Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,433 members, 7,781,267 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:30 AM

A Female Oau Sug President - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Female Oau Sug President (2901 Views)

OAU SUG Vice President Crying After Fight Involving Union Members (pictures) / A Male And Female OAU Students Die (Photos) / Female OAU Students Climb Mast To Celebrate Their Graduation(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 8:39pm On Jun 30, 2016
I was having an argument with my colleagues and we were talking about the SUG oau chapter. the fact that we have had no female SUG president. I raised this question "if we were to have a female vying for that post,will they vote her in?"I won't share their comments but it was pretty negative. I mean there should be no reason why a female can't be our President, things might even be better in her tenure.
So a female SUG President " nay or yay?" comment!!! cool
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Tolexander: 9:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
SWITANN:
I was having an argument with my colleagues and we were talking about the SUG oau chapter. the fact that we have had no female SUG president. I raised this question "if we were to have a female vying for that post,will they vote her in?"I won't share their comments but it was pretty negative. I mean there should be no reason why a female can't be our President, things might even be better in her tenure.
So a female SUG President " nay or yay?" comment!!! cool
A female once contested for the post, Agenda Mama.

If I can still vividly recollect, In 2008/2009 session, she contested against Prof(Alaje), Goddey ....

1 Like

Re: A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
so u would vote for one nice
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Tolexander: 9:09am On Jul 01, 2016
SWITANN:
so u would vote for one nice
I never voted for her. She had considerable vote anyway!

You are planning to contest?
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 12:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
Tolexander:
I never voted for her. She had considerable vote anyway!

You are planning to contest?

still a freshman but you never can tell the future....
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Tolexander: 2:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
SWITANN:

still a freshman but you never can tell the future....
OK. A stitch in time saves nine!

But the school hasn't restored your Students Union. Before you get to your final, hopefully the school would have restored it.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
Female?. Well.. I doubt if a female will be able to handle the aluta spirit of a whole oau?...a male sef is their... Hin get plenty enemies talkless of female?

Mind you, am not totally disputing the fact oo.. But i doubt
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 3:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
Subtlelad:
Female?. Well.. I doubt if a female will be able to handle the aluta spirit of a whole oau?...a male sef is their... Hin get plenty enemies talkless of female?

does a SUG female President have more enemies than a female President of a country or a female governor of a state. even as ordinary people we have enemies,and as per d aluta spirit what a man can do a woman can do even much better.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Fynestboi: 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
Let me pitch my tent here.

grin
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
what do u have to say...
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 01, 2016
SWITANN:

does a SUG female President have more enemies than a female President of a country or a female governor of a state. even as ordinary people we have enemies,and as per d aluta spirit what a man can do a woman can do even much better.

Dear, those are theories, those doesnt apply in reality, you think its easy to become a female sug boss just like that, and even if she does, the pressure surrounding it, can she handle it?. Facts are that if such lady contested, her fellow females might not vote for her, jealousy won't let you... Some of yoo prefer a male to rule you, and males too,, we dont like a female to be 'bossing' over us.
Hope you get what am trying to say....if its gonna work, maybe not this present oau.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
Subtlelad:

Dear, those are theories, those doesnt apply in reality, you think its easy to become a female sug boss just like that, and even if she does, the pressure surrounding it, can she handle it?. Facts are that if such lady contested, her fellow females might not vote for her, jealousy won't let you... Some of yoo prefer a male to rule you, and males too,, we dont like a female to be 'bossing' over us.
Hope you get what am trying to say....if its gonna work, maybe not this present oau.

you sound too ignorant OK. all what you said are just excuses,u talk about pressure. so a male can handle more pressure than a female? would one go into something either male or female if he/she don't gat their friends behind them,that believe in them? one would say females are soft and cannot handle the tenacity of d job,females are the strongest gender in this world. they may seem soft or weak in appearance, but their will is as strong as anything. if u ask me,I'd say the Presidential seat is more suitable to the female gender. wink
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
SWITANN:

you sound too ignorant OK. all what you said are just excuses,u talk about pressure. so a male can handle more pressure than a female? would one go into something either male or female if he/she don't gat their friends behind them,that believe in them? one would say females are soft and cannot handle the tenacity of d job,females are the strongest gender in this world. they may seem soft or weak in appearance, but their will is as strong as anything. if u ask me,I'd say the Presidential seat is more suitable to the female gender. wink

No point in this argument self cause you'v failed to see the point am projecting rather you enacting another silly point. You said am ignorant. Wawww.. Thumbs up...but do you know you are more ignorant... A female can never be seated as the president of this country, saying this With much emphasis. Many factors i cant waste my time on writing here. Guess you'r of those advocating gender equality or whatever which am sure nass will keep on debilitating on and never passed

Guess you'r still a freshman. You just chill and observe the politics of the sug before concluding how they run things at the upper level

BTW. I like this your argument o, which dept is it my lady grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
Subtlelad:

No point in this argument self cause you'v failed to see the point am projecting rather you enacting another silly point. You said am ignorant. Wawww.. Thumbs up...but do you know you are more ignorant... A female can never be seated as the president of this country, saying this With much emphasis. Many factors i cant waste my time on writing here. Guess you'r of those advocating gender equality or whatever which am sure nass will keep on debilitating on and never passed

Guess you'r still a freshman. You just chill and observe the politics of the sug before concluding how they run things at the upper level

I see your point,its just that it doesn't have any solid basis. thank God you said in this country, cos we are as backwards in politics as we are in our thinking, a country so religious and backwards. have we tried giving a woman a chance in power ? let's not stray from d real topic here which is the SUG presidential post,I accept the fact that we haven't had any female SUG President in the past and if one was to contest it wouldn't be easy for her. the real question here op is if one was to come out and prove u wrong in all areas you deemed a woman deficient to contest for d post, and she comes out to contest for the post would u vote for her?
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
SWITANN:

I see your point,its just that it doesn't have any solid basis. thank God you said in this country, cos we are as backwards in politics as we are in our thinking, a country so religious and backwards. have we tried giving a woman a chance in power ? let's not stray from d real topic here which is the SUG presidential post,I accept the fact that we haven't had any female SUG President in the past and if one was to contest it wouldn't be easy for her. the real question here op is if one was to come out and prove u wrong in all areas you deemed a woman deficient to contest for d post, and she comes out to contest for the post would u vote for her?

Now, you're getting it, well, i'd vote for her if it were to be you... grin.. Dont mind me, i would on a serious note, but remember.. Am only one person outta over 17 0 million people, i can only influence my family members to do so, and i remember a female contested for presido in the prev. Election under kowa i think, but the vote she had was meager compared to his male counter part from other party.

Dear, Nigeria isnt smiling to herself right from independence in terms of female leadership, we just have to pray and hope we get their one day

You are still yet to tell me your dept o
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Subtlelad:

Now, you're getting it, well, i'd vote for her if it were to be you... grin.. Dont mind me, i would on a serious note, but remember.. Am only one person outta over 17 0 million people, i can only influence my family members to do so, and i remember a female contested for presido in the prev. Election under kowa i think, but the vote she had was meager compared to his male counter part from other party.

Dear, Nigeria isnt smiling to herself right from independence in terms of female leadership, we just have to pray and hope we get their one day

You are still yet to tell me your dept o

the prestigious department of PSYCHOLOGY..
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
SWITANN:

the prestigious department of PSYCHOLOGY..

Psychology.. Woww,..cool, cool
Well, might see you around one day
Modified: am in bch anyway. Biochem
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
Subtlelad:

Psychology.. Woww,..cool, cool
Well, might see you around one day
Modified: am in bch anyway. Biochem

send your contact,need your help on something.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
SWITANN:

send your contact,need your help on something.

Should i Pm it to you or type it here..
Modified: have sent you a pm on your mail, reply if you've seen it.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Tolexander: 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
Subtlelad:

Ibikunle and Olori era (President and vice President respectively), Olori seemed to be more active and was in control. She even lead most of the aluta.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
Subtlelad:

Should i Pm it to you or type it here..
Modified: have sent you a pm on your mail, reply if you've seen it.

send it here

send it hete
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
SWITANN:

send it here

send it hete

05. Kindly reply to this post so i can know you got
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
Subtlelad:

09093462375. Kindly reply to this post so i can know you got

I got it.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by ssuccess(m): 7:07am On Jul 02, 2016
Subtlelad:

Hi Bro, sorry if I seem a bit intrusive. the lady in question pissed me off when she used the 'ignorant ' tag on you. However, you made a prophecy that sounds archaic, why would a female never be the President of this country? utterances like this is what pushes us to 5th world, not just Third World. Haba! Only if you could give logical reasons for this assertions, and not throw in the,'holy books'.
As for Switann, if you intend to be SUG President, please pedal on. show the world what you've got that they need, and they'll come chasing after you.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by ssuccess(m): 7:14am On Jul 02, 2016
My advise is this: build your psychological CV for the post of President starting from your immediate course-mates, make them need you, then your Department's Student Association, if you could take your house, you can rule the clan.

Please even dating mannerisms matter, how you handle your relationship, how often you breakup. Avoid unnecessary fracas with the security people.
Bae, I wish you make it huh.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 7:16am On Jul 02, 2016
thank you ssuccess. grin
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by ssuccess(m): 8:55am On Jul 02, 2016
SWITANN:
thank you ssuccess. grin
Please don't mention. Have you guys resumed school activities ?
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 02, 2016
ssuccess:

Hi Bro, sorry if I seem a bit intrusive. the lady in question pissed me off when she used the 'ignorant ' tag on you. However, you made a prophecy that sounds archaic, why would a female never be the President of this country? utterances like this is what pushes us to 5th world, not just Third World. Haba! Only if you could give logical reasons for this assertions, and not throw in the,'holy books'.
As for Switann, if you intend to be SUG President, please pedal on. show the world what you've got that they need, and they'll come chasing after you.

Logical reasons? I have my reasons for saying that which i deemed it fit to not write here because we all are opine to our reasons. And actually.. In your conclusion, ww both are saying the same team. Give us strong reasons, and voila...yhe masses will reason with you. Have a lovely weekend

1 Like

Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Ayindesegun10(m): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2016
SWITANN:
thank you ssuccess. grin
Sorry, do you know Dr. Ayinde in your Department?
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ayindesegun10:
Sorry, do you know Dr. Ayinde in your Department?

I think I've heard the name before from the executives but I haven't had the pleasure of meeting any lecturer.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
ssuccess:

Please don't mention. Have you guys resumed school activities ?

nope
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by biolaowo(m): 4:45pm On Jul 02, 2016
After 5yrs in OAU I believe It will be very difficult for a lady to win.. but if she wins she can do it....It is about personality not Gender

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Best State Universities In Nigeria To Study In 2020 Academic Session / First Time Of Seeing A Ghost.... / Lasu School Of Part Time Studies Admission List Is Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.