Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm (52834 Views)

Snake Wrapped Under A Gas Cylinder, As Man Raises Alarm / Earthquake Hits Sambang Dagi, Kaduna State / Earthquake Causes Panic In Bayelsa And Rivers States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Raph01: 11:04am On Jun 28, 2016
The Nigerian Association of Water-Well Drilling Rig Owners and Practitioners (AWDROP) has called on the Federal Government to take measures that could reduce the effects of earthquake as 6 states with land-ocean boundaries exist at the risk of possible earthquake.

AWDROP, at a press conference addressed by its National President, Mr. Michael Ale, lamented that lack of Underground Water Abstraction Regulation in Nigeria could easily induce earthquake and sea water intrusion, “hence the need for government to ensure strict compliance in the implementation of code of practice in borehole drilling” in the country.

Ale said his Association had been informed of the salt water intrusion affecting underground water usage and subsidence along the land-ocean boundaries in shoreline areas. The areas are:

1. Lagos

2. Port-Harcourt

3. Warri

4. Bayelsa

5. Cross River State

Meanwhile, researchers from the Department of Geology, Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, led by Dr Adepelumi Adekunle Abraham, had submitted in its report titled ‘Preliminary Assessment of Earth Tremor Occurrence in Shaki Area, Shaki West Local Government, Oyo State, indicating an impending ‘damaging earthquake’ in the next four years.

Shaki, Oyo state completes the list.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/earthquake-alert-fg-states-urged-on-redemptive-measures/152949.html

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by cindybella101(f): 11:09am On Jun 28, 2016
No source ?
Is port-harcourt and warri a state ?

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Mikehell(m): 11:17am On Jun 28, 2016
OP, pls add the sauce grin source na grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by just4kelvin(m): 11:39am On Jun 28, 2016
Why is everybody talking about sauce i mean source. grin shocked

2 Likes

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by adjoviomole(m): 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
i pray it will not happen. i had a dream of an earthquake here in lagos few days back..................................................thank God my dreams dont manifest in real life sha.............................. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by lovat(m): 12:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
Dear Lord don't send another plague to us again because El Dullardeen you cursed us with has made us to repent and seek your face again

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by SirVintageCock: 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
God undecided we ain't ready for this sh!t, try Japan or USA. Thanks. undecided

19 Likes

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Taryur3(m): 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
K
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Akshow: 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
Earthquake added to this present suffering na gobe o

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Sensitivbin777(m): 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
Not possible!!!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
Thank God warri is there. I need to experience what nature has to offer for once shuoo...no one shd call me crazy

1 Like

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by davien(m): 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
lovat:
Dear Lord don't send another plague to us again because El Dullardeen you caused ilus with as made us to repent and seek your face again
You need to be seriously educated before this ignorance spreads..

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
earthquake is not synonymous with Africa
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by ITbomb(m): 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
Q
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Puresolutions: 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
cindybella101:
No source ?

I wonder tire

2 Likes

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by goodlifehyd(m): 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
When warri and porthacourt become state even shaki self don turn state...lol

11 Likes

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
Good Edo is not there, though I pray it never happen
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by kumulus(m): 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
SirVintageCock:
God undecided we ain't ready for this sh!t, try Japan or USA. Thanks. undecided

Hmmm....

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
Hmmm... God really had a plan not giving Nigeria the terrain for such unfortunate events. He knew it would take us years to survive if we are to survive such catastrophy.

It takes minimum of 2 - 3 years to build a good road in Nigeria, now earthquake wants to destroy the ones we managed to build eventually.

God help us.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by richidinho(m): 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
Paying a big price for what we never enjoyed as a nigerdeltan

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Laycan(m): 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
ready to swallow ND........A
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by izzou(m): 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
God forbid this news

It is not Nigeria's portion

3 Likes

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Thunderlicious: 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
cindybella101:
No source ?

That tells you how FAKE and USELESS the news. The mod has to be high on sambisa weed to put this on FP?
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by gbens2000(m): 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
lovat:
Dear Lord don't send another plague to us again because El Dullardeen you caused ilus with as made us to repent and seek your face again
lol

1 Like

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Garshyzee(m): 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
Quote d sauce first,before we start panic....I meant source oo...
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by greggng: 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
Time to relocate to my dear biafra the safest place on earth. Haters keep ur attack to urself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by FakeNEWSevryday: 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by adexlamex(m): 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
OP welldone o, op(hope) say your state no dey there?.....still don't believe it
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by CircleOfWilis: 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
Buhari and bad luck

15 Likes

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Afritop(m): 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
We have pastors so it wont happen

1 Like

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by iyatrustee(f): 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
I hope the report is not used to wrap hot akara soon. But then, do i expect any action whatsover from govt officials in this part of the world? If anything, a new avenue of siphoning funds just presented itself.

God know saw if that kind thing happen here, Nigeria would become history.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

70-Year-Old Malnourished Elephant Performing In Sri Lanka Goes Viral / World’s Largest Shark Ever Caught / SA Man Scares Crocodiles Away By Flashing His Unclad Butts At Them (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.