Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,521 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Airtel Ng And Their E-job Scam - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Airtel Ng And Their E-job Scam (390 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Ng And Their E-job Scam by IME1: 2:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
hi NLers,
help
this is a serious SOS
that is preventing me from evening looking at my phone or checking my airtel account balance.
On Sunday i bought N500 airtel credit in a bus park since i was embarking on a trip.
i loaded it and it was successful. i now had a balance of about N508 thereabout.
between Sunday and Monday i kept receiving e-job 'flash' messages (not even proper sms)
that i kept ignoring them as i was not interested, the jobs were not in my area and I DID NOT SUBSCRIBE FOR E-JOB ALERTS.
By Tuesday i sent a text and received an airtel notification that my text was sent at N4 and my balance is now N124!!!
i was livid! i called customer care immediately and they told me i had subscribed for e-job alerts!
i told them i did no such thing because:
-i have a job to God's glory
-i have worked for a number of years
-my phone is not touch screen so they is no question of if i mistakenly subscribed
the customer care agent gave many gibberish excuses and told me she would unsubscribe from their centre and gave me a format and a number to text to also unsubscribe.
i did still wondering how i would get my over N330 credit e-job alerts had taken.
By Wednesday i still got the alerts and kept checking my credit balance.
to my chagrin i kept watching N30 being taken away with each passing text which were coming in bulk.
i called the customer care line 3 different times, spoke to different people and insisted on speaking with their supervisor which i finally did.
none of the conversations i had with them yielded anything positive.
i was told my credit would not be refunded and i will have to wait for 12 hours before i am removed from the e-job subscription! by then i had N34. after raked for them. i cut the call and got the next e-job alert which also took the last N30!

Nlers i wish to pursue this matter because:
-what is the guarantee that if i re-charge my phone i will not be debited again
-why should my money go? if i had loaded N1000 or more is that how i would have lost my money
-if i had only one line would i have been stranded for the irresponsibility of airtel and overzealous service providers
-i am not the only one that has experienced this
-i did not subscribe why should i be automatically made to pay for what i dd not ask for

I would post this in every possible thread until it gets the attention of airtel.
if anyone know how i can reach NCC to complain pls tell
is there any other way i can get justice
is NCC the only regulatory body
how do i get a more authoritative airtel staff to address this matter?

Help oh... because sadly i have had this line since Econet (2003)
imagine how they are treating such a long time customer.

AIRTEL SCAM ALERT

(1) (Reply)

#askconceptnova|frequently Asked Questions On C-PROTECT / Solar-powered Machine Turns Urine Into Drinkable Water And Beer / Information And Cyber Security Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.