale
At least, i respect u for the fact that u appreciate good rap tunes. The simple explanation is that after rugged redefined the rap industry, naija rap started getting too hardcore and too fake. The fact is that mode is too fake for nigerians. The only way u feel his lyrics is if u actually grew up in the streets of new york, with drug dealers and drive-by gang killing. he just can't describe the agberos' and the bus drivers.(Don't mention Stylee. that was the worst piece of shit he ever spat out). And listen to rugged's opinion
Lez put it this way. You never said Mode did rhyme on drive bys but you said those that can feel him are gangbangers, drug dealers, drive-by gang killing and so on. Are you not contradicting yourself? How can he possibly do a track they'll feel if the theme of his music don't relate to theirs?

eldee:

I never ever said Modenine did rhymes on drive-bys . . . I said he could relate to the average Nigerian
I made a simple point
. . . the average Nigerian at that time didn't feel Modenine
Ruggedman made a career off that simple fact.

What Nigerians needed then was a soft landing . . . and there it was
Modenine came four years too early . . . c'est fini, he knows that, i know that, I'm hoping you'll recognise tht fact too.
Eedris - Ruggedman - Terry tha Rapman - Modenine/M.I
It was a transition and it finally came . . .so what for Bleep's sake is wrong with that??

Not all Nigerians need a softlanding. You can't generalize like that cos am a Nigerian and i don't choose music by its softness. I choose by the content and not the form.

Anoher pointer to the fact that you don't really know anything about the hiphop history in Nigeria is your timeline or your "transition" as you called it, cos there are gaps to be filled, TRYBESMEN had influence on Nigerian Hip Hop, SWATROOT had influence, They've been on the game before Eedris. Most of em are still here that was why i added 2shotz in my earlier post.

eldee:

I still listen to[b] Nas and Jay-Z today[/b], infact I'm staying up on the 11th for the I-tunes release of BP3, so I really don't get your point undecided undecided
Let me just add the fact all you need to identify this obvious copy-paste is a pair of working ears.
You've not made one valid point here . . . apart from the fact that Eldee loves Nas . . . Big Deal!!!

What i'm saying is the "realest" hiphop you've heard in your life probably comes from JayZ, Nas, Tupac, BIG, you aint qualified to speak about Real Hip Hop. You sound like a Pop-Rap Fan. I'm sure you love P Diddy, Loon and a little of Fabulous.

The real problem you have with mode9 on Badman is you listening to him for the first time on a ditry south beat.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by dammiecool(m): 4:03pm On Sep 08, 2009
make una kill unaself o angry
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by Caliente(m): 4:23pm On Sep 08, 2009
[size=13pt]I just wanted people to reason like humans do but some go off like diarrhea and shit all over the post calling me names. Listen to that song carefully, if you have an unbiased assessment you'll agree with me. MI usually has this kinda forceful loud whisper way of rapping and that was how Mode 9 did his thing on Badman. I don't give a Bleep about the generic Lil Wayne line. But if you think it's something that counts then Mode 9 sounded like generic Lil Wayne on that track. I like Mode, Rugged, MI, etc. Yeah I said it, atomize yourself for all I care.[/size]
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by slimshay(m): 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2009
Caliente:

[size=13pt]I just wanted people to reason like humans do but some go off like diarrhea and shit all over the post calling me names. Listen to that song carefully, if you have an unbiased assessment you'll agree with me. MI usually has this kinda forceful loud whisper way of rapping and that was how Mode 9 did his thing on Badman. I don't give a Bleep about the generic Lil Wayne line. But if you think it's something that counts then Mode 9 sounded like generic Lil Wayne on that track. I like Mode, Rugged, MI, etc. Yeah I said it, atomize yourself for all I care.[/size]

go back to your first post,,,,java's god? and u want people to reason like humans?
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by javalove(m): 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2009
slimshay:

go back to your first post,,,,java's god? and u want people to reason like humans?

Word!!!

The guy is just a fool. . .
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by Caliente(m): 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2009
[size=13pt]That was just for humour but if you got it wrong, no wahala.[/size]
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by abdurrazaq(m): 6:52pm On Sep 08, 2009
This is the same board that people Modenine of being Monotonous, he is not switching style . . .
Now he sound different on the BADMAN track all hell loose again. I don't care who he sound like on that track or any other track yet to be released, What matters the most to me is his lyrical strength (that I love him for) being intact.

It's true he sound different on that track no doubt and also on Loke which he featured YQ and OD but, that shows that he is not a One-styled MC which should be a credit to him and not another reason to criticize him.

Modenine sound different on Talking to you, does that mean he copied smoeone's style on that too?
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by Sauron1: 7:33pm On Sep 08, 2009
abdurrazaq:

It's true he sound different on that track no doubt and also on Loke which he featured YQ and OD but, that shows that he is not a One-styled MC which should be a credit to him and not another reason to criticize him.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by eldee(m): 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2009
bouzymill:

Lez put it this way. You never said Mode did rhyme on drive bys but you said those that can feel him are gangbangers, drug dealers, drive-by gang killing and so on. Are you not contradicting yourself? How can he possibly do a track they'll feel if the theme of his music don't relate to theirs?

Not all Nigerians need a softlanding. You can't generalize like that cos am a Nigerian and i don't choose music by its softness. I choose by the content and not the form.

Anoher pointer to the fact that you don't really know anything about the hiphop history in Nigeria is your timeline or your "transition" as you called it, cos there are gaps to be filled, TRYBESMEN had influence on Nigerian Hip Hop, SWATROOT had influence, They've been on the game before Eedris. Most of em are still here that was why i added 2shotz in my earlier post.
What i'm saying is the "realest" hiphop you've heard in your life probably comes from JayZ, Nas, Tupac, BIG, you aint qualified to speak about Real Hip Hop. You sound like a Pop-Rap Fan. I'm sure you love P Diddy, Loon and a little of Fabulous.

You're not making sense here . . .
You're questioning my knowledge of Nigerian hiphop??
Because I refused to waste time listing names of all the rap artistes Nigeria has produced since the 90's?? . . . I think it's high time someone questioned your ability to think.

You've done everything you can to deny the obvious truth here . . . you just end up sounding pathetic with each post.
Talking bout how you used to be 'classic', how I'm biting when I quote Terry Tha Rapman, and yeah listening to Nas and Hov makes me a pop fan . . . how daft are you willing to go ?? undecided
This is why I always say education should be done in schools, newspapers, anywhere but the turntables.

Most pathetic one I've heard so far 'Modenine cannot sound like M.I because he's not using the Autotune' grin grin grin
If this is not stupidity, then give me a better word.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by eldee(m): 10:18pm On Sep 08, 2009
DBR:

Yea rite! U aint no hater but u call people oppose to your views Modestan, that's so pathetic, really!
U aint no hater but u quick to jump on M9 at d foggiest gist that sounds negative bout the dude.
Are u ok?
Self delusion is seekin for next of kin and u gettin better qualified for it.
Comprehension of views that dont support urs has always been your Achilles heel and its sad.
The hottest of rappers hav jacked, and i mentioned it, i dont hav prob wit that, especially if it's style.
I was d same dude defendin M.i when he was been crucified for soundin too weezy&Yeezy.
For cryin outloud, Jay bites lyrics which is more critical than soundin like smone. Hell didntt freeze.
Ma point is if M.i didnt originate a style how can sm1 bite him.
How wld anyone bite a biter?(And it's u even callin it BITING)
Ok, M9 sounded HOARSE on the track, so wat
Lemme sound like u-since when did M.i patent or own horseness in rap game?
So much so that anyone who sounds hoarse is now bitin M.i
It's appalin how u Eldee let pple off greater hiphop crime as BITING lyrics, but will
want to commit suicide cos M9 sounded this way on this track. ,
and u aint a hater, right? u soooo F-ing ridiculous!
oNe
I don't call people that oppose my views Modestans . . . the word is for idiots that lack the ability to reason clearly once Modenine comes into a topic of discussion.
The ones that wait for any minor criticism of Modenine and bring out an Arsenal . . . I pointed out the 'star-jupiter' line expecting it to just go like that . . . it turned into sumn else.
And you say I shouldn't call y'all Modestans??

Modenine haters don't buy his albums, download mixtapes and listen to tracks . . . listeners do.
You think that's denial, have it whatever way helps you sleep at night.

Y'all are deluded . . . anyone that says M.I bit 'rapper's are doing bubble-gum rap' from Modenine is deluded.
I let people go for biting?? If you're referring to Jay-Z, go back to my old posts . . . at least we know that's one thing Modestans are good at cheesy.

'Hoarse'?? This is a new one . . . grin grin
Does 'hoarse' explain the of beat rhymes, the obvious deviation from the Modenine delivery you've come to know and love??
As I said before . . . we know how Modenine sounds, we know how M.I sounds, if you listen to a Choc City collabo and can't identify when M.I's on the mic then there's really something wrong.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by bouzymill(m): 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2009
@eldee guy, y u soundin pathetic like u are. who's runnin 4rm d truth? i askd a simple questn on ur gangbangin bullshit, u cldnt reply. guy, u are jst a hater. modenine nw tries 2 cum down 2 ur level, u are screamin. wen m.i did illegalmusic mixtape, no one said he's copyin nigelben's kraftwork. mode has diff. styles. already sumone has sued jayz 4 copying d whisper style dat sumone says belongs 2 m.i here.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by Sauron1: 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2009
@ Eldee,

Ignore this issue abeg.
When is BP3 hitting itunes store. . . . . . .I wanna bang me head to some Jigga's beats, abeg.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by eldee(m): 10:47pm On Sep 08, 2009
bouzymill:

What can I say?? I answered any question on your dug-up post in my previous replies.

We both know who sounds pathetic here . . .
You're implying that making a mixtape is copying Modenine??
I hope you get wise one day . . . till then, just keep your mouth shut and save yourself this embarrassment.

~Sauron~:

@ Eldee,

Ignore this issue abeg.
When is BP3 hitting itunes store. . . . . . .I wanna bang me head to some Jigga's beats, abeg.
It always ends the same way . . . cheesy cheesy
I've made my point already, till something close to clear reasoning comes, I'll leave 'em to stay deluded.

With what I've heard on Youtube BP3 isn't that good . . .
The 2/3 songs I heard were prolly just album fillers though.
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by Sauron1: 11:09pm On Sep 08, 2009
eldee:

With what I've heard on Youtube BP3 isn't that good . . .
The 2/3 songs I heard were prolly just album fillers though.

I ain't surprised. . . . . .Jigga should retire.
TBH, i am buying this album because of boredom not because i expect a lot.
I mean. . . . .how can Rihanna dominate Jigga and Kanye in a song?
It's pathetic. cheesy
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by eldee(m): 11:33pm On Sep 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

I ain't surprised. . . . . .Jigga should retire.
TBH, i am buying this album because of boredom not because i expect a lot.
I mean. . . . .how can Rihanna dominate Jigga and Kanye in a song?
It's pathetic. cheesy

It's prolly not that bad . . .
Afterall Brooklyn, Jockin' Jay-Z and History were dropped before the final cut.
He must have sumn better than those songs in the album
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by chika98: 11:35pm On Sep 08, 2009
Sauron: What do you think about these two tracks "Off that" and "Hate"?
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by Sauron1: 12:02am On Sep 09, 2009
chika98:

Sauron: What do you think about these two tracks "Off that" and "Hate"?

Average!!!
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by chika98: 12:03am On Sep 09, 2009
Those are the two tracks I really like then. Seeing as you are a Jigga lover . . Just thought to ask
I see you are not happy with the whole album yes?
~Sauron~:

Average!!!
Re: Mode 9 Sounding Like M.I. by Sauron1: 12:11am On Sep 09, 2009
chika98:

Those are the two tracks I really like then. Seeing as you are a Jigga lover . . Just thought to ask
I see you are not happy with the whole album yes?

It lacks the bite and dexterity to qualify as a rap classic.
Jigga had all the time in the world to make this album as crisp as Blueprint(2001).
I guess he is now too rich to bovver about certain things in his records.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download: Cassper Nyovest – 428 To SA #ashes2ashes (AKA Diss) / Channel O Top 10 Count Down Viewers Edition / Help:does Any One Know Jacob Akinyemi Johnson (jaj) Of Silverbird

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.