Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (74970 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 12:09am On Dec 31, 2009
Until the useless Bulgarian scored, he was a pile of wan.k as usual. . . .
In the first 45 minutes, every one of the United player repped the colours right apart from Dimitar Fuc.ktard
Good job he scored tonight. . . Might have just saved his plonking as.shole a rollicking in the changing rooms!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 12:21am On Dec 31, 2009
presido1:

We need him to prove us wrong by doing what he was bought to do. If he increases his goal tally nobody will be dizzing him. Two goals in two games is a good return and that is what we expect from him. Double digit goal count in PL is not too much to ask for. 30 milla can buy two Defoe.

He gave a master-class performance tonight.
The audacious pass he supplied to Valencia for Carrick's goal is the pass of the decade. . . .
How can you go wrong with Dimitar when he strings passes seamlessly and his reluctance to lose possession is 99%?

U cannot play Defoe n Rooney together.
Fergie coulda bought Defoe but a player like Defoe will freeze at OT.
Do you really think any idiot can wear the RED SHIRT and perform? Defoe will only flourish where he's the SUPERSTAR, not at United!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 31, 2009
proving me wrong?The certified dud had all the lamest attempts on goal.His goal was so soft that it was the weakest one of the5.Had to have2touches before scoring his usual tap-in from half a yard.Coulda sworn he'd miss from there. BTW Valencia,as poor as you say he is,still leads him in the scoring race.I wonder how you feel about that.Berbatov:confirmed piece of bulgarian c.rap
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 12:33am On Dec 31, 2009
Eastbay:

proving me wrong?The certified dud had all the lamest attempts on goal.His goal was so soft that it was the weakest one of the5.

His goal was the most difficult. . . .Every where was crowded and he still toe-poked the ball where Wigan's goalie couldn't dive to catch it.
Look at the technique he deployed scoring that goal? C-L-A-S-S.

Had to have2touches before scoring his usual tap-in from half a yard.Coulda sworn he'd miss from there.

Like i told you. . . . .He is never in a hurry.
Easy does it. Cool headed monster!!! Rooney woulda missed that chance by using power instead of placement.

BTW Valencia,as poor as you say he is,still leads him in the scoring race.I wonder how you feel about that.Berbatov:confirmed piece of bulgarian c.rap

Valencia has copped more game time. . . . .Valencia has had more run of games to steady his performance.
Berbatov has been in and out of the team since the Blackburn game because of his knee operation but he is getting back to his very best now.
By the end of January, get back to me!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 1:18am On Dec 31, 2009
As I mentioned earlier - this is Berba's type of goal - Cherry on the cake after the game is won.

When the going is tough and you need a breakthrough, don't look for Berba - he might have done it by luck once or twice but is ultimately unreliable.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 6:55am On Dec 31, 2009
debosky:

As I mentioned earlier - this is Berba's type of goal - Cherry on the cake after the game is won.

When the going is tough and you need a breakthrough, don't look for Berba - he might have done it by luck once or twice but is ultimately unreliable.

wether the game is won or lost; wether from the halfway line or the goal line. . . . it matters not, the goal will count in his name.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 7:07am On Dec 31, 2009
dayokanu:

We have our moneys worth on Luca already 39 goals in his first season.

grin grin grin
this is the dumbest line of argument i've ever heard - Uli Hoeness can revoke your bayern fc fan status for this statement.

dayokanu:

8 league goals in his first season midway is a whole better than 5 goals mid season for a striker who is in his second season and is not acclamatizing

A striker who scored 5 [b]8 goals mid season is a waste[/b]

grin grin grin
In stuttgart, by mid-season how many had he scored
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 31, 2009
~Sauron~:

Valencia has copped more game time. . . . .Valencia has had more run of games to steady his performance.
Berbatov has been in and out of the team since the Blackburn game because of his knee operation but he is getting back to his very best now.
By the end of January, get back to me!!!!
No excuses.I don't even have to wait till January to know Valencia would still be ahead of the slug.
Happy new year,matey.I gots thangs to look after!!! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by akinalabi(m): 8:26am On Dec 31, 2009
Happy Birthday to Sir Alex.

You have 10 more years at Old Trafford grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 8:33am On Dec 31, 2009
@ eastbay,

its not matter of who is behind or ahead - we'll make do with whatever total he can accrue!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 31, 2009
Ruudie,
I won't be satisfied with anything less than 15 league goals this season from him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 8:58am On Dec 31, 2009
Eastbay:

Ruudie,
I won't be satisfied with anything less than 15 league goals this season from him.

truthfully, do u think it is unachievable
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 31, 2009
RuuDie:

truthfully, do u think it is unachievable
Going by his strike rate (and all the excuses already made-up for him),i think it's not achieveable.
I've left that area long ago.Just praying and hoping that Rooney doesn't cop any injury.Cus the way it is,he's now United's heart and soul.
Berbati is just ear-wax to United's cause:surplus to requirements.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Borat1: 9:55am On Dec 31, 2009
Berba's 'Crimes' were swept under the carpet cos they won the league last season,
I think his case will be re-opened once manscum fail to retain the title. Sure Thing

P.s: Get urselves a new thread, this one is full of wan.k
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 31, 2009
~Borat~:

Berba's 'Crimes' were swept under the carpet cos they won the league last season,
I think his case will be re-opened once manscum fail to retain the title. Sure Thing

P.s: Get urselves a new thread, this one is full of wan.k
WTF are u always doing on it,clown?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2009
Eastbay:

No excuses.I don't even have to wait till January to know Valencia would still be ahead of the slug.
Happy new year,matey.I gots thangs to look after!!! grin

All i know is Berbatov has scored 6 league goals in 12 starts, 17 appearances and Valencia has 5 goals in 16 starts, 19 appearances.
I know who is improving even after suffering a knee op.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 31, 2009
~Sauron~:

All i know is Berbatov has scored 6 league goals in 12 starts, 17 appearances and Valencia has 5 goals in 16 starts, 19 appearances.
I know who is improving having suffered a knee injury.
Erm,
Price tags considered,ignoring starts and taking into consideration appearances,who is worth the money paid on them?
A 30 million buy shouldn't be improving.
a 30 million pound buy is a finished article;a weapon waiting to explode on all the opposition.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2009
Eastbay:

Erm,
Price tags considered,ignoring starts and taking into consideration appearances,who is worth the money paid on them?
A 30 million buy shouldn't be improving.
a 30 million pound buy is a finished article;a weapon waiting to explode on all the opposition.

Berbatov is worth the money paid to him. . . . .
To actually think Berbatov has scored more league goals than Nicholas Anelka this season means the Bulgarian is doing his best. . . .
Is Anelka also lazy? Anelka has played 1332 league minutes and Berbatov has a league game time of just 1088 minutes.

The combination of Drogba and Anelka has been hailed as the best in the league but letz examine the BLUES BROTHERS.
Drogba(14) and Anelka(5)
Rooney(14) and Berbatov(6).

If y'all pay attention to statistics and quit the crap talks, y'all would realise Rooney and Berbatov are best strike partners in the toughest league in Europe.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 31, 2009
Leave Chelsea out of this.
Because Anelka isn't shipping his weight doesn't mean Berbatov is a superstar. Pe
How much did Chelsea pay for Anelka?15 million or there about.If he can contribute 5 goals so far,that's their problem.They can live with it.Afterall,he was top scorer for them in his first full season.
I can't live with the fact that we paid 30 million for a laid-back slouch with no desire to get into the box.Andwhen he does,he misses several chances terribly before scoring his tap-in from 1/10th yard.
If you paid more attention instead of believing the hype that is Berbatov, you'd realise that Rooney is the only member of the strike-force to be feared.He has been operating with virtually no partner.
Should Berba had had 10 goals by now,would we be having this argument?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2009
Overall,what is Berba's goal-to-game ratio(not goals to starts as you always want to argue with) since he joined united?
Are you seriously expecting me to believe he has justified that price tag from your findings (since you believe so much in STATS)
Tell that to the marines.Even ?Fergie knows it himself.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2009
Eastbay:

Leave Chelsea out of this.
Because Anelka isn't shipping his weight doesn't mean Berbatov is a superstar. Pe
How much did Chelsea pay for Anelka?15 million or there about.If he can contribute 5 goals so far,that's their problem.They can live with it.Afterall,he was top scorer for them in his first full season.

So Anelka is NOT lazy even when he has played more minutes than Berbatov and has scored less goals?
Cheese n Rice. . . . . U amuse me!!!

I can't live with the fact that we paid 30 million for a laid-back slouch with no desire to get into the box.Andwhen he does,he misses several chances terribly before scoring his tap-in from 1/10th yard.

Berbatov's goal last night was more difficult than the goal Rooney scored.
The goal mouth was crowded and the brilliant Bulgarian was still able to find space and toe-poke the ball to where the goalie cannot reach.
Last night, he was brilliant.

If you paid more attention instead of believing the hype that is Berbatov, you'd realise that Rooney is the only member of the strike-force to be feared.He has been operating with virtually no partner.

Says who?
Where are the passes coming from?
Oh. . . . .Rooney just takes the ball from KitKat and run from United's box into opponent's box and score all by himself?
This is new to me.

Should Berba had had 10 goals by now,would we be having this argument?

If Berba had taken all the 4 penos Rooney had copped, He would be on 10 league goals.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 31, 2009
Guy stop interpreting my words to suit your argument.
Never said Anelka was lazy.
Yes,Berbatov's goal was the most difficult (to you).
But in the first half he has easier chances face-to-face with the Wigan goalie and couldn't even hit the target.
Rooney's goal was the most difficult,by the way.
going by Berba's penalty history,(e.g. the penalty shoot-out vs Everton) I'm not so sure my guy woulda scored any of those penalty kicks.
The worst penalty kick of 2009 was taken by Berbatov in the F.A. cup semi final vs Everton.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 3:06pm On Dec 31, 2009
Berba that can't take penalties? grin grin grin

~Sauron~:

I know who is improving even after suffering a knee op.

When you start comparing a £30m STRIKER to a £16m WINGER in terms of goals scored then you see how RUBBISH Berba has been for Utd this season.

Useless player. . . as Borat perceptively said, it is when Utd fails to retain the prem this season that the full fury of Utd fans will be unleashed on Berba.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2009
debosky:

Berba that can't take penalties?  grin grin grin

Because he missed one now means he cannot take penalties?
Your memory is short. . . . .Who took the penalty that beat Chelsea in the CC final in 2008? Nasri?

When you start comparing a £30m STRIKER to a £16m WINGER in terms of goals scored then you see how RUBBISH Berba has been for Utd this season.

U are a simpleton. . . . . .
So we should also conclude Lampard is better than Anelka because Lampard has scored more goals?
You need blood transfusion. The stupidity platelets in your veins need to diluted. grin grin grin grin

Useless player. . . as Borat perceptively said, it is when Utd fails to retain the prem this season that the full fury of Utd fans will be unleashed on Berba.

United will win the title. . . . .
You are better off waiting for HELL to freeze than United losing the Prem title this season.

Eastbay:

Guy stop interpreting my words to suit your argument.
Never said Anelka was lazy.

Why is Anelka NOT lazy?
He has played MORE league minutes and has scored LESS goals.

Yes,Berbatov's goal was the most difficult (to you).

It was the most difficult. . . . .Only smart strikers woulda placed the ball the way he did.
Others woulda blasted and it woulda been deflected over the bar a la Rooney against Aston Villa.

But in the first half he has easier chances face-to-face with the Wigan goalie and couldn't even hit the target.
Rooney's goal was the most difficult,by the way.

Rooney also missed good chances.
Wazza shoulda copped at least a brace or a hatrick.

going by Berba's penalty history,(e.g. the penalty shoot-out vs Everton) I'm not so sure my guy woulda scored any of those penalty kicks.
The worst penalty kick of 2009 was taken by Berbatov in the F.A. cup semi final vs Everton.

Carrick can't take penalties - He missed against Burnley
Ronaldo can't take penalties - He missed against Barcelona & Chelsea
Ballack can't take penalties - He missed against Paul Robinson to knock Chelsea out of the Carling Cup.

You and Debosky need to quit the DRUGS.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 3:36pm On Dec 31, 2009
~Sauron~:

Because he missed one now means he cannot take penalties?
Your memory is short. . . . .Who took the penalty that beat Chelsea in the CC final in 2008? Nasri?
Berba is goat turd - that is the worst penalty in living memory.

U are a simpleton. . . . . .
So we should also conclude Lampard is better than Anelka because Lampard has scored more goals?
You need blood transfusion. The stupidity platelets in your veins need to diluted. grin grin grin grin
You are a consummate slowpoke to conclude because Berba has one goal over Valencia that he is a better player and improving, disregarding that their team functions are different. Clutching at straws to defend a useless player.

Why is Anelka NOT lazy?
He has played MORE league minutes and has scored LESS goals.
How many assists has he produced?

Carrick can't take penalties - He missed against Burnley
Ronaldo can't take penalties - He missed against Barcelona & Chelsea
Ballack can't take penalties - He missed against Paul Robinson to knock Chelsea out of the Carling Cup.

You and Debosky need to quit the DRUGS.

That is a wrong analysis - if there ever is a worse penalty than the one Berba took, pigs will fly over Everest.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2009
Oga stop taking Hennesey as your morning tea.
Berbatov's penalty was a dis-service to football itself.
How do  you even dream of defending that absolute disgrace of a penalty?
Now that CR7 is gone,Berba will be the last in the order to take penalties because of that shocker of a kick against Everton.
The lazy spud couldn't put himself together to take a decent kick from 12 yards.
Now you're trumpeting his goal against Wigan as the most difficult of the night when he was right in front of the goal with the keeper out of position.

Guy the way your head is so high-up in Berba's ass,you'd be forgiven to know what he had for breakfast this morning
Like I said,the Anelka analogy is not the point.
Anelka is not lazy.Again I NEVER said he was lazy.His goal output has nothing to do with this argument.
The argument is:does Berba do enough in the scoring department to help United?
If as dayokanu always say,he once covered only 2km in 90 minutes,I'm afraid the question about him being lazy is already answered.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2009
debosky:

Berba is goat turd - that is the worst penalty in living memory.

I have seen worse ones. . . . . .Ribery's penalty here is a disgrace!!!
http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2017466/ and this is the best player in Bundesliga by a mile.
Compare that to Berba's penalty and get back to me.

You are a consummate slowpoke to conclude because Berba has one goal over Valencia that he is a better player and improving, disregarding that their team functions are different. Clutching at straws to defend a useless player.

Debosky, you are a lummox.
In most of United's attacks, Berbatov is even further behind Valencia and Rooney.
Berbatov holds the ball up and wait for his wingers and strikers to run ahead of him so he can feed em the pass.
For example, Carrick's goal last night. . . . . .

How many assists has he produced?  

Like Eastbay and the idiotic GAYnners keep muttering, Berbatov wasn't bought to provide assists.
Fact remains Berba-Rooney combo is the most productive in the EPL as we speak.

That is a wrong analysis - if there ever is a worse penalty than the one Berba took, pigs will fly over Everest.

Check Ribery's miss above and you will eat your vomitus you scumbag.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 31, 2009
It's amazing that the smart one (Berba) isn't the one driving united's title push.
The daft one (rooney) is gathering all the rave reviews and rightfully so,and is the focal point of the title pus,despite your analysis of him being daft enough to hit the post against Villa.
As if Berba would muster enough power to hit the same crossbar.
This same Berba had a chance to score a hat-trick against City and decided it would be better to make a star out of Shay given.
But I guess he was smart enough to keep the score low at that point so Owen would score in injury time.
And like you rightly pointed out,we didn't spend 30 mill for someone to provide just assists.But Prof Berbatov knows best.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2009
Eastbay:

It's amazing that the smart one (Berba) isn't the one driving united's title push.
The daft one (rooney) is gathering all the rave reviews and rightfully so,and is the focal point of the title pus,despite your analysis of him being daft enough to hit the post against Villa.

Berbatov is simply doing what Fergie and Mike Phelan want him to do.
Spray intelligent passes to his team-mates and nick goals here n there if the opportunity avails itself.
His influence in the team last night was top draw as he started most of the attacks from deep. . . . .

As if Berba would muster enough power to hit the same crossbar.
This same Berba had a chance to score a hat-trick against City and decided it would be better to make a star out of Shay given.
But I guess he was smart enough to keep the score low at that point so Owen would score in injury time.

Football is not by POWER. . . .Instead of you to applaud Shay Given's brilliance, you are here slating Berbatov. Is Given a slouch like Almunia?
Kanu is the most intelligent Nigerian striker till date. . . . . He didn't achieve that by POWER.
Is Kanu lazy?  grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by agabaI23(m): 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2009
Na wa oo

Sauron defending the flop is the joke of the year.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2009
agabaI23:

Na wa oo
Sauron defending the flop is the joke of the year.

And to think Eduardo could only manage 4 league goals in 17 appearances in his debut season as an out n out striker even makes Berbatov look like a world class player.

Is Eduardo lazy too?
This was a player bought to replace Henry and many idiotic GAYnners felt his injury cos them the league title in 2007/8.

Tevez is the most expensive striker in the EPL. . . .Citeh paid £47 million for him
By the spastic comments i keep reading here. . . . .Tevez shoulda scored 15 league goals. . . . .Is Tevez lazy too?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by A40(m): 4:28pm On Dec 31, 2009
Antonio Valencia an average Joe from Wigan has done more in half a season than Berbaslug has done in a season and a half. He's flopped harder than 50's new album

@Ruudie
If the game was on the line and you needed an equalizer or game-winner and you could only bring in one of Wazza or Berba or Owen or Berba who would you choose? Who would you rather have fit all season? Wazza or Berbaslug

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 17th February 2020 / Watford Vs Liverpool (3 - 0) On 29th February 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.