Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano (44161 Views)

My Abuja – Kaduna Train Experience; A Sweet Bitter Pill - Man Recounts. Photos / Woman Prays For Grandson In Rivers, Washes His Head, Feet Ahead Of Visit To Kano / A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Ikenna17(m): 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
Cool post OP, would love to try out naija's rail transport someday

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by hybeenoni: 4:17am On Jul 03, 2016
So tired nw, we arrived kano around 10:30pm.
We spent roughly 29hrs 30mins for the journey despite some unnecessary delays on the way.

Inside the first class coach.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by hybeenoni: 8:48am On Jul 03, 2016
@ otokx Ibadan to kano is #3750 (first class coach) while second class coach is 2450

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by suyamasta(m): 9:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
@Op thanks for sharing, but id like to know what was the reason for the delay and what areas need improvement?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by hybeenoni: 5:02am On Jul 04, 2016
@ suyamasta the delay were caused primarily due to the management of the railway service by the government. Govt has no business managing the railway, rather, it should be managed by the private investors while Govt act as the regulatory agency just as its done in the telecoms sector.
Let me list out the problems below:

* sometimes first class tickets are sold when it's not certain that a passenger will secure seat.
* some of the staff still this mentality of Govt job, behaving as if they are doing the passenger a favour.
* At some stations the head of the train will be removed and driven to another place to get fuel, while I fuel should be made available in such stations without need to wait unnecessarily.
* some staff reserve first class seat for pple by verbal agreement even though they have not made payment.
* some staff try to make money illegal by bringing passengers in after collecting their money.

Though some of their staffs are very friendly I must admit. Had a very good time with many of them

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by suyamasta(m): 7:03am On Jul 04, 2016
hybeenoni:
@ suyamasta the delay were caused primarily due to the management of the railway service by the government. Govt has no business managing the railway, rather, it should be managed by the private investors while Govt act as the regulatory agency just as its done in the telecoms sector.

* sometimes first class tickets are sold when it's not certain that a passenger will secure seat.
* some of the staff still this mentality of Govt job, behaving as if they are doing the passenger a favour.
* At some stations the head of the train will be removed and driven to another place to get fuel, while I fuel should be made available in such stations without need to wait unnecessarily.
* some staff reserve first class seat for pple by verbal agreement even though they have not made payment.
* some staff try to make money illegal by bringing passengers in after collecting their money.

Though some of their staffs are very friendly I must admit. Had a very good time with many of them
Thanks for the insight i hope they read this and make corrections

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by sexxydiva(f): 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nice one
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Vendoor(f): 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
wow cheesy
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by babyfaceafrica: 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nice one excursion of life

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by seguno2: 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
hybeenoni:
The bar
Sorri for d blurredness, due to the speed of the train

Where did you see speed?
If zombies catch you ehn! They have convinced themselves that the previous federal government bought only locomotives.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by DrAbbey1(m): 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
That's interesting ride
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by jobgbemi(m): 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
How about feeding? was it provided or you pay by urself?
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by experimentist: 5:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
[size=15pt]Very local. This one na the Ineffectual Buffoon's achievement abi wailer?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by princemmab(m): 5:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
This is an adventure I'll like to try someday in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Benedicta261(f): 5:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
I will love to enter a train someday.
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Airforce1(m): 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
sorry state
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by JuanDeDios: 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
hybeenoni:

I'm planning a trip and don't want to fall victim to paying for first class and not getting a seat. So what's your advice? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Goahead(m): 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
hybeenoni:
The bar
Sorri for d blurredness, due to the speed of the train
What was the speed like? Up to 400Km/hour

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by MrMechEng(m): 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nice post OP. from the pictures you posted, the train looks clean and modern. the seats look roomy and comfortable also. what is the average travel time of Ibadan to Kano by road?
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by kobonaire(m): 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
Love this thread and the OP's sense of adventure and positive/upward thinking!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by cruz419(m): 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
Train ride is a lot of fun especially if u are in d first class coach,, mehn Dat air-condition bad oo ,, the first time I used it was Wen I was report to my state of posting during nysc that was last year June,, I boarded it from ilorin to kano,, I enjoyed it den Sha,, save trip bro!! I

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by SweetJoystick(m): 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
charix:
How long is Lagos - Kano via road and how long by air? 17 hours for a single journey is something one has to seriously prepare their mind over. I don't envy your position.
17 hours is the same as 5pm. Not the duration of the journey

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by guiddoti: 5:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
op hope yu no get monkey yansh for sitting all day long wink
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Missyetty(f): 5:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
Following, wish to travel by train someday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by flokii: 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
hybeenoni:
@ Otok it's air-conditioned and the toilet is cleaned

Woow! That's really nice..

Smooth ride, no holdup.. We'll get there
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by ojuolu(m): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
Did the train pass through abuja? Any stop over in abj?
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by baloo(m): 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
Good to see the rail transport is being revived.
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by niceguy7(m): 5:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
It's now very obvious that we are still operating on old trains. undecided

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Lagusta(m): 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
This is actually nice.....

Would take that adventure one day.....

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by KELVIN086: 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
hybeenoni:
@ kaduna nw
Are you allowed to climb on top the train , like the way we see it in the movies.

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Kunberg: 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2016
Wow! That's would be a long journey
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by sunisonflex29(m): 6:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
Truth be told,v never enterd a train o..even though this GEJ's train passes my back yard daily frm ph to aba and back,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics / Ongoing Anambra International Airport City Project: 3-D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.