Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? (24086 Views)

Protests In Ekiti Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) / House Of Rep Summons Fashola Over Epileptic Power Supply / State With Most Epileptic Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by Ezebinaugwu(m): 12:34am On Jul 01, 2016
[quote author=koboko69 post=47054388]There have been power here since 11:00am till now, its 11:21pm. Before today though, its been average

Ta'a picture of the light or you papa na Lia Muhammed
Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by lakzy(m): 12:41am On Jul 01, 2016
i know it might sound strange in my area calabar, ikot ansa precisely for more than two months we've been having up to 18hours power supply daily
Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by SWIPERdaVIPER: 12:45am On Jul 01, 2016
Breadmaker:
Same here in Suleja, Niger state.

I am planning to sell my wires and use the money to buy cooking gass
But there is constant power supply here in kainji, new bussa, today we enjoy nothing less than 22hours of light

1 Like

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by watbas: 12:45am On Jul 01, 2016
20 to 23 hrs every other day. Actually on one day on - one day off arrangement.

1 Like

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by ojtech8291: 1:00am On Jul 01, 2016
So far so good OSOGBO get the highest votes thereby declared elected. Why because the National grid is there. We Niger state only have the facilities but no light what a pity? Anyway! Portugal is becoming the best winner after qualified as a best loser.

1 Like

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by jshow(m): 1:00am On Jul 01, 2016
Over a week in my side in Minna Niger state, we haven seen light.

1 Like

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by SWIPERdaVIPER: 1:05am On Jul 01, 2016
Idrismusty97:
The whole of Niger state is on total blackout for a month now. I don't know what's the problem despite all the fat àss dams in the state. undecided
Oga you're being economical with the truth, here in kainji, new bussa we have been having 18-20hours of power supply throughout this week, today is even better cos the light didn't blink throughout the day

1 Like

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by olaniyi0(m): 1:08am On Jul 01, 2016
max of 18hrs a day here in osogbo, i think d situation is getting beta here.

1 Like

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by NightHawke: 1:12am On Jul 01, 2016
You all cannot compare the absence of power to Satellite Town in Lagos. Here its stone-age. Total power supplied since January 1st, ,2016 till June 30th, 2016 (6months)is less than 72hours.

Between the 28th and 4th of the next month, EKEDC flashes the light for 5-7mins(Enough to iron one side of your shirt).

During this period they go round to read the meters and distribute bills.

its either you are permanently on generator or fortunate to use a solar system.
-Satellite town is an administrative sub to
Festac Town while getting its supply from Otto-wharf at Mile2 in Lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by Mafintin894(m): 2:02am On Jul 01, 2016
Govt are silent on the 40 megawatts Kashimbilla hydroelectric power station which is 90% completion at Takum Taraba state. Note: the pic shown is for Kashimbilla Dam.

And the Mambilla hydroelectric power plant located at Taraba state with propose 3200 megawatts which is yet to be funded. There is no even an access road to the area and when you google it, you will be shocked at what you will see.

The whole of Taraba central zone are in darkness since independence and that's where I reside.

Potentials to boost power are wasted here.

1 Share

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by Onenaira1: 3:02am On Jul 01, 2016
How I know people are paid to defend Buhari and APC is here on this thread.

You see people claiming the same place saying completely different answer. Someone else would say they have maybe 45 minutes daily and then another from the same area will claim 23 hours daily. Smfh.

What a useless natiom

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by jibloh(m): 3:02am On Jul 01, 2016
Light in my area is terrible. When everyone was celebrating many hours of light per day when Buhari just got sworn in, we were either in darkness or when they wanted to give us, we'd only have it 3 hrs only btw 1am to 4pm. To give you an idea, I have consumed only 144kWh units of electricity between October last year and now as read from my prepaid meter. After 12 days of darkness, they brought it on Wednesday (2 days ago) and gave us for up to 5 hrs in total (not un-interupted) btw wed night and early hrs of Thursday morning. The area is Abebi, Ota, Ogun State.
Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by Jeffy1206(m): 3:15am On Jul 01, 2016
Here for Abuja na 2hours/3 days we dey see o sad I make sure my phone battery must be 10000mah cry

1 Like

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 3:24am On Jul 01, 2016
Anyi3:
I don't even want to think about that and start getting sad this beautiful day.

Just want to save money and install solar power.

You provide your water, security, drainage etc.

Might as well just provide your own energy

3 gbosas for you, my dear man.

Nigeria is screwed infrastructure wise so I don't know why people put in soakaway pits, barbed wire fences with mai guard house yet whinge about epileptic electricity.

I am building my house https://www.nairaland.com/2847494/build-courtyard-bungalow-garage-apartment from the ground up as an off-grid entity. I want nothing to do with NEPA.

1 Like

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by Kingzy4pep(m): 3:54am On Jul 01, 2016
UnknownT:
For Asaba and Agbor residents, a transformer in the 330/132kv transmission substation is leaking oil, for the past month now, no light in Asaba. And we know how government (it's a transmission fault) bureaucracy works
Now I see.
Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by ATajur(m): 4:08am On Jul 01, 2016
Gettin to 3month now. no light in maiduguri
Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by InfomejobsN: 4:47am On Jul 01, 2016
Here in Eket, you are sure of at least 16hrs in a days, Baba is working , but for real Light is stable here o

Check My Signature for Daily Job Info
Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by Talius(m): 4:58am On Jul 01, 2016
Ikotun Lagos, no light for the past 5 weeks.
Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by amakenny: 5:05am On Jul 01, 2016
Has president Buhari finished breaking of fast ceremonies to have time to think about absence of electricity in Nigeria?
Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by 3kay945(m): 5:06am On Jul 01, 2016
Eyah, have not been on NEPA connection since 2months now and no close neighbor to see from. So this is what currently happening? Nawa o, this government isn't working be that o. Truth must be told.
Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by Thobiy(m): 5:07am On Jul 01, 2016
Been having up to 6 hours a day
Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 5:08am On Jul 01, 2016
francis2565:
There was high powered delegation that reported AEDC that Lokoja is no longer getting Light and since two days ago they decide to be giving us light 2-3hrs daily. Wen Lokoja AEDC wanted to pick load they told them from Abuja not to becos they said AIRPORT in Abuja is using Lokoja light.
NDA is actually the reason why the turbines in Lokoja could not be powered. So lokoja will just be making do with 2hrs light daily until AEDC have enough gas to power their turbines.
But the annoying issue is that nobody is saying or apologising to Lokoja people why they have remain in darkness. our leaders are terrible people. Even the governor is a mess asking the entire civil servants to open accounts in access and zenith banks when almost all the workers are on loan in other banks.

if you are buying over any asset it is a common sense that you buy off the liabilities also.
imagine the governor telling other banks that when access bank pays the civil servants they will withdraw part of it and take to their old banks to service their loans. where is it done in a civilized world.
ur head dey dia bro..kudos
Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by amakenny: 5:08am On Jul 01, 2016
Engrobiorah:

grin grin grin grin
That is 43minutes daily.
Equivalent to flashing

With 43 minutes a day, you can at least charge your phone battery.
Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by francizy(m): 5:13am On Jul 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:
24 hours daily.

Did you notice the zombies above you with monikers starting from M, both claiming 12-13 hours supply daily and without even stating their locations like everyone else?

OP, you own better na, ours has been off completely for close to 2 months and counting now (Zone 2, Satellite Town, Lagos). Nonetheless, I still enjoy 24 hours of solar power...

Onenaira1:
How I know people are paid to defend Buhari and APC is here on this thread.

You see people claiming the same place saying completely different answer. Someone else would say they have maybe 45 minutes daily and then another from the same area will claim 23 hours daily. Smfh.

What a useless natiom

Exactly my thought! LmaO!!!

NightHawke:
You all cannot compare the absence of power to Satellite Town in Lagos. Here its stone-age. Total power supplied since January 1st, ,2016 till June 30th, 2016 (6months)is less than 72hours.

Between the 28th and 4th of the next month, EKEDC flashes the light for 5-7mins(Enough to iron one side of your shirt).

During this period they go round to read the meters and distribute bills.

its either you are permanently on generator or fortunate to use a solar system.
-Satellite town is an administrative sub to
Festac Town while getting its supply from Otto-wharf at Mile2 in Lagos.

Best description of power supply in Satellite Town. Worst is, the residents of this area don't even give a hoot and some foolishly still pay electricity bills even when in total darkness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by dotlanre(m): 5:25am On Jul 01, 2016
fkpboss:
20 minutes daily (Ilorin)
here in airport area its 30-40mins every 3days interval
Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by SeverusSnape(m): 5:29am On Jul 01, 2016
francizy:

Did you notice the zombies above you with monikers starting from M, both claiming 12-13 hours supply daily and without even stating their locations like everyone else?

OP, you own better na, ours has been off completely for close to 2 months and counting now (Zone 2, Satellite Town, Lagos). Nonetheless, I still enjoy 24 hours of solar power...

Exactly my thought! LmaO!!!

Best description of power supply in Satellite Town. Worst is, the residents of this area don't even give a hoot and some foolishly still pay electricity bills even when in total darkness.
Bros I noticed it o grin

They've gotten befitting replies na... They just wanted to give an impression that the government they erroneously voted for is working.

BTW, You dey enjoy o, Solar power; Wonderful.
Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by francizy(m): 5:32am On Jul 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Bros I noticed it o grin

They've gotten befitting replies na... They just wanted to give an impression that the government they erroneously voted for is working.

BTW, You dey enjoy o, Solar power; Wonderful.

LoL! The pain I went thru to acquire my system eh, it's worth enjoying bro. Spent almost all I had as at that time because I almost died of heat and mosquito bites.

2 Likes

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by Geniro: 5:40am On Jul 01, 2016
ocloud81:
Why not relocate to Osogbo where we have light up to 24hrs daily. Kudos to Baba Fashola.

Olodo, who told Fashola is responsible for Osogbo steady light.

1 Like

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by Thelmerh(f): 5:41am On Jul 01, 2016
here in Kaduna precisely marafa quarters. we have light from 10pm to d next morning by 7 dey cease it. dey bring it back by 10:30am cease by maybe 2pm. restore again by 3 3:30. cease by 8pm. den restore 10. den d cycle starts again

1 Like

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by Thelmerh(f): 5:41am On Jul 01, 2016
here in Kaduna precisely marafa quarters. we have light from 10pm to d next morning by 7 dey cease it. dey bring it back by 10:30am cease by maybe 2pm. restore again by 3 3:30. cease by 8pm. den restore 10. den d cycle starts again. except on extreme cases we don't have light. but we must have light for at least 4-5hrs

2 Likes

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by Progressives4lov(m): 5:45am On Jul 01, 2016
We use 2. Have light in my place always

1 Like

Re: Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? by Sleeky2020(m): 5:51am On Jul 01, 2016
In my area at Rumunduru Eneka road in Port harcourt, Rivers State, PHED are operating like a woman's menstra cycle. Once in every month.
Mynd44:
Been having up to 12 hours daily for more than a week now

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Bianca Ojukwu, APGA Rubbished The Ojukwu Myth / Goodluck Jonathan Xmas Message To Nigerians - Read / Ogun Extends Lockdown By One Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.