Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read (23591 Views)

Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job / 4 Steps To Getting An Amazing Job As A Graduate With 3rd Class Or Pass Grade / Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by databoy247(m): 10:51am On Jun 30, 2016
Because of the competition in job search, you do not only get to submit attractive and professional resumes, but you have to be creative! Think out of the box and be the 1% of applicants to capture the interests of recruiters. Most times, you do not need to wait for vacant positions to be announced.

Below are some unconventional methods to capture the interests of company owners and recruiters (bluechip companies, start-ups, etc);

Prepare a marketing plan
A marketing plan is a comprehensive document or blueprint that outlines a company's advertising and marketing efforts for the coming year. It describes business activities involved in accomplishing specific marketing objectives within a set time frame (lets say 3 months). Note that the marketing plan should first come in a one page concept note with highlights of projections. Leave out the detailed activities.

Search out top executives in LinkedIn (as you do not have access to their personal email addresses) and send a simple mail like this:

Hello Mr Kunle, I was just going through Dranve Limited website (or page or whatever) and decided to draw up a tentative marketing plan to increase your xyz product sales (or subscriber base) by 38% in the next 3 months. if you are interested, I can send you a brief of the marketing plan for your perusal. It won't take much of your time.

If its worth giving a shot and if you don't mind, I am willing to be a part of the team to implement this plan and if we are able to achieve 50% of set target, then maybe you can retain me full time. I have always wanted to work for Dranve Limited.

Regards.

You have to use his/her name and ensure to state the name of the company and its services/products. It shows you actually took your time in doing a research and reduces your generic look-alike letters.

Every company wants to increase sales, get new clients and remain relevant. Show them you are not just interested in collecting salary every month but actually interested in moving the company forward. Go out there, buy books, do research and learn how to prepare a marketing plan.

More strategies and methods coming up soon. If you are targeting the oil & gas, engineering, real estate industries, don't worry, there are strategies for these sectors also. Stay tuned......

http://procvnigeria.com/index.php/2016/06/30/unconventional-strategies-to-getting-a-job-fast-part-1/

cc: Lalasticlala cool

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by databoy247(m): 10:55am On Jun 30, 2016
If you enjoyed the first piece and interested in more, be sure to say so, then I can continue (and hope I won't be banned) cool

6 Likes

Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by databoy247(m): 3:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
Work for free.
Yes it might sound absurd, but I said it right. I know it might be a very difficult decision to make, however if you offer to work for free for 3 months, ALOT might happen. And even if you don't get retained, no worries, you have learnt some new skills and have something to brag about in your resume.

A lady came to me that she needs a job and I told her that I cannot employ her at the moment (very unfriendly economy). However, I referred her to a friend who runs a computer engineering outfit...it's small, but they have a lot of clients. I told her that she might not get paid but at least she can learn how to fix computers. She happily went over to resume working. Three weeks after her resumption, a man walked in and after a brief conversation with her, he was impressed. "What did you study?", she told him she studied Environmental Engineering at Petroleum Training Institute (PTI). Instantly the man told my friend that he is going to "steal her" so she will work in his company.

Today she moves around with a Tundra truck and driver. The company has a running contract on Crude Oil Spill clean up. She landed herself a good job by offering to work for free. Now am not saying it will be rosy for all, but if you decid to work for free for the next 3 months, ALOT can happen.

More unconventional job searching strategies coming. Stay tuned.....

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by databoy247(m): 6:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
Go for the lowest unthinkable positions.
Have you ever walked into an Etisalat office (or any of those big companies) in Lagos and asked to be employed as an office assistant or cleaner? Annoying right? Well, if there is a way to get noticed, I think this is one of the best ways.

I believe my examples will explain my points better. I know of a young lady who works as an office assistant (messenger) in Gtbank and at the same time attending a weekend course. Well, to cut the long story short, she now works as a teller over the counter. She practically learned on the job.

Secondly, there was a guy that worked in my former place of work. He delivers documents to other companies and stuff. But guess what? he is good with computers so much so that it got to a time we stopped calling for computer engineers whenever there was any issue. He just fixed it. One day during a staff meeting, he asked his pay to be increased and his request was granted. Why? because he gave value which was costing the company money. The last I heard of him, he is in Europe on a company-sponsored 2 years training program. He still does not have a degree!

A driving position, a janitorial position, a helper on site, etc are not so great, but you will have a chance to showcase your other skills. You might help fix a software problem or help prepare a catchy presentation, or help with some budget calculation. So you never can tell which of those hidden skills can get you promoted from a janitor to a supervisor. Your choice.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by coladey: 8:01pm On Jul 01, 2016
Interesting points...kudos
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by wroskian(m): 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
Following ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by lonngmann(m): 6:07am On Jul 02, 2016
Unconventional indeed..
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by Endougs(m): 6:07am On Jul 02, 2016
Nice topic thanks OP
Meanwhile.
You stand a chance of winning the new HTC smartphone by following the link
https://wn.nr/ZVxxTv
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by nony43(m): 6:07am On Jul 02, 2016
Seen
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by dfrost: 6:08am On Jul 02, 2016
Nice points op
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by cuteemperor(m): 6:10am On Jul 02, 2016
Following.... More pls
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by Adesiji77: 6:10am On Jul 02, 2016
Innovative, especially @ "work for free"
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by omoijesa(m): 6:11am On Jul 02, 2016
Interesting write up,for this is the kind of informative write up NL mods shld b always on d track for,buh its such a pity dat all this yeyebrity wont let this forum B.OP thumbs up more ink 2 ur pen.

4 Likes

Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 02, 2016
Interesting
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by Mopolchi: 6:12am On Jul 02, 2016
*spreads mat* and starts reading.
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by Barackmeringo: 6:15am On Jul 02, 2016
Well, very handful.

It's gon help.

Thanks
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by xxgig(m): 6:16am On Jul 02, 2016
FOLLOWING YOU CLOSELY
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by Histrings08(m): 6:18am On Jul 02, 2016
Pfft
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by cooldipo(m): 6:19am On Jul 02, 2016
Any way na way!
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by SmithHumble50: 6:21am On Jul 02, 2016
Nice 1 op...

There is a saying that says... One person will go to the market square to dance and get praises.. While another person will go and do the same thing and get a beating!

4 Likes

Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by FrankValency(m): 6:23am On Jul 02, 2016
I totally agree with the op......going out of the box is also needed.
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by chimah3(m): 6:25am On Jul 02, 2016
Hmmm..

I tire for naija

Job you will buy fuel 10k in a week to go to!

At the end they give u minimum wage!

Abegiiii
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by dainvincible(m): 6:26am On Jul 02, 2016
@Op this is so cool keep it coming.
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by queenfav(f): 6:27am On Jul 02, 2016
I disagree with the work for free point.In this Nigeria?That's how you would remain in that company for years working for free.Many employers simply have no conscience o.Some get unnecessarily moody when its time to pay salaries.Thats to tell you they want someone they can use for free!When the person that tries working for free sees hunger staring him in the face,nobody go tell am to talk to e legs and move to where he is sure of even 5k.

Again,do u live in Nigeria? Prices of everything has skyrocketed. Those of us that are even lucky to have a job paying small change still find it hard to save something reasonable monthly;so you advise a person to surrender himself for free work?Sorry o.So when your landlord comes for his rent, you would pay with your experience abi?Or the person won't eat and take care of other necessaries requiring money?So He would dress up,leave his house to go work for free?Even the parents would weep for him!

For those who are still dependents, eating" mummy thank you" a.k.a free food,its not a bad idea since your parents would even give you money for fare to go for your free work .For those who are independent, with bills to pay all by themselves, that's a very dumb thing to do.It's better to work for little pay than for free.The remuneration is what motivates people to give their best at work, since they know they are paid something for their services at the end of the month.
Its not a guarantee that a manager would see you and make u a staff with benefits. That's one hell of a gamble!

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by FrankValency(m): 6:28am On Jul 02, 2016
databoy247:
Work for free.
Yes it might sound absurd, but I said it right. I know it might be a very difficult decision to make, however if you offer to work for free for 3 months, ALOT might happen. And even if you don't get retained, no worries, you have learnt some new skills and have something to brag about in your resume.

A lady came to me that she needs a job and I told her that I cannot employ her at the moment (very unfriendly economy). However, I referred her to a friend who runs a computer engineering outfit...it's small, but they have a lot of clients. I told her that she might not get paid but at least she can learn how to fix computers. She happily went over to resume working. Three weeks after her resumption, a man walked in and after a brief conversation with her, he was impressed. "What did you study?", she told him she studied Environmental Engineering at Petroleum Training Institute (PTI). Instantly the man told my friend that he is going to "steal her" so she will work in his company.

Today she moves around with a Tundra truck and driver. The company has a running contract on Crude Oil Spill clean up. She landed herself a good job by offering to work for free. Now am not saying it will be rosy for all, but if you decid to work for free for the next 3 months, ALOT can happen.

More unconventional job searching strategies coming. Stay tuned.....
I got job this way

2 Likes

Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by FrankValency(m): 6:30am On Jul 02, 2016
queenfav:
I disagree with the work for free point.In this Nigeria?That's how you would remain for years working for free.Many be players simply have no conscience, when the person sees hunger and stares it on the face,nobody go tell am to talk to e legs.Again,do u live in Nigeria? Prices of everything has skyrocketed. Those that are even lucky to hsve a job paying small change find it hard to save something reasonable monthly;so you advise a person to surrender himself for free work?Sorry o.
my dear naija need drastic ways to get a job, I just got a job by offering free services for 2 months, and I was recommended by the manager and today, I earn my own salary

7 Likes

Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by donbenedict(m): 6:32am On Jul 02, 2016
Let us not abuse manpower please
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 02, 2016
for free, where transport and feeding for one week talk of 3 weeks, if my father is Adeleke or Adenuga I for like try but with popsi on pension, bro
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by FrankValency(m): 6:34am On Jul 02, 2016
Adesiji77:
Innovative, especially @ "work for free"
yes o, on point
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by Chiidi(m): 6:37am On Jul 02, 2016
Sounds really absurb working for free... Oh dear pride, leave me alone

1 Like

Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by lisimmo(m): 6:40am On Jul 02, 2016
Good points

But working free? Won't that make your employer pay you peanuts when you eventually start getting paid?

Check my signature for dragnet, workforce etc past questions and answers
Re: Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read by queenfav(f): 6:50am On Jul 02, 2016
FrankValency:
my dear naija need drastic ways to get a job, I just got a job by offering free services for 2 months, and I was recommended by the manager and today, I earn my own salary
Bro,like i said..That's for when you have money to fund it..Its sth i cant do..I dont have anybody in mind that can assist me financially so i have to be realistic.I have to know there is something coming at the end of the month.There are bills to pay o.If i were still a dependent,i can totally work for free.It makes no sense to me using my savings for that.I was paid 10k as a lawyer after i finished service.yes!I prefer that than working for free.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? / Police To Recruit 120,000 Personnel / N-Power Enters Assessment Phase: Press Statement From Office Of Vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.