Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Christian Forum - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Forum (3614 Views)

Christian Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Forum by alakara(m): 8:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
Seun
As a christian i ask to request for a forum for christians where we discuss our beliefs and conviction.
Where you have to confess Jesus as your Lord and Saviour before you post and comment in the forum.
Where there wont be any derailment or infrigement on my constitutional right to free religion.
This religion board is for all religion.
So as one of the christian of this group i request for a christian forum.
Please use your office to create the forum for christians.

If you are a christian sign this petition.

Moderators etc dont ban me.
Cc
OAM4J. Petral1. Unique04. Sirmuel1. KnightRod. Touchnot01. Okeyson4wisdom. Truthman2012. Dreal11247. Uyilredia. Annunaki2. HumbledbyGrace

4 Likes

Re: Christian Forum by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Forum by Sirmuel1(m): 9:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
grin
Re: Christian Forum by alakara(m): 9:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
Sirmuel1 Seun Unique04
What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Equity, JUSTICE AND EQUALITY

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Forum by ifenes(m): 9:29pm On Jul 01, 2016
DJHANDSOME:
Yes, the atheist are taking over the christianity section cry

Lol

This is got to be the funniest thing I ve heard today!

2 Likes

Re: Christian Forum by Touchnot01: 1:47am On Jul 02, 2016
They know christians dont care about their opinions. And so having a christian section means a boring life for the atheists. Insecurity and Self-hatred will hack some of them to death if they didnt talk so much about God and christianity. We will continue to believe in God no matter their efforts.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian Forum by Seun(m): 7:45am On Jul 02, 2016
If I had my way, there would be no Islam section. It was created just to protect Nairaland members. I want different faiths to interact.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian Forum by 1999pikin: 8:27am On Jul 02, 2016
so Christians don't need protection?

since they are two major religion in Nigeria (Christian and Muslim) let it be like this then

1- Christian religion
2- Islam for Muslims
3- general religion.

enough said.

5 Likes

Re: Christian Forum by Funjosh(m): 8:52am On Jul 02, 2016
It will be easier for an Elephant to pass through a needle than this to be granted tongue

2 Likes

Re: Christian Forum by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 02, 2016
Re: Christian Forum by Ranchhoddas: 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seun:
If I had my way, there would be no Islam section. It was created just to protect Nairaland members. I want different faiths to interact.
I think you should open a thread to explain this. The amount of threads that have been created on this in the last 24 hours is quite rankling.

1 Like

Re: Christian Forum by damogul: 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seun:

Seun you say "if you had your way"....pray tell us how it is that you cannot have your way as the owner of Nairaland when it comes to creating an exclusive Islamic section but you can freely have your way when it comes to Christians and you also can freely have your way when it comes to taken down Christian complaint threads that complain about this high handedness without offering any form of explanation or clarification?
Are you doing good or causing more harm?

3 Likes

Re: Christian Forum by petra1(m): 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
1999pikin:
so Christians don't need protection?

since they are two major religion in Nigeria (Christian and Muslim) let it be like this then

1- Christian religion
2- Islam for Muslims
3- general religion.

enough said.

I agree with this

1 Like

Re: Christian Forum by Ranchhoddas: 6:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seun:
LoJ
Re: Christian Forum by Seun(m): 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
Non-violent interactions.
Re: Christian Forum by Sheenor: 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
Agreed with the op... Sir Seun, please do something about it. Thanks...
Re: Christian Forum by Touchnot01: 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seun:
If I had my way, there would be no Islam section. It was created just to protect Nairaland members. I want different [size=15pt]faiths[/size] to interact.
I just hope reasonable people can see this. This further confirms that atheism can never give a meaningful and valid reason as to why they are relentlessly obsessed with God and religion. Atheism takes [size=13pt]faith[/size] (not evidence) to sustain its unbelief.
At the end of the day, reality continues to show that we all have faith that out various adopted worldview must be true. Man will always be Man.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Forum by bigybanty02(m): 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seun:

op i dey ur back on dis 1 pastor seun stop doin ojoro for hia oh! Create our own christian forum 4 us were we can pratice and learn more about our faith peacefuly!

3 Likes

Re: Christian Forum by damogul: 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
bigybanty02:

op i dey ur back on dis 1 pastor seun stop doin ojoro for hia oh! Create our own christian forum 4 us were we can pratice and learn more about our faith peacefuly!

Indeed "peacefully is the word"
Re: Christian Forum by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:29am On Jul 03, 2016
Seun:

Whatever made you create the Islam section , do same for Christians .

2 Likes

Re: Christian Forum by alakara(m): 8:28am On Jul 03, 2016
Seun:

So create Christian section to protect Christian too which is guaranteed under the Constitution Section 38 subsections 1-4
Re: Christian Forum by kevoh(m): 9:04am On Jul 03, 2016
alakara:

So create Christian section to protect Christian too which is guaranteed under the Constitution Section 38 subsections 1-4
read and understand seun's comment very well. Nairaland members including christians are already well protected through the isolation of Islam section. You probably are unaware that some violent threats were dished out by the regular violence mongers of the mohamedan faith back in the days when their faith was critiqued.
Re: Christian Forum by damogul: 11:43am On Jul 03, 2016
kevoh:

read and understand seun's comment very well. Nairaland members including christians are already well protected through the isolation of Islam section. You probably are unaware that some violent threats were dished out by the regular violence mongers of the mohamedan faith back in the days when their faith was critiqued.

You are so wrong with this analogy....how can Seun offer protection to Christians on an online forum? Why doesnt facebook or other social media create separate facebook pages specifically for muslims? If Seun feels there is a genuine threat to Christians here on nairaland then the easiest solution would have been to totally delete the islam section and ban all manner of islamic comments rather than doing so he rather supported and encouraged their action by providing them a legal platform to further perpetrate such vices.

Now no Chrstian is Privy to their posts or plots as the only way to have access is by first accepting to be a muslim and then by ensuring their mods are 100% muslim as well is dangerous if he genuinely felt they posed a threat because a true muslim would always support anything islamic even if it means death as long as the quran says so.

1 Like

Re: Christian Forum by Seun(m): 12:17pm On Jul 03, 2016
The objective was to protect your security and lives, not your feelings. For more information:
https://www.nairaland.com/1947119/let-us-more-tolerant-each

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian Forum by kevoh(m): 12:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
damogul:

You are so wrong with this analogy....
It is not an analogy. I am not doing any comparisons here,so saying it is a wrong analogy is out of place. My comments are the exact words typed by Seun himself. I am merely repeating what the man says he wants for his forum. Let's go over it once more:

Seun:

Seun:

Seun:
Due to the religious diversity of the Nairaland community, it's impossible to come up with policies that will make everyone happy. Point 1: We can't give everyone what they want, even if we try, because some people want the opposite of what some other people want. Point 2: We do not seek to favour or help or disfavour or harm any religion; our priority is the Nairaland community as a whole - what's best for Nairalanders as a group. If you have complaints about our policies, or questions about why we're doing this or that, please send your complaints to the supermods via the home page. We'll respond to your complaints as quickly as we can and update this thread with the answers to your frequently asked questions.

damogul:

how can Seun offer protection to Christians on an online forum? Why doesnt facebook or other social media create separate facebook pages specifically for muslims? If Seun feels there is a genuine threat to Christians here on nairaland then the easiest solution would have been to totally delete the islam section and ban all manner of islamic comments rather than doing so he rather supported and encouraged their action by providing them a legal platform to further perpetrate such vices.

You are not Seun. You are not the owner of Nairaland. You were not there when threats were issued. Majority, do not know the types of violent threats issued, it could have been as worse as meeting the person physically. Nairaland(Anonymous platform) is not Facebook(identified users). The owner of NL does what he feels is SAFE for his NL business interests and every user which he has stated in the above quotes, if you do not like it simply move to another forum that is conducive for you, create yours or ****.Its that simple.

damogul:

Now no Chrstian is Privy to their posts or plots as the only way to have access is by first accepting to be a muslim and then by ensuring their mods are 100% muslim as well is dangerous if he genuinely felt they posed a threat because a true muslim would always support anything islamic even if it means death as long as the quran says so.
At the bold, This is just unnecessary wailing. Seriously, what is there in accepting that declaration? Why are you guys so worked up at a mere pointless declaration that goes a away in a week?Does it in any way reduce your CHRISTIANITY? Except, you want to tell me that you truly believe you are a automatically turned a muslim once you click the button.The muslims themselves are already doing a good job of demarketing themselves with ISIS, Boko-Haram,under age kidnap e.t.c so what new stuff will I learn if I want to stroll to the Islamic section. Nada!

3 Likes

Re: Christian Forum by damogul: 1:43pm On Jul 03, 2016
Seun:
The objective was to protect your security and lives, not your feelings. For more information:
https://www.nairaland.com/1947119/let-us-more-tolerant-each

If as you say, the objective was to protect our security and lives and not our feelings why then is it so hard to give us a simple exclusive section especially since you have declared via ur statement above that Christians are peaceful? Or is it because of our tolerant nature you probably feel any and evryone is free to take a jab at us be they occultist, traditionalist, freethinkers or atheists?

Regarding the issue of not doing it based on protecting our feelings is wrong on so many levels. I say this because 99% of threats and violent outbursts are based on emotional triggers caused (in this context) by religious confrontations. Its not enough to attempt to deal with the issue on the surface by offering physical protection as you put it but it is better to deal with it from the root and cut off the emotional connection and free criss crossing of faiths and let whoever seeks Christian or Islamic indoctrination do so based on their personal choices which is where you ought to have included a disclaimer in the islamic section and in the Christian section (when you create one) that "whoever chooses to enter any section be it Christian or Islam does so based on their choice and offering a yes or no option to proceed or not.

Like you rightly observed, Christians are peacful and when you continuously take away fairness from the top and as a norm choke those who need it the end result is lack of faith and belief in the system or even in their own system.

What is worth doing is worth doing well....DO THIS WELL.

1 Like

Re: Christian Forum by ojaydedon(m): 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2016
damogul:

If as you say, the objective was to protect our security and lives and not our feelings why then is it so hard to give us a simple exclusive section especially since you have declared via ur statement above that Christians are peaceful? Or is it because of our tolerant nature you probably feel any and evryone is free to take a jab at us be they occultist, traditionalist, freethinkers or atheists?

Regarding the issue of not doing it based on protecting our feelings is wrong on so many levels. I say this because 99% of threats and violent outbursts are based on emotional triggers caused (in this context) by religious confrontations. Its not enough to attempt to deal with the issue on the surface by offering physical protection as you put it but it is better to deal with it from the root and cut off the emotional connection and free criss crossing of faiths and let whoever seeks Christian or Islamic indoctrination do so based on their personal choices which is where you ought to have included a disclaimer in the islamic section and in the Christian section (when you create one) that "whoever chooses to enter any section be it Christian or Islam does so based on their choice and offering a yes or no option to proceed or not.

Like you rightly observed, Christians are peacful and when you continuously take away fairness from the top and as a norm choke those who need it the end result is lack of faith and belief in the system or even in their own system.

What is worth doing is worth doing well....DO THIS WELL.
Re: Christian Forum by alakara(m): 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
Seun
I appreciate your response to this post.
there are some of your points I need to analyse.
Firstly you said you wish all faith could interact on a single board that is good but u decide to change your mind and create a Muslim section .Any religion in the world preaches EQUITY, JUSTICE AND FAIRNESS. As a result of this you need to change your mind also and create a Christian section.
Secondly, since some opinion tell us here that what bring about the Islamic Section was the threat to some lives and properties. Since Christianity is a religion of peace and love, I don't think Christians need to threaten anybody before their request is granted.
Lastly you might be the owner of Nairaland but all Nairalander are stalkholders and every opinion of every Nairalander is as important as yours.
Lastly while do you always criticize or analyse the Christian faith or is it the only faith in the whole wide world or maybe you know more about it.
#XtianSectiononNL

1 Like

Re: Christian Forum by Seun(m): 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
Islam is the only religion getting a special treatment. Christians are free to criticize all other religions and philosophies including Atheism, Buddhism, Occultism, Traditionalism, etc. It is myopic to imply that this policy is anti-Christian as if all other religions have been granted their own sections. Some Muslims don't even like having their own section because their section is very dry compared to this one.

A problem I've observed is that some atheists are very rude and prone to derailing threads, effectively turning every thread into a debate about the existence of God. That's not right and in a few days mynd44 will extend his war against trolls to this section so we can have a good time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Forum by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
Seun:
Islam is the only religion getting a special treatment. Christians are free to criticize all other religions including Atheists, Budhists, Occultists, Traditionalists, etc. It is myopic to imply that this policy is anti-Christian as if all other religions have been granted their own sections. Some Muslims don't even like having their own section because their section is dry compared to this one.

A problem I've observed is that some atheists are very rude and prone to derailing threads, effectively turning every thread into a debate about the existence of God. That's not right and in a few days mynd44 will extend his war against trills to this section so we can have peace.

mynd44 sword and axe no go touch me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Integrity Of The Gospels / Freethinkers How Do You Manage Living In A Country That Believes In Superstition / Nelson Mandela And The Mark Of The Beast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.