Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Google Announced That Android 7.0 Will Officially Be Known As Nougat - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Announced That Android 7.0 Will Officially Be Known As Nougat (505 Views)

New Nokia 3310 (2.0) Will Officially Sell In Nigeria / Samsung Has Announced That It Is Ending The Production Of The Galaxy Note7 / The First MT6580 Device To Do Android 6.0 Will Be Announced? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Announced That Android 7.0 Will Officially Be Known As Nougat by 9jarom(m): 10:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
Google Announced That Android 7.0 Will Officially be Known as Nougat
http://www.9jarom.net/2016/07/google-announced-that-android-70-will.html
Google Announced That Android 7.0 Will Officially be Known as Nougat

Google has announced the next version of its Android mobile operating system is Nougat. Android Nougat will be version 7.0. Nougat is the nickname of the new Android OS. Android 7.0 Nougat is the latest and the senior version of Android 6.0.1.

At Google I/O, the company announced that it would be taking suggestions for what to name its next mobile OS. To avoid a Boaty McBoatface issue, Google insisted that it would have the final say no matter what suggestion the Internet favored most.

Among the names posted on Google’s Android N website were Nachos, Naan, Nectar, Nut brittle, and more. But Nougat was the winner, joining Marshmallow, Lollipop, KitKat, Ice Cream Sandwich, and all the other sugary Android monikers.

Android Nougat promises to bring you a variety of “tastes” and features. Front and center will be the multi-window support. Also, Google is bringing a better Doze functionality.Then there’s the seamless auto-update, which allows the operating system to download Android core level updates in the background and install them when you restart.

Check out the video of the Android Nougat statue unveiling, then let us know what you think about the naming scheme.

You can now watch out for the OTA updates of Android 7.0 Nougat on your Android devices. If your Android phone is among the eligble devices, you should see the update soon. I guess you know what to do next. ..
This major Android versions follow alphabetical order?
Android 1.6. Donut. - D
Android 2.1. Eclair. - E
Android 2.2. Froyo. - F
Android 2.3. Gingerbread. - G
Android 3.0. Honeycomb. - H
Android 4.0. Ice Cream Sandwich. - I
Android 4.1. Jelly Bean. - J
Android 4.4. KitKat. - K
Android 5.0. Lollipop. - L
Android 6.0. Marshmallow. - M and now
Android 7.0. Nougat. - N
Now can you please tell me below which alphabet will Android 8.0 be ..
http://www.9jarom.net/2016/07/google-announced-that-android-70-will.html

Re: Google Announced That Android 7.0 Will Officially Be Known As Nougat by cosby02(m): 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
8.0 will be "chopchop" c
Re: Google Announced That Android 7.0 Will Officially Be Known As Nougat by Vision4God: 11:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
Hhhmmm
Re: Google Announced That Android 7.0 Will Officially Be Known As Nougat by Timileyin1234(m): 4:03am On Jul 02, 2016
They suppose to name it NUTmeg
Re: Google Announced That Android 7.0 Will Officially Be Known As Nougat by shegzan(m): 6:48am On Jul 02, 2016
anyfin they name it no consine me... mk my hot2 sha fit use am easily like e dey use marshmallow!

(1) (Reply)

How Would You Feel If You Sold 1 Billion Products? / How To Catch Those Stealing Your Wi-fi And Block Them / Checkout Zte Axon 7 : Brief Spec Includes 4gb Ram, 20mp Rare Camera....,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.