Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,783 members, 7,798,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Delta People Please Help Me. EDUCATE ME - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta People Please Help Me. EDUCATE ME (1481 Views)

What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch / Yoruba People Please I Need The Lords Prayer Translated: Ejo E Ronmilowo / Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta People Please Help Me. EDUCATE ME by xsey: 7:00pm On Sep 05, 2009
delta people, anyone from that side that can educate on customs, traditions,etc
Re: Delta People Please Help Me. EDUCATE ME by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2009
[size=13pt]First and formost you're welcome to Nairaland Xsey,after i finish reading the thread i toke interest,but honestly need you to be specific in what or which dialect you like gain proper knowledge?.

Waiting you. . . .
[/size]
Re: Delta People Please Help Me. EDUCATE ME by xsey: 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2009
what's their culture like...
Re: Delta People Please Help Me. EDUCATE ME by kunleweb: 11:50pm On Sep 05, 2009
Its just trauma.cmon brova
Re: Delta People Please Help Me. EDUCATE ME by igboboy1(m): 2:18am On Sep 20, 2009
bros no fear probably na just depression which is logical,

no forget say for delta state we get, Urhobo/isoko, itsekiri, Ijaw and igbo,

Since you said she is from aniocha area, she is thus igbo( kwale, anioma, ndokwa and such areas of delta state are all parts of the wider igbo group) and so would most likey have the igbo tradition when it comes to mourning
Re: Delta People Please Help Me. EDUCATE ME by xsey: 7:44am On Sep 20, 2009
thanks igboboy,
i appreciate your contribution.
even the whole igbo culture is not clear to me, well.i Only have an idea of what the tradition is, thanks
Re: Delta People Please Help Me. EDUCATE ME by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2009
[size=13pt]**walk in**
**Walk out**
[/size]
Re: Delta People Please Help Me. EDUCATE ME by igboboy1(m): 12:40am On Sep 22, 2009
xsey:

no problemo, i for tell u more about igbo burial rites and such but me i no know. popsi no too expose me to burials like that (fortunately no immediate family member is dead) and i com grow for warri wey no be igbo area so my knowledge is limited,

there are probably some info online that could be helpful though
Re: Delta People Please Help Me. EDUCATE ME by victor1464(m): 11:22pm On Oct 13, 2014
igboboy1:
bros no fear probably na just depression which is logical,

no forget say for delta state we get, Urhobo/isoko, itsekiri, Ijaw and igbo,

Since you said she is from aniocha area, she is thus igbo( kwale, anioma, ndokwa and such areas of delta state are all parts of the wider igbo group) and so would most likey have the igbo tradition when it comes to mourning
ndokwa/ukwuani is not igbo community..delta has 7major languages which are urobo,ukwuani,ezon,itsekiri,isoko,ika,& igbo(aniocha)...the igbos,ukwuani,& ika forms a socio-cultural group called d anioma people..delta state is made of 7 ethnic nations..
Re: Delta People Please Help Me. EDUCATE ME by victor1464(m): 11:28pm On Oct 13, 2014
xsey:
thanks igboboy,
i appreciate your contribution.
even the whole igbo culture concerning burial differs is not clear to me, well.i have an idea of what the tradition is, thanks
u people always get it wrongly...when u hear som1 say hes kwale,he simply means ukwuani..the ukwuani people of delta state are also know as d ndokwa people..ndokwa/ukwuani..dont get it wrong..kwale is d wrong pronounciation of d word ukwuani..

(1) (Reply)

Which Part Of Your Body Do You Scrub First While Bathing? / Can't We Teach Nigerian Languages On Duolingo? / Alaafin Of Oyo's Young Wife Who Celebrated Her Birthday Is Obviously Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.