Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

My Story - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Story (589 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Story by ogoplus: 11:12am On Jun 29, 2016
Dear family,

I bought a plot of land last year 2015, through a family friend.
Did the survey and obtained a signed deed from the seller.

Fast forward in January this year 2016, went to the place to put up a fence.

The seller stopped the workers. And started demanding for additional 200k.
His reason was that he sold the land less than the market value last year because he has urgent need of money then.

I asked my dad for advice he says I should negotiate with the guy and pay like additional 100k.

Some of my friends think I should engage a lawyer and get a restraining order and Sue the guy(the seller) for trespass.

While some friends suggest that I should ignore the guy and get armed mopol or soldiers to site any time I have workers at site.

My plight:

1) Engaging the lawyer, getting and enforcing a restraining order won't cost less than 100k(estimates include:legal fees, paying police to enforce the order and other miscellaneous expenses)

2) Providing the workers with armed security to ward-off the guy won't be cheap either.

3) Some folks think if I negotiate with the seller as dad suggested, he may come up with another demand.

I am a bit confused.

I need your candid suggestions please...
Re: My Story by ijeshaboy: 1:18pm On Jun 29, 2016
Negotiate to the bearest minimum and pay and let him sign a comprehensive agreement and fence up your land with immediate effect. Those bagas are idiot, don't use violence pls.
Re: My Story by bebe2(f): 7:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
ijeshaboy:
Negotiate to the bearest minimum and pay and let him sign a comprehensive agreement and fence up your land with immediate effect. Those bagas are idiot, don't use violence pls.

Are u really an ijesha boy?

Am trying to get a property in ijesha hope I won't encounter such issues oo
Re: My Story by ogoplus: 9:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
ijeshaboy:

Thanks @ijeshaboy.

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Property To Sell At Sango In Ogun, N2m Fast Sale. / Various Mini Flat For Rent / Neatly Used Mirror Door Wardrobe @ Give Away Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.