Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,394 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Things To Do In Abuja. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things To Do In Abuja. (1676 Views)

Exciting Things To Do In Lagos Besides The Regular Weekend Clubbing, Others / Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) / Abuja - Things To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things To Do In Abuja. by londoner: 5:21pm On Sep 05, 2009
Hi all, I've been to Abuja twice, but didn't really do the whole tourist thing. This time I am going with my BF who is from Ghana, I want some tips on places to go and nice places to eat, where they do traditional Naija food by in a well presented way. I did also want to tour the city, anyone know of tour companies who will take you to places like Gurangura falls (sp) and other picturesque places around Abuja?

Would also like to know of any outdoor live music/dance joints (apart from Hilton and the like). Also nice romantic parks or gardens where we can sit in nature.

I heard Silbverbird cimema is now open, can anyone confirm this? Also there was a bowling alley I've heard of , does anyone know where it is? He also loves to play tennis, are there places where we can go for non members?

,My BF is looking forward to coming but at the same time has been fed alot of negativity about Nigeria from certain Nigerians. I want to make sure he sees the good Abuja has to offer.

Please help me out with affordable places to spend our time in ABJ, thanks!
Re: Things To Do In Abuja. by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 15, 2021
Things to do in Abuja?

Well for one, stay in a secure estate or location. Insecurity is rife here now. But we will cut you some slack; if the President’s residence isn’t safe, who you?

Yes, I’ll recommend some great restaurants with awesome picture locations: there Eden by wingist in Garki. You could have a feel of Jamaica at Tiki cultures, or eat your heart out with less at Village Chief.

Cinemas are open. Genesis, silver bird and the rest... Outdoor live bands? I give it to the guys who perform at Caramelo.

Nightlife works better in Gwarinpa; I stand to be corrected though. Gwarinpa has no restrictions, and almost every grooving spot between walking distances.

Get you a pepper spray though. No matter the classy spot you hang out in there’s always a crazy male idiot ready to harass you.

(1) (Reply)

My People I Need Your Advise B4 I Need Up In Jail / Fond Memories Of A Ghanian Of Nigeria's 70s And 80s / Bermuda Traiangle Mystery Finally Solved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.