Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,478 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors (1086 Views)

Always Making Improvement With Actions (AMIWA) / How To Handle ATM Dispense Errors: / (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
I don't know what to do again. I work remotely as a Customer Care Agent for a Company here in Nigeria. The pay is quite okay considering that I work from home. However, for the life of me, I don't seem to be able to avoid costly but little errors that spoil all my efforts.

Today, I got an enquiry from a customer that I wasn't able to answer on my own. I drafted a reply and sent it to the MD, she tweaked the draft a bit and told me to send it to the customer. I put the draft into the into the compose box and... didn't send it!!

I don't know how that could have happened, but such costly mistakes have been the bane of my life-- even when I had a day job. I am usually attentive to detail, I don't multi-task but these things keep ruining all my efforts.

Professionals in the house, please how can I improve on the quality of my work. I am close to tears here!! Every opportunity I get I just mess up

cc:

Lalasticla
Firefire
Acidosis
SeverusSnape
aaronson
KingEbukasBlog
Uyiuredia
LordAdam
Re: HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by infogenius(m): 7:10pm On Jul 01, 2016
Possibly you don't do your job with a conscious effort. You may be easily distracted by your thoughts and events around you.

My advice is this. Learn to work under less pressure. Learn to relax a bit during work.
And when you are at work concentrate.

Maybe that is the area you need to work on.
Re: HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 01, 2016
infogenius:
Possibly you don't do your job with a conscious effort. You may be easily distracted by your thoughts and events around you.

My advice is this. Learn to work under less pressure. Learn to relax a bit during work. are
And when you are at work concentrate.

Maybe that is the area you need to work on

Brother, what you say may be true. I always pressure myself because I believe working with too much ease will lead to errors -- Whenever I decide to apply myself to work and do everything right,that's always when these little damn costly mistakes slip in. I am distraught because there's been talk of making me Team Lead of the CS unit but these things keep slipping through, I keep fu..cking up
Re: HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
The reason am gonna come to your rescue is because you mentioned my name right on your original post. Let's get the class started.

First of all, you normal but with little disorder which many people suffers from even children. Its called, ADD(Attention Deficit Disorder)

Let me quickly explain to you how you mind works.

The mind is so complex and embedded in the brain it travels between your Brain - Consciousness - Subconsciousness and Unconsciousness. The mind very powerful

The Mind could be traced back to alignment with that part where you find the memory in the brian, Mind tends to be secondary memory or short term memory.

What is the Job of the mind?

Its so diverse and many, the jobs of the mind are so many that something you would do something and don't even have an idea of how you pulled it off and sometimes, you would just blank off from a little problem.

The mind mostly activate the subconscious you to conscious you and in that process you barely aware of your surrounding, its does so by bring back random thoughts of what you done past through in life, where you intend to do next, Your ambition, A girl you would like to bed, Your dream car, Wishes, Phobia, Religion etc, Several random thoughts. Now that's normal

BUT

When it gets abnormal is you being away from your comfort zone and being at a place like work and the mind start running spree on random thought. No! That's a bad time for that, The normal mind conforms to the surrounding where an individual finds himself and only focuses on matters arising in that surrounding.

For instance, Imagine a child In school being taught Algebra equation and his mind is wandering about how to play with toys, computer game, playing with his friends etc. The child would admit to be focus but he's mind is not present and its hard for the teacher to know because she isn't a psychologist. To a psychologist, the student has ADD.

Yes, You admit to being focused but I can tell you very absent minded.

How would you go about it?

Funny enought the first step to remedial cure is you admitting your mind wanders too much. Otherwise you wouldn't leave things undone.

Remember I told you the mind conforms to an individual present surrounding, the reason for this is the eyes, what ever the eyes see innately stairs a perception from the mind and in that process you are trying to make sense of everything you see in the new surrounding. That's why thoughts from your comfort zone should differ from thoughts at work. Now, how should this help you? Any time you at work and nothing to do, Shut your eyes and take a nap.

Yes the brain works continuously and never stop but your mind stops the moment you sleeping. And most time when the mind isn't at rest, that's when your dream. (REM)

Another thing is, The brain can never multitask, You use your brain to discharge your official duties and not your mind so use the brain effectively by focusing one task at a time.

Always relax your mind to shut out thoughts by playing a compilation of your favourite musics.

There are several ways to put your mind to check and put it to perspective of where you at.

I wish you goodluck sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
aaronson:
The reason am gonna come to your rescue is because you mentioned my name right on your original post. Let's get the class started.

First of all, you normal but with little disorder which many people suffers from even children. Its called, ADD(Attention Deficit Disorder)

Let me quickly explain to you how you mind works.

The mind is so complex and embedded in the brain it travels between your Brain - Consciousness - Subconsciousness and Unconsciousness. The mind very powerful

The Mind could be traced back to alignment with that part where you find the memory in the brian, Mind tends to be secondary memory or short term memory.

What is the Job of the mind?

Its so diverse and many, the jobs of the mind are so many that something you would do something and don't even have an idea of how you pulled it off and sometimes, you would just blank off from a little problem.

The mind mostly activate the subconscious you to conscious you and in that process you barely aware of your surrounding, its does so by bring back random thoughts of what you done past through in life, where you intend to do next, Your ambition, A girl you would like to bed, Your dream car, Wishes, Phobia, Religion etc, Several random thoughts. Now that's normal

BUT

When it gets abnormal is you being away from your comfort zone and being at a place like work and the mind start running spree on random thought. No! That's a bad time for that, The normal mind conforms to the surrounding where an individual finds himself and only focuses on matters arising in that surrounding.

For instance, Imagine a child In school being taught Algebra equation and his mind is wandering about how to play with toys, computer game, playing with his friends etc. The child would admit to be focus but he's mind is not present and its hard for the teacher to know because she isn't a psychologist. To a psychologist, the student has ADD.

Yes, You admit to being focused but I can tell you very absent minded.

How would you go about it?

Funny enought the first step to remedial cure is you admitting your mind wanders too much. Otherwise you wouldn't leave things undone.

Remember I told you the mind conforms to an individual present surrounding, the reason for this is the eyes, what ever the eyes see innately stairs a perception from the mind and in that process you are trying to make sense of everything you see in the new surrounding. That's why thoughts from your comfort zone should differ from thoughts at work. Now, how should this help you? Any time you at work and nothing to do, Shut your eyes and take a nap.

Yes the brain works continuously and never stop but your mind stops the moment you sleeping. And most time when the mind isn't at rest, that's when your dream. (REM)

Another thing is, The brain can never multitask, You use your brain to discharge your official duties and not your mind so use the brain effectively by focusing one task at a time.

Always relax your mind to shut out thoughts by playing a compilation of your favourite musics.

There are several ways to put your mind to check and put it to perspective of where you at.

I wish you goodluck sir.

Everything that you say is true. I now have an insight why I am always this way. You're also spot on the Absentmindedness. It's such a major issue in my life.
Re: HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by dammytosh: 8:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
U need a break or leave.

Just 3 days should do.

When u are back, u need a stick on what we call a todo list.

Every task u want to do must be on the list and u mark the ones u av done.

Go to YouTube and watch some videos on personanal effectiveness..

Task dt will take days make sure u set them in reminders on ur fone.

Calm down, everything will be fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by Acidosis(m): 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
I'm here to learn bro, thanks for the mention.
Re: HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by tuscani: 9:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
i feel ur pain. but just dont keep getting scared of making mistakes. d more u get scared the more mistake you mske.
Re: HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2016
WriteBoy:
I don't know what to do again. I work remotely as a Customer Care Agent for a Company here in Nigeria. The pay is quite okay considering that I work from home. However, for the life of me, I don't seem to be able to avoid costly but little errors that spoil all my efforts.

Today, I got an enquiry from a customer that I wasn't able to answer on my own. I drafted a reply and sent it to the MD, she tweaked the draft a bit and told me to send it to the customer. I put the draft into the into the compose box and... didn't send it!!

I don't know how that could have happened, but such costly mistakes have been the bane of my life-- even when I had a day job. I am usually attentive to detail, I don't multi-task but these things keep ruining all my efforts.

Professionals in the house, please how can I improve on the quality of my work. I am close to tears here!! Every opportunity I get I just mess up

cc:

Lalasticla
Firefire
Acidosis
SeverusSnape
aaronson
KingEbukasBlog
Uyiuredia
LordAdam

I'm still in the university, just here to offer my own two cents
Could it be because you work from home?
I find it easier to study in a library setting for example, than in the comfort of my own room. I feel too relaxed in my room.
If you insist on working from home, it may sound ridiculous but for the duration of your work hours, get a desk and chair that is dedicated for work alone, and dress like you're in a work setting (not necessarily complete shirt and tie, but enough to make you feel like you're at work).
I just feel like this might help
good luck bro
Re: HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 02, 2016
WriteBoy:

cc:

Lalasticla
Firefire
Acidosis
SeverusSnape
aaronson
KingEbukasBlog
Uyiuredia
LordAdam

I use a post it note or a fancy notepad, jot down what you need to do step by step. Check each completed step. I hope that helps you as much as it did me.
Re: HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 02, 2016
dammytosh:
U need a break or leave.

Just 3 days should do.

When u are back, u need a stick on what we call a todo list.

Every task u want to do must be on the list and u mark the ones u av done.

Go to YouTube and watch some videos on how to work effectively.

Task dt will take days make sure u set them in reminders on ur fone.

Calm down, everything will be fine.
I just wrote the same thing. Wasn't aware someone already did. A to do list is very helpful.
Re: HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by illuminada: 5:32am On Jul 02, 2016
I think some of the suggestions on here are very good. After all else failed, a few folks I know resorted to help from medical experts.

Certain prescription drugs were recommended like adderall. But I don't think this is your case though. Aaronson made some good points.
Re: HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 02, 2016
If you tend to be absent minded, use sticky notes on your system, that is what the function is there for. You can then free your mind for other stuff. Make it a point to go through your sticky notes first thing in the morning and first thing when you enter from lunch break.
Re: HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by pmc01(m): 1:56pm On Jul 02, 2016
WriteBoy:

cc:

Lalasticla
Firefire
Acidosis
SeverusSnape
aaronson
KingEbukasBlog
Uyiuredia
LordAdam

Enough has being said and I sincerely hope you find some respite soon enough.
That said, can I get such job as yours? What do I need to do? Thanks for your anticipated kind response.
Re: HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by Nobody: 1:25am On Jul 09, 2016
[b]Update:

I am very thankful to everyone who took a second to chime in helpful tips. I actually had an error free work week. Yes Monday to Friday without one error.

Like Aaronson rightfully decoded, I am hella absent minded and I am also a daydreamer. I tried practising mindfulness and incorporating a to-do list into my schedule. They did help because I got to constantly keep my mind aware of pending tasks and duties.

On Wednesday, I went to the Neuropsychiatric Hospital at Yaba -- yes Yabaleft. I met with a Psychologist and discussed a few things about my mind. We discussed attention spans, how many thoughts I have going at the same time, task completion rates, how often I see through a project and other things that are obviously too private to reveal here.

It was such an intense session. I was highly strung and nervous and teary, but she was very helpful and told me not to be ashamed because I am not doing anything wrong but rather I was looking for ways to make myself a better individual. At the end of the day, she revealed that her preliminary findings show that I have traces of adult ADD. We've got another session fixed for next week Wednesday. Then she's going to administer other exams and the possibility of taking medicines to help me focus better.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in something.

Love and appreciate you all!

[/b]

1 Like

Re: HELP! I Am Always Making Little But Costly Errors by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 09, 2016
WriteBoy:
[b]Update:

I am very thankful to everyone who took a second to chime in helpful tips. I actually had an error free work week. Yes Monday to Friday without one error.

Like Aaronson rightfully decoded, I am hella absent minded and I am also a daydreamer. I tried practising mindfulness and incorporating a to-do list into my schedule. They did help because I got to constantly keep my mind aware of pending tasks and duties.

On Wednesday, I went to the Neuropsychiatric Hospital at Yaba -- yes Yabaleft. I met with a Psychologist and discussed a few things about my mind. We discussed attention spans, how many thoughts I have going at the same time, task completion rates, how often I see through a project and other things that are obviously too private to reveal here.

It was such an intense session. I was highly strung and nervous and teary, but she was very helpful and told me not to be ashamed because I am not doing anything wrong but rather I was looking for ways to make myself a better individual. At the end of the day, she revealed that her preliminary findings show that I have traces of adult ADD. We've got another session fixed for next week Wednesday. Then she's going to administer other exams and the possibility of taking medicines to help me focus better.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in something.

Love and appreciate you all!

[/b]
You gonna be fine sir, its just one of those things in today's world of even when you rich, the walls would still seems to be closing in. You on top of this already.

Goodluck with your therapy session bro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do I Need To Go Back To University Or Face My Printing Business / Free Graphics Design Seminar in Lagos - November, 2018 / Earn From Chinese PUBU ERUDITE, Downloading E-books.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.