Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read (18380 Views)

The Broken Engine Heart - A Love Fiction Inspired By Insomnia / Nigerian Lady In Tears As Her Boyfriend Kneels Down & Proposes To Her(photos) / Nigerian Man In Tears As His Fiancee Dies In Accident Weeks To Their Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
MrJah:

The story is perfect. Don't keep me waiting joor
ok bro. Loading.....before 10pm.
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Tears of A Bleeding Heart – *Episode 16*..
*THE LAST EPISODE IN SEASON1*

#Tears of A Bleeding Heart: Mansa

The tale of the twist and turns in the life of our heroine, Mansa…

His mother froze in shock.

That was when Derek realised he had said too much.

“Derek, what are you saying? I don’t understand you” Mrs Bernard asked once she could talk again.

“Mum, I can explain but one thing I am sure about is that the guy Mansa is with, is an intruder.

I am the father of that child. ” Derek confirmed.

“Derek, how could you?! Do you realize the abomination you have committed?

This can’t be right, it must be a dream” She replied.

Mrs Bernard was acting rather strange.

Much as Derek impregnating Mansa came as a surprise to her, her actions suggested that there was more to it.

“Derek, get out of my room! You make me sick!!

Get out! Get out!!” Mrs Bernard shouted at Derek.

He had no option but to leave the room.
Mrs Bernard was out of control…

“No, I can’t deal with this. It can’t happen. I need to act fast. That baby can’t be born. It won’t happen” She
said to herself.

She picked her phone and called Rita to come to her place immediately.

Asides Rita being an usher, she happened to be a part-time nurse at the same hospital where Elvis had died.

Her involvement with Mrs Bernard was very suspicious.

On the day Rita met Derek and Mansa at the hospital, she had already finished her shift and had changed into casual clothes.

Chris on the other hand was aware that Derek had arrived and was looking for Mansa.

He was determined to find Mansa before he did.

There was a programme at church that evening and everyone expected Obed to be present .

He was the main organist so he had no option. As to whether he’ll come with Mansa or not, nobody knew.

Mrs Bernard and Rita had met to figure out what to do if Obed and Mansa came to Church that evening.

Derek usually was not a fan of going for evening meetings but on that day, he was determined to be there just to see Mansa.

Chris was also getting ready for the programme when he was told by the houseboy that Alice, his pregnant girlfriend, was looking for him.

He had practically forgotten about Alice. His mind was focused on Mansa.

He went to the living room to meet her.
The look on her face when she saw Chris was murderous.

“Mansa, I told you not to come here. Chris said, mistakenly calling Alice Mansa.

That got Alice very irritated.

“What?! You call me Mansa now? Oh I see, you actually have something going with her. I came here the other time to meet her comfortable on your laps and now you’re calling me by her name” Alice retorted.

“Look, how many times do I have to tell you that she is my sister” Chris tried explaining “Sister indeed! We all know she was adopted so don’t tell me that” She said.

“Whatever!” Chris fired back.

“You think you can get me pregnant and get me sick and go away scot free abi?! You must be joking!

For your information, I aborted the pregnancy just like you wanted. You have succeeded in getting rid of the baby. But for getting me sick, get ready for me” Alice said.

Chris knew what she was capable of doing. This was not her first time. He knew Alice to be very possessive and she’d go to any lengths to fight for
what she believed was hers.

“And that Mansa of yours, tell her to beware of me.

You have no idea what a woman scorned can do! ” Alice said and walked out on Chris.

This time, Chris was a little frightened by her words…

However, he ignored her threat.

He quickly finished dressing up right after Alice had left. Without waiting for his Mum or Derek, he headed to church.

Mrs Bernard and Derek followed shortly afterwards.

You could feel the tension in the car as Derek drove his mother to church.

They drove in absolute silence. It was obvious that each of them had their own intention for going to Church.

In no time, they arrived to see that Chris had already gotten there.

Obed and Mansa were nowhere to be found. They had not arrived yet.

Everyone got seated and soon the programme began.

Chris sat three rows behind Derek and Mrs Bernard.

The programme line-up was handed out to all members present, including the Bernard family.

To Derek’s surprise, Mansa was the one to lead prayers as indicated on the programme line-up.

As soon as the praise and worship session ended, they arrived. The church was completely silent as Obed... and Mansa walked in.

Derek’s eyes met Mansa’s. She was looking different that evening.

Mansa... looked extremely beautiful. Everyone couldn’t believe the changes she had undergone.

The long dress she wore fit her perfectly. Her dark skin shone bright as her ponytail showed off her beautiful neck.

Everyone was in love with her beauty and elegance, especially Derek.

Obed had to leave her to go to where the organ and other instrument were. Rita the usher directed Mansa.. to a seat.

She had to sit on a plastic chair cause all the pews were occupied.

It was time for the sermon, and the minister began delivering.

All of a sudden, the service got interrupted by a noise from the back.

It came from Mansa. The plastic chair she sat on had broken, making her fall heavily on her back.

To be continued…

…………. END OF SEASON1
*Watch out for*
*Tears of a Bleeding Heart* _Season2_

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 7:14am On Jul 13, 2016
Tears of A Bleeding Heart – *Episode 16*..
*THE LAST EPISODE IN SEASON1*

#Tears of A Bleeding Heart: Mansa

His mother froze in shock.

That was when Derek realised he had said too much.

“Derek, what are you saying? I don’t understand you” Mrs Bernard asked once she could talk again.

“Mum, I can explain but one thing I am sure about is that the guy Mansa is with, is an intruder.

I am the father of that child. ” Derek confirmed.

“Derek, how could you?! Do you realize the abomination you have committed?

This can’t be right, it must be a dream” She replied.

Mrs Bernard was acting rather strange.

Much as Derek impregnating Mansa came as a surprise to her, her actions suggested that there was more to it.

“Derek, get out of my room! You make me sick!!

Get out! Get out!!” Mrs Bernard shouted at Derek.

He had no option but to leave the room.
Mrs Bernard was out of control…

“No, I can’t deal with this. It can’t happen. I need to act fast. That baby can’t be born. It won’t happen” She
said to herself.

She picked her phone and called Rita to come to her place immediately.

Asides Rita being an usher, she happened to be a part-time nurse at the same hospital where Elvis had died.

Her involvement with Mrs Bernard was very suspicious.

On the day Rita met Derek and Mansa at the hospital, she had already finished her shift and had changed into casual clothes.

Chris on the other hand was aware that Derek had arrived and was looking for Mansa.

He was determined to find Mansa before he did.

There was a programme at church that evening and everyone expected Obed to be present .

He was the main organist so he had no option. As to whether he’ll come with Mansa or not, nobody knew.

Mrs Bernard and Rita had met to figure out what to do if Obed and Mansa came to Church that evening.

Derek usually was not a fan of going for evening meetings but on that day, he was determined to be there just to see Mansa.

Chris was also getting ready for the programme when he was told by the houseboy that Alice, his pregnant girlfriend, was looking for him.

He had practically forgotten about Alice. His mind was focused on Mansa.

He went to the living room to meet her.
The look on her face when she saw Chris was murderous.

“Mansa, I told you not to come here. Chris said, mistakenly calling Alice Mansa.

That got Alice very irritated.

“What?! You call me Mansa now? Oh I see, you actually have something going with her. I came here the other time to meet her comfortable on your laps and now you’re calling me by her name” Alice retorted.

“Look, how many times do I have to tell you that she is my sister” Chris tried explaining “Sister indeed! We all know she was adopted so don’t tell me that” She said.

“Whatever!” Chris fired back.

“You think you can get me pregnant and get me sick and go away scot free abi?! You must be joking!

For your information, I aborted the pregnancy just like you wanted. You have succeeded in getting rid of the baby. But for getting me sick, get ready for me” Alice said.

Chris knew what she was capable of doing. This was not her first time. He knew Alice to be very possessive and she’d go to any lengths to fight for
what she believed was hers.

“And that Mansa of yours, tell her to beware of me.

You have no idea what a woman scorned can do! ” Alice said and walked out on Chris.

This time, Chris was a little frightened by her words…

However, he ignored her threat.

He quickly finished dressing up right after Alice had left. Without waiting for his Mum or Derek, he headed to church.

Mrs Bernard and Derek followed shortly afterwards.

You could feel the tension in the car as Derek drove his mother to church.

They drove in absolute silence. It was obvious that each of them had their own intention for going to Church.

In no time, they arrived to see that Chris had already gotten there.

Obed and Mansa were nowhere to be found. They had not arrived yet.

Everyone got seated and soon the programme began.

Chris sat three rows behind Derek and Mrs Bernard.

The programme line-up was handed out to all members present, including the Bernard family.

To Derek’s surprise, Mansa was the one to lead prayers as indicated on the programme line-up.

As soon as the praise and worship session ended, they arrived. The church was completely silent as Obed... and Mansa walked in.

Derek’s eyes met Mansa’s. She was looking different that evening.

Mansa... looked extremely beautiful. Everyone couldn’t believe the changes she had undergone.

The long dress she wore fit her perfectly. Her dark skin shone bright as her ponytail showed off her beautiful neck.

Everyone was in love with her beauty and elegance, especially Derek.

Obed had to leave her to go to where the organ and other instrument were. Rita the usher directed Mansa.. to a seat.

She had to sit on a plastic chair cause all the pews were occupied.

It was time for the sermon, and the minister began delivering.

It came from Mansa. The plastic chair she sat on had broken, making her fall heavily on her back.

To be continued…

…………. END OF SEASON1
*Watch out for*
*Tears of a Bleeding Heart* _Season2_
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by sashishalom(f): 8:14am On Jul 13, 2016
op this is suspense oh....please oh complete this novel. haba na..just when I decided to start reading a novel on NL again...biko o...chai
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 9:53am On Jul 13, 2016
sashishalom:
op this is suspense oh....please oh complete this novel. haba na..just when I decided to start reading a novel on NL again...biko o...chai
I sure will. It's a suspense to me......anyway, I should drop the next episode today.
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by sashishalom(f): 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2016
Am still waiting oh
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by PamelB(f): 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
Suspense please feed me some more.
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by MrJah(m): 11:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
This kind behaviour will discourage people from reading you next article. U no dey try at all
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by KemiJesus(f): 2:46am On Jul 15, 2016
Wow wow.....very very interesting story!
Op please come and finish this sweet novel oooo... joor!!!
Buh....Op you're good ooo,nice one...kudos!!! This is an award winning novel. Please come and complete it...we are waiting.......
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by stanboy28(m): 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
op don abandon post..mtchs....na wa ooo
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 3:37am On Jul 17, 2016
So sorry guys, I've been quite busy.
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 3:38am On Jul 17, 2016
Tears of A Bleeding Heart – Season II
Episode 1.

A few church members rushed to help her. Obed quickly left the organ and ran to her side. He got there to find that Mansa was seriously bleeding with
blood flowing down her thighs to her legs.

She was rushed to the nearest hospital which happened to be Rita’s workplace.

She was taken straight to the emergency room leaving Chris, Derek, Mrs Bernard and Obed at the OPD.

Rita at that moment was nowhere to be found. As to whether she came with them to the hospital, nobody knew.

The last time anybody set their eyes on her was before the incident at Church. She was the one who showed Mansa to her seat.

Now, Derek had the opportunity he had always wanted, to meet Obed. He walked up to him.

“I want us to talk now ” Derek said.
“I see… And you think this is the appropriate time for the conversation you want to have?

Obed asked.

“Well, we can make it appropriate.” Derek insisted.

“Alright, fair enough” said Obed.
“Good. At the car park, in 5 minutes.” Derek said and left him.

He went to the car park to wait for Obed. In no time, Obed.. showed up.

“I see you are really good with time” Derek said.

“What is it?
Just go on with what you called me here for ” said Obed.

“Ok.

What do you want from Mansa?
Tell me.
When did she even meet you that you claim you are the father of her unborn child? ”

Derek asked him. He was furious.

“I can tell you are really worried about that.” Obed said.

“Yes, because you are liar and a crook.

That unborn baby belongs to me and no other person” Derek answered.

“Meaning you raped her.
I should call the police on you now ” Obed threatened.

Derek hadn’t thought that far.

If he had, he would have realized that admitting responsibility for her pregnancy was enough evidence to put him behind bars for rape.

He got a bit scared.
He wasn’t sure to what extent Obed.. could drag the matter.

Derek knew that if Mansa.. reported the issue, it’d be his end. Obed could tell he was nervous now…

“I see you are scared Derek. But really, how could you do such a thing? Obed asked.

“I am not proud of what I did, I was misled” Derek replied.

“Misled?

How?
By who?
Obed.. asked.

“Its a long story, Obed.” Derek said.

“We have time, don’t we? said Obed...

“I am in love with Mansa.

I know it’s not morally right to be in love with someone who is supposed to be your adopted sister.

My brother Chris knew about it.

He told me that he had spoken to Mansa about my feelings and she had confirmed that she loved me as well.

He told me Mansa wanted to see me that night.

He gave me a handkerchief, which he claimed was from Mansa to me.

Since it was going to be the first time, I wanted to pull a prank on her by wearing a face mask.

The idea was just to scare her a little before revealing myself.

I succeeded in getting her scared… but she started shouting so I placed the handkerchief on her lips to keep her quiet.

Then I took the mask off, only to notice that she was motionless but still breathing.

At that moment, I thought she was also pulling a prank on me because my mask was off. I tried kissing her, she didn’t respond, but I couldn’t help
myself at that point.

My lust had the best of me.

I had intercourse with her without realizing that there was something wrong with her.

It wasn’t until I saw her bleeding while still motionless that I realized she was actually unconscious. I got scared and not knowing what to do, I escaped.

I confided in my brother what happened but he completely ignored me. I had actually raped Mansa without realizing it.”

#..You are Reading: Tears of A Bleeding
Heart – Season II Episode 1

Obed was quiet for a while. He then said “Derek, you acted childishly.”

Back at the OPD, the doctors were done attending to Mansa... Chris had taken a stroll leaving Mrs Bernard alone at to wait for news.

The doctor met her and since she was Mansa’s foster mother, she deemed it necessary to let her know of her condition.

“Doctor, how is my daughter?”
Mrs Bernard asked.

“She is fine but unfortunately she had a miscarriage”

The Doctor said.

“Oh no! Doctor, can I please see her? Mrs Bernard asked.

“Yes, you can.

But she is asleep and I strongly advise that you don’t wake her up”

The Doctor said and left.

Mrs. Bernard quickly called Rita to update her. She showed up in no time and went with Mrs Bernard to the ward were Mansa was.

#You are Reading: Tears of A Bleeding
Heart – Season II Episode 1"

Obed and Derek were still at the car park having their conversation.

Derek was feeling sorry and guilty for his actions. He really wanted to make amends for it.

“Derek, there is something you need to know” Obed said.

“What is it, Obed?
Tell me” Derek pleaded.

“You and Mansa can never ever be together. The harm has already been done, it’s unfortunate.

But you can’t be with her” Obed said.

“Yes, I understand. I know you have feelings for her, that’s why she is with you now” Derek said.

“No, I’m NOT in love with Mansa.

I love her just as I love everyone that’s a child of God. But you can’t be with her” Obed said.

“I’m not sure I get what you’re driving at… Why can’t I be with her?

There should be a way round it”
Derek said.

His feelings were stirred, he was indeed in love with Mansa....

“It’s not what you think, Derek.
Mansa.... is not your foster sister, she is actually your step sister.”

Obed... revealed.

To be continued…

1 Like

Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 11:28am On Jul 18, 2016
Tears of A Bleeding Heart –
Season II Episode 2

The tale of the twist and turns in the life of ou heroine, Mansa…

“Mansa is not your foster sister, she is actually your step sister.” Obed revealed.

Derek was shocked… His head began to spin and he had to lean against his car to support himself!

“What are you saying Obed?
You can’t be serious!” He said.

“You heard me Derek and I’m serious. A lady was actually betrothed to your father before he met your mother.

Your father impregnated that lady but she disappeared when she heard your father was going to get married to your mother,” Obed explained.

“….but how sure are you that that child is the same girl I’m in love with? It can’t be Mansa” Derek countered.

“Your father found her and continued seeing her secretly until she gave birth to Mansa. She was thought to have died during delivery.

Your father couldn’t bring the baby into his home so he personally took her to the orphanage and entrusted her to their care with the hope of later adopting her.”

“Oh no! This is unbelievable! What have I done?! So Mansa... is actually my sister?” Derek asked again.

He wanted to wake up from this nightmare.

“Yes she is. As a matter of fact, she is your older sister” Obed confirmed.

“Does she know about this? Derek asked.

“No Derek, she doesn’t. At least, not yet. And this is going to be our little secret until you’ve made amends” Obed said.

Derek couldn’t believe his ears. Mansa was actually his sister. The girl he had raped and impregnated.

“What an abomination! Will God even forgive me this sin?” Derek asked.

You are Reading: Tears of A Bleeding
Heart – Season II Episode 2

“Of course Derek. If you’d openly admit it and ask for forgiveness, He is a merciful God so yes, He will forgive you” Obed said.

“But how do you know all these things? You are a stranger, how do you know?” Derek asked.

“You ask too many questions. Let’s get back inside. At the right time, you will have all the answers” Obed
said and headed back to the OPD.

Derek followed closely.

Mrs Bernard and Rita were in Mansa’s ward when Derek and Obed got there.

They were watching her as she slept.

Mansa... was having a weird dream.

In her dream, she was walking down the isle with Obed... They were going to the alter to get married.

But there was no one else in the building, not even a pastor to preside over the wedding.

Before Obed could say his vows, an elderly woman Mansa... didn’t recognize came out with a broom and started sweeping the area where they stood.

Mansa... tried stopping her but she got pushed down by the lady. She fell heavily on one side and couldn’t
move her left arm and foot.

That was when Mansa woke up from the sleep. She opened her eyes to see Obed, Derek, Mrs Bernard and Rita standing close to the door.

Obed... rushed to her side when he noticed she was awake. He held her by the hand and asked how she
was feeling.

She attempted to sit up but she couldn’t.

Obed... realized that something was wrong.

“What is it Mansa? Obed asked.
“My legs. I can’t feel them, I can’t feel my legs, Obed...” Mansa cried out.

Heart – Season II Episode 2

Rita quickly rushed out to call the doctor. They were all asked to wait outside the ward while the Doctor
attended to Mansa.

Mrs Bernard was acting awkwardly. She was talking and blaming Obed for Mansa’s misfortune.

“You are the cause of this, Obed or whatever you call yourself. What have you done to my child?!

You should have listened to me. If you had married her, all these wouldn’t have happened. Now, God is punishing both of you for your sins,” Mrs Bernard
said.

“Mum, you can’t be saying things like that, not at times like this” Derek chided.

Before Derek could finish talking, three men came towards them.

They were unknown people.

“Are you Mrs Bernard? One of them asked.

“Yes, how may I help you? she replied.
“We are looking for your son, Derek”, he said.

“I’m the one, who are you? Derek asked.

“I am Inspector Donald from the regional police headquarters. You are under arrest for allegedly assaulting and raping Mansa” said Inspector Donald.

Derek was immediately handcuffed and led away by the policemen.

Mrs Bernard tried pleading with the men but they ignored her.

To be continued.

1 Like

Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 10:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
Season II Episode 3

Mrs Bernard tried pleading with the men but they ignored her and took Derek away.

She got furious again. She claimed that it was Mansa who was framing her son up.

She didn’t care that Obed was there, she just kept ranting.

Soon, Obed had had enough of Mrs Bernard’s tantrums. She was exaggerating too much.

He decided to put her on her toes since he now stood face to face with her and Rita.

“Mrs Bernard, you always amaze me when you talk like this. Perhaps since Riri is here, you can both explain the church’s money you have been paying
into her account” Obed said.

Their faces changed instantly but they were saved by the bell.

The doctor came in at that moment and interrupted their conversation.

“Mrs. Bernard” The Doctor called.
“Yes Doctor, Please how is she? She asked.

“Unfortunately, the new development was quite unpredictable. We didn’t see it coming. But we will do the best that we can.” The Doctor said.

“Doctor, I don’t understand. What exactly are you saying?” Obed interrupted and asked.

“Mansa has a spinal cord problem which has affected her movement. We are still monitoring the situation to see what we can do.” The Doctor said.

“Doc, can I see her now, please? Obed asked.

“Am afraid not, but you can come around tomorrow morning. She should be better by then” The Doctor said and left them.

Heart – Season II Episode 3

Obed’s heart broke when he heard about Mansa’s condition. Mrs Bernard and Rita appeared to be concerned as well but Obed knew he could not trust
them.

“Are you happy now?
You two did a very good job, but always remember that there’s no place for darkness where light prevails” Obed said and walked out on them.

Mrs Bernard and Rita began to fear him. They planned on digging into his personal stuff, to find details on his background and where he came from.

“Rita, I think you should follow that man and find out where he stays. He is on foot so you can catch up with him.

Hurry and follow him, I will meet you up at my house.” Mrs Bernard instructed.

Rita did as she had said but to her surprise, Obed was nowhere to be found. She asked some of her nurse
colleagues but none of them had seen him pass by.

That was very strange because Obed just left herself and Mrs Bernard less than 3 minutes ago. How was it
possible that there was no trace of him?

Rita met Mrs Bernard by her car and told her how that Obed had practically vanished into thin air. Mrs Bernard was also surprised but they decided to let
the matter rest and they both left to their separate houses.

Mrs Bernard then called Chris to work out Derek’s case with their family lawyer.

Obed, on the other hand, went to the police station that evening to check on Derek. It was past visiting hours but somehow the men at the front desk
allowed him to see Derek.

From the look on Derek’s face, you could tell that he had been crying.

Heart – Season II Episode 3

He was surprised to see Obed come alone. If anything, it should have been his mother. However, he was more concerned about how Mansa was
faring.

That was the first question he asked.
“Obed, thanks for coming, how is Mansa doing?

Derek asked.

“She is going to be fine. Her situation is quite complicated but mark my words, she’s going to be fine. Just keep praying for her” Obed advised and assured him.
“Hmmmn, this is all my fault.

I don’t think I’m worthy to come before the Lord, much less ask for forgiveness” Derek said.

“No Derek, God is not that way. He knows like I do that you regret your mistakes. Just talk to him.

Meanwhile, I think you should rather worry about the one who reported the case to the police” Obed said.

“I really don’t know who could have done that. I don’t know the people who Chris may have told.

I don’t trust him much when it comes to keeping secrets”
Derek said.

“What if he was the one?” Obed asked.
” Oh! That’s not possible. I can bet my life on it.

My brother will never do such a thing” Derek said.

“You think so?
Be very careful anyway.
I will do my best to get you out of here in no time.

Just keep praying like I said, everything will be ok” Obed...
assured him and left the station.

Derek was strengthened by Obed’s words. He got on his knees that night and spent some time praying and talking to God.

Early the next Morning, a young lady arrived at the hospital before visiting hours.

She was allowed to see Mansa since she was bringing her breakfast.

Mansa... was awake when she came. She had never set eyes on the lady before.

“Good morning Mansa, my name is Abigail. Your mum asked me to bring your breakfast” she said.

“How do you know my mum?
Mansa... asked.

“I attend the same church with you.
You really don’t know me but I am very good friends with Derek and Chris” she said.

Mansa was very easily convinced. The lady left the food on her bedside table and went away.

Mansa took the basket containing the food, opened it and began eating, forgetting to even pray.

Halfway through the meal, her tummy began rumbling. She was in severe pain.

She shouted for help and that got the attention of the nurses at the station outside her ward.

By the time they arrived, a white foamy substance was coming out of her mouth.

To be continued...

1 Like

Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 10:34pm On Jul 18, 2016
Season II Episode 4

By the time they arrived, a white foamy substance was coming out of her mouth.

It appeared that Mansa had been poisoned.

Her condition was critical. Her pupils were dilated and she was gasping for breath.

Her life was in God’s hand now.

The Doctor soon showed up.
He had been updated on Mansa’s condition.

Obed’s instinct told him that something was wrong with Mansa. He quickly returned to the hospital but was prevented from seeing Mansa until the Doctor had finished attending to her.

Obed... sat down at the OPD and silently prayed. He wasn’t sure what it was but he knew there wasl something wrong.

Chris came to the hospital then to find Obed sitting there. He joined him and asked how Mansa was faring.

“I really don’t know but I learnt the doctor is attending to her at the moment.

Where is your mother ?” Obed asked.
“Off to see Derek”, he answered.

Obed felt it was the right moment to find out from Chris if he really reported his brother to the police so he came up with a trick.

“Chris, how could your brother do such a thing to Mansa...?” Obed said.

” I really don’t know what came over him. I have always done my best as a brother to give him good counsel. I honestly don’t get why he went to that
extreme,” Chris said.

“Well, true.
Whoever reported the issue to the police really did well. Mansa will be so happy to hear that her rapist has been caught” Obed said.

Heart – Season II Episode 4

Foolish Chris!
He couldn’t resist the bait…
He revealed that he was indeed the one who reported the case.

“Actually, I did the reporting.
I can’t afford to keep watching Mansa go through all that pain on account of
my brother.

Justice cannot be tempered with mercy.” said Chris.

“So you actually placed your brother behind bars? I see.

Same brother that stood up and defended you when you were involved in drug issues back in the states.

He pleaded with your late dad to come to your aid even when your father didn’t want to.

I must say, your freedom today is practically courtesy Derek’s effort.

Yet this is how you repay him” Obed
said Chris was frightened by Obed’s words.

“I see Derek has been talking to you a lot.” Chris told Obed...

“Not at all, Chris. I know everything that’s going on”
Obed said.

The entire conversation was creepy.
He was frightened as he kept talking.

Chris excused himself when he couldn’t take it anymore. He walked out of Obed’s presence.

As soon as he stepped out of the hospital, he got a call from Alice.

” I told you not call me anymore,” Chris snapped as soon as he answered.
” …and do you think i want to?

I’m going to make sure you really suffer for what you have caused me, Chris. I have already struck. I’m sure you’ll get some bad news soon.

This is, however, not the end, you will crawl and beg for my mercy”, Alice threatened him.

He was somewhat scared and worried about her threats but he didn’t make it obvious for her to see.

“You can’t do anything to me Alice, I have you at my fingertips. You obey and listen to me. You belong to me and I choose to do whatever I want with you.”
Chris told her.

She laughed out loud and said, “we shall see”; and then she hung up on him.

Heart – Season II Episode 4

Chris needed to be vigilant and alert for whatever Alice was planning.

Mrs Bernard meanwhile had returned to the hospital. She was with Obed waiting for the doctor.

She had hardly spoken a word to Obed since after the confrontation with him.

She stole glances at him every now and then, sizing him up from head to toe from.

She was consumed by anger and fear at the same time.

Finally, the Doctor came out looking downcast and worked up. It seemed something had gone wrong.

Obed rushed to him as the he approached Mrs Bernard.

“Doctor, any good news?” she asked
“It’s unfortunate, we tried all we could but Mansa...………

To be continued…

1 Like

Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 10:35pm On Jul 18, 2016
Don't just read guys, also comment as well. Thanks
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 9:05am On Jul 19, 2016
Season II Episode 5

“Doctor, any good news?”

she asked
“It’s unfortunate, we tried all we could but Mansa is paralyzed.

It will take a miracle for her to walk again.” The Doctor said.

“Oh no my daughter!
God will surely answer my prayers.” Mrs Bernard said.

“He will indeed answer, Mansa will walk again.” Obed said calmly. “Doctor, can we see her now?” he asked.

“Now about that, did any of you serve Mansa with breakfast today?” The Doctor asked.

Obed and Mrs Bernard looked surprised at that question.

“I’m afraid No.
What is it?”
Mrs Bernard asked.
“Can I see you in my office Madam?”

The Doctor asked.

“Yeah sure” answered Mrs Bernard.

She then followed the Doctor to his office. From the Doctor’s question, Obed figured what happened to Mansa... had to do with food poisoning.

He wanted to see Mansa.
Since he knew her ward, he walked that way and snuck into her room without
anyone noticing him.

There she was, lying in her bed, looking up at the ceiling. She was lost in thought.

She knew she has been poisoned and that got her thinking.

Who could have done such a thing to her? What wrong has she done to anyone to be treated like this?

And who really sent that young Abigail girl who claimed that she was from Mrs Bernard.

She knew her foster mother didn’t like her much but even then, she didn’t think she’d go as far as poisoning her.

These were only a few of the questions running through her mind as she laid on her sick bed.

She had no idea she was paralyzed.
The Doctor hadn’t given her that piece of information.

When Obed walked in, she didn’t even notice because she was so lost in thought.

Heart – Season II Episode 5

Even though she couldn’t feel her legs move, she felt a cold touch on her toes.

That distracted her from her thoughts.

She quickly checked to see who it was. It was Obed.

She smiled as she saw him.
Her smile was so beautiful that it got Obed smiling too.

He came close and looked into her eyes.

Mansa... called out his name softly ” Obed”

Obed... placed his finger on her lips, shushing her. He slowly bent his head and kissed her forehead.

“Mansa, you are well” Obed said.
“I know my God will heal me Obed” Mansa said.

“Don’t worry my dear, just pray and thank God.”
Obed said.

He took out a complimentary card from his pocket and gave to Mansa.

“As soon as you get out of here, go to this address”
Obed said.

“For what Obed?
You are acting weird” Mansa said.

She was worried about Obed’s strange attitude.

Mansa was in fact, getting scared.

“I will be right back. Let me check on something.

When I come back, we’ll talk” Obed said with a smile on his face.

“Where are you going, Obed? Mansa asked.

“Don’t worry dear, I will be back. Just close those beautiful eyes of yours and pray” Obed said this and walked out of the ward.

Derek was at the police station, still praying and hoping to get out of jail ASAP.

He felt alone and sad.
He thought he had been rejected by his family. Ever since he was arrested, no one apart from Obed and his mother’s lawyer had come to visit him.

Not even Chris or his own mother.
He felt neglected.

Even though he had not yet been
convicted, he already felt isolated.

His only comfort was in prayer.
It was really the only thing he could do at this point.

Sometime that morning, one of the policemen came by his cell and announced that he was a free man.

Derek was surprised.
He couldn’t believe his ears.

“Who could be behind this?”
He wondered as he put on the shirt he wore when he got arrested.

He walked to the counter and saw Obed there waiting for him.

“Obed, how did you do it?”
Derek asked.

Heart – Season II Episode 5

Obed smiled at him.

“Just get yourself ready,
I’ll wait for you outside”
Obed said and went out.

Derek was given some papers to sign and as soon as he was done, he went out. But Obed was nowhere to
be found.

He looked everywhere and couldn’t find
him.

“Where could he be?
Derek asked himself.

He waited for a while to see if he’d show up but he didn’t.

He had no option but to go.
The first thing that came to his mind was to go and see Mansa at the hospital.

He quickly left the police station.

Back at the hospital,
the Doctor was wrapping up a
lengthy discussion with Mrs Bernard concerning the food poisoning incident that almost cost Mansa her life.

He advised that apart from Mrs Bernard and any other person she recommended, no one would have
the privilege to visit Mansa until she was finally discharged, as precautionary measures.

Mrs Bernard agreed to what the doctor had said and recommended only Rita and Chris.

Apart from them, no one was to be allowed to see Mansa.

Right after their discussion, Mrs Bernard asked to see Mansa briefly.

The Doctor gave her the go ahead and they came out of his office together.

“Mum” Derek called from behind, just as they stepped out of the Doctor’s office.

He had arrived the hospital.

His mother was very surprised to see him.

“Derek, how did you get here?
I was just about to come and see you” Mrs Bernard said.

Derek shook his head and said “I’m here now, how is Mansa...?.

“We are going to see her now.
Meet the Doctor. He is the one taking care of Mansa, Doc this my son Derek”

They shook hands but were interrupted when someone called Derek from behind.

The voice came from Mansa’s ward.

They turned and to their surprise, there was Mansa standing on her two legs in front of the ward.

She looked healthy.

“What’s happening?
This can’t be!

The Doctor said in amazement.

To be continued…

1 Like

Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
Season II Episode 6

“What’s happening?
This can’t be!
The Doctor said in amazement.

“Doc, I’m feeling very well.
It’s as if nothing happened to me” Mansa said.

Derek grabbed her and hugged her so tight she laughed out loud.

“Aww Derek, I miss you too”
Mansa said and chuckled.

“Mansa, please forgive me, forgive me please” Derek said repeatedly.

“What are you saying, Derek?
What have you done that needs forgiveness?”

Mansa.. asked. She had completely dismissed Chris’ allegations, after she
discussed it with Obed and he told her not to believe Chris.

Mrs Bernard just stood there, dazed.

She was completely lost for words.

“Doc, kindly run some tests on her to be sure she’s really alright.”
Mrs Bernard said.

“She looks fine to me but I will surely do that. It’s amazing though… Her spinal cord was totally damaged.

This is really a miracle. Mansa kindly
follow me, Let me run some tests on you” the doctor said and went into the ward with her.

Mrs Bernard was left with Derek at the OPD. She was still speechless and she didn’t look exactly happy.

Derek noticed his mum’s mood.

“Mum, you don’t seem happy about Mansa’s condition…

Why?”
Derek asked her.

“Look, there are a lot of things on my mind now so don’t start.

In fact, don’t!”
Mrs Bernard snapped.

“Oh yes, I see that Mum.
A lot of things on your mind that you even forgot to visit your own son
when he was arrested,”
Derek answered her.

“How dare you talk to me like that! Didn’t I tell you I was getting ready to come there?” Mrs Bernard said angrily.

Meanwhile Chris was on his way to see his girlfriend Alice. He knew that if he didn’t do something about the situation with her, she could end up doing
something that he may not be able to handle.

Heart – Season II Episode 6

He got to her place, knocked the door severally until she finally opened.

She was surprised to see him there.

“So you finally decided to show up” Alice said.

“Can you please let me enter so we can talk” Chris pleaded with her.

“I see. I never knew you could be this sober. Come in” Alice said and left him by the door.

Chris followed up to her room and sat on the nearest sofa he could find.

It was his plan to manipulate Alice into siding with him, and then he could offer to pay her off.

“Yes, what brings you here?
I don’t have much time on my side” Alice said.

Chris stood up from his chair, went to where she was sitting and knelt down before her.

Alice had never seen this side of Chris before. She was amused.

Somehow his actions touched her but
she was determined to remain difficult.

Anytime she thought about what Chris had done to her, she was filled with hatred and anger.

“Alice, I’m really sorry about all that’s happened. I know what I have done to your health and life is irreparable but please give me the chance to take
care of you” Chris begged her.

“Its amazing that you are here begging for my forgiveness. I suppose you are doing this because of Mansa’s... condition” Alice said.

“What has Mansa got to do with this? Chris asked.

“Oh, so that girl still survived. I see” Alice said.

“Survived what?
What are you talking about?
Chris asked.

From the way Alice spoke, it was obvious that she had something to do with that food poisoning.

Chris however didn’t push it.

“Anyway, how do you intend to care for me when you can’t erase the deadly disease you have given me?”
Alice said.

“Just ask for anything and it will be granted.” Chris proposed.

Meanwhile, back at the hospital, Derek was with his mother waiting on the doctor.

Mrs Bernard had a phone call and excused herself from where Derek was sitting.

*On Phone…..

Caller: “Mrs Bernard, I have been waiting for you for a while now and you are still not here.”

Mrs Bernard: “I’m at the hospital. Look, it seems Mansa... is back on her feet. She was standing and looking very healthy when I got here”

Caller: “Are you sure about this?”

Mrs Bernard: “You can come and see for yourself.”

Caller: “Ok. But Mrs Bernard, that does not change anything. You still need to pay me for what I did.”

Mrs Bernard: “Look girl, as far as I’m concerned, things have not gone as planned. You need to hold on with the payment.”

Caller: “No no, that was not the agreement. I need my money now or I will talk.”

Mrs Bernard got very angry with the caller.

Mrs Bernard: “Are you threatening me?
You must be out of your mind!
Don’t forget your place young lady.”

Caller: “Madam, I am not joking.
Call it a threat or whatever, I need my money within the next 48hours.”

The caller said that and hanged up.

“I can’t believe this.
Look at this one too, threatening me?!”

Mrs Bernard muttered as she went back into the hospital.

Just as she got to the OPD, the doctor was returning from the ward with Mansa.

Mansa’s face was covered with smiles as she walked back with the doctor.

“Mrs Bernard, this is really a miracle.

Nothing seems to be wrong with Mansa now apart from the miscarriage she had.

However, some results are not yet in” the doctor said.

“Doc, can I please go home now” Mansa asked.

“No, you must stay till at least all the results are in”

Mrs Bernard said.

“Well honestly, I don’t think there’s be a problem with her going home now. I don’t know why I should keep her.

She is fine and free to go home” the
doctor declared and left them to his office.

Mrs Bernard was so not happy about this development.

“Where is Obed? Mansa asked.

“I’m looking for him as well.
Ever since he came to the police station to see to my bail, I have not set
eyes on him” Derek said.

“Are you saying Obed was behind your release?” Mrs Bernard asked.

“What’s going on here?
Derek, were you arrested?
Mansa asked.

“Don’t worry, there is a lot to talk about when we get home.” Derek said.

“Alright, if you say so.
But I think I know where to find him.
He gave me an address this morning.
I think he might be there.

You guys should go ahead, I will go find him and return with him to the house”
Mansa said “Fair enough.

Let Derek put you in a cab and then we
can leave.” Mrs Bernard said and left to wait for Derek in their car.

Mansa got in a cab and gave the address to the driver since she didn’t really know where she was going.

Thankfully, it was an address the driver was familiar with and soon she arrived the place. It was a huge building made up of various offices.

Mansa entered the building which seemed to be very busy. The place had all kinds of people walking up and down dressed in corporate outfits.

She walked up to the lady at the front desk and handed over the card Obed gave her.

The lady looked at the card and made a phone call.

*Receptionist: “Hello ma. Someone is here to you see you”

Unknown person: “Who is that?

The receptionist asked Mansa for her name and she answered.

Receptionist: “Her name is Mansa ”

Unknown person: “Let her come in.”

The receptionist hung and directed Mansa to the office.

When she got to the office, she knocked and entered.

All along, Mansa thought she was coming to meet Obed..
To her surprise, it was an elderly yet elegant woman who was busy working on some documents.

“Good day madam” Mansa greeted.
“Yes, how may I help you? ” the woman asked.

“My name is Mansa.
I’m actually looking for Obed.

He gave me this address to come here,” Mansa said.

The woman immediately stopped what she was doing and looked at Mansa’s face carefully.

“Excuse me, what did you say your name was? She asked again

“Mansa, Madam” Mansa answered.
“…and Obed gave you my address?” she asked.

“Yes Madam,” Mansa... said.

The woman quickly stood up from her chair, walked up to Mansa and embraced her with tears in her eyes.
“Oh my God!!!”

To be continued…

2 Likes

Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 8:02pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by MrJah(m): 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2016
Bro ride on na. I go call police for you.o
Which kind thing be this? Eeeh
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2016
MrJah:
Bro ride on na. I go call police for you.o
Which kind thing be this? Eeoeh
lol....where do you think this is heading to ?
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
Just few comments then I'll continue......I hope I'm not asking too much ?
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by mercytripletz: 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2016
oh my God.. the story is just so perfect, so awesome, so great!! one of the best stories I ever read. Writer, u re great!!!! . Thumbs Up Man

1 Like

Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2016
mercytripletz:
oh my God.. the story is just so perfect, so awesome, so great!!
one of the best stories I ever read.
Writer, u re great!!!!
Thumbs Up Man
thanks dear.
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by sashishalom(f): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2016
Op biko continue na....av been following this story since 1900AD...
WE ARE WAITING OH
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2016
sashishalom:
Op biko continue na....av been following this story since 1900AD...

WE ARE WAITING OH
thanks Dear, waiting for more comments then I'll continue.
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by adeseun22(m): 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
nice story, like a Bollywood moving. update o pls
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
Please continue!!!
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by Hennyhorlah(f): 8:02pm On Jul 20, 2016
Seedgreen,make u pls continue nah.we dey enjoy am
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by boboyi247(m): 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2016
this is a master piece
pls dont spoil the fun by
making us wait too long @ seedgreen
this waiting is killing me
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by Rukkydelta(f): 10:15pm On Jul 20, 2016
Nice one
Re: Tears Of A Bleeding Heart....a Must Read by seedgreen(m): 10:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
Season II Episode 7

“Oh my God, you have finally brought my daughter to me!” the woman said embracing Mansa with tears in her eyes.

Mansa had no idea what was going on.
“Mansa, look how you’ve grown so big and beautiful…
I’ve always been longing for this day” the lady said.
Mansa was totally confused.
“Madam, I don’t understand what you’re saying,” She
finally said.
“I know, my daughter. I know it’ll be hard for you to
take in. Sit down Mansa and let’s talk,” the woman
said and they both sat down.
“Mansa, you are not an orphan. I am your biological
mother. My name is Mabel Lokko and I’m the CEO of
Lokko farms Ltd,” she said.
“I don’t understand, madam. I was told back at the
orphanage that my mother died during my delivery,”
Mansa said.
“Yes, I know. That was the only way to keep me away
from your foster mother. Your father took me far
away, to a place where no one knew me. He
promised to come back and be with me but he never
showed up again. He took you away from me
because he wanted to be close to you. Besides, you
were the only child he had back then so he cherished
you very much. I didn’t like how he went about things
but I didn’t have the ability to trace him or you until
Obed showed up” Mrs Lokko revealed.
Mansa still looked confused. She had a lot of
questions running through her mind. It was difficult
for her to keep up and put the pieces together .

Heart – Season II Episode 7

“Where is my father now? And how is my foster
mother connected to my father?” Mansa asked.
“Your father is late and Mrs Bernard who happens to
be your foster mother is actually your step mother ”
She revealed.
“Are you saying that Mr Bernard the pastor is actually
my father? “Mansa asked.
“Yes, he is” Said Mrs Lokko
Meanwhile, Chris was still pleading with Alice. He
told her to ask anything she wanted and he would
grant it.
Alice knew this was a good opportunity for her. The
moment she had been waiting for.
“Marry me within the next 3 weeks” Alice said.
Marriage? That was the last thing Chris ever thought
of. He was not ready to settle down with Alice or
anyone. As a matter of fact, he didn’t consider
himself the committed type. Marriage was just a no-
go area for him. It was simply
impossible.

“Come on Alice, you know we both are not ready for
this,” Chris said.
“Speak for yourself. I am ready,” Alice retorted.
“Marriage is a major decision, please re-consider,
please” Chris pleaded.
“Look, I’m not in the mood for re-consideration. I
thought you said I should ask for anything I wanted”
Alice said, reminding Chris of what he had told her
earlier.
“I know, but Marriage is out of the question for now,
Alice” Chris said.
He was not ready to grant that offer. She noticed it
and remained quiet for a while as Chris kept
pleading with her.
She finally arrived at something.
“Ok, fine. Since you are not as responsible as I
thought, I have another request and I’m not going to
change my mind on that one” She said.
“What is it? tell me” Chris asked
“I need you to pay N5,000,000 into my account by
the end of this week. No more, no less. That’s the
only way you can compensate me and pay me off for
good,” Alice said.
That amount was quite huge for Chris but he had no
choice but to raise it for Alice.
The only way he could think of was to go back to his
old trade. The same one that got him arrested in the
states… Buying and selling of drugs. It was what got
him arrested and thrown in jail until Derek and his
father came to his aid.
He quickly made a phone call to one of his gang
members to hook him up with some drugs to sell.

Heart – Season II Episode 7

Mrs Bernard needed to update Rita on Mansa being discharged and they needed to come up with the
next course of action. She called Rita to come over to
her house so they could talk about it.

Derek, on the other hand, was wondering how he
was going to confess to Mansa when she came back.
He was walking around the compound of the house
when he saw Rita come in.

Rita didn’t see him.
She just went straight to the door
leading to the living room and entered.
Mrs Bernard quickly started the discussion.
Mrs Bernard: “Look, I’m really sorry about what
happened earlier. I was frustrated. I promise I’m
going to give you half of the money this evening”

Rita: “That’s ok by me
Mrs Bernard: “But hey, you are so unpredictable.
How come you didn’t tell me you planned to poison
Mansa.”
Rita: “What are you talking about? I did no such
thing.”
Mrs Bernard: “Are you sure?
Rita: ” Yes, that would be too extreme ”
Mrs Bernard: “Then I guess we are not her only
enemies. However, looks like our plans failed. Mansa
is well and fit again and even walking, despite all the
injections you gave her. We need to figure out our
next plan of action. ”
“Mum! What?! You?
How could you?!!”

Rita froze and Mrs Bernard panicked as she heard
that voice, it came from the back door. She turned
around to find Derek starring at them.

To be continued…

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adamawa Police Ban Beach Party, Threaten To Arrest Sponsors (pix) / Here Is My Hausa Girlfriend (picture) : Let's See Your Girlfriend / How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.