Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,595 members, 7,801,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Hunger Fighting Nairalander Featured In Youth Newspaper Ynaija - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Hunger Fighting Nairalander Featured In Youth Newspaper Ynaija (531 Views)

Ada, The Small Girl Who Featured In Kingtblakhoc P0rn Video Repents / Christmas Without Hunger Initiative Gave Free Bags Of Rice To 896 Widows, Others / Security Official Snaps His Colleague Fighting A Man In Lagos (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hunger Fighting Nairalander Featured In Youth Newspaper Ynaija by Eghosa1(m): 2:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
[b]Here's excerpts of interview carried out by popular youth internet newspaper YNaija.com on a nairalander with the handle Rockerbolla who is founder of FoodClique Support Organisation. A coalition of individuals committed towards ending widespread hunger and curbing food waste.

He details His journey, reason for being a hunger fighter and talks on other pertinent issues.

Scoop excerpts of the interview and full link below -

===================================

YNAIJA IMPACT365; Our Mission is to End Hunger in Nigeria ~ BOLAJOKO Fadipe (@rockerbolla):

Statistics show that over over 22 million Nigerians live in hunger, while an estimated 65 percent of the country’s total population live in poverty. The effects of hunger is far reaching and has several effects on the human body as well as on the society.

Emboldened by the clear evidence of hunger in Nigeria, FoodClique Support Initiative has taken it upon itself to end hunger in Nigeria. A nongovernmental organization, FoodClique was founded by Balajoko Fadipe.

The initiative distributes food items and also feeds starving children, the elderly, low-income families, less privileged, disabled, and homeless through its community outreach programmes and partnerships with other agencies.

But FoodClique is not just fighting hunger, the organization is also raising awareness on the dangers of food wastage and empowering less privileged persons to be productive members of society.

In this interview with YNaija, Fadipe speaks on the strides and efforts made by the initiative to end hunger in the country.

What is the mission of FoodClique?

The mission of FoodClique Support Initiative is to reduce food waste, feed the hungry, raise public awareness about the menace of hunger and feed insecure people through distribution of donated or purchased perishable and non-perishable foods.

What birthed the initiative?

In a world where more than 805 million people go to bed hungry, it is difficult not to want to act even though more people are becoming immune to other people’s plight. I grew up in a community where many people were struggling with hunger and a lot of children going to school hungry.

April 27 is my birthday and as a way to mark it, I visit a destitute home to feed them instead of throwing a birthday bash for my friends (I am not against throwing of birthday bash for friends) but as the economic situation became more worrisome with increasing living cost and soaring inflation, I realized that not only the beggars we see on the road were hungry and food insecure but many people were actually suffering from hidden hunger but because of their social status or what people will say, they will rather stay silent.

I discussed with a couple of friends and we decided we must not wait till it gets so bad before we look for solutions on how to fight hunger and address the root cause of poverty.

Read rest of the interview below -

http://ynaija.com/impact365-foodcliques-mission-end-hunger-nigeria/[/b]

Re: Hunger Fighting Nairalander Featured In Youth Newspaper Ynaija by rockerbolla(m): 4:48pm On Jun 28, 2016
Great article and informative

(1) (Reply)

This Is Why Some People Will Remain Poor (You Might Find This Really Helpful) / Fklt- Fact Knowledge Learning Truth / Top 10 Online Shopping Sites In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.