Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

10 Biggest Mistakes Women Might Be Making In Their Marriage That Cost Them Dearl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Biggest Mistakes Women Might Be Making In Their Marriage That Cost Them Dearl (964 Views)

Costly Mistakes Women Make In Relationships / Banky W & Adesua Etomi With His Parents At Their Marriage Introduction (Photo) / 6 Horrible Mistakes Women Make When Washing Their Vagina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Biggest Mistakes Women Might Be Making In Their Marriage That Cost Them Dearl by Milysblog: 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
For every girl, getting married, entering a new family and starting a new phase of her life is pretty much the most special, yet scary phase of her life. Scary, because it is a new chapter, one that she has no idea about how it will shape up. There are new relationships to maintain, new expectations to fulfil, and so much more.

And in doing all of that, a lot of women tend to get so deeply engrossed in their married life that they unknowingly end up making some serious mistakes.
These mistakes can sometimes have severe consequences and leave her feeling alone and cornered. So, we get you the top 10 mistakes most women make after marriage which they definitely should stop doing!

1. Leaving their job.
Why does your career need to end when your marriage begins? Does your husband end his? Do you not have goals to conquer? And if you are being forced to do so, raise your voice as that is your right.

2. Not making time for friends.

Start a new life, but do not end your previous one. Real friends are your true pillars of strength and support. They should be valued and treasured throughout your life.

3. Being totally dependent on their husband for everything.
Like, for going to the market because you cannot drive, going to the doctor or the tailor, waiting for him to do a chore you asked him, collecting money even for the littlest things etc. Get independent, and work your way around to get things done by yourself!

4. Underestimating your self worth
You need to love yourself for others to love you. You need to respect yourself for others to respect you. If you underestimate yourself, the world will pounce on you to suppress you and make you do things in their favour.

5. Not giving space to your partner and vice versa
You both have an individual life too. Giving each other space does not mean you disregard or love your partner any less. But, giving space and getting some ‘me time’ gives you time to connect with yourself, and your previous life!

6. Being pressurized and traumatized by the new family.
If you are at fault, you should bear the brunt of it. But if you are not, why subject yourself to undue torture and insult? God gave you a voice, which you should use to defend your honour.

7. Expecting him to read your mind.
If you want to say something to your husband, just say it out loud and clear. Expecting him to read your mind and not telling him what is wrong even after he asks you a zillion times is most unfair to him!

8. Stressing over every issues, big and small
And by overthinking, wasting precious time and stressing yourself out unnecessarily!

9. Keeping a tab on who did how much.
And who did what! Why keep count? Isn’t it just better to keep doing your part and appreciate all the good things that your husband does for you instead of keeping a track? Same thing applies to the men, appreciate your wife instead of keeping track of how much you did or she did for you.

10. Making your marriage your whole life
Your husband, your home and then the kids; making your entire universe revolve ONLY around them! Not having your own friend circle, your own girlie gang, not enjoying spa days, outing days, short work vacations and things that you need to do for yourself keeping your marriage aside for some time!

So ladies, if you too feel you are doing some or all of the above mentioned things, it is time for you to make a lifestyle change; a conscious effort to be more relaxed, selfish at times and understanding the importance of space. And, if you feel we have missed out on some points, add them down here in the comments! See more at http://www.beinspiredwithmily.com/

2 Likes

Re: 10 Biggest Mistakes Women Might Be Making In Their Marriage That Cost Them Dearl by falconey(m): 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
interesting

I hope the mother of my kids is somewhere reading this .
Re: 10 Biggest Mistakes Women Might Be Making In Their Marriage That Cost Them Dearl by donbenedict(m): 3:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
My future wife can be anything buh not a banker!

1 Like

Re: 10 Biggest Mistakes Women Might Be Making In Their Marriage That Cost Them Dearl by foolinlove(f): 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
Number one mistake:

Getting married.

1 Like

Re: 10 Biggest Mistakes Women Might Be Making In Their Marriage That Cost Them Dearl by tracyfemmmm: 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
I think this list is perfect. Especially leaving their job and not making time for friends. Friends will add flavor to ur life and help you acoid gumbody behaviour
Re: 10 Biggest Mistakes Women Might Be Making In Their Marriage That Cost Them Dearl by kaseshi: 6:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
foolinlove:
Number one mistake:

Getting married.
dearie don't tell me yhu don't wanna have kids!
Re: 10 Biggest Mistakes Women Might Be Making In Their Marriage That Cost Them Dearl by Blackfire(m): 3:14am On Jul 02, 2016
foolinlove:
Number one mistake:
Getting married.

take it easy boo
Re: 10 Biggest Mistakes Women Might Be Making In Their Marriage That Cost Them Dearl by placeofallure(f): 5:40am On Jul 02, 2016
Nice list. I didn't give any thought to it before that my husband and I may be too Siamese for comfort so last summer, my office organised a summer vacation for select members of staff, l was included. I didn't want to decline to attend because it has promotion perks attached to it. As soon as I made up my mind to go, calls started coming in from family and even my colleagues, they were wondering how we would survive the short break away from each other. My hubby said l could go but he fell ill before l returned and to make it more dangerous, in his sickness he shut himself away from everybody. Since then, I made it compulsory to share our lives with other people. I encourage him to bond with friends and family more and I'm doing likewise. I'm putting in for another summer vacation in the office only this time I wish management will reconsider and let us come with our spouses.
Re: 10 Biggest Mistakes Women Might Be Making In Their Marriage That Cost Them Dearl by illuminada: 5:44am On Jul 02, 2016
placeofallure:
Nice list. I didn't give any thought to it before that my husband and I may be too Siamese for comfort so last summer, my office organised a summer vacation for select members of staff, l was included. I didn't want to decline to attend because it has promotion perks attached to it. As soon as I made up my mind to go, calls started coming in from family and even my colleagues, they were wondering how we would survive the short break away from each other. My hubby said l could go but he fell ill before l returned and to make it more dangerous, in his sickness he shut himself away from everybody. Since then, I made it compulsory to share our lives with other people. I encourage him to bond with friends and family more and I'm doing likewise. I'm putting in for another summer vacation in the office only this time I wish management will reconsider and let us come with our spouses.

Going on a vacation trip with your spouse would be nice, for sure. Must be some high profile job you got there smiley
Re: 10 Biggest Mistakes Women Might Be Making In Their Marriage That Cost Them Dearl by placeofallure(f): 5:45am On Jul 02, 2016
Nice list. I didn't give any thought to it before that my husband and I may be too Siamese for comfort until last summer, my office organised a summer vacation for select members of staff, l was included. I didn't want to decline to attend because it has promotion perks attached to it. As soon as I made up my mind to go, calls started coming in from family and even my colleagues, they were wondering how we would survive the short break away from each other. My hubby said l could go but he fell ill before l returned and to make it more dangerous, in his sickness he shut himself away from everybody. Since then, I made it compulsory to share our lives with other people. I encourage him to bond with friends and family more and I'm doing likewise. I'm putting in for another summer vacation in the office only this time I wish management will reconsider and let us come with our spouses.

(1) (Reply)

9 Signs You Are Taking Jealousy Too Far / The Difference Btw Igbo Girls And Yoruba Girls / Marriage Plans Gone Sour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.