Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Vandal Re-arrested 18 Days After Detention For Same Offence - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Vandal Re-arrested 18 Days After Detention For Same Offence (671 Views)

Nigerian Student Who Escaped Death Penalty In Malaysia, Re-arrested. Photo / Transformer Vandal Escapes Death After Being Electrocuted While Trying To Steal / Transformer Vandal Electrocuted In Kaduna This Morning (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Vandal Re-arrested 18 Days After Detention For Same Offence by Shukuakukobambi: 3:59am On Jun 30, 2016
LAGOS—Barely 18 days after gaining freedom from detention at the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Yaba, Lagos, Godwin Nwankwo, 23, was yesterday re-arrested by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad, RRS, of Lagos State Police Command, for vandalising bridge railings and crash barriers on Ijora Bridge.

Nwankwo, as gathered, was apprehended while bringing out some cut-to-size railings and crash barriers from manholes meant to reinforce Ijora Bridge. During interrogation, he blamed his action on hunger, claiming there were no alternative means to get money. According to the Enugu State-born suspect, “when I was arrested the first time over same offence, I pleaded for leniency and mercy. Now that I have been caught again, I do not know what to say. But I know that the devil pushed me into this act. “My plan was to raise some money to enable me relocate to Enugu, where I was repairing handsets before coming to Lagos. I want to leave Lagos because my life has been meaningless here. “Unfortunately, I have been arrested again and only God knows if this will not lead me to jail.”

He claimed the railings were sold to one Alhaji Talimu Sanni and another man. His revelation as gathered, led to the arrest of Sanni. During interrogation the 54-year-old receiver admitted to the claim, but stated that he was oblivious of the fact that they were stolen. Spokesperson for Lagos State Police Command, Superintendent Dolapo Badmus, confirmed the arrest, saying anyone involved in the act would be brought to book. She said: “We are intensifying our efforts to arrest anybody vandalising government’s infrastructure across the state. This stride has begun to yield positive results as some of them have been arrested and they are facing prosecution.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/vandal-re-arrested-18-days-detention-offence-2/
Re: Vandal Re-arrested 18 Days After Detention For Same Offence by eleko1: 4:01am On Jun 30, 2016
sad "CODEINE NWANK-OWO" sad .Nah like dis Dem dey Developed Lagos sad . Stealing,frauds,Rape,faking,destruction,Ritual,impor/export of white "Dustin poWder", all manners of crime sad grin angry undecided cheesy sad . Ipods yoots/sons Enterprise cool undecided

Re: Vandal Re-arrested 18 Days After Detention For Same Offence by Shukuakukobambi: 4:02am On Jun 30, 2016
Godwin Nwankwo, 23, was yesterday re-arrested by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad, RRS, of Lagos State Police Command, for vandalising bridge railings and crash barriers on Ijora Bridge.

Imagine dem hardworking people come add join the thieves we have here already? angry

Can't they restrict their hardwork to their red mud erosion ravaged region?

When is Bubu dividing this country sef? it haf do angry
Re: Vandal Re-arrested 18 Days After Detention For Same Offence by Nobody: 4:18am On Jun 30, 2016
He should be sent to jail ASAP
Re: Vandal Re-arrested 18 Days After Detention For Same Offence by ishowdotgmail(m): 4:19am On Jun 30, 2016
GODWIN NWANKWO

They won't cease to stop disgracing us....

IPOD and crime are like

Re: Vandal Re-arrested 18 Days After Detention For Same Offence by VivianUdeogu(f): 5:51am On Jun 30, 2016
Na wa o

PHOTO: Boy Shot Dead In Broad Day Light In Benue State / Jungle Justice: Wailing Wailers Write Ambode, Want Perpetrators Brought To Book / 'plastic' Or Not? Over 100 Bags Of Fake Rice Seized In Nigeria.