Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Universities Shut Till January 2010 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities Shut Till January 2010 (5295 Views)

FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October / Operation ASUU Must Not Call It Off!! Till January!! **sign The Petition!!!!!!!! / Anambra University Shut Over Killing Of Female Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Universities Shut Till January 2010 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2009
FG Says no more talks till January next year and ASUU wants their demands met before considering strike call off. It will be in the News and papers soon.
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2009
only in naija
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by Dclique(m): 9:59pm On Sep 05, 2009
Fat Lie.
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by cosmaths(m): 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2009
@Dclique d lie is not only fat but ROBUST AS in THICK
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 05, 2009
cosmaths:

@Dclique d lie is not only fat but ROBUST AS in THICK

LMAO
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2009
@dclique and co
its normal to encourage yourself in these trying times. Watchout 4 the source soon.
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by MrCrackles(m): 11:03pm On Sep 05, 2009
Jokes. . . .
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by tfezify: 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2009
babaearly:

FG Says no more talks till January next year and ASUU wants their demands met before considering strike call off. It will be in the News and papers soon.

why not paste the source of ur info? , ooops, sorry i forgot, ''hear says'' dont have sources, cus they're what they are; rumours
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by philio(f): 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2009
wahooooo!!! you are now the middle between ASUU and FG, babaearly so you hear what niether ASUU nor FG says, my guy U must be an EVIL SPIRIT grin
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by odinakachi(m): 11:39pm On Sep 05, 2009
Turelly, you are an EVIL SPIRIT !!!
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by Dclique(m): 11:54pm On Sep 05, 2009
@poster, Though am tempted to move this thread or lock it but am going to leave it so at the end we all will see that you are a joker.
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by otokx(m): 4:18am On Sep 06, 2009
Looking at the trends; am bold to say that this strike can end in SEPTEMBER but OCTOBER looks more the likely.
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by chrisical(m): 2:25pm On Sep 06, 2009
Iro nla
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by chrisical(m): 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2009
odinakachi:

Turelly, you are an EVIL SPIRIT !!!
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by Bestglo(f): 9:27am On Sep 07, 2009
philio:

wahooooo!!! you are now the middle between ASUU and FG, babaearly so you hear what niether ASUU nor FG says, my guy U must be an EVIL SPIRIT grin

I laugh
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by bighead1(m): 11:45am On Sep 07, 2009
AAAARRRRREEEEE TTTTTHHHHHEEEEEYYYYY CCCCRRRRAAAAZZZZYYYY shocked
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by sollie: 2:25pm On Sep 07, 2009
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by osix(m): 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2009
God na life be dis.
staying @ since
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by TheSeeker(m): 5:21am On Sep 09, 2009
It's a shame that some students are clamoring that they resume when they don't have an iota of idea about what ASUU is fighting for. Let them resume without their demands met and see your tuition fees ricochet to =N= 150,000 if not even more. I wonder why you all go to school, and worse call yourselves students.

PS: If you're going to attack me, best come up with an outlined detail of what ASUU is fighting for, of course except the obvious -- salary increment. You had better get on your knees and pray their demands are met or some of you making lousy noises will end being dropouts or better still, paying your fees through your nose or with your blood. angry
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by opad(m): 8:19am On Sep 09, 2009
Its obvious u are out of school, or maybe you went to a Private uni, so u dont understand the frustration, desperation of students, ive been in my Final semester since Oct last year, both ASUU and FG are very stupid, most of their rumblins are 4 their material gains likewise d FG, why cant the FG inject N100b in d education sector, cos Education is not priority of the FG, those dat knw either sends their kids to private of overseas. Imagine the stupid FG/ASUU pausing my career from October last year till now, my colleagues we gained admission same year in the private univ would pass out of Camp soon. So anyway or anyhow they must resume as soon as possible.
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 09, 2009
opad:

Its obvious u are out of school, or maybe you went to a Private uni, so u dont understand the frustration, desperation of students, ive been in my Final semester since Oct last year, both ASUU and FG are very stupid, most of their rumblins are 4 their material gains likewise d FG, why cant the FG inject N100b in d education sector, cos Education is not priority of the FG, those dat knw either sends their kids to private of overseas. Imagine the stupid FG/ASUU pausing my career from October last year till now, my colleagues we gained admission same year in the private univ would pass out of Camp soon. So anyway or anyhow they must resume as soon as possible.

u don't know what taking one's destiny by oneself means?
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by TheSeeker(m): 9:41am On Sep 09, 2009
opad:

You're in your final semester. Please, can you see past your selfishness and consider there are people in their first semester and that there are students who will be resuming in the future? Yes, you might say they are fighting for material gains but sure it's for the good of the general student populace. Look at where universities are left to generate funds to pay their own staff and provide other infrastructures and see how tuition fees will be increased in just more than geometric progression. You're all desperate but you don't know the implication of resuming without having everything solved right now. Beats my imagination how you all ended up in school when you don't even have an idea of what's going on within the university system.
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by afolabiem(m): 11:33am On Sep 09, 2009
This one baffle me ooo , Ha
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by Oluschenco(m): 11:40am On Sep 09, 2009
In that case, the law officials should stop disturbing yahoo-yahoo boys, and let the hook off Prostitutes' neck
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by horseballs(m): 11:47am On Sep 09, 2009
@ Theseeker, dude! u hv to be realistic angry i am also in my final semester and believe me it's not such a cool thing seeing ur friends in other universities go to camp while ASUU and FG are holding you captive. its not selfishness, its being human. undecided
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by afolabiem(m): 11:47am On Sep 09, 2009
@olushenco , you don talk well my broda
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by denony(m): 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2009
this morning i heard a lecturer saying he is now working as AGBERO in a garage
and that he will remain an AGBERO until FG accept their terms. He said some has joined
conductor work and all that. New talents been discovered. cheesy

He has now realised his real talent grin

Now Girls show ur talents
Boys oya show your talents

NAIJA LOWA
KILO NSHELA
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by TheSeeker(m): 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2009
horseballs:

@ Theseeker, dude! u hv to be realistic angry i am also in my final semester and believe me it's not such a cool thing seeing your friends in other universities go to camp while ASUU and FG are holding you captive. its not selfishness, its being human. undecided
I'm being realistic. You only need to understand what this is all about. I'm not saying it's a good thing after all I know how education is out here way better than Nigeria, but the fact remains if there is going to be sanity in Nigerian universities these issues need to be agreed upon once and for all. For good things to happen, some people have to bear the sacrifice. For the future generations to enjoy a saner education some have to pay the price and you're one of those people; it's so funny that people don't want to bear any cost these days for growth.

Your friends may be finishing from other schools but remember like you said, those are private schools and they don't have anything to do with you at all or you should have chosen to go to a private university. How would you feel in the next 2 years they tell you your brother has to pay 150K as tuition? It'll feel good? You need to be realistic too. You're just trying to shy away from what the truth is.

Do you know how long this issues with FG has been going on? It's been a long time coming. These issues need be tackled and someone has to do it. Past ASUU leaders have failed and this one wants to do it right, support them and stop crying foul. Blame it all on the FG, ASUU has nothing to do with this.
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by chukxy44(m): 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2009
FG dis, ASUU dat. are u people not tired of leaving ur destiny and ur future in the hands of this people. Ok fine even if it is true wat do uintend to do about it. Spend the remaing months of the year typing, posting and commenting. forget it since we can do anytin about it lets just pray it is not true cose we only bark on NL no actions students.
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by otokx(m): 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2009
Those that want to should pray and ask God to touch Yar Adua so that he can sign the agreement fast following which the universities will reopen.
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by greateliso(m): 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2009
this is serious
Re: Universities Shut Till January 2010 by donclemo(m): 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2009
I know no why some people like play too much guy u don pass 12 years oh behave . na every where u go for dey show ur self. Anyway congratulations u have just been automatically nominated for the top10 liers in nairaland. nairaland what do you think does this guy have what it takes to be the best lier in nairaland?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brief History Of Western Education In Nigeria / The lost days in the September 1752 calendar... What actually happened. / Project Topic For Biology Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.