Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? (29939 Views)

My Take On Anambra Election, Boycott And Evidence Of Low Turn Out / Facts And Evidence That Election Wasn't Boycotted In Anambra .... / Search For Chibok Girls. Min Of Info And Coordinator BBOG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by Twy: 3:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
A lot of the information are from journalists but I do not know the evidence. Most journalists actually have an idea about what is going on in the area they cover, Aso rock, government house, industry. But if it is a major political issue, the newspaper patrons or owners shy away from publishing controversial stuff which are them passed or maybe shopped to saharareporters. I suspect others are from political or business competitors of indivduals covered

1 Like

Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by bezimo(m): 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
When it comes to news and getting inaccesible info they have their way but I dont trust them because it seems about 30% of the news they propagate on their online platform are lies to create sensational journalism.
The other day they said TB Joshua bought jet of about $10M showing picture as proof but it turned to be false and deliberate lies.

1 Like

Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by vicadex07(m): 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
dearsly:

I'm not your playmate!
Be guided......never quote me anymore....#Pace

look at this child... you're the lowest of the low if we're to rank levels. Empty barrels make the loudest noise... now run along and join your mates kid.
Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by dearsly(m): 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
vicadex07:

look at this child... you're the lowest of the low if we're to rank levels. Empty barrels make the loudest noise... now run along and join your mates kid.

Thank you!...
Just be gone
Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
From the CIA

1 Like

Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by Marriott1980(m): 5:41pm On Jun 29, 2016
scribble:

Mostly efcc

Like fayose zenith slips

Only efcc had access

No you are wrong. Not only efcc have access to it. I know this cos I am a former staff of Zenith bank. After processing deposits each day, there is what we call batch and this is all the deposit slips used for the day. Each teller scan their batch in the computer as a backup to the paper.

So that copy is there electronically for anybody who has a password to log into the backup, which most times is any staff in the cash & teller unit.

1 Like

Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hmm! ok I know why u deh vex. But let me not say it here. lipsrsealed

BrainnewsNg:

Unserious human
Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by pure2012soul(m): 6:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
mkoabiola:

So u mean there can b a loophole within circuit of chief of Army staff.

The military are very secretive.
I knw he is one of d student union leader @unilag den but atimes I wonder hw they are being funded if they pay their source.
Don't forget that he just retired some senior army officers who may be privy to sensitive information.
Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by doofanc: 6:40pm On Jun 29, 2016
pure2012soul:

Don't forget that he just retired some senior army officers who may be privy to sensitive information.

Precisely. The Burutai case was almost certainly divulged by disgruntled but formally close confidant, most likely the recently retired officers.

I won't be surprised if that is how SR gets most of it stories, and that could explain the haphazard nature. It's not as if they start investigating one politician after the other. That would cost a lot of money. I strongly believe they rely on insiders.

1 Like

Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
Not everyone within one's circle has their best intentions in mind. Some people're willing to spread your dirt not for financial benefit but only to see you fall, now imagine if there's a financial incentive added. Another thing about Sahara Reporters is they always keep their sources anonymous thereby inspiring other potential whistleblowers who know their safety is fully guaranteed.

In bible times if there was a Sahara Reporters-type organization we all know Judas would willingly spread dirt about Jesus' name. If the sinless son of God had detractors any powerful man would.
Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by Tonason: 7:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
Monitoring spirit revels everything they want to know to them. They also use what is called intelligence gathering.
Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by jude90(m): 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2016
if u ask me Na who I go ask?
Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
SR are secretly funded and controlled by the CIA, and neo-colonialist imperialists.

Their main role is to negatively portray Africa especially, countries with patriotic leaders who they can't control.

Have noticed that they never criticise western nations or even African countries allied to the West?
Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by JuanDeDios: 8:17pm On Jun 29, 2016
trumpclinton:
if you want to expose your roommate and you have millions to spare, contact Sahara reporters they will be glad to publish whatever you give them. Some may be correct and some false.
That is how they operate.
Try it and see if they won't ask you for proof. There are actually lots of things they know but don't publish because they don't have any proof.

1 Like

Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by JuanDeDios: 8:21pm On Jun 29, 2016
doofanc:

Precisely. The Burutai case was almost certainly divulged by disgruntled but formally close confidant, most likely the recently retired officers.

I won't be surprised if that is how SR gets most of it stories, and that could explain the haphazard nature. It's not as if they start investigating one politician after the other. That would cost a lot of money. I strongly believe they rely on insiders.
You're right. Apart from "disgruntled" former players, there are people within the public sector who are sick of what is going on and do give out information. And not just to Sahara Reporters.
Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by hikmojj(m): 8:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
u said it all investigative journalism..... presently investigative journalism is practically impossible in Nigeria because the day u see it the day it perishes.
Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by georgeidoni: 8:41pm On Jun 29, 2016
Some of the journalists in the mainstream media also contribute stories to Sahara Reporters. In the course of their assignments, they often stumbled of some of these sensitive stories that their publishers will never allow them to publish in their media due to political expediency. So, instead of allowing the stories to go unpublished as a result of personal conviction, they simply send the stories to Sahara Reporters. Ordinary. citizens like you and I, also contribute stories like the Stella Oduah BMW car purchase documents, the information minister loan request to NBC for his China trip, the Fayose tellers and numerous others.
Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by Captain22: 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2016
Witchcraft and monitoring spirits
Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by kolo647: 9:07pm On Jun 29, 2016
Dey get their info tru judas like Tinubu n amechi
Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
The Sowore guy is a CIA agent of destabilization. Belief me.
Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by nairalandankrah: 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
mkoabiola:
Sahara Reporter is one of the best online investigative journalism in the country with their information and source that is being reported to the public.
Sahara reporter has always being in the news for political reportage which sometimes is controversial.

Sahara reporter was the first to report the missing millions in saraki's house
Now,Sahara reporter is the first to report the dubai property of burutai even with document and evidence.

How do Saraha reporter get their source and evidence?
from well meaning nigerians all over the world..
Re: How Does Sahara Reporters Get Its Sources, Info And Evidence? by brightleave(m): 6:39am On Jun 30, 2016
I thought it was APC shit, or has it changed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu In Abeokuta To Meet With Obasanjo / Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines / Where Are Those Fake Pastors, Prophets That Said Tinubu Won't Be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.