Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. (12411 Views)

Dino Melaye's Constituents Protest To INEC Office, Demand His Recall (Photos) / Edo 2016: INEC Says Won’t Accept Makarfi, Sheriff’s Candidates Except / Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff’s Candidates In Edo, Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by Fmartin(m): 10:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
BREAKING!
Court to INEC: Recognize Sheriff’s candidates in Edo, Ondo
A Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday restrained the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) from accepting list of candidates for the governorship elections in Edo and Ondo from other leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) except from the Ali Modu Sheriff-led National Working Committee (NWC).

Justice Okon Abang in a ruling also granted an order of interlocutory injunction restraining INEC, the PDP and their agents from dealing with or according any facility required by law (regarding the gubernatorial elections to be conducted by INEC in Edo and Ondo states) to any other persons or group other than the Sheriff, Prof. Wale Oladipo and Fatai Adeyanju -led NWC of the party

The judge directed INEC and the PDP and their agents to “recognize, deal with and accord all facilities required by law on the Sheriff group.

Justice Abang further directed INEC and the PDP to “reject and ignore any activity (including primary elections/congresses for the nomination of candidates for the gubernatorial elections in Edo and Ondo states, purportedly conducted on behalf of the 2nd defendant (PDP) by any other persons or group of persons other than the Sheriff group.

The judge said the interlocutory orders are to subsist pending the determination of the substantive suit marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/439/2016 filed by two governorship aspirants of the PDP in Edo and Ondo States – Chief Benson Akingboye (Ondo) and Ehiozuwa Johnson Agbonayinma (Edo)

http://thenationonlineng.net/court-to-inec-recognize-sheriffs-candidates-in-edo-ondo/

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by sluk(m): 11:04pm On Jun 30, 2016
The judiciary is becoming more and more confused and confusing than ever.

18 Likes

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by jlinkd78(m): 11:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
ok
Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by americanigga(m): 11:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
Pastor Ize Iyamu Igbinedion is finished. Ali Modu Sheriff is the authentic PDP chairman. He is the only one that can transform PDP. Up PDP!!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by Flyingngel(m): 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2016
This is getting interesting. But this OKON ABANG like giving judgement that can make ur belle to turn.

19 Likes

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by maryjan8(f): 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2016
Okay
Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by dondo83(m): 11:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
judiciary in nigeria belongs to the highest bidder...I dont pity pdp though, they dug the grave and they can as well be buried in it for good

5 Likes

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
The greatest mistake PDP made was allowing Sheriff to become it's chairman cool cool cool

Bokoharam founder cool

Sincerely I'll rather pick a gubernatorial form under Sheriff than Markafi.. cool

PDP goofed cool cool Fayose,Wike and Mimiko's greed killed PDP.

27 Likes

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by tempest01(m): 11:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
If this is true, then this Okon Abang sha...

His judgements are always leaning towards one side

1 Like

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by OlujobaSamuel: 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
justice okon? that baba get crazy judgement for hand. I think he is the kayode eso, uwais, oputa of our time. Can't wait to have him as the cjn.

4 Likes

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by druboon404: 1:04am On Jul 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by Nobody: 4:34am On Jul 01, 2016
grin the Biafrans will be left with no other choice than to vote for a northern PDP candidate in 2019 despite their hatred for buhari and other northerners grin biafra is dead and buried

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by FOWOSHERE01(m): 4:46am On Jul 01, 2016
ok
Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by labamo07(m): 4:52am On Jul 01, 2016
Na so the factions go dey fight ooooooo till they realize they are fighting on a non existing party....................

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by Agromuda(m): 5:53am On Jul 01, 2016
pdp Movie act 3 scene 2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by dulaman: 6:09am On Jul 01, 2016
When Buhari say judiciary will be his biggest problem you people wan kill am. You see it now. Two different verdicts from different court.

1 Like

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by dimieprincess(f): 6:12am On Jul 01, 2016
I never knew Abang Okon is this kind of cash and carry judge. While seeing in at the FHC, Ikoyi, I thought he is a judge with integrity.
An High Court of FCT has nullified the election of the man by reason of error over the amendment that brought in the man, yet you are just giving bench ruling any how.

During Jonathan era, you gave same useless rulings now Buhari era same thing.

Blake Guobadia, Laide, Kabiru Yusuf and co, come and see yo Justice Okon Abang ooooooooooo

3 Likes

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by JingoOAU(m): 6:38am On Jul 01, 2016
In the voice of the wailers, Buhari has bribed the Judge who happens to be from the 5%

If PDP don't crumble, Sherriff would not leave

Trust my words

This is the best of time to give spiritual, financial and physical support to the cause of Sheriff so that he can navigate PDP to the path of doom and destruction the same way PDP destroy Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by Dandsome: 6:57am On Jul 01, 2016
Has anyone noticed that nothing in Nigeria ever goes smoothly??
Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 01, 2016
mrkayusfit:
grin the Biafrans will be left with no other choice than to vote for a northern PDP candidate in 2019 despite their hatred for buhari and other northerners grin biafra is dead and buried
We never had issues with Tafawa Balewa, Shehu Shagari and we massively voted for Yaradua against your scam god Buhari who even had our illustrious son, Okadigbo as a running mate at a time.

My brother, your problem is not 1gbos, it's within you. Better see a doctor, a psychiatrist if I may suggest.wink

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by fulanimafia: 7:01am On Jul 01, 2016
mrkayusfit:

grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by Sijo01(f): 7:25am On Jul 01, 2016
Confused administration/judiciary

1 Like

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by lonelydora: 7:25am On Jul 01, 2016
I don't know why I'm happy about this struggle in PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by TippyTop(m): 7:25am On Jul 01, 2016
Even before opening this page, I knew it would be Justice Okon Abang also known as APC JUDGE

Fair trial ended with GEJ's administration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by teemanbastos(m): 7:26am On Jul 01, 2016
The Court is the hope of the common man but what I'm concerned about is the way the Judiciary is being dragged into murky waters.
Also, what is Sheriff's goal? Is it to let APC win by landslides in the elections? Because the primary Ize Iyamu won witnessed mass turnout unlike sheriff's.
So if there was scanty turnout at primary then how will such candidate have a chance at the main the main?

I think PDP should change name,they keep going down daily without any hope.
We need a Viable Opposition in Nigeria abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by PigMeat: 7:27am On Jul 01, 2016
who takes the law serious this days? The present nigerian law is a joke. Infact, everything under buhari is a joke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by kikio1992(m): 7:27am On Jul 01, 2016
Commotion everywhere. Mehn..this country sef.

Pls I heard militant disturb express yesterday na true?

Be a good lad and check my signature
Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by gbaskiboy: 7:28am On Jul 01, 2016
Politicking in nigeria is not encouraging walai
Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by MrMcJay(m): 7:29am On Jul 01, 2016
Sheriff is the best leader that the PDP has ever had. The party has a history of rubbishing those that sacrificed for the party and putting thieves and looters in authority.

They collected Ali Modu Haram's money and now want to kick him out? Kolewerk!

3 Likes

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by fulanimafia: 7:29am On Jul 01, 2016
Sherriff is the man to raise the bones of the PDP.

Sherriff and Fayose are the saviors and navigators that the party has been waiting for.

Buhari's days as President are numbered with this winning combo. 2nd term dead on arrival.

Sai #Sherriff/Fayose2019 #IStandWithSherriff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by carreport(m): 7:30am On Jul 01, 2016
Court
Re: Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. by Emmysteve(m): 7:30am On Jul 01, 2016
I wonder what was in the minds of people that brought Ali Modu Sheriff and even gave the party's top spot. This man has psychological problem and the current happenings will no doubt affect PDP chances.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board / Killings: Gowon Wants Buhari To Deal With Culprits / 2019 Election: Magnus Abe’s Name Missing In Inec’s Rivers Guber List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.