Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,410 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode (34669 Views)

Street Traders And Hawkers Protest In Lagos / Street Traders And Hawkers Will Be Jail In Lagos From July 1- Ambode / Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by kachiz(m): 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
How again can we be buying our Gala and La-casera in traffic.
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by HiliaryAutos(m): 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
COUNTRY-HARSH

PRISIDENT - HARSH

WEALTH-HARSH

PHCN-HARSH

WITCHES IN THE COUNTRY-HARSH

EVIL SPIRIT - HARSH

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Lolaabokoku(f): 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
Change!!!
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
Sorry for the buses that were destroyed --- but N135 million is shicken change for LASG.. adjust accordingly and call the insurance company AND... please will someone caution this Bostonian Buffoon not to convert these street traders into hardened criminals without adequate protection for us tax-payers.

Ambode.. why are your making a knee-jerk reaction to symptoms of a disease that you refused to cure or kill

1: KAI have gone far beyond their duties to TORTURE, MURDER and VIOLENTLY/AGGRESSIVELY brutalization of lagosians. of course they can only run away to avoid entering the KAI van.
2: Buhari promised N5,000 to 25 million jobless.. perhaps it is time to demand action on this rather than rendering these "already jobless" people jobless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by tete7000(m): 8:05pm On Jul 01, 2016
Arbitrary law that do not take into cognisance the culture and way of people. I am really waiting to see how much result would be achieved. One thing I am however certain of is once election is around the corner the law would be relaxed.
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Qmerit(m): 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
But if not for street hawking that bread seller what her name ooo Olajumoke or so brought to limelight by TY Bello won't have discovered her dream oo! Just saying.....

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef
- I am getting sick of this government - No job - No power - No business - Clueless - Wicked - Power drunk
Nonsense
Lool is ds keneking or kenequeen??

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef
- I am getting sick of this government - No job - No power - No business - Clueless - Wicked - Power drunk
Nonsense
Lool is ds keneking or kenequeen??
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by ishiamu(m): 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
bloodkiller:

JESUS!!!
now i believe in miracles
playing Ali Chukwuma ego ji olu amazing song
chisos keneking account has been. hacked I believe so

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Jack83: 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
pippimp:

I agree with you. Do you know why people, on the most part, obey the law in America? It's not that they are so good and kind. It's because they know the government over there mean business. America can use a billion dollars to find a culprit who stole a pen. Even if you committed an offence in 1912, they will still be looking for you till today. Even if you had died a long time ago, they will try to find your corpse. That's how serious they take law enforcement. In Nigeria, the law is a suggestion. If you like follow it. If you like don't.
Nigerian law is borrowed and as such is inapplicable. stop borrowin foreign laws without puttin in place the preconditions for such.
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Arisheloaded(m): 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
loopman:

Write any nonsense you want to write on NL, go to the roads of Lagos, hawk and go to jail. cool cool

you wicked o! sad
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
Yes! Long overdue! There are dedicated areas to buy and sell and not constitute a menace to society by hawking on highways!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by pippimp(m): 8:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
Jack83:
Nigerian law is borrowed and as such is inapplicable. stop borrowin foreign laws without puttin in place the preconditions for such.

By borrowed i presume you mean it is filled with common sense and how normal people should live. I see why Nigerians can't follow them.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 01, 2016
Diabolic change! New day, new hardship/draconian law!!
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by kingthreat(m): 8:13pm On Jul 01, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
That will definitely be a bad news to the Red Mudsters, the relatives of Benjamin Netanyahu residing in Africa.

No more gala in traffic.

This made me laugh like i was crazy. 100 gbosas for you. You get mouth wella.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by udysweet(f): 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2016
In trying to solved a problem you create many more in its place. For those who'll be stuck in traffic for hours and need to cool or step dwn with a drink and snack pending the time you get home,will no longer be able to. Things like soft drinks,gala,yoghurt and a few other stuff might find sales dwindling because take it or leave it,a greater chunk of sales comes in from wat does hawkers make everyday,and that might mean job losses and other stuff. I just hope all dats been done is for our own good sha. Meanwhile na to dey buy gala and lacasera hold for hand b4 u enter road now too avoid stories dat touch,lol!
By the way,dos KAI officers,oversabi dey worry a lot of dem,dey shd be givn proper training pls on hw to catch pple and not endanger lives,dat was an avoidable death. D death dey were preventing dem frm i.e highway accidents,isn't wat now killed him but der own wrong aproach to arrest

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by ajepako(f): 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
Firefire:

Oju won ti un ja.

Won ni 'optional'

Ara won a ba ground..

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Orikinla(m): 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
[size=20pt]What of the more than 100, 000 cases of child abuse with trafficking of underage girls from the neighbouring countries of Benin and Togo used as housemaids in Lagos state.
Child labour is a crime.[/size].

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by mikkypel(m): 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2016
But to face reality, do they hawk in America, France and the likes.. Lagos is a city for crying out loud
.. Instead of hawking around, let them just stay in one place, then the buyer meets them there

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Mitsurugi(m): 8:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
It's a welcome development. Apart from the risk to the lives of the vendors, there is also the security risk a lot of unscrupulous miscreants pose while fronting as vendors prior to violent robberies to consider.

For all those ethnic warriors; Igbo and yorubas on Nairaland may you all perish horribly! If you believe in ethnic hatred please just say amen. Bloody beasts! angry
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Firefire(m): 8:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
ajepako:

Won ni 'optional'

Ara won a ba ground..

grin grin grin grin

In KWAM's voice, won o ti ri kankan oooo, won o ti ri un kankan.
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by visijo(m): 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
i pity lagosians because crime will take his full course now... Police go fight tire because boys are not smiling...
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Akpan01: 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
I just hope say this is just not One of the Plans to keep our Struggling youths to become 'Slaves of the higher Order to some ' THIEVES. ' Feeling like Na Only Them get Wisdom from God Pass.'
Remember, say the Boy that has been Killed has no Name right because He no be Son of the Soil Right!
Come to think of it ; How Much can we as Individuals pay to God for His breathe in Our Lives.
KAI Or no KAI, What Good thing has the Squalids contributed to this nation?
If there was no root cause, there would have been no Death, and surely no property losses.
Okay, Money, has been valued and perhaps, plan is on the way to get it replaced.
Can the Govt. Or its thuggery agents pay the Cost price for the Live of this Boy.
RIP Our Future Governor and perhaps our Future President.
This Blood that you People are Shedding, there is God o!
Just think about what Brought BK Boys into Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by loomer: 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2016
Truth be told, the officials abi na officers for all these paramilitaries are not well trained.

You wan arrest buyers, na now u go see how then dey beat kai officers wella
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Ladycloud(f): 8:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Firefire:

Within the next 60 days crime rate will increase in Lagos. Many who could not go into robbery will die of hunger and starvation.

54.78% of Lagosians fall within this poverty line and has been supporting themselves by trading, either in the streets of in traffic.

Congrats to the Nigeria Police force Lagos Command , time to seek transfer to Lagos as implementing this wicked order bring riches. undecided
... The heart of man is desperately wicked.. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by CuteTj(m): 8:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Almajiri1:
139 million for repair works on 49 vehicles? Who negotiated this deal?
139,000,000 on 49 buses will amount to 2,836,735 on each bus.

Looking at the pics of the damaged buses, the major damage on them were shattered windscreens & windows, then followed by broken side mirrors, punctured tires which may lead to damaged rims when towing them, broken doors (don't forget the doors are electronic).

The bus maker is Yutong, i'm sure that's a Chinese company. Don't forget Nigeria does not make all the damaged parts mentioned above. Also the parts are not from your regular car makers (Toyota etc.). That means an order may need to be placed on these products from China. Factor in custom duties, shipping costs and probably travel costs (tickets, hotel accommodation etc.) of the engineer(s) that will travel to China to place the orders.

After considering the costs mentioned above, do you see that the amount quoted by the Governor may be true?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by larry75(m): 8:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
This is not an excuse mr Ambode,this things have been pratice before you were born.
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Perfectaogwoc(m): 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
so I no go see pure water buy again...nawao #what of people sleeping under bridge, we are talking of expansion#you are talking of poor hand to mouth masses #Democracy of the Demo# for d Crazy #
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by mailmitch(m): 8:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
For me ths is d worst decision Mr gov has taken so far, pple are tryng to survive here ur party leadership has nt made life easy fr nigerians and nw ur comng up wth a policy tht will increase d hardship on pple who are tryng to get their daily bread. Sir I hpe u are preparng fr d worst case scenario to cme in Lagos , whn armed robbery, ritualism, kidnapping etc go on d increase in Lagos . All I pray ur govt to do is to ork out ways to cushion d effect of ths pple u are forcing to go do thngs dey wuld on a FUD day nt wnt to b involved in. Its jus my own opinion tho.
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by omohlexy: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
one day the river will over flow and there will be nowhere for you to hide and you will run run wishing you had put out the fire # ambode keep pushing the common man to the wall soon your luxury fortress will not be able to save you from the peoples uprising.
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by kcowen(m): 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
StunningCEO:
This is bad news for us all....the ibos control the hawking market with gala...pure water etc..... angry....now that they've banned this nuisance trading...we are going to get an increase in armed robbery from these people....the police need to be armed to deal with the fallout.....ibo and crime be like bread and butter... sad
Keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent.
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Perfectaogwoc(m): 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
so I no go see pure water buy again...nawao #what of people sleeping under bridge, we are talking of expansion#you are talking of poor hand to mouth masses #Democracy of the Demo# for d Crazy # please talk of how drivers cause unnecessary hold up,unnecessary turning #on the road# Ambode Akinwunmi remember that God is watching

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki Kicks As Court Orders Forfeiture Of N1 Billion Houses / PDP Refers Ortom To Disciplinary Committee, Suspends Fayose, Anyim, Others / PMB's London Vacation: Ben Murray-Bruce Calls Out President, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.