Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,093 members, 7,807,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property (28906 Views)

Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm / "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation / Buratai And His Wives Own Dubai Property - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:20am On Jun 29, 2016
The last may not have been heard on the ongoing controversy over Lt. General Tukur Buratai, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) ownership of two Dubai-based properties valued at N4.3 billion ($1.5 million).

Competent sources told Independent that the Department of State Security (DSS) may have placed some recently retired army officers on surveillance on the belief that they may be the principal sponsors of the disclosure, which is seen as a smear campaign on military top brass.

The army, last month, sacked about 50 officers over charges bordering on corruption.
Independent gathered that the revelation on Buratai’s Dubai interest might be the handiwork of some of the retired officers itching to get back at the COAS for booting them out of office.

But while the DSS may have their hands full in this matter, the military high command, on another front, is on high alert over intelligence detailing disaffection in the defence over what insiders call attempt at ‘profiling’ army personnel to be sent to hot spots or to be placed in strategic offices as it braces up for a major campaign in the Niger Delta.

Profiling, especially in intelligence circle involves isolating an individual or group of persons on the basis of their race, ethnicity, religious beliefs or some other sentiments considered to be primordial. The army, however, has denied this.

The two incidents, despite spirited efforts by authorities at putting a lid on their attendant media ruckus, are believed to have many in the Defence Headquarters concerned. Buratai came under storm after a petition by a group identifying self as Concerned Soldiers and Officers from the North East, who accused the COAS of owning the property from proceeds of executing contract as a former procurement officer for the army.

According to the petition, the COAS and his two wives are joint owners of a Dubai property that was paid for in one transaction. The money for the purchase of the property may have come from a vehicle contract scam while Buratai was the Director of Procurement at the Army HQ. The allegation that the COAS skimmed off money meant for the purchase of military vehicles allegedly sparked outrage among soldiers and officers, especially those from the North East region of the country.

Also according to the petitioners, the proxy’s name is Usman Gamawa, founder of Baggash Investment Limited. But the army has since dismissed the allegations of the petitioners, insisting that Buratai declared the said property, which, according to them, was purchased with the army chief’s savings. Skeptics are, however, befuddled as to how a Lt. General’s salary within the period could purchase N4.3 billion property in Dubai.

Concerned by the implication of this, the DSS is trying to nip in the bud other revelations that may further implicate Buratai and other top officers and has since moved to stave off this from happening.

“DSS believes that such revelation may weaken army cohesion thereby endanger national security,” explained a military source, adding that “about 25 former officers recently retired over corruption allegation are closely being watched and may be rounded up soon.”

The military are also desperately quelling a growing impression that there is ongoing subterranean profiling of officers in the face of ongoing military campaigns especially in the Niger Delta.
According to anonymous sources that spoke to Independent, army’s selection of personnel to go to conflict zones reflects a bias for certain ethnic nationalities in the army. One of the sources recalled a military incident in Enugu, where troops’ mobilisation for an operation was believed to have favoured an ethnic group that is a traditional rival of the indigenous people in the area of conflict.
“The soldiers had resisted the assignment because the aftermath of the operation would have increased animosity against their people,” the source said.
The mobilisation in question had sparked off fight in the cantonment at the time. Army later denied the incident though. Sources say that as army mobilises for possible onslaught in the Niger Delta, the army hierarchy may have prepared to use the same method.

Army authority, however, debunked this claim. In a terse text message to Independent, Col. Usman, Army Public Relations Officer (PRO), said that the allegation was simply “not true”.

Another army officer who declined being mentioned by name said that the army is a highly regimented place that does not allow for such permutations. “You cannot shuffle troops like a pack of card, we are too rigidly regimented for such thing to happen,” he said.

Source:

http://independentnig.com/2016/06/29/army-may-round-up-25-retired-officers-over-buratai-dubai-property/

1 Share

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:21am On Jun 29, 2016
The Real Corruption fighting back very hard angry

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by thunder74(m): 6:27am On Jun 29, 2016
You can't run away from your shadows. Truth is sturbon, it will surely come out no matter how hard you try to cover it.

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by SeverusSnape(m): 6:28am On Jun 29, 2016
Independent gathered that the revelation on Buratai’s Dubai interest might be the handiwork of some of the retired officers itching to get back at the COAS for booting them out of office.

^^ Nice job guys, expose the fraudulent, sanctimonious and mendacious thief.
Corrupt saints Buhari appointed. You won't see those foolish DSS (Daura secret service) or EFCC now.

No wonder Cameron said "Nigeria is fantastically corrupt". He was right afterall.

141 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by Oche211(m): 6:29am On Jun 29, 2016
This is corruption itself.
Buratai as an army officer in the last administration can't be a saint after all.
I want to hear EFCC in this case nd nt DSS.

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by lovat(m): 6:32am On Jun 29, 2016
Thank you buhari for your action that are further dividing this country.

Buratai is a theif and he should face the Music.

Buratai needs to trend on twitter

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by bonechamberlain(m): 6:37am On Jun 29, 2016
I laugh very hard, buhari is fighting boko haram, NDA, IPOB, various militants now added to the list is retired army personnel. Now corruption is fighting back, but this time its fighting using state apparatus and on behalf of the government in power.

Somebody might run mad cause of his fear for opposition.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by omowolewa: 6:42am On Jun 29, 2016
Transfered aggression
CHIJIOKE1314:
[s][/s]
In your brain, some people are worthy sons who deserved to chop our 'Yam'..
Where is your anti corruption spirit?
DaBullIT, I wonder why you that is almost on every thread ranting how your God Bubu is champion on corruption has suddenly become picky with threads..
Omenka, PassingShot Modath we have another Yam eater. .come let's hang him here like we hanged his master Dasuki, others.
what is this one saying?!
IRserveMyComent:
How on earth will you understand what he was saying when it is obvious your brain lacks the capacity to?
Okay, I don't play this kind of online call out game, I understand it a new trend in town. If my post isn't ok with you, why not just pretend you don't see it. It maybe fair in your social circle to call out on each other, sorry am not made for that game.
tonio2wo:

Nothing but the truth!
Truth? You mean, rounding up innocent people instead of Sahara Reporter is actually an aggression well channeled? Maybe you want it to be on record that you posted something.

You guyz should enjoy your day abeg!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by CHIJIOKE1314: 6:44am On Jun 29, 2016
Once a criminal, always a criminal...

Waiting for those who always pretends to be hard on corrupt people to gather on this now..

But they said Igbos are the ones supporting all corrupt people in Nigeria. .. I wonder why they are not backing this one and those who has always raised hard voices to smear innocent people on persecution noose suddenly lost their voices and their phones..

All of you shall rip what you have/are sowing.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by able20(m): 6:48am On Jun 29, 2016
If Buhari no stop corruption at all levels, Kwaraption go KILL Buhari fast

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by CHIJIOKE1314: 6:50am On Jun 29, 2016
[s]
omowolewa:
Transfered aggression
[/s]

In your brain, some people are worthy sons who deserved to chop our 'Yam'..
Where is your anti corruption spirit?

DaBullIT, I wonder why you that is almost on every thread ranting how your God Bubu is champion on corruption has suddenly become picky with threads..

Omenka, PassingShot Modath we have another Yam eater. .come let's hang him here like we hanged his master Dasuki, others.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 29, 2016
HonSuQMaDIQ:

The last may not have been heard on the ongoing controversy over Lt. General Tukur Buratai, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) ownership of two Dubai-based properties valued at N4.3 billion ($1.5 million).

I am beginning to entertain the thought that Buratai may well be innocent of these claims.

How can one explain $1.5Million translating into 4.3Billion Naira? Pls let us endeavour to use our brains atleast when reading & digesting news.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by Sealeddeal(m): 7:19am On Jun 29, 2016
Why is Federal government using apparatus of authority to cover Buratai's fraud?
It is expected that Buhari will,in spirit of fight against corruption and the claim that he belong to nobody, order investigation into this Buratai's fraud.

25 Likes

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by Abeymills(m): 7:21am On Jun 29, 2016
An insult on d dismissed army officers will u let dis people be?after u disgrace dem out of office u are now saying they are responsible 4 exposing ur corrupt practices a abi?oga snake shammer pls resign

20 Likes

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by nonjebose(m): 7:21am On Jun 29, 2016
Permutations and hearsays from sacked corrupt officers. Burutai should be investigated, though. Total cleansing of corrupt officers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 7:22am On Jun 29, 2016
Zoharariel:
[s]

I am beginning to entertain the thought that Buratai may well be innocent of these claims.

How can one explain $1.5Million translating into 4.3Billion Naira? Pls let us endeavour to use our brains atleast when reading & digesting news.[/s]
See them, enemies of buhari government. Topic says DSS is hunting buratai whistle blowers and here you are yapping about figures like a rabbied chihuahua. Where is EFCC in this case? AWOL?
I support buhari but not actions that will jeopardize his government's stand on corruption. The kind of hurry and effort with which they are trying to exonerate buratai makes his case more suspicious and gives k-leg to our anti corruption. Buratai should be independently investigated as an individual and not all this conniving and and assenting statements from the Army and FG. Makes it look shameful.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by freeze001(f): 7:43am On Jun 29, 2016
Demons in power! So after dismissing them unlawfully d DSS and Army want to still 'round them up' to keep them from telling the truth and further persecute them abi?

The people that voted this APC tyrant ehn...ur punishments will be painful and unending!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by freeze001(f): 7:43am On Jun 29, 2016

1 Like

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by koboko69: 8:00am On Jun 29, 2016
Zoharariel:

How can one explain $1.5Million translating into 4.3Billion Naira? Pls let us endeavour to use our brains atleast when reading & digesting news.

My brother, let's even assume Naira was 197 when he bought it. Which i know will definitely be lower. 1.5million as at when he bought it. Whats 295 .5 Million Naira. Not even upti Linda's house. He was even bold to declare it, means he wasn't hiding anything about it.

3 Likes

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by isaacputi(m): 8:07am On Jun 29, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
Once a criminal, always a criminal...

Waiting for those who always pretends to be hard on corrupt people to gather on this now..

But they said Igbos are the ones supporting all corrupt people in Nigeria. .. I wonder why they are not backing this one and those who has always raised hard voices to smear innocent people on persecution noose suddenly lost their voices and their phones..

All of you shall rip what you have/are sowing.

Yes ibos like defending any corrupt person that is against PMB's administration...am a yoruba man and I want each and every corrupt person to be probed including Buratai, aisha, fayose, even GEJ for his carelessness

1 Like

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by DaBullIT(m): 8:09am On Jun 29, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
[s][/s]
DaBulIT, I wonder why you that is almost on every thread ranting how your God Bubu is champion on corruption has suddenly become picky with threads..

So you expect me to be on Nairaland till 2 AM and still wake up 6:30 AM to come and comment on Buhari's activities ??

Go through my posts from 25th till date , I have always , ALWAYS emphasized that if Burutai is involved in any crime or corruption whatsoever , he should be hanged by his balls because that's what it really matters , and there was this other chief of staff or something involved in the arms probe scandal who has allegedly collect from the Dasuki loot, I heard he was arrested and i still posted the same sai baba , You can't keep the corrupt people in your cabinet , or let them continue unabated and expect people not to shout about it

I am not a hypocrite , what Buhari is doing to those close and far , APC members or PDP members who are corrupt is just by me , Fight against corruption has always been my favorite and i won't support shielding certain members from the wrath of law , Do yourself a favor , go through my posts to confirm what i just said

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by facelessangel: 8:13am On Jun 29, 2016
As far as Brutal is APC. The Waste Side will support the evil Man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by chimah3(m): 8:26am On Jun 29, 2016
Chasing shadows!!!

For how long?!?

1 Like

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by Swiftjay: 8:27am On Jun 29, 2016
K
Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by Okijajuju1(m): 8:27am On Jun 29, 2016
odikwa risky.
Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by sammyj: 8:28am On Jun 29, 2016
ok
Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 29, 2016
Investigate them and sentence if guilty.
Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by BABANGBALI: 8:29am On Jun 29, 2016
Dis burantachi man don hear am

1 Like

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by hazyfm: 8:30am On Jun 29, 2016
THIS MAN SHOULD STEP DOWN ASAP

3 Likes

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by Abelpeters: 8:31am On Jun 29, 2016
Every department in nigeria is corrupt EVEN.. The military. Chaii.

4 Likes

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by shelu88(f): 8:31am On Jun 29, 2016
Truth Don leak

1 Like

Re: Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property by matt245(m): 8:31am On Jun 29, 2016
corruption everywhere

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ongoing Rehabilitation And Expansion Of Ilorin-mokwa-jebba Road / Salihu Tanko Yakasai Blames Arewa For Tolerating Insecurity, Ogundamisi Reacts / Photos And Video From The Labour Party Presidential Campaign Rally In SOKOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.