Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,218 members, 7,780,406 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:45 PM

Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? (33632 Views)

How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) / Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet / Bathroom Of Lady Who Moved Out Of A Guy's Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by aoshi: 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2016
erico2k2:

All water goes fru the central sewers there is nothing like flood drainage it all ends in same pot.
mr oga, i am not talking about overseas. I am talking about Nigeria. If they all run all through the same system abroad as u say then i believe they are all sealed and out of sight and reach to the average joe. It isn't so here so it is wrong to connect your domestic waste water to flood drains here.
Wetin wrong no fit right.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2016
Onyochejohn:
I live in Abuja, is much or small? I was talking of the amount those Evacuated truck are charging.
is quite cheap, some states charge btw 15 to 20k for jus one trip
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by mufutau55(m): 10:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
fash78:

Thanks for the explanation. My question is aboit the connecting pipe from septic tank to.the soak away, won't there be odour sipping into the kitchen through the waste water drain lines because septic tank is connected to the soakaway?

I am.presently digging my septic and soakaway and I have asked the plumber to keep the two tanks not connected because of the above reason, am I being unnecessarily afraid? Please advise. I still have time to tell him to connect them together if I can get a solid proof that it won't cause me grief of odours sipping into my kitchen down the road.

Two different implementation if the Septic Tan and Soakaway is sunk in a water logged area.
They could be connected for water to flow from septic to soakaway.. but in a solid soil two of them are not built to link.
Go to Skimanski thread to read about it.. I will link it here when I find it... Go read whole page 5 of this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2770635/construction-works-units-flats-new/5

Hajji M.
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by mank1234(m): 12:15am On Jul 03, 2016
fash78:

Thanks for the explanation. My question is aboit the connecting pipe from septic tank to.the soak away, won't there be odour sipping into the kitchen through the waste water drain lines because septic tank is connected to the soakaway?

I am.presently digging my septic and soakaway and I have asked the plumber to keep the two tanks not connected because of the above reason, am I being unnecessarily afraid? Please advise. I still have time to tell him to connect them together if I can get a solid proof that it won't cause me grief of odours sipping into my kitchen down the road.

The first picture shows how to quench your fear of odour coming in to the house.
The second, a very practical approach to soakaway/septic tank design

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by erico2k2(m): 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2016
aoshi:

mr oga, i am not talking about overseas. I am talking about Nigeria. If they all run all through the same system abroad as u say then i believe they are all sealed and out of sight and reach to the average joe. It isn't so here so it is wrong to connect your domestic waste water to flood drains here.
Wetin wrong no fit right.
If we are not talking abroad then why bring in central sewer into this argument then since we do not have one in Nigeria
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by oduz: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2016
jjagz:
I hope this doesn't get lost in the myriad of responses and the OP sees this.

What is classically done in our climes is to have one hole partitioned into 2 parts which are;

1) SEPTIC TANK: This is where toilet waste i.e faeces are flushed into. Bacteria (which is why it is called SEPTIC) decompose it into SLUDGE which settles and WATER which floats. This tank is usually made with concrete ate the bottom to prevent the sludge from getting into surrounding soil. At the top of this tank is a connection through a hole, pipe or whatever to the septic tank that allows water to drain into the soakaway pit if the water above the sludge becomes excessive. NEVER DIRECT WATER FROM SINKS OR BATHROOMS OR KITCHENS HERE BECAUSE THEY CONTAIN SOAP AND OTHER CHEMICALS THAT WILL INHIBIT THE BACTERIA AND THE SEPTIC TANK FILLS UP QUICKLY LEAVING YOU LITERALLY WITH BIG UNDECOMPOSED SHIT.

2) SOAKAWAY PIT: Which is what we call the whole set up at times. It is normally larger and the floor is left bare to allow water literally SOAK AWAY into the ground. Water from sinks, bathrooms, kitchen sinks etc should all come here, including the excess run off from the septic tank( remember from above). SIMILARLY TOILET WASTE SHOULD NOT BE DIRECTED HERE FOR THE SAME REASON IN CAPITAL LETTERS ABOVE.

I hope I have clarified and and not confused you more.

You're welcome.

*Kudos*

A very good effort, but the ideal is to have a separate soak away for waste water, separate from that meant for the septic tank.
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by glossy6(f): 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
pedrilo:
From experience, I knw that after digging a very big soak away, u create a partition for feaces that will have the base cemented and another partition for water from the kitchen and bathing room without cementing it's base so that the water can sink into the ground.

This is the standard practice. You can only channel it to the gutter if there's a good drainage out there. Otherwise, you may end up damaging the non existing roads by creating puddles on our roads.

erico2k2:

If we are not talking abroad then why bring in central sewer into this argument then since we do not have one in Nigeria

Connect to the one in Agbara Estate grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by aoshi: 11:03pm On Jul 03, 2016
erico2k2:

mr bros, i only mentioned central sewers in reference to your statement about running all in one system. I never mentioned it prior to that.
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by Topscoque(f): 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
ChappyChase:

Septic tank my left balls!
Ogbeni channel the thing to the nearest gutter!
That is the old way and its not hygienic. Seems u don lyk moving with the current building trend
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by erico2k2(m): 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
glossy6:

This is the standard practice. You can only channel it to the gutter if there's a good drainage out there. Otherwise, you may end up damaging the non existing roads by creating puddles on our roads.

Connect to the one in Agbara Estate grin grin grin
ahahah grin grin
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by erico2k2(m): 8:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
aoshi:

mr bros, i only mentioned central sewers in reference to your statement about running all in one system. I never mentioned it prior to that.
Ok, just so you know, the gutters i n my city all runs to creeks or swaps,so when we wash our dishes the waters end up there too as well as when we take our bathe, Im not talking Poo and wee here.we not talking stuff from domestic waste here.soupy waters which are Bio degradable.
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by msogunro: 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
ddjay:

Environmental pollution,thats what will infect your left balls

Bathing water can't make Naija gutters any worse.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by erico2k2(m): 9:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
msogunro:

Bathing water can't make Naija gutters any worse.
Guy I tire,bathing water ke, make dem visit ladipo and see what bad water is grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
fashrola:

nice explanation.... Just like sewage treatment plant onboard a ship works too...
how do vessels sail @ night?
How is the sludge tank on board emptied? I asked this question while i was on a mearsk vessel during my I.T @ apapa ...i didnt get a satisfactory response

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by fashrola(m): 9:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
IHate9ja1:

how do vessels sail @ night?
How is the sludge tank on board emptied? I asked this question while i was on a mearsk vessel during my I.T @ apapa ...i didnt get a satisfactory response

1. How do vessels sail @ night: Well I'm not in the deck department but i'll try and explain to my best knowledge, All vessels are equipped with Radar, AIS, Compass and Navigational lights, So before setting on a journey, the captain or Chief Officer must have plotted their chart and set to autopilot (on Modern Vessels), The Autopilot moves the vessels automatically and also the navigational lights is put switched on to help other ships determine which is the give-way vessel when encountering each other at night to avoid collision (Just like a car taillights to show that there's a car in front of him/her), So the Radar and AIS helps in Navigation.‎

2. How is sludge tank emptied onboard: This is my field lol, Well I guess you should understand why you got a lighter response on this question, because a lot of ships in Nigerian waters are defaulters when it comes to cases of oil pollution management on-board, other countries takes oil pollution cases very seriously like imprisonment, detention of vessel, fines and withdrawal of license, and since you were an IT student, they won't tell you more information on how they empty their sludge tanks.

Onboard a ship, an Oily water separator is fitted to separate oil and other contaminants that could be harmful to the aquatic animals and could destroy their ecosystem, On larger ships we have what we call bilge holding tanks where‎ water and oil leakage in the engine room is collected in bilge wells and this oily water mixture is then transferred to primary bilge tank or bilge holding tank, where the mixture is settled down and then is transferred to secondary bilge tank. The oily water separator is supplied through secondary or separated bilge tank and a shore connection is also connected to this tank to dispose off all the collected bilge to shore. ‎And the SLUDGE TANK is located inside the engine room, this tank is used to store sludge produced after treating fuel or lube oil through purifiers and clarifies, it can also be called DIRTY Holding Tank, This tank is also connected to the Oily Water Separator which will reduce the oily content to 15ppm before discharging it onboard‎

WHY SOME VESSELS PUMP OIL OVERBOARD 
1. The Oily Water Separator has a coalescing filter which need to be change almost all the time to achieve the 15ppm and it's expensive, so the company management hardly supply such filters and spares are not readily available in Nigeria
2. Laziness of the crew (Especially the Chief Engineer, since he's the only person responsible to operate the equipment) 
3. The Equipment is not functioning optimally
4. Nigeria is a lawless country hence the frequent discharge of oil overboard lol

HOW THE SLUDGE TANK IS EMPTIED ONBOARD‎
1. Via international shore connection, Whenever a ship calls to any port, it's the duty of the Port Authority to collect waste products by connecting a hose from the ship to their waste tanker where the waste is transferred
2. Via Oily Water Separator
3. Discharging it directly ( Bad practice, if caught in another country you'll be imprisoned) 

A record of oil discharged is recorded in Oil record log book which is inspected by the flag state administrator (NIMASA)

Any more questions would be entertained ‎
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
fashrola:

1. How do vessels sail @ night: Well I'm not in the deck department but i'll try and explain to my best knowledge, All vessels are equipped with Radar, AIS, Compass and Navigational lights, So before setting on a journey, the captain or Chief Officer must have plotted their chart and set to autopilot (on Modern Vessels), The Autopilot moves the vessels automatically and also the navigational lights is put switched on to help other ships determine which is the give-way vessel when encountering each other at night to avoid collision (Just like a car taillights to show that there's a car in front of him/her), So the Radar and AIS helps in Navigation.‎

2. How is sludge tank emptied onboard: This is my field lol, Well I guess you should understand why you got a lighter response on this question, because a lot of ships in Nigerian waters are defaulters when it comes to cases of oil pollution management on-board, other countries takes oil pollution cases very seriously like imprisonment, detention of vessel, fines and withdrawal of license, and since you were an IT student, they won't tell you more information on how they empty their sludge tanks.

Onboard a ship, an Oily water separator is fitted to separate oil and other contaminants that could be harmful to the aquatic animals and could destroy their ecosystem, On larger ships we have what we call bilge holding tanks where‎ water and oil leakage in the engine room is collected in bilge wells and this oily water mixture is then transferred to primary bilge tank or bilge holding tank, where the mixture is settled down and then is transferred to secondary bilge tank. The oily water separator is supplied through secondary or separated bilge tank and a shore connection is also connected to this tank to dispose off all the collected bilge to shore. ‎And the SLUDGE TANK is located inside the engine room, this tank is used to store sludge produced after treating fuel or lube oil through purifiers and clarifies, it can also be called DIRTY Holding Tank, This tank is also connected to the Oily Water Separator which will reduce the oily content to 15ppm before discharging it onboard‎

1. The Oily Water Separator has a coalescing filter which need to be change almost all the time to achieve the 15ppm and it's expensive, so the company management hardly supply such filters and spares are not readily available in Nigeria
2. Laziness of the crew (Especially the Chief Engineer, since he's the only person responsible to operate the equipment)
4. Nigeria is a lawless country hence the frequent discharge of oil overboard lol

1. Via international shore connection, Whenever a ship calls to any port, it's the duty of the Port Authority to collect waste products by connecting a hose from the ship to their waste tanker where the waste is transferred
3. Discharging it directly ( Bad practice, if caught in another country you'll be imprisoned)

A record of oil discharged is recorded in Oil record log book which is inspected by the flag state administrator (NIMASA)

wow,i really appreciate your detailed feedback.
Whats your daily work routine like? Wake up time,breakfast,report writing, and all?
How do you keep in touch with friends and family while you are offshore? Coz i heard for example on NLNG vessel their is no much private communication as the captain handles all emails.i mean the captain gets to see them before the crew member.
I have been into the bridge and galley too,vessels are loaded....mehn.
You only have one port of call which is Onne i guess,how often does your vessel get inspected and derattized by the EHO's/Port health officers? The last time i checked a deratting cert. Is valid for 6 months, do you host the flag too?
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by idris4r83(m): 9:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
fashrola:

1. How do vessels sail @ night: Well I'm not in the deck department but i'll try and explain to my best knowledge, All vessels are equipped with Radar, AIS, Compass and Navigational lights, So before setting on a journey, the captain or Chief Officer must have plotted their chart and set to autopilot (on Modern Vessels), The Autopilot moves the vessels automatically and also the navigational lights is put switched on to help other ships determine which is the give-way vessel when encountering each other at night to avoid collision (Just like a car taillights to show that there's a car in front of him/her), So the Radar and AIS helps in Navigation.‎

Onboard a ship, an Oily water separator is fitted to separate oil and other contaminants that could be harmful to the aquatic animals and could destroy their ecosystem, On larger ships we have what we call bilge holding tanks where‎ water and oil leakage in the engine room is collected in bilge wells and this oily water mixture is then transferred to primary bilge tank or bilge holding tank, where the mixture is settled down and then is transferred to secondary bilge tank. The oily water separator is supplied through secondary or separated bilge tank and a shore connection is also connected to this tank to dispose off all the collected bilge to shore. ‎And the SLUDGE TANK is located inside the engine room, this tank is used to store sludge produced after treating fuel or lube oil through purifiers and clarifies, it can also be called DIRTY Holding Tank, This tank is also connected to the Oily Water Separator which will reduce the oily content to 15ppm before discharging it onboard‎

you are really a master in your field. Keep it up bro
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by mufutau55(m): 12:02am On Aug 19, 2016
@Fashrola
Very well analyzed. I know nothing about ship, so this is an education. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by fashrola(m): 12:28am On Aug 19, 2016
IHate9ja1:

wow,i really appreciate your detailed feedback.
Whats your daily work routine like? Wake up time,breakfast,report writing, and all?
How do you keep in touch with friends and family while you are offshore? Coz i heard for example on NLNG vessel their is no much private communication as the captain handles all emails.i mean the captain gets to see them before the crew member.
I have been into the bridge and galley too,vessels are loaded....mehn.
You only have one port of call which  is Onne i guess,how often does your vessel get inspected and derattized by the EHO's/Port health officers? The last time i checked a deratting cert. Is valid for 6 months, do you host the flag too?

*My daily routine was explained in the previous reply, Wake up time depends on the type of watch you keep (I keep 0000hrs - 0600 hrs watch and 12:00hrs - 1800hrs) so obviously I wake up by 2335hrs and 1130hrs respectively to take over duty.‎

*Breakfast time depends on vessels, but it's normally from 05:30hrs --06:30hrs so that people taking over duty can eat before going  to resume and those knocking off from duty can eat and rest too.

*Report Writing, Well they are lot of report writing involved in ship work everyday especially for the deck department, so I don't wanna go there.‎

*Some vessels are equipped with WiFi, like the vessel I'm currently working has ethernet port in all cabins which you can plug your laptop or router for Internet access, and other vessels has Internet service for only the captain and chief engineer for their noon reports, requisitions, etc and like I replied earlier I have not work on NLNG vessel so I don't know how they operate

*Bridge and Galley loaded? I guess u've not stepped into the engine room before lol, the piping arrangement system alone will confuse you.

*We have two functioning ports in Rivers State (One is located in Port Harcourt town and the other in Onne) Though Onne is popular due to presence of Intels and mainly used by Oil and gas companies, we have another port in Calabar, Warri and Lagos

*Port Health officers are so corrupt that they forget to do their jobs which they are paid to do, they always come and collect money without doing the proper thing, Fumigation is carried out by the company even though Port health issues out the fumigation certificate.

*Which flag are you talking about? The signal flags? 

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by fashrola(m): 12:29am On Aug 19, 2016
idris4r83:
you are really a master in your field. Keep it up bro

Thx bro
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by fashrola(m): 12:30am On Aug 19, 2016
mufutau55:
@Fashrola
Very well analyzed. I know nothing about ship, so this is an education. Thank you.

Hajji M.

Thx sir... I appreciate
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 19, 2016
fashrola:

*My daily routine was explained in the previous reply, Wake up time depends on the type of watch you keep (I keep 0000hrs - 0600 hrs watch and 12:00hrs - 1800hrs) so obviously I wake up by 2335hrs and 1130hrs respectively to take over duty.‎

*Breakfast time depends on vessels, but it's normally from 05:30hrs --06:30hrs so that people taking over duty can eat before going to resume and those knocking off from duty can eat and rest too.

*Report Writing, Well they are lot of report writing involved in ship work everyday especially for the deck department, so I don't wanna go there.‎

*Some vessels are equipped with WiFi, like the vessel I'm currently working has ethernet port in all cabins which you can plug your laptop or router for Internet access, and other vessels has Internet service for only the captain and chief engineer for their noon reports, requisitions, etc and like I replied earlier I have not work on NLNG vessel so I don't know how they operate

*Bridge and Galley loaded? I guess u've not stepped into the engine room before lol, the piping arrangement system alone will confuse you.

*We have two functioning ports in Rivers State (One is located in Port Harcourt town and the other in Onne) Though Onne is popular due to presence of Intels and mainly used by Oil and gas companies, we have another port in Calabar, Warri and Lagos

*Port Health officers are so corrupt that they forget to do their jobs which they are paid to do, they always come and collect money without doing the proper thing, Fumigation is carried out by the company even though Port health issues out the fumigation certificate.

*Which flag are you talking about? The signal flags?

yes the signal flag that shows if their is no casualty onboard among the vessel crew members.
Yes from my experience,port health officers are corrupt,when i was on my I.T in apapa as the vessel berths they move in with travlling bags and disemberk with loads of goodies i.e drinks,cigar and foreign currency also.
Galley is loaded with food stuffs i mean. The bridge...i have been there too.Getting a job as a port health officer is tough for we young graduates in the profession.
Have you witness any experience of man overboard @ sea?
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by fashrola(m): 8:35am On Aug 19, 2016
IHate9ja1:

yes the signal flag that shows if their is no casualty onboard among the vessel crew members.
Yes from my experience,port health officers are corrupt,when i was on my I.T in apapa as the vessel berths they move in with travlling bags and disemberk with loads of goodies i.e drinks,cigar and foreign currency also.
Galley is loaded with food stuffs i mean. The bridge...i have been there too.Getting a job as a port health officer is tough for we young graduates in the profession.
Have you witness any experience of man overboard @ sea?

*The signal flag is mostly effective on foreign going vessels, though I've worked onboard three different vessels and the signal flags are just lying there on the shelves in the bridge, to be frank coastal vessels ignore a lot of stuffs and boycott standard marine Standard operation procedures (SOP)

*I have not experienced man overboard before neither a fire incident, though we conduct a mock drill on that...
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 19, 2016
fashrola:

*The signal flag is mostly effective on foreign going vessels, though I've worked onboard three different vessels and the signal flags are just lying there on the shelves in the bridge, to be frank coastal vessels ignore a lot of stuffs and boycott standard marine Standard operation procedures (SOP)

*I have not experienced man overboard before neither a fire incident, though we conduct a mock drill on that...
the mearsk vessel was in intl cargo,i now understand. Whats your work rotation like is it a month or more @ sea?
A vessel cabin is one of the most beautiful apartment i have ever seen....lol
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by fashrola(m): 8:42am On Aug 19, 2016
IHate9ja1:

the mearsk vessel was in intl cargo,i now understand. Whats your work rotation like is it a month or more @ sea?

It was one month on/off, now it's two months and one month off
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 19, 2016
fashrola:

It was one month on/off, now it's two months and one month off
enjoy jare. Nice day
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by idris4r83(m): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2016
jjagz:
I hope this doesn't get lost in the myriad of responses and the OP sees this.

What is classically done in our climes is to have one hole partitioned into 2 parts which are;

1) SEPTIC TANK: This is where toilet waste i.e faeces are flushed into. Bacteria (which is why it is called SEPTIC) decompose it into SLUDGE which settles and WATER which floats. This tank is usually made with concrete ate the bottom to prevent the sludge from getting into surrounding soil. At the top of this tank is a connection through a hole, pipe or whatever to the septic tank that allows water to drain into the soakaway pit if the water above the sludge becomes excessive. NEVER DIRECT WATER FROM SINKS OR BATHROOMS OR KITCHENS HERE BECAUSE THEY CONTAIN SOAP AND OTHER CHEMICALS THAT WILL INHIBIT THE BACTERIA AND THE SEPTIC TANK FILLS UP QUICKLY LEAVING YOU LITERALLY WITH BIG UNDECOMPOSED SHIT.

2) SOAKAWAY PIT: Which is what we call the whole set up at times. It is normally larger and the floor is left bare to allow water literally SOAK AWAY into the ground. Water from sinks, bathrooms, kitchen sinks etc should all come here, including the excess run off from the septic tank( remember from above). SIMILARLY TOILET WASTE SHOULD NOT BE DIRECTED HERE FOR THE SAME REASON IN CAPITAL LETTERS ABOVE.

I hope I have clarified and and not confused you more.

You're welcome.
this is exactly what I did. Thanks for the advice bro
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by nikkypearl(f): 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
nastyesco:
U can bath on sand in the backyard instead!!! grin
grin grin smh
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by jjwest1: 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
Water pipes to your check the supply for pipes are understandable, they don’t provide for into the mains use up & it actually is reduce that’s infertile...
Sewer Line Replacement
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by drealaz24(m): 4:08am On Apr 18, 2018
[quote author=sammily post=47129167][/quote]

since the excess water from the septic tank is coming here. provided you channel the waste water from the kitchen to this soakaway, will the odour (even germs) from the septic tank not enter the soakaway and ultimately enter through the kitchen sink since all are connected. please help a brother here.
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by drealaz24(m): 4:30am On Apr 18, 2018
mank1234:

The first picture shows how to quench your fear of odour coming in to the house.
The second, a very practical approach to soakaway/septic tank design

does kitchen sink have water trap or vent?
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by mank1234(m): 8:31am On Apr 18, 2018
drealaz24:

does kitchen sink have water trap or vent?

Some I've seen have it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Properties In Port Harcourt Destroyed After A Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / What Types Of Slab Is These? To The Civil Engineers And Builders In The Forum. / Owner Of Mansion Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Threatens To Kill Himself (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.